Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Good morning C GPapa!

I actually woke up thinking about you! I feel it’s been eons since we caught up! Hope you’re living your best life and congrats on the continual procreation of Good name! Look I’m hoping procreation is a fancy way of saying breeding, if it’s not swap it with breeding.

Love ya guts ❤️

Congrats on the 3rd grand!

One kiee starting to flower on day 15 and the other holding steady on day 24! Friggin' autos! :rolleyes:

Might be best not to move the pig to the other pot.

One kiee starting to flower on day 15 and the other holding steady on day 24!
I agree- friggin autos!
Congrats on the 3rd grand!
Thanks, GDB! I've got a houseful of little girls toys, need to get some boy stuff... ❤️
Might be best not to move the pig to the other pot.
Funny you should mention that- yesterday, lil Nova stole that pig (and away she run:cheesygrinsmiley:)
She gave it to Grandma, so it didn't go far.
Mrs. C. asked me where Nova got it, I said it was my grow mascot...and I'm sure you can imagine the eye-roll I got with that statement...:rolleyes:

Thanks, GB- They're finally looking "normal"- only took 3 or 4 nodes to get there...

Thank you, Deeve- Very true- and it would actually get a bit boring if there wasn't a glitch or 2 every so often..I get worried with autos, I always feel like they're on a deadline...

Thanks, Pondwater! Only the 2 leaves got curly, so not a biggie...

True, GDB- and sometimes, we learn what not to do...although, I'm going to try the wick watering thing one more time with a photo or 2 before I declare it a failure.

It sure is! I've taken that ride quite a few times since I got into the Blueberry Hill- tbh, I forgot all about it till I found it in the bottom box in the closet (there's 3 boxes of weed in there)

Thanks, Shed- 27 days in, I think they're finally acting normal...just in time for flowering...they're still pretty small, though....

it's funny- sprouting them was the easy part this time.🌱

I didn't give up on them, so we'll see what the next 3 months does ...

How about "till the morbidly obese female human sings?"

Is "female" still ok to say?🤔

===================================================================================
And, how about a couple pics ?

Both Wookiees went into their SIP's on Tuesday....smooth transplants, no droop or anything..and I managed to save that one 4" root growing out the bottom of the solo cup...
1.jpg

The little, older one (left) was topped on Tuesday (got rid of the funky stuff), and the younger one (right) was topped yesterday morning...I also noticed it's starting to flower @15 days old...🤔...
2.jpg

Oddly, the little 27 day old one is not flowering yet, so that's one thing that's gone
right with these 2 autos...Her training will start soon, the top 2 branches are about an inch long, so it's time to start messing with them...:)
3.jpg

So there they are- I have no idea what they're going to do from here on in..but
if they decide to do well, they're both in the right place to do it...

In other news- a short while after these are done, my daughter tells me that I'll be a grandpa for the third time- it's a boy!👶

Thanks for looking..❤️
And have a great rest of the week!
Congratulations 🎊

Mrs. C. asked me where Nova got it, I said it was my grow mascot...and I'm sure you can imagine the eye-roll I got with that statement...:rolleyes:
Laughed pretty hard at this.....for I swim in the same deep waters, it was a hearty chuckle empathising completely.

Its not unknown to be accused of loving my girls more than Mrs DV8, given voice by.....Mrs DV8.

Can get a bit icy when the tents get a solid washdown and regular vacuum and the house still shows sign of cat fur.....the face that greets me 🤨

Congratulations on number 3 mate, and a boy to boot!

If he comes out with green thumbs tell the midwife not to panic, just tell her its a Carcass family genetic expression on show.

Congratulations 🎊
Thanks stardawg17!
Another bundle of joy on the way!
WooHoo Carcass! Great news!
Thanks, Stone! We'll soon hear the pitter patter of even more little feet around here...🦶
Its not unknown to be accused of loving my girls more than Mrs DV8,
Ha! there's only one correct response....and "maybe, but in a different way" isn't it... :cheesygrinsmiley:
Congratulations on number 3 mate, and a boy to boot!
Thanks, Deeve- I figured it'd be another girl, so he's a nice surprise:love:

Happy Juneteenth Monday, folks!
Time for an Update on the 2 little Wookiee autos...

Here they were a week ago- healthy enough(?), but not growing like they should...(#2 left,#1,right)
Wx2.jpg

And, this morning- it's like they both woke up on Wednesday, when they went into their SIPs, and they've been growing pretty normal ever since... still waayy too small for their ages -#1,on the left, 31 days old, #2, 21 days old...

They were both bottom watered in their cups, so they just took right off when they went in the SIPs, no "break-in" required...
W1.jpg

This one is really getting with it...better late than never...still not flowering, so that's a real good thing..She was topped on Tuesday, to get rid of that clump of funky growth at the top...
she's 4"/10cm tall.
W2.jpg

And, the youngster- 21 days old, and finally doing pretty well..this one's 5"/13cm tall
W3.jpg

It still remains to be seen which one gets to stay in the box, and which one will end up outside-I'll keep both of them in there as long as they'll both fit...hopefully, the one in the bigger SIP will stay in the box, but it's not clear yet if that's how this is gonna go..the "little" one is catching up fast...

Autos aren't known to do well if they get off to a shitty start, (as these both did) so I'll be surprised if they end up doing ok...but, at the moment, they're both doing well, they're just about ten days behind where they should be...⏰

W4.jpg

W#2 will be flowering soon, but not as soon as I thought last week, so that's another good thing...
This pic was taken yesterday, she looks pretty much the same this morning, she's just a bit bigger.

W7.jpg

They've both been on a 20/4 light schedule since day 1 in the SIPs, @130 watts/27k lux at the canopy..
(they were on 24/0@100 watts till Wednesday)
W10.jpg

And there you have it!

If you're surprised that they're finally doing ok... then that makes 2 of us..:)

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate the support..:love:
Have a great week!

I'm not surprised that they're thriving!

I'd put that big SIP outside now.

And you didn't ask me.

Not only that, but I know squat about growing outdoors (except what I read on 420).

So, you're welcome! :p

I'd put that big SIP outside now.

And you didn't ask me.
Yeah, I think I put them in the wrong SIPs..it seems like the little one is going to be the big one in a few more days...I should've asked you.... :) oh well, at least they're both finally growing...
Not only that, but I know squat about growing outdoors (except what I read on 420).
It's about like growing indoors, except for the weather and the bugs....and you sure can't beat the sun as a grow light!

:thanks: for finally proving that plants in black buckets grow faster than plants in blue buckets
I got rid of the collander, and modified the black SIP to match the way you did yours- so that's probably why that one's growing faster...I should have known...:high-five:
LKA's mutant turned into a swan with all the zeshing going on in his tent.

I'll be thankful to end up with a couple of ducks...:cheesygrinsmiley:🦆🦆

That (less than 1/2 gallon) and, when I made that one, I didn't run the overflow pipe into the dome, so it plugged up occasionally- so that came out, and the bottom 1/3 of a 2 gallon pot replaced it, and I ran the overflow into the dome (which was drilled full of holes)
It worked ok the other way, but I figured I'd make it right while it was empty.

An 'upgrade.' Love it. ❤
I did hang onto the collander "just in case"... ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Made me some kief pucks a little while ago- I don't have a pollen press, so I used a childrens Tylenol syringe with the end cut off to press the kief ...the pucks are small, apx. .25g each, but they'll work for me...just hold the open end against the table, pour in the keif, stick the plunger back in, and press away...
Kief press.jpg

I'm sure this is nothing new, but it is to me...

I did hang onto the collander "just in case"... ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Made me some kief pucks a little while ago- I don't have a pollen press, so I used a childrens Tylenol syringe with the end cut off to press the kief ...the pucks are small, apx. .25g each, but they'll work for me...just hold the open end against the table, pour in the keif, stick the plunger back in, and press away...
Kief press.jpg

I'm sure this is nothing new, but it is to me...
Good morning C puck!

What are they?

What are they?
Good Question, T!
When you grind your weed, your grinder may have a kief catcher (a fine screen in the bottom part of the grinder) that sifts out all the trichomes that break off during the grinding process, you'll end up with a bunch of tan/light brown powder in the bottom of the grinder- that's kief, and it's like 60-70% thc.

It will add quite a "kick" if you roll some of it into a joint, or sprinkle a goodly portion into a bowl .
It's a little sticky, so it holds it's shape when pressed, then you just shave some off the puck to "supercharge" your smoke...

The kief itself is real easy to make a mess with, pressing it makes it easier to handle..
I got a new grinder (with a kief catcher) awhile back- the one I used before didn't have one, so the kief just gets smoked with the ground up weed, and you may not even notice it...

Add a healthy pinch of it to a joint, and I guarantee, you'll notice it...:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom