Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

They are time release though (I think). Wonder how adding extra works either at the beginning or later on. :hmmmm:
They are time released Azi. However, I don't see how that would present a problem if you merely started out with more Dots than recommended. I think adding more during the grow might not work as one intended.

They are time released Azi. However, I don't see how that would present a problem if you merely started out with more Dots than recommended. I think adding more during the grow might not work as one intended.
That's some super interesting feed! It's acting like it's an organic mix when you talk about how it can be overfed with no negative outcome. Geoflora can be overfed as well because it's all organic and they'll have it or not as they please using microbes as waitstaff. Nature's a beautiful thing. So do they claim organic?

That's some super interesting feed! It's acting like it's an organic mix when you talk about how it can be overfed with no negative outcome. Geoflora can be overfed as well because it's all organic and they'll have it or not as they please using microbes as waitstaff. Nature's a beautiful thing. So do they claim organic?
They do not claim to be organic.

They are time release though (I think). Wonder how adding extra works either at the beginning or later on.
Even though this is the first time I've used them, I have a theory....
I think adding more during the grow might not work as one intended.
What I was thinking- is that, since the nutes are time release, adding some dots later on in the grow may
Just use the N,
since it's released first, and will probably be what the plant is asking for..

and, if using more than recommended doesn't hurt anything, if some of the Potassium and phosphorous are released into the soil at the same time, it should have no ill effects...seems that way to me, anyway...
I also have Magnesium Nitrate, which is planned if I end up NOT adding more Dots..

And there's always the slim chance that I won't have to add anything else all the way to the end...😋

So do they claim organic?
Hmmmm...
They do not claim to be organic.
Thanks for stepping up, GDB! I don't know where my Dots are right now, so I couldn't consult the bag...
I have a present for you to stick on that box. I’m going to send it when our grow finishes.
Cool! Wait......this isn't some secret plan to try and pretty it up, is it? 🤔:hmmmm:

I appreciate that, T! I'll dig it, whatever it is.. :love:

Another Monday! and a rainy one at that!

Time for a little Update on the little @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles...

The SaugaView®: (this pic makes her look real wide, she's actually only 12")
1A Zkittles.jpg

She's 44 days old, been in the Grow Dots for 21 days. She's 5.5" tall...
2 Zkittles.jpg

The Grow Dots are doing a great job so far-Thanks again to @Grand Daddy Black for trying them first...
She needs water every 3 days, (1/2 gallon) which also includes 3ml. of silica, and 1.25g. of Real Growers Recharge.
Watering to runoff is not recommended with the Dots, so I don't do it.
3 Zkittles.jpg

Just one of her happy little main branches...
9 Zkittles.jpg

She's 27" from the light @ 120 watts (and loving it)
6 Zkittles.jpg

I have about ten more days before the Dots will run out of nitrogen, so, I either need to flip her now, or plan on supplementing the Dots...I'll be supplementing, because I'm not planning on flipping till about day 60...

One more thing that I thought was interesting- My youngest son moved back in for awhile, and he brought his motorized skateboards with him...
the top one is for off road, the bottom one is for the street. The jar of weed is to keep them on topic...:)
Anyhow- They're pretty cool- I'd like to try one, but I'd probably bust a hip or something...😬
Skateboard with weed.jpg

And that's about all there is today!
Thank You for looking, I really appreciate the support :love:
Have a great week, see you next time!

Amazing illusion on another stunning plant! Now I wonder if any of your plants are real. :hmmmm:
I have about ten more days before the Dots will run out of nitrogen, so, I either need to flip her now, or plan on supplementing the Dots...I'll be supplementing, because I'm not planning on flipping till about day 60...
Going to go the MC route or some other supplement? Another thing to keep in mind is that after the nitrogen release starts to slow down the P and K start to increase, so that's something to watch out for both in late veg and late flower (when those two run out as well).
The jar of weed is to keep them on topic
:laugh:
They're pretty cool- I'd like to try one, but I'd probably bust a hip or something
Stay off the skateboards as we need you here gardening. :green_heart:

1A Zkittles.jpg

2 Zkittles.jpg

The Grow Dots are doing a great job so far-Thanks again to @Grand Daddy Black for trying them first...
She needs water every 3 days, (1/2 gallon) which also includes 3ml. of silica, and 1.25g. of Real Growers Recharge.
3 Zkittles.jpg

9 Zkittles.jpg

6 Zkittles.jpg

One more thing that I thought was interesting- My youngest son moved back in for awhile, and he brought his motorized skateboards with him...
the top one is for off road, the bottom one is for the street. The jar of weed is to keep them on topic...:)
Anyhow- They're pretty cool- I'd like to try one, but I'd probably bust a hip or something...😬
Skateboard with weed.jpg

Beautiful as always C Dog. Is that yellow crate a new elevation device?

NTH

She looks good C!

Can't wait to see how you go about vegging her for 60 days.
You may have to make a trip to the hydro store!

Amazing illusion on another stunning plant!
Thanks, Shed- Isn't that weird? she looks like she's touching the walls...
Going to go the MC route or some other supplement?
Well, I've got 4 options- 1.) MC 2.) more Dots 3.) Magnesium nitrate 4.) 32-2-8 Turf Builder.
Not sure yet which way I'll go, I'm sort of leaning toward more dots, but there's the p&K thing...:hmmmm:
Stay off the skateboards as we need you here gardening.
Ten years ago, I'd of tried them...now, not so much...
Beautiful as always C Dog. Is that yellow crate a new elevation device?
Thanks, NTH! My son put the yellow crate in the recycle, but I rescued it ...kinda brightens up the place, no?
And,,,, I’d stay as far away as I could from those skateboards. Ha!
Ha! I've never been in the hospital, don't want to start now!
Can't wait to see how you go about vegging her for 60 days.
Yes, it's going to be interesting...hopefully, I don't supplement her to death... 😬
You may have to make a trip to the hydro store!

Ha! I don't think this podunk town even has a hydro store....:hmmmm:

1A Zkittles.jpg

2 Zkittles.jpg

3 Zkittles.jpg

9 Zkittles.jpg

6 Zkittles.jpg

Skateboard with weed.jpg

Green and beautiful! I think you’re right about the dots adding nitrogen when added as a top dress later on. The nitrogen only lasts about 4-5 weeks. I’ve grown 20 or so plants with the dots and they do fade. I might start adding a little extra.

Thanks, Dee Boy!
. I might start adding a little extra.
Do you think I should do it now (day 21) or wait till I see a little yellowing?

Thanks, Dee Boy!

Maybe another week and then top dress. What size pot is that?

Cool! I'll give her apx. another week. Thank You, DeeBoy
It's a 3 gallon/Promix HP

Well, I've got 4 options- 1.) MC 2.) more Dots 3.) Magnesium nitrate 4.) 32-2-8 Turf Builder.
Not sure yet which way I'll go, I'm sort of leaning toward more dots, but there's the p&K thing...:hmmmm:
My concern about adding Dots is that while it will increase the N, the P&K will also start being released due to the passage of time. I'm not the one to say what effect that the N and the increasing PK will have on the plant but it makes me pause. And everything fades after 90 or so days. So will the added Dots (assuming you don't add as many as you started with) contain enough P&K to take her all the way to the finish?

Remember Deeboy is only growing autos!

Thanks, GDB! I've been thinking about that..
I found something on the Grow dots website (which I can't find today) It basically stated that if you DO add more dots, there will be very little p&K released for the first 3 weeks.
Good to know, I guess- but it doesn't answer the p&K question....
I'll probably go with another N source, so there's no problem with excess p&K...
Remember Deeboy is only growing autos!
Thanks , I should have known that, but I didn't.

Great looking Zkittlez so far! :thumb: Thanks for all the info on the Grow Dots. Have you considered top dressing with worm castings? I believe they are a nitrogen source without P and K.

Back
Top Bottom