Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Now your 2018 AHa to me almost looks dwarfed or a bit runted.
Interesting fact...almost all of my autos looked were dwarfed or a bit runted, which is why I gave up growing them. From my viewpoint, autos like a nice stable environment to veg them for long, and outside doesn't give that to them. I've seen folks (Carcass' son for example) veg them inside and then put them in the sun once they flowered, with good results.

But changing temps and RH from day to night sends them into flower early and makes for small plants.
Who can give a smoke report from your grow back then?
Wait, let me dig through the archives...found it:

"It gets me high."

There ya go!

Good morning C Water :)

Just watching the morning news and I see California is flooding! Has anyone checked on Harry and Meghan?!

HAS ANYONE CHECKED ON HARRY AND MEGHAN?!!!!

Two little green dumplings look as cute as can be :)

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday, the weather got in my way...
I'm still not ready to start complaining about the rain, but I'm getting close...
Speaking of autos, I grew an AHa back in 2018.
Now that you mention it, I think I grew one in 2020- IIRC, it looked about like yours.. it was also grown outside...so I guess I've grown 8 autos..🤔
Have fun with the little one, and stay safe and dry. :love:
It was an adventure, picking her up at school- usually takes ten minutes, yesterday it was about an hour with the detours, flooding, and the pouring rain...
Stay safe my friend
Thanks, Nev!
Fortunately, my house is at the top of a hill, so flooding isn't a problem for us..
Who can give a smoke report from your grow back then?
My sons liked the AHa - I didn't ever smoke any of it, but they said it was "nice!"
Wait, let me dig through the archives...found it:

"It gets me high."
My sons don't get into much detail with their smoke reports either...it's either "meh", "good stuff", or "nice"!
you don’t smoke
Yes, but Shed has a team of smoke testers on hand...
Just watching the morning news and I see California is flooding! Has anyone checked on Harry and Meghan?!
I'm sure they're fine- If things get too bad, they could probably go hang out at Oprah's house...🙂🤿
two little green dumplings look as cute as can be :)

Thanks, T! Hopefully, they stop with the cute and get to growing pretty soon..

decided to throw a northern lights Auto in my seed tent under 24hr light just to join in on the fun :)
Cool! The more, the merrier..😁
Funny- the next seed in line (if these didn't go) was a Northern Lights photo..but I don't think I'm going to need it this time...
That's a great choice for your first auto, NL is generally pretty easy to grow..:goodluck:

Good morning C Water :)

HAS ANYONE CHECKED ON HARRY AND MEGHAN?!!!!

Two little green dumplings look as cute as can be :)
Dont think it floods in big ivory towers tra 😄. Hope your doing well.

Ha!-I hope I don't either...
the Granddaughters each took one home with them, so those 2 are gone forever...
But, the dollar store is just down the street..:cheesygrinsmiley: ....although, I'm not sure if a noodle will work with my rectangular SIP...
...come to think of it- I don't yet know if the rectangular SIP's going to work either...🤔

Ha!-I hope I don't either...
the Granddaughters each took one home with them, so those 2 are gone forever...
But, the dollar store is just down the street..:cheesygrinsmiley: ....although, I'm not sure if a noodle will work with my rectangular SIP...
...come to think of it- I don't yet know if the rectangular SIP's going to work either...🤔
How about binder clips around the edge of the container? Doesn't get you any extention beyond it but you'll probably not have much extra room in the box anyway.

How about binder clips around the edge of the container?
Thanks, Azi-
The bucket has a lip around the top edge, so I think I'll be able to just hook the wires under the lip-
But I may not actually need any extensions- The bucket I'm using is 10.5 inches wide and 14 inches long, so it's considerably wider than what I usually grow in (apx. 9"x9" round)

I also have a pkg. of 50 binder clips, so, if I go that route, I'm all set... 😁

Hope you’re high and dry!
Thanks for the thought, T.!

Right now it's sunny and 78f outside, but there's 2 more storms on the way that'll start
showing up tonight- they're not supposed to be as severe as what we had a few days ago-

About the worse thing that happened here was a large sinkhole that damaged 6 houses about half a mile from us...like I said before- my house is on top of a small hill, so flooding isn't a problem for us (unless the water gets over 25 feet deep:cheesygrinsmiley: )

I hope your still high and dry this Sunday morning.
Thanks, Nev! We're doing ok- still raining off and on, but it's not like the deluge we got in the last week(s)
I hope your Sunday is a good one. I heard that some folk are in for more rain in coming days.
Thank you, Carmen- After it rains all night tonight and all day tomorrow, we're
allegedly going to get a little break before the next storm moves in🙏

We seem to dodge the real bad stuff, though- 30 miles south of us, it rained 17" in 24 hours, but we only got 4" in that same time period...

Good Monday morning!

Before I do the plant stuff, I wanted to review a bit about the SIP I'm going to grow this one in..
The one I made is based on a video from @Azimuth 's very informative thread:

I started with 2- 15qt./14.2 liter mop buckets:
I chose these because they're a bit bigger than what I usually grow in, but not as big as a 5 gallon bucket.
so I split the difference @ 3.75 gallons
SIP 1.jpg

The bottom of one of the buckets got drilled full of 1/8 inch holes, and the fill tube and the Trader Joes Tzatziki dip container were hot glued into place- the dip container was also drilled full of 1/8 inch holes

SIP 2.JPG

The other bucket got the overflow tube installed at a level that will leave a half-inch air gap between the soil and the water when the res is filled. The res only holds 3/4 gallon, not a lot, but it is what it is...
SIP 3.JPG

Bottom view of the top bucket, with the necessaries installed....
that's the float (water level indicator) sticking out of the fill tube..

SIP 4.jpg

Now I put the buckets together, and end up with this:
(the swivel isn't required,but it makes the training easier)
SIP 5.jpg

So before I filled it with ProMix, I added a half inch of perlite to the bottom of the top bucket.
( I honestly don't know why, but the video said to do it...🤔 )
SIP-6.jpg

Next in is apx. 3.75 gallons of ProMix - fortified with 10 tsp. of Grow Dots, a couple tbsp. of @DYNOMYCO, and a cup of perlite. (it's one third full in the pic)
(sorry for the blurry pic, but hey- it's just dirt...:cheesygrinsmiley:)
SIP-7.jpg

The plant went into the sip on Saturday morning, so my journal update will be along in a little while...
(might be a few minutes, since the 3 year old granddaughter is here today)

I hope to see you then!💚

Back
Top Bottom