Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Do you have a hose you can fill up your rain barrel with?

^^^That was my thought also- it'd save a few trips back to the faucet....
I usually only grow 3 plants, and they all drink just 1 gallon, so I haven't needed to do any streamlining...

Thanks for that pic, @InTheShed ! :thanks: -You're pretty good at the photoshop thing!

Duh. That’s a very good idea HH! Plus, the Mosquito bits are hanging out in the rain barrel! :high-five:
No duhs allowed. ;) Streamlining is frustrating but necessary when there’s so many dang plants!

This! ↑ Or ask someone to help carry your water?
Yup, I’ll fill the barrel up a bit. Mr. Boo is not as helpful as I would like him to be, but when he is, he wants to be in charge and this is honestly the only thing I have that is completely mine….so I’d rather get tips and suggestions here vice having to surrender any of this joy to him, or anyone. Hopefully that makes sense and doesn’t sound like a complete bitch. :meditate:

Ah...Popeye. We meet again.

Popeye was my first childhood crush.
I ate spinach (rhubarb leaves) at my aunt's house. It was the only time she babysat. Had to call poison control 20 min in.

How am I still alive? Nobody knows....

Holy moly! :eek:

Breathing difficulty
Burning in the mouth
Burning in the throat
Coma
Diarrhea
Eye pain
Kidney stones
Nausea
Red-colored urine
Seizures
Stomach pain
Vomiting
Weakness
Yeah. It wasn't fun by any means. Just glad my aunt noticed that I was eating something and asked what it was. She was confused where I got spinach until I pointed at the rhubarb plant.
She understandably panicked.

I wasn't feeling good for a few days.

Sometimes that half hour rewards you with surprisingly beautiful smoke results! :p My Amnesia will be an easy one too. But I definitely will try here again indoors.

You should! I’m dying to have someone test her and help me put my finger on the smell, and taste!

I wish you could photoshop a Popeye head on top of that plant with the big ole arms. She’s adorable. :love:

I knew you did that but missed the warm water part. I have the grey stuff too and it just whirled around in the coffee grinder when I tried to make it better, so no joy there. I need to bring a container of warm water down to the Playhouse when mixing and give it another try tomorrow morning. To be honest, I’m so tired from watering plants. It’s been so dry here that my rain barrel has been empty for a couple weeks now so I’ve been filling and carrying gallon jugs from a variety of different water sources ( but I have been using them as weights and lifting them a bit so there’s a positive point!). I have 5 large photoperiod plants that have been recently taking 2.5 gallons each every day, then there are the two fauxtos that are really starting to hit their stride at 1.5 gals every other day, plus the tent GSC who takes 2 gallons every other day and now White Widow wants a gallon every day. OOF! I’m trying to mix stuff up ahead of time but I don’t have enough containers to set everyone up for success ahead of time - and I really need to! I’ve got that baby granddaughter coming sooooon and I need to streamline my process and it’s starting to create a little stress for me…..thoughts on streamlining Mr. Carcass? :thedoubletake: Please? Anyone? :cheesygrinsmiley:

You don't have your plants near a water source? Wow! I don't know how you do it. I'm with Shed. Definitely make transporting the water to the plants your husband's job. That's what I would do and this ↓ ....

Yup, I’ll fill the barrel up a bit. Mr. Boo is not as helpful as I would like him to be, but when he is, he wants to be in charge and this is honestly the only thing I have that is completely mine….so I’d rather get tips and suggestions here vice having to surrender any of this joy to him, or anyone. Hopefully that makes sense and doesn’t sound like a complete bitch. :meditate:

... sums up how I feel about my plants as well. I ask for help when I need it but I have to be really desperate to go that far because I like doing it myself. Doing everything myself helps me learn what I'm doing and Felonious doesn't know all the ins and outs on each plant the way I do.

But, I do have him help when necessary. But, I'm very much the 2-year old when I say I want to do it.

If it's Monday, (and it is...) it must be time for a little Update...
Only two plants left now- I decided to harvest the little Amnesia at about 10pm last night...big job, took all of 20 minutes... :) That's the one really cool thing about growing a tiny plant -tiny plant, quick harvest- but also a tiny yield....
So here's the last pic of the little amnesia auto- she was mostly fed Geoflora nutes, but I switched her to mc apx 3 weeks ago. She pretty much stopped drinking about a week ago, but I waited for a few more amber trichomes before she got chopped...She was 64 days old
4.jpg

And here's where she'll hang for the next 5 or 6 days...I left her in one piece- and I see I've got a little touch-up trimming to do today...
5.jpg

One of her buds- lots of frost (and cat hair) on this girl...pic was taken on 23rd.
6 Amnesia 7-23-21.jpg

Next up- the Gorilla Glue(photo)- growing fine, maybe a little slow, but she'll get there...She finally got watered and fed on Wednesday (44g GeoFlora veg)
The Hydra-1000 is @75 watts, where it'll stay until I flip to 12/12
1.jpg

And the Saugaview®: Lots of soon-to-be budsites coming up in the center...she's 32 days old today...
2a.jpg

And on to the outdoor Chocodope auto- she's still drinking a gallon every 2 days, so she has a little ways to go.
She's 75 days old, fed 5.5g/mc for the last month or so...
7.jpg

She's got a little bit of fade going on, but I think she's going to stay mostly green right up to the end..
the buds are still getting a little fatter every day, with a bit of foxtailing ...
8.jpg

Here's one of her buds, with foxtails:
10.jpg

And finally, one more silhouette shot:
She should be done pretty soon.
I took @InTheShed 's suggestion, and I'm going to wait until she stops drinking before I harvest, so it might be awhile...
9.jpg

Thanks again to @BooWho2 for the Chocodope...:love:!

And that's about it for today- I was hoping to have a seedling going by now, but that didn't work out...:rip:
So I'll try again, once I decide on my next victim....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support!

And please be careful out there- this Covid19 thing is trying to start over- let's do our part to not let that happen...:peace:

Congratulation on the Amnesia harvest! 64 days is pretty quick but still a lot of frost on those flowers. They look solid even it the plant didn't get too tall.

Choco looks good and I wouldn't do a thing about that bottom fade at this point. It looks pretty happy with 5.5g.

And the GG looks fine if slow. You might want to give it some more lux to see if it speeds up the growth. Some plants just want more light!

Sorry about the next round...you'll get there. :Namaste:
That's the one really cool thing about growing a tiny plant
If there was something else cool about it I'd grow more autos. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I took @InTheShed 's suggestion, and I'm going to wait until she stops drinking before I harvest, so it might be awhile...
Not only is it still drinking, but it doesn't have that "done" look either. Carry on!

You might want to give it some more lux to see if it speeds up the growth.
That's something I hadn't considered- No real reason I can't just turn the light up now....or raise the plant a few inches...
I wouldn't do a thing about that bottom fade at this point.
Yeah, I'm not going to change anything, she seems to be in the "sweet spot" right now....

Congrats on the harvest... I keep forgetting the name of that plant. :hmmmm:
I decided to harvest the little Amnesia at about 10pm last night.
That about when I decided to go to bed...
And on to the outdoor Chocodope auto-
Chocodope for the win!! Looks great. :thumb:

Right now I’m partial to that GG. When she cuts loose she will be up at the front and a real stunner.
But then again to be quite honest, I’d throw down with a flame on any one of those beauties. :welldone:

Thanks for the kind words, Trala!
I can’t wait to hear how much the final weigh is on your mini plant
Ha!- That made me curious, so I just weighed the whole plant- halfway dry- 54g including stems-
So probably about an ounce before curing....not much, but not a waste of time, either...
The way she's stinking up the house, you'd think I was drying a pound in that back room ;)
Congrats on the harvest... I keep forgetting the name of that plant.
Thanks Beez!
What plant?:cheesygrinsmiley:
That about when I decided to go to bed...
Well, she wasn't a very big job- I think I was in bed by 10:45...
I wish they all went that fast...

Right now I’m partial to that GG.
Thanks, Nev!
She seems like she's going to do pretty well, but it's too early to tell for sure...:hmmmm:

Is everything grand in your life? I feel like I haven’t seen you much.
Thanks for asking, Trala- I wouldn't say things are grand, but they're not too bad...I've been busy doing all the stuff that I let go because of covid- I could have done them during the lockdown, but I didn't...most of it is yardwork, and I'd rather eat a ball of lint than do yardwork, so it's slow-going at best...
I had hoped, when I was younger, that I'd be one of those old guys that just love working in the yard...but,that obviously didn't happen...

Well turn that frown upside down and embrace the beauty of the outdoors.

Rather than thinking of it as yard work, think of it as being mother nature’s right hand man. Keeping her outdoorness beautiful is an honour.

Back
Top Bottom