Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

How big's the pot she was in?
I always grow in 3 gallon- although, I may have to go to 5 gallon if I want them to get a little bigger...

That was super amazing for a 3 in my mind!
Thank You, Stone!
I may have to stick with 3's- My back isn't in real good shape, and lifting a wet 5 gallon pot in and out of that box might not even be do-able...although, I could just water them in the box, and pump the runoff out of the pan somehow..

Thank You, Stone!
I may have to stick with 3's- My back isn't in real good shape, and lifting a wet 5 gallon pot in and out of that box might not even be do-able...although, I could just water them in the box, and pump the runoff out of the pan somehow..
A "Bucket Head" vacuum for a 5 gal bucket?

HD Bucket Head Vacuum

Because, c'mon, we all want to see the 5 gal grow. Amirite? :popcorn:

A "Bucket Head" vacuum for a 5 gal bucket?
Hey, I've got one of those out in the garage- I forgot about that one... :)
I have a huge old Craftsman shop vac, but that thing's too damn big to easily move around.
I'll have to give the buckethead a test run- even if I stick with 3's, it'll be safer for the plant if I don't have to pull it out of the box 2 or 3 times a week- a real pain in the butt when they get a little bigger...
Thanks, Azimuth!

Thank You, Stone!
That's what I do. A battery transfer pump and they stay put. The 3 x 3 I may have to take one out for maintenance and that'll be a 3 or 5. But only 1. Glamor pics get far and few between that way though.

Thanks, HashGirl!
I haven't grown a GSC yet, so I'm going to give one a try...I'm hoping my seed-killing days are behind me..

I love GSC. It's such a nice hybrid of indica and sativa. It's my favourite strain to smoke.

No school for the 5 year old granddaughter today, so I'm babysitting today :love:
I'll be in here with an update tomorrow...not a lot to update, but I'll think of something... ;)

Well, it's time for a Saturday Harvest Update!

The Blueberry Hill from @Herbies Seeds was 151 days old, flipped 88 days ago,76 days since I spotted her first flowers...

She's been in the dark since Thursday afternoon- I was going to stick her in the broom closet, but I don't have anything else growing at the moment, so I just left her in the box, and turned the lights off (but left the fans on)- she'd been in the dark for apx 40 hours at harvest time this morning.
Here's how she looked- about the same....
0.jpg

The last look at her in the box:
1.jpg

So I removed all the sticks and wires, and she didn't get as floppy as I thought she would
1a.jpg

She spread out a little, but otherwise, she was holding herself up pretty good
3.jpg

So here we are 3 hours later, 41 colas trimmed, 4 to go...there was also 15 small ones.
4.jpg

Finally done- 3.5 hours, and that little pile of trim is all there was.
Jeez, I'm as slow as molasses in january :oops:
5.jpg

Here's the skeleton- I'd like to say that the position of every branch is the result of a well thought out and perfectly executed master plan...
....but we all know that's bullshit- I just direct the branches to wherever there's room for em... :) There was more larf than I thought, I'll get that stuff off of there later.
5a.jpg

On to the scale- not as much there as I'd hoped, but it'll do...(761g wet)
6 -761g.jpg

It went from there to my new drying box-I'm trying to slow the drying down a little, so we'll see if this is gonna do it or not..That's a charcoal filter at the top, leftover from my A/C repair days- this girl is real stinky, and Mrs.C. asked if there's any way to tone the stink down a little, so this may or may not do that...but at least I tried...You can see the little air inlet holes at the bottom of the pic.
7.jpg

Pulling air through the filter, outside the box ,is a little blower I had leftover from my days overclocking computers- it's a 12 volt blower, running on 5 volts so it doesn't pull too much air through the box...it's also on a timer- half hour on, half hour off 24/7.
8.jpg

I want to Thank @Herbies Seeds for the seed that grew this fat little lady.:thanks:

And that about wraps this one up...I hope she takes about 8 days to dry, and then I'll post up a final weight. She did pretty well, despite me killing all her fan leaves a month or so back...
I'll be starting another something in there real soon, I'll let you know when that happens!

Thanks for looking, I really appreciate the support.. :love:

And please, Stay safe out there!:peace:
Awesome harvest carcass... 761 wet.... I'd guess around 450-500 grams after dry, that's a good haul almost a pound :cool:

Oh...what Azi said!
I dug the buckethead out of the garage, should do the trick!
Glamor pics get far and few between that way though.
I'm going to use PromixHP for the next grow, so I don't think a 5 gal. will be much heavier than a 3 gallon with FFOF- which the BBH grew in- that shit is heavy, compared to Promix
I'll need a bigger pan, otherwise a 5 should work just fine...might be what I need to get them taller than the 17" that I'm used to. I'll still be able to drag it out of there for an occasional silhouette shot...or not, we'll see!
I love GSC. It's such a nice hybrid of indica and sativa.
I haven't grown one yet, so I'm stoked!
Do you not think updating us on your status satisfies the update criteria?
Close, but I usually say a little about the plants in the "real" updates :)
761 wet.... I'd guess around 450-500 grams after dry,
Thanks Happy! That's definitely an optimistic estimate, probably closer to 200g, though- but it'll keep me and the boys in the smoke for awhile!:lot-o-toke:
(mostly my boys- I don't smoke very much)

Time for a little Update, even though there's not much to update on...
Although...I did receive a little something yesterday from the So-Cal seed fairy...:love::thanks:

GSC Photo fem, from BlackSkull seeds, been soaking for apx. 18 hours:
1.jpg

Also tried a 5 gallon pot "on for size" in the box- looks like it'll work fine once I get a bigger drain pan- it's only 1.5"wider, and 2" taller than a three gallon. I've got 3 gallons "cooking" I just need to prep 2 more gallons of promix to fill er up...
2.jpg

And finally (I told you there wasn't much) The Blueberry Hill was drying a little too fast, so I set the fan to
half hour on, 1 hour off. The buds were losing on average 2 grams per 18 hours, I hope to slow that to 1 gram. (ish)

3.jpg

And there is absolutely no smell coming out of the drying box! (until I open the door :oops:) I figured that charcoal filter might do a little bit, but it's soaking up every bit of stink...as our UK friends would say- I'm proper impressed! (as is Mrs.C.!)

And that's about it for today- I'll let you know when/if the GSC pops!

Thanks for looking, I appreciate each and every one of you!

Thanks, Shed! I just looked close at the GSC- there's already a little tail on it! That's a very good thing!
Although, with me, it can sometimes be a long way from soak to sprout....
Love the hanging buds, and that drying box needs a name and an ® symbol.
We'll come up with something, once I find out how well (or not) it works- I know it's going to dry stuff,
just not sure yet if it's going to be much slower than just hanging it in the room...

You are so neat!
Ha! then you don't want to see the rest of that room! (we call it"the junk room"for a reason :) )

Love the hanging buds, and that drying box needs a name and an ® symbol. Maybe GDB's marketing department can get on that!
Shed, you know my marketing department has been decimated.

I'll give it a go though:

"CarcassDryBoxACardboardBoxConfiguredForSomethingOtherThanGrowingWeed®".

I can see why you thought to hire them to begin with though.
I thought it was fairly descriptive, one of the primary goals of a product name. :straightface:

Not bad, GDB,but we'd have to shorten it up just a smidge.... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom