HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

Oops, I forgot about the Magnums. They were harvested on August 17 and trimmed on September 1. I removed a lot of bud rot and when I trimmed, I mixed both plants together for a total yield of 54 grams.

Here are the results and the pics:

Magnum 1
Days in Veg - 31
Days in Flower - 82
Final Yield - 27g

Magnum 2
Days in Veg - 36
Days in Flower - 77
Final Yield - 27g

Aug 18 - Hanging Magnums.jpg

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8959.jpeg

In my original plan for this grow, I had intended on growing 2 Strawberry Banana with the 2 Blueberry but according to a few of my terpene analysis websites, the dominant terpene is Limonene and I haven't had much luck with strains high in limonene. I had to give away all of my Gelato because it didn't get me high and with 27% THC according to Herbie's, you'd think it would.

Additionally, when growing a strain that is new to me, I will only plant 1 seed until it's determined whether the strain works for me or not. No sense growing something I can't use.

So, I'm growing the Northern Soul and the Chronic x Northern Lights with the Blueberry instead.

When those 4 are 1 month old, I will be putting the following seeds into water:
RASPBERRY COUGH (1 seed)

Major Terpenes:Myrcene, Caryophyllene, Linalool
Genotype:Photoperiod
Phenotype:Hybrid (Sativa-Dominant)
Breeder:Nirvana Seeds
Genetics:Cambodian (Kampuchean) Landrace x Ice
Projected Flowering Time:63 to 77 days
Projected Yield325-375g / sq metre
THC %:21
CBD %:<1

Raspberry Cough is a highly recommended medical marijuana strain. Its ancestry is a Cambodian (Kampuchean) landrace cannabis strain with exceptionally high levels of THC production for a mother and its father was Nirvana's very own strain Ice.

Raspberry Cough is an F1 marijuana strain which is typified by a plethora of red hairs in its buds. It is a tall plant that tends to display blue colourations as it nears maturity especially if the temperature dips during the hours of darkness. This is a reasonably easy to grow, predominantly sativa plant which, due to its lanky structure, fits in perfectly with a Sea of Green growing set-up, a technique which will deliver the highest returns indoors. Flowering takes between 9 - 11 weeks yielding 400 - 500 gr/m2. Outdoors, it is only really suitable for warm climates such as a Mediterranean type.

Growers can expect to harvest large colas of quite dense buds which, although identifiable as having a "Dutch" flavour encompassing earthy berry and pine it nevertheless has notes of Asian spices. The overall effect is calming and soothing yet with a happy feeling that is uplifting and energetic.

Raspberry Cough is a recommended medical strain which has applications for the treatment of depression, pain, and headaches.

If you would like to grow your own Raspberry Cough, you’re in luck, because it is quite easy to grow and is a great strain for cannabis novices. It can grow to be quite tall – up to around ten feet to be more precise – so keep that in mind if you need to be discreet when you are growing as it can be seen from pretty far away.

If you are going to be growing indoors, it may take around 11 weeks before you start seeing flowers. It can be estimated to produce around 14 to 18 oz of bud per square meter, so it’s a pretty good yield on average. Raspberry Cough grows best in soil or in a hydroponic setup as well. Once you start seeing purplish undertones in the plant, you’ll know that it is mature. If you’re going to be growing outdoors, the Raspberry Cough really likes a warm climate.

It grows really tall, so be prepared for that – and it also can leave quite a lingering odor, so if you have nosy neighbors and it’s not legal where you live, then you must exercise caution when growing. But, if you are adamant and score some Raspberry Cough the outdoor way, it yields around 18 oz of bud per plant. It usually doesn’t start flowering until the end of October, so it can be quite a wait, but a worthwhile one.

I'm currently growing a Raspberry Cough but to meet my needs, I'm going to grow another one. Same goes for the next one:

Next up:

CB DUTCH TREAT (1 seed)

Major Terpenes:Myrcene, Terpinolene, Caryophyllene
Breeder:Crop King
Genetics:Azure Haze x Amnesia Haze
Projected Flowering Time:63 to 70 days
Projected Yield:400g / sq metre
THC %:4
CBD %:8

Azura Haze and Amnesia Haze make a winning combination in this ultimate sativa-dominant medical strain. Spicy and piney, this pain-reliever will deliver a high that is both energetic and euphoric. A good strain for day use as it helps the user feel happy, creative, and focused. Robust plants can reach 4 feet or more, with long, slender leaves. Abundant light-green flowers mature in 9 to 10 weeks.

This time around, we bring another strain (CB Dutch Treat marijuana) from the beloved Iberian country of Spain. This sativa-dominant plant is an ideal choice if you are new to marijuana growing because it is very easy to cultivate. This plant yields an insane amount of only the dankest buds and can be grown indoors or outdoors.

CB Dutch Treat is low in THC (only 4%) and high in CBD (8%), which means this is an awesome choice if you are looking for a medical strain to light up or cook into some dank edibles. Overall, the effect of this plant is very powerful, which is not surprising considering its genetics.

In general, the effect of CB Dutch Treat is mostly uplifting, euphoric, and energetic. This is an ideal smoke when you feel kind of sluggish and can use an energy boost. In terms of medical use, this plant helps relieve pain by relaxing your body and leaving you feeling cool and refreshed.

As it is super low in THC content, you can rest assured that this is not a psychedelic strain. If you are after medical marijuana purely for the medicinal effect, this is one of your best options.

In addition to these 2 sativa-dominant strains, I will be growing 2 Jack Herers:

JACK HERER (2 seeds)

Primary Terpenes:Terpinolene, Caryophyllene, Pinene
Breeder:Vision Seeds
Genetics:Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5 x Haze
Projected Flowering Time:49 to 63 days
Projected Yield:500g / sq metre
THC %:15-20
CBD %:<1

The Jack Herer is a sativa dominant strain, a cross between Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. It was named this way in honor of Jack Herer by Ben Dronkers, founder of the Sensi Seed Bank. Jack Herer is a very popular strain, winning the High Times Cannabis Cup several years in a row. The Jack Herer strain has a light green color with light orange to brown hairs covering it. Amazing quality medical cannabis producing dense, easy to work with buds. Taste and smell are skunky, sharp musky and spicy. It gives you a light headed almost euphoric feeling which can be felt almost instantly. Jack Herer is considered to be among the world’s finest.

Jack Herer Strain Typical Effects
Right with the first puff, a potent head buzz provides an energizing, mind-clearing influence. The high increases focus, creativity and purifies from unnecessary thoughts. After some time, the body will also catch up with a calming sensation without affecting its functionality. On top of that, a feeling of euphoria and ease can result in an engaging conversation or meditations.

At the same time, this weed can alleviate stress, anxiety, and depression. It is also known to have relieving effects when dealing with migraines and body pains. The side effects are mostly similar to other strains, so the only thing to avoid is overconsumption. But some reviewers state that it is possible to feel an increased frequency of heartbeats. Again, it is important to mention that it is a bad idea to treat insomnia with this marijuana.

Growing Information
Fortunately for growers, the seeds are available for purchase on the Internet, e.g. Herbie's carry it. The difficulty of growing this plant is moderate due to the necessity of regular trimming and its climate requirements. Jack Herer strain can be grown indoors or outdoors. When raising indoors, the flowering cycle takes about 10 weeks, and the plant requires constant trimming due to its height. For outdoor cultivation, it demands a Mediterranean climate with a temperature of about 72-80 degrees Fahrenheit. The harvest time is during mid and late October.

And, at Month 3? I have no idea yet. I have a lot of weed already. I have 68 oz of weed just for getting high and another 40 oz for pain and sleep meds. I even have weed I haven't tried yet like the Blue Dream, Runtz Punch and Sugar Black Rose that I grew. So, I will have to think about this for awhile.

Amazon Canada doesn't appear to carry any magnesium nitrate. I found Raw Nitrate. Would that work?
That won't help correct the Ca/Mg ratio but it will boost the N. This is a company right by MrSauga that might be able to help:
First up are the new plants.
Given how similarly stressed they all look I'm wondering if there's something about the medium they don't like. What are you planting them in?
The CB Dutch Treats have grown a lot during this time. CBDT1 gained 11 inches and CBDT3 gained 13 inches. Additionally, CB Dutch Treat 2 blew over 2 days ago and one of its branches is sticking out from the bottom. I haven't decided whether I'm going to chop it or not. And, despite CBDT1 being the tallest of the 3, she took the longest to get into flower.
The plants look great but the flowering is so far behind the WWxBB2 that I really hope your weather holds up
Finally, we have Raspberry Cough and the White Widow x Big Buds. They're still yellowing and WWxBB1 blew over the same day that CBDT2 did. I didn't see any damage. Here are the pics:
I'd bump those WWxBB to 5.5 at this point.
I forgot about the Magnums. They were harvested on August 17 and trimmed on September 1. I removed a lot of bud rot and when I trimmed, I mixed both plants together for a total yield of 54 grams.
Congrats on getting them to harvest! Sorry about the rot though. :(

You got me all whipped up for Herbies HashGirl! Their my next grow but not for another ~month. I have 5 of theirs to try but not a Jack Herer, now I'm hungry for some JH!😍 I didn't know they were the originators. Cool!

Thanks, Stone. Jack Herer was originally bred by Sensei Seeds. I didn't buy them from Herbie's or Sensai Seeds. The seed vendor isn't a sponsor so I didn't post that ino.

And, for what it's worth, Jack Herer is one of my favourites for getting high.

That won't help correct the Ca/Mg ratio but it will boost the N. This is a company right by MrSauga that might be able to help:

Okay. I'll check it out. Thank you.
Given how similarly stressed they all look I'm wondering if there's something about the medium they don't like. What are you planting them in?

They're in ProMix and they don't look great because I didn't water them enough when I first planted them. All the new growth looks good although they're not very tall. They're starting their 4th node and they're still less than 2 inches tall. Do people top their plants when they're still so short?

The plants look great but the flowering is so far behind the WWxBB2 that I really hope your weather holds up

On one of the threads I'm following, amending your medium with malted barley will apparently help them finish sooner. So, I'm thinking about trying that.

I'd bump those WWxBB to 5.5 at this point.

Thank you. I did increase it last watering.

Congrats on getting them to harvest! Sorry about the rot though. :(

Thanks. I wasn't really counting on huge harvests from the autos so it wasn't as disappointing as last year's bud rot on my Big Devil XLs.

*** UPDATE TIME ***

Good afternoon.

There aren't any highlights this week other than the pistils on WWxBB2 are starting to change colour and the biggest growth spurt this week was the Chronic x Northern Lights, which grew 2.5 inches.

Without further ado, here are the pics:

SUM22 - CBDTs & RC 420 Update for 14-Sep-22.jpg

CBDT1 - Day 144 (+13): (I had to crop the top because my head was showing in the window)

CBD1-a.jpeg

CBD1-b.jpeg

CBD1-c.jpeg

CBDT2 - Day 138 (+18):

CBD2-a.jpeg

CBD2-b.jpeg

CBD2-c.jpeg

CBDT3 - Day 129 (+18):

CBD3-a.jpeg

CBD3-b.jpeg

CBD3-d.jpeg

Raspberry Cough - Day 129 (+18):

To be continued...

*** UPDATE TIME cont'd...***

SUM22 - Indoor Plant 420 Update for 14-Sep-22.jpg

BB1 - Day 27:

BB1-a.jpeg

BB1-b.jpeg

BB2 - Day 27:

BB2-a.jpeg

BB2-b.jpeg

CxNL - Day 25:

CxNL-a.jpeg

CxNL-b.jpeg

NS - Day 20:

NS-a.jpeg

NS-b.jpeg

To be continued...

SUM22 - Moby Dick 420 Update for 14-Sep-22.jpg

These are the worst looking of the bunch but they're at Day 94 and the breeder's estimated harvest is 75 days from seed to harvest so I'll start checking trichomes, etc.

MD1 - Day 48 (+46):

MD1-a.jpeg

MD1-b.jpeg

MD2 - Day 48 (+46):

MD2-a.jpeg

MD2-b.jpeg

MD3 - Day 48 (+46):

MD3-a.jpeg

MD3-b.jpeg

MD4 - Day 49 (+45):

MD4-a.jpeg

MD4-b.jpeg

To be continued...

SUM22 - WWxBB 420 Update for 14-Sep-22.jpg

WWxBB1 - Day 111 (+39):

WWxBB1-a.jpeg

WWxBB1-b.jpeg

WWxBB1-c.jpeg

WWxBB1-d.jpeg

WWxBB1-e.jpeg

WWxBB2 - Day 106 (+31):

WWxBB2-a.jpeg

WWxBB2-b.jpeg

WWxBB2-c.jpeg

WWxBB2-d.jpeg

And, that's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.

*** UPDATE TIME ***

Good afternoon.

There aren't any highlights this week other than the pistils on WWxBB2 are starting to change colour and the biggest growth spurt this week was the Chronic x Northern Lights, which grew 2.5 inches.

Without further ado, here are the pics:

SUM22 - CBDTs & RC 420 Update for 14-Sep-22.jpg

CBDT1 - Day 144 (+13): (I had to crop the top because my head was showing in the window)

CBD1-a.jpeg

CBD1-b.jpeg

CBD1-c.jpeg

CBDT2 - Day 138 (+18):

CBD2-a.jpeg

CBD2-b.jpeg

CBD2-c.jpeg

CBDT3 - Day 129 (+18):

CBD3-a.jpeg

CBD3-b.jpeg

CBD3-d.jpeg

Raspberry Cough - Day 129 (+18):

To be continued...
They are absolutely beautiful :yahoo:
You really know how to keep a garden happy. :thumb:
If you get a minute post a pic in my Heavens Shores thread.
I'd love to have them. :love:
Hope everything is going well.
Take care my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Going to be a nailbiter with the weather HashGirl? Always is here! Newbies looking strong!

Thanks, Stone. Fall's weather forecast is for drier and warmer temps than normal. I hope it's accurate because the plants I moved outside from inside are going to need it.

The outsiders are all looking great but the WW cross continues to steal the show! The BB's and the Chronic should be bumped to 3g/gallon (make sure none of the lowers are resting on the dirt)

Really? I just bumped them to 2g this week. I pruned off all the lowers that were in the dirt today. They're being uppotted on the weekend.

, and your reflection is still in the Raspberry Cough - Day 129 (+18) pic if that matters.

:ciao:

Oops. Oh well, I don't think it matters much. You can't really see my face.

SUM22 - WWxBB 420 Update for 14-Sep-22.jpg

WWxBB1 - Day 111 (+39):

WWxBB1-a.jpeg

WWxBB1-b.jpeg

WWxBB1-c.jpeg

WWxBB1-d.jpeg

WWxBB1-e.jpeg

WWxBB2 - Day 106 (+31):

WWxBB2-a.jpeg

WWxBB2-b.jpeg

WWxBB2-c.jpeg

WWxBB2-d.jpeg

And, that's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome.
These buds are looking so abundant and juicy. They are gorgeous plants. Your garden looks great HG. I hope you are having an awesome weekend!

I really hate growing outside.

I really hate growing outside.
I'm dealing with crazy rh, fungus gnats, cold damp rainy weather

It's wonderful. :rofl:
I love indoor so much.
Hope you are well HashGirl :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom