Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thank You, GDB..👍
It appears that it no longer matters which one get schlepped!
It really doesn't, but I was hoping to schlep the 12lb one...instead of the 23lb one...:)💪

Omg! You gonna make these two little freaks sing I just know it!
I'll sure try, T!
Their bad starts had me wondering, but I guess they were just messing with me...🤪

They were just keeping you on your toes that’s all.
Ha! They're still keeping me on my toes...sooo many branches- I need to adjust the hooks twice a day- I haven't had to do that before...darn SIPs! :)
they sure seem to be finding their groove :slide:
Thanks, HH!
And #2 is grooving her way out of the box, and into the great outdoors...- she's not that big, but her roommate is going to need the space..

Not that you asked, but how bout a little peek at them?

Here's the "space hog"
W1 6-30-23.jpg

And the soon-to-be outdoor lady..She's got so many branches that I had to make up more hooks*...
She's also got quite a few 3 fingered leaves (like most Wookiees) oddly, the other one has all 5 fingered leaves...
W2 6-30-23.jpg

So, the one in the big (blue) SIP is going outside real soon...she's flowering, the other one not so much yet, so she may end up fairly large...
Ws 6-30-23.jpg

*And speaking of making more hooks....It occurred to me that trying to fit the existing hooks between the stem and the leaf petiole sometimes would damage the stem, so I just turned the hook over, now the coil of wire can't hurt anything..it's not a big deal, but I'd rather not do any damage if I can help it....
Improved hooks.jpg

That's all I've got today, thanks for looking...:love:
And have a wonderful weekend!

They look like they're going to put on quite a show Carcass!

Lift with your legs (or should I say your good leg)! :laugh:

Thanks, Shed!
single schlep on the schedule,
At 32lbs, it's only difficult to move it in and out of the box, because I have to do the "fork lift" thing to get it out and back in- won't be too bad to schlep it 5 or 6 feet a day, since I can lift it normally (without the full arm extension) 💪

They look like they're going to put on quite a show Carcass!
Thanks, GDB - I'm still having trouble believing that they're finally doing what they're supposed to do...
I figured I was probably screwed because of their less than ideal beginnings...and they're autos, so there's the time thing too.
But none of that's mattered , at least not yet..🤔

Ok, that's done- #2 Wookiee auto is an outside plant from here on- I made a little window screen tent to keep over her till she gets used to real sun- it's hot today! (80f)
I'll probably leave her covered most of tomorrow too...she's 31 days old..
W2 outside for good 6-30-23.jpg

And, if this one had a face, she'd be smiling...alone at last...she's 41 days old- kinda little, but she's catching up pretty fast..
W#1 alone at last....jpg

That's all for now, Thanks for looking!

Ok, that's done- #2 Wookiee auto is an outside plant from here on- I made a little window screen tent to keep over her till she gets used to real sun- it's hot today! (80f)
I'll probably leave her covered most of tomorrow too...she's 31 days old..
W2 outside for good 6-30-23.jpg

And, if this one had a face, she'd be smiling...alone at last...she's 41 days old- kinda little, but she's catching up pretty fast..
W#1 alone at last....jpg

That's all for now, Thanks for looking!
Good idea to let her get used to the sun and temperature.

I learned well on the first plant I ever grew- moved it outside after being under a 100w incandescent bulb (hey, I was 19 !) and within an hour, all 8 leaves had turned white and died, as did the whole plant a little while later...
3 feet tall, with 8 leaves...those were the days... 🤪
I'm better at it now...

Happy 3rd of July!
It's time for an Update on these 2 Wookiee autos...

First up is the 45 day old W#1- she's been in her SIP for 19 days, the Grow Dots are keeping her nice and healthy so far. I may end up having to flip this one to 12/12 to get her to flower, because she's not doing it on her own yet...
Her roommate got moved outside on Friday, so she's on her own in there now..
18" wide is when I start letting her grow "up", and she's at about 17" wide right now x 5.5 inches tall..

W1-1.jpg

She had a rough childhood, so she's a bit small for her age, but she'll catch up eventually..
W1-2.jpg

There's a couple of pistils there, but not enough to say she's flowering...No biggie if I end up having to flip her, that's what I'm used to doing anyway...
W1-3.jpg

A different angle- you can see my hokey tie down thing on the pot- I just drove some screws into the pot (above the reservoir:oops:) and then ran a wire around the pot to hook the tiedowns to...
W1-4.jpg

And now on to the 35 day old W#2 ...she really doesn't look like much yet, but I think she's going to end up doing pretty well - she's had full sun all day, every day since I moved her out there on Friday..
She sits inside on the washing machine at night, which is only about 10 feet from where she spends the day, so it's a real short schlep..
W2-5.jpg

She doesn't really have a "good side"- she just looks kinda funky from any angle...
She's also been in the SIP/Grow Dots for 19 days...she's 7 inches tall x 15" wide
Both of these girls are drinking half a gallon a day each...
The reflective material around the pot is there to keep the pot cool- that dark blue plastic gets really hot without it, and we don't want to cook those roots...
W2-6.jpg

A SaugaView®: (maybe this is her "good side"?)
W2-7.jpg

I'm not sure how much more training she'll get- I may just leave those hooks on her, and let her do her thing from here on..
W2-8.jpg

She's starting to get serious about flowering now, so soon, I'll start adding a pK booster- I used Purpinator on the last ones (0-2-4) but this time I'm going to try some @Plagron "Green Sensation"
(0-8-9) that I won in the PhOTY contest in January...Obviously, I'll use a lot less than the 15ml/gal. that I used for the Purpinator- Plagron says 4ml/gallon, but I'll start at 2 ml , and work my way up to 4ml, if necessary...
W2-9.jpg

And that's it for now for those 2-
Thank You for looking..
I appreciate your support... :love:
Have a great 4th of July!

And now, the quotes-
I'm better at it now...
Thanks, Shed!...I wish I'd of gotten a pic of that first one- it was quite pathetic...although, I don't think I even owned a camera 50 years ago...😁
I’m loving the new and improved Carhook.
Thanks T! - It's a simple thing, not sure why it took me 3 years to figure out... 🤪
After two years of fine tuning I’ve really mastered your creation.
Yes you have! 👍
Hey, it took me a few years to get things dialed in too...

Nice plants!
I may end up having to flip this one to 12/12 to get her to flower, because she's not doing it on her own yet...
What is it with your non-auto autos? :)
you can see my hokey tie down thing on the pot- I just drove some screws into the pot (above the reservoir:oops:) and then ran a wire around the pot to hook the tiedowns
Not quite as much fun as a pool noodle but it gets the job done I guess!
she really doesn't look like much yet,
Aww it looks pretty nice to me.
but I think she's going to end up doing pretty well
Agree with you there!

Happy July 3rd. 🎆

What is it with your non-auto autos?
Just my luck, I guess- the breeder says so far this is the first fauxto from that batch of seeds...
Not quite as much fun as a pool noodle but it gets the job done I guess!
A noodle would add a little pop of color in there too... 🤪
Aww it looks pretty nice to me.
Thanks, Shed..she started out pretty ugly, but she is slowly looking better as she ages...

Thank You, Boo!- I really didn't like the way they started, but they seem to be doing
what they're supposed to now, finally... :)
Congrats on the new 👶 boy!:love:
Yeah, it'll be odd having a little boy running around here after 7 years of little girls.👧

Lydian's b-day is April fools day,
Nova's b-day is Valentines day
and this one is scheduled to arrive on Halloween👶
Makes it easier to remember their birthdays, that's for sure...😁

I learned well on the first plant I ever grew- moved it outside after being under a 100w incandescent bulb (hey, I was 19 !) and within an hour, all 8 leaves had turned white and died, as did the whole plant a little while later...
3 feet tall, with 8 leaves...those were the days... 🤪
Heh. The first two plants I ever grew - 1987 I think - did just OK considering the lack of nutrients. I read an article in High Times that said to harvest when almost all pistils were red and very few were still white. So I did. Hung the whole plant in the garage for a few days to dry but I definitely did not cure it properly. It was bad. I gave most of it to my room mate.
I'm better at it now...
Absolutely!

Back
Top Bottom