Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Hey Mr. C!

I don't know why I find it so hard to keep up but I've caught up yet again.

Love the little Amnesia plant! Small plants don't bother me in the least, as long as they're in small pots! And she looks like a tasty specimen.

The Chocolope and GG both look outstanding. The Chocolope will be a hard act to follow but the GG looks like she could be give her a run.

And your next two autos are berry interesting picks. :laughtwo:

You're killing it, distant relative! :Rasta:

First, a little peek into the box- the Gorilla Glue is doing well-
Looking great so far. Is it gonna outgrow your indoor space?
You may have noticed the 2 little ones hanging on the wall- those are the beginnings my next outdoor
grow-
I grew a BlackBerry Fire and a Blueberry Muffin my first year. My son and I would mix the two together and call it "black & blue". Was a great evening smoke. :ganjamon:
Now the outdoor Chocodope auto :love:
That's a beauty! :thumb:

Your patience paid off
Thanks, HH! But now it's just about time for a little stint in trim jail...
I don't know why I find it so hard to keep up
Great to see you, caught up or not! Hell, I'm so far behind I'll probably never catch up...and with Wednesday being the new "lil Nova" day, I'm not going to do much catching up today, either...

Hi, Stone- Thanks for stopping by!...:thumb:

Is it gonna outgrow your indoor space?
I think it's gonna try...She got her first taste of "the gray stuff" on Monday, and she's really going for it now... :oops:

Well, her time is finally up...today was Harvest day for the little Chocodope auto...
She was 82 days old, flowering for 61 (2 days shy of 9 weeks) Here's a couple of parting shots:

1.jpg

SaugaView®:
2.jpg

A Bud:
5.jpg

A lot of the leaves in the buds were starting to die, and she hardly drank anything since Monday,
so her time was definitely up- her buds are pretty dense, and I was starting to worry about bud rot,- I did find a bit of it, but only a few grams worth...
6a.jpg

Anyhow...here's her little skeleton-
4.jpg

In the pans before trimming- there was only 4 or 5 popcorn buds on the whole plant (no thanks to me, I did no defoliating at all...)
6.jpg

And after...22.2oz wet (622 grams)- so apx. 5oz dry... not a record by any means, but doesn't seem too bad for a 12" plant :cheesygrinsmiley:
7.jpg

And, as usual, here's where she'll hang for the next 5 or 6 days...
She's got a different smell than most- like a freshly resurfaced road, or parking lot- a hot asphalt type smell- not a bad smell at all, just a little different than what I'm used to....:hmmmm:
8.jpg

The trimming only took me about 2 hours, so it wasn't too bad...I used vinyl gloves this time, instead of nitrile or latex, and found out that pot goo doesn't stick to vinyl! Who knew..?
(everyone but me, probably...:))

And that's about it for this one- She was easy to grow, and fairly pest & PM resistant- I did find a few aphids, but only 20 or so on the whole plant.
I'd like to say a special Thank You to @BooWho2 , for the seed that grew this chunky little lady!:thanks:
And to @BeezLuiz and @InTheShed for the harvest advice!

Thanks for Looking, I appreciate the support!
I hope everyone's week is going well, and please, be careful out there!

She sure turned out nice. Love that color, bet I’d like the smoke even more. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I used vinyl gloves this time
Gloves. I see many people using gloves. I’m still pretty old school I guess and still using vegetable spray oil on my hands and scissors.
Are vinyl gloves that much better then an oil spray?

She was a little Popeye thing but man she paid off for her size.
Thanks, Boo, she sure did turn out nice!

Uh oh. You are supposed to help me figure out what she smells like.
Well, there may be a little pepper in that smell too- it's actually a hard one to describe- hot asphalt is just the first thing that came to mind when I gave her a good sniff, but there's more to it than that, just can't quite nail it down yet...

She sure turned out nice. Love that color,
Thanks, Nev!
Are vinyl gloves that much better then an oil spray?
When you get done, just throw them away, so your hands don't have the pot stickiness or the smell
-the gloves don't get sticky at all...you could actually re use them if you wanted to...

Congratulations on the harvest of that cute little brute!
Thanks, Shed! that extra 2 weeks really made a difference in her "fatness" :hmmmm:
From the pic it looks like those vinyl gloves might be powdered
Not powdered, just cheap vinyl exam gloves- it's odd- after you use them, they're not sticky at all- I've always used nitrile, and they're a sticky mess by the time I'm done- hence the gooey camera....

Thank you, HH!
It will never cease to amaze me how you grow such fattie buds every time.
Not every time- you may have missed my recent 27gram Amnesia harvest... ;)

I'd like to forget that one! ;)

Nice haul on the Chocodope, Mr.C! She turned out to be quite a fatty. :Rasta:

Can you help me out?

I see nothing on the buds you said had rot that would concern me. Exactly what do you see that indicates rot. Please explain it to me like I'm a 5-year old. :Rasta:

I’m choosing to forget mine.
Better luck next time for both of us! (although I guess yours is okay after all?)
Exactly what do you see that indicates rot.
Usually you'll see a few dead leaves coming out of the bud that look a little out of place, like all the leaves around those are healthy, but for some reason they're dying in that one spot- then you bend the bud open so you can see the inside- if it's brown or gray, and sort of fuzzy looking with a musty smell, all that gray or brown stuff is the rot- the stem will also seem soft and bendy in that spot.
I wish I'd of got a pic of it before harvest, but, sadly, I didn't...

edit* caterpillar damage looks about the same, but ther'll be caterpillar poop in there too...

@beez0404 gives a pretty good explanation in his comparative thread here:

Here's a pic of some more I found on the Chocodope -the brown stuff is the rot-sometimes it's grayish too:
rot.jpg

Congrats on the harvest, Carcass! Looks like a good yield for such a small plant.

I think you and Boo just need to grow more of them in order to figure out what exactly it smells like. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Better luck next time for both of us! (although I guess yours is okay after all?)

Usually you'll see a few dead leaves coming out of the bud that look a little out of place, like all the leaves around those are healthy, but for some reason they're dying in that one spot- then you bend the bud open so you can see the inside- if it's brown or gray, and sort of fuzzy looking with a musty smell, all that gray or brown stuff is the rot- the stem will also seem soft and bendy in that spot.
I wish I'd of got a pic of it before harvest, but, sadly, I didn't...

edit* caterpillar damage looks about the same, but ther'll be caterpillar poop in there too...

@beez0404 gives a pretty good explanation in his comparative thread here:

Here's a pic of some more I found on the Chocodope -the brown stuff is the rot-sometimes it's grayish too:
rot.jpg
Thanks Mr.C.

I think I had some of this on a plant I just took down, but not much.

I think you and Boo just need to grow more of them in order to figure out what exactly it smells like.
I'm all for that! But I want the tall pheno next time around...;)
I think I had some of this on a plant I just took down, but not much.
After it dries the rotted area will be "crumbly", - if possible, get it out of there, because you don't want to smoke it if you can avoid it ..

Back
Top Bottom