Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I am completely with you and likewise concerned. My options for even having some moms is quite limited and appear to need to be in my chosen space or not al all. This space is accessed with a short ladder. My disability is a vary random yet frequent vertigo that causes injurious falls- a lot. In my 40s but fall like great great grandad shed. On days I’m not at my best (literally half the time) I’m not safe going up the ladder. So I need the plants to not require daily attention if possible. I will if I can, but reality interferes frustratingly often. I know I will need to rein them. Am considering a tall SIP wicking foot, in a 4” perf pipe full of gravel, sand, experimenting with media and wick size as wick size has highest impact on moisture gradient in SIPs. Maybe lighting restricted… At any rate, your notice is gratifying, means maybe you can be helpful with this problem.

Also restricted by my lighting, no cash for others. It’s a 360 degree ‘corn cob’ shopLED of 100k lumen, about kelvin 5500 looks like. Arranged 360 degrees around the light, six plants fed with a kiddy pool they sit in atop their wicking feet. Pool panda Polly’s for evap.

Yes, I have similar concerns. Thought maybe chop an inch of bottom of root ball every few months…. dunno…
Excellent reasons to go with a system that needs watering less frequently! I have no expertise on SIP systems or even a complete understanding, even after reading the discussion on Bud's new thread!

Creating a balance between fewer trips up the ladder and slow growth on the mother plant, safety is definitely the primary concern.
:green_heart:

@Carcass Hey everyone glad to see y'all, Sup carcass, congrats on everything you've accomplished since I was last around. After catching up on all the stuff I missed I think that shed ideal is on point. How 'bout making it just a little bit bigger so you'll have room for 3 growing boxes and a drying box. Add one of those washer tubs for running water from your outdoor water line, connect a drain line to water your outdoor plants from the waste water. A/C, flat screen tv, easy chair and maybe speakers when you just want to spend some time with your girls.

@ReservoirDog Is there a way you could install a babycam up in that loft to be able to check in on your girls from your main living area and... would it be feasible to look into ways to make your watering more mechanical (like adding something like a irrigation line?). That way you can further limit the number of times you have to tackle that ladder but still be able to tend to your babies. Your health comes first, can't tend to the babies if you're laid up.

But big C I'm glad to be back missed you guys.

Hiya raziel, very nice to meet you. Thank you for your concern and coming to assist. Yes on the cam, I have an otherwise unused Samsung s8plus, I think, that I have setup for such action but never use because both tents are feet from my main living area. So that'll help a lot. Anyone else thinking of this, I use the app 'Alfred', which turns an unused phone into a baby monitor essentially. It's OK, only 1020rez w/o subscript. If anyone finds something better, app-wise, let me, us, know!

But big C I'm glad to be back missed you guys.
Good to see you, raziel!
I was hoping you weren't gone for good...😃
When you don't see folks for awhile, you never know ..Same stuff's been going on around here, just growing a little bit o'weed...

I'm trying to find and bookmark all, of the so far, 9 lessons, but there are a lot of pages in this journal. Any route maps on offer?

Good morning, RD. You can find all 9 steps of Carcass' Canopy Training here.

And now it's time for a little Update on the 23 day old GSC (and the others, but things have changed with the autos)

First, the GSC was topped 6 days ago, up-potted to a 5 gallon pot on Saturday, and today the branches are finally long enough to tie down.

Here she is before any training - as I said before, she is a very healthy little plant- seems real happy with 3g/gallon of mc..

Do you uppot from a Solo cup to your final pot? I didn't see anything in your journal about uppotting from a Solo to a 1-gallon to a 3 or 5 gallon pot.

I'm planning on trying your Carstick training on one of my Blueberry plants, which will take place later this week.

You can find all 9 steps of Carcass' Canopy Training here.
Thanks so much for doing that, HashGirl! :love:
Do you uppot from a Solo cup to your final pot?
Yes I do- I know it's not the recommended way to go about it, but it seems to work fine for me.
After transplant, I water with half a gallon, then no more water for ten days or so.
I'm planning on trying your Carstick training on one of my Blueberry plants, which will take place later this week
Great! just tag me if you have any questions at all!

:popcorn: it’sMonday…..:kiss:
:circle-of-love:
What Boo said! :nomo:
I'm gettin' there...:)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally, it's (late again) time for an Update on the little @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles..

She's 37 days old now, 5" tall, and growing like a weed...

This is her this morning, before I did any adjustments...
2-Zkittles.jpg

And after adjustments- she's a little wider now...
3-Zkittles.jpg

She really seems to like the Grow Dots...besides the Grow Dots already in the soil, she gets .5 gallon of water, and 1.25g Real Growers Recharge every 4 or 5 days. Nothing else, not yet, anyway...
4-Zkittles.jpg

It's been hot all week (for here) the temps in the box have been 89-90 all week. She doesn't seem to mind...good thing, because I can't do anything about it...:oops:
5-Zkittles.jpg

I almost forgot the SaugaView®...
C4 Zkittles.jpg

"The Box" in it's new location in the garage- everything's about the same, except the temps are higher(and lower) in there...It's ugly as sin, but It does the job pretty well....

Lots of changes going on right now in the Carcass house- I'll be able to spend more time on here once things get squared away around here.....
You know, a person doesn't realize how much useless junk they have...until they have to move it...the landfill will be a little fuller before I'm done...
Ugly a.f..jpg

And that's about all there is today...there'll be more to talk about when she gets a little bigger...

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support:love:
I hope everyone has a great week!
See you next time!

Thanks so much for doing that, HashGirl! :love:

Yes I do- I know it's not the recommended way to go about it, but it seems to work fine for me.
After transplant, I water with half a gallon, then no more water for ten days or so.

Great! just tag me if you have any questions at all!

:circle-of-love:

I'm gettin' there...:)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally, it's (late again) time for an Update on the little @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles..

She's 37 days old now, 5" tall, and growing like a weed...

This is her this morning, before I did any adjustments...
2-Zkittles.jpg

And after adjustments- she's a little wider now...
3-Zkittles.jpg

She really seems to like the Grow Dots...besides the Grow Dots already in the soil, she gets .5 gallon of water, and 1.25g Real Growers Recharge every 4 or 5 days. Nothing else, not yet, anyway...
4-Zkittles.jpg

It's been hot all week (for here) the temps in the box have been 89-90 all week. She doesn't seem to mind...good thing, because I can't do anything about it...:oops:
5-Zkittles.jpg

I almost forgot the SaugaView®...
C4 Zkittles.jpg

"The Box" in it's new location in the garage- everything's about the same, except the temps are higher(and lower) in there...It's ugly as sin, but It does the job pretty well....

Lots of changes going on right now in the Carcass house- I'll be able to spend more time on here once things get squared away around here.....
You know, a person doesn't realize how much useless junk they have...until they have to move it...the landfill will be a little fuller before I'm done...
Ugly a.f..jpg

And that's about all there is today...there'll be more to talk about when she gets a little bigger...

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support:love:
I hope everyone has a great week!
See you next time!

Home Depot should sponsor you! Ha!

NTH

Interesting fact that I don't think I've seen you post before! All part of the C-man Cystem. :)
She's 37 days old now, 5" tall, and growing like a weed...This is her this morning, before I did any adjustments
Another beauty in a box!
Are you concerned about the veg time constraints on the Dots?
"The Box" in it's new location in the garage
It looks perfectly at home in there, and I love the quiver of sticks taped to the bottom corner with the height flag tucked in there as well. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:goodluck:

Home Depot should sponsor you! Ha!
They'd get off cheap-a mere $18.00 for the box!

Interesting fact that I don't think I've seen you post before!
I never mentioned it before, since it's sort of the wrong way to do it, according to some schools of thought...
But for me, it's fast, easy, and it works...If I ever screw up a plant by doing it that way, I'll try something different, but that hasn't happened yet....
It looks perfectly at home in there,
Yeah, I think it'll do fine in there- not really too much difference between there and the pot room.
Although, the granddaughters didn't have access to the plant in the pot room, and now they do.
the 6 year old is fine, but the 3 year old likes to "pick stuff"- we'll get it figured out....
Are you concerned about the veg time constraints on the Dots?
I'm keeping that in mind- at the first sign of yellowing leaves, I'll do something.
Not sure what yet, but I'll do something... :oops:

The plant looks nice Carcass!

However, this is one of the coolest pics I've ever seen. Why do I love it? I don't know, but I do!
1663042116546.png

Although, the granddaughters didn't have access to the plant in the pot room, and now they do.
the 6 year old is fine, but the 3 year old likes to "pick stuff"- we'll get it figured out....
Train the 3-year old what to pick! :)

...wait.....what?:thedoubletake:...

Thank you, GDB!:green_heart:
Tbh, I kinda dig it too...:p

Nova (I said 3, but she's 2 and a half) was here this afternoon, we came to an agreement that she'll " look but not touch" ....so we'll see how  that goes..

Congrats on the successful relocation of your Narnia wardrobe. :cool:
I'm getting pretty interested in those Grow Dots. They seem super simple, which would be ideal for my son's grows. He's currently using GeoFlora (2 seasons now), but honestly the results are mediocre at best. I might have him give the Grow Dots a try next season.

Hey Carcass. :ciao:

Scotty Real seems to be the official spokesperson for Grow Dots. He has a newsletter and I thought you might be interested in one of his recent posts:

So, I'm a little blown away by this. But let me know what you think.

I'm always experimenting in my grow room, trying to perfect the way I grow. Lately, I've been experimenting with Grow Dots and how much to use in my buckets.

Here's where I'm confused.

I've been growing some of my plants with 5 grams of Dots per gallon of soil. And right next to those, I have other plants growing with almost 15 per gallon of soil.

The low dose seems to be growing fine, if not a little light. But the high dose (more than triple) doesn't seem to be burning my plants at all.

If you've used the Grow Dots, can you tell me how much you used per gallon, and if you felt like it was heavy or light?

I don't want to recommend more than people need, but I'm loading up on them, getting beautiful plants, and not getting any burn.

There doesn't seem to be need to be too concerned with using too many dots!

I agree GDB! That's some box
Thanks Stone! The uglier it gets, the better it seems to work..🤪
that is such a cool pic. It gave me a real thrill to see it like that..
Thank you so much, Carmen- Something like that might work for you.!..(something not quite so ugly, though... :cheesygrinsmiley: )
Congrats on the successful relocation of your Narnia wardrobe. :cool:
Thanks, Beez- moving the box was the easy part...all the other " grow stuff" was kind of a pain... I've got waaay more stuff than anyone needs...:oops:
I'm getting pretty interested in those Grow Dots
They're working well so far, but there may be a little hiccup when the veg nutes run out- @Grand Daddy Black has used them, and had a little problem with that happening...

There doesn't seem to be need to be too concerned with using too many dots!
Thanks for that info, GDB! I was wondering if maybe I could just add more dots if a problem develops, and it looks like maybe I can!

Back
Top Bottom