Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Re: Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow and Pineapple Express

Ida has some very nice leaves :yummy:

Welcome back! Have a nice vacation from the site? lol The ladies are looking wonderful!

Well, nice vacation as in food and sleep! And more sleep!

Ida has some very nice leaves :yummy:

Thanks Colesdad :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was worried they were getting too close to each other, but is seems OK now...

Hey bud! Good to see you. Ladies are looking great. Yeah that light bleaching from the lights being too close, shouldn't really hurt anything as long as you corrected the issue.

Everything looks great!! You will be very happy very soon my friend, those autos are lightning fast.

It may yet be another week or more before a true smoke report is available for Ms Devil. Would like to get at least a 2 week cure, 3 preferable.

...I need to go catch up on 420...

:peace:

Dude, my email be like:
Dear colesdad, catman12 has just replied

Glad to see you're catching up on your 420:thumb:

Looking good over here. I like the new light! <envy>

/Obi

Looking good over here. I like the new light! <envy>

/Obi

Hi Obi - Good to see you!

I am unsure about this new light, but all that matters is the plants thing it's OK. It does help keep the closet an nicer, steady temp. I'm trying to remain objective and not compare too much with the old light. Right now it's a relief to have more space for each plant and better temps...

:Namaste:

I went back a few pages, I'm too lazy to go back any further. What light did you start with, brand/wattage. And you didn't mention any facts about the new one. What kind did you get? I was thinking of putting a new led on my list to Santa. I too was thinking of doing a photo plant with my next auto grow.

Oh, and I forgot. Good Saturday morning to you si!

I went back a few pages, I'm too lazy to go back any further. What light did you start with, brand/wattage. And you didn't mention any facts about the new one. What kind did you get? I was thinking of putting a new led on my list to Santa. I too was thinking of doing a photo plant with my next auto grow.

Oh, and I forgot. Good Saturday morning to you si!

Good morning Colesdad! Just now afternoon here.

I will say when I planned to grow in the spare closet I decided to go the rout of least money/toys to see if I could sustain an indoor grows and be poor at the exact same time. That said, I spent a good deal of money on the first LED after a lot of research into these lights. This particular LED is: Advanced LED DS (diamond series) 100 - 100w (50) 3w High Output LEDs (single chip) size with 2.5ft x 3ft coverage.

Now, I have yet to actually have a flowering plant in this closet, so, IDK about the end result. I will tell you I do know TECH and this particular light presents high quality, and the plants are actually growing. It was also 3 times as much $$ as the second one...

The second LED was supposed to be an "extra coverage" strategy and I went cheaper. It is an older version of TOPLED - the smallest "reflector series" that had the same LED "specs" as the Advanced light, but i have to say I was sort-of shocked at the differences between the 2 lights.

I don't want to disrespect those that really like and have effective grows with TOPLED, but I don't like the presenting quality nearly as much - but now Ada, the smaller White Widow plant, is using this second light -So we'll see the end results.

I would recommend telling Santa Weed that dollars seem to make a difference when it comes to LED lighting IMHO so far. Yet, I do not possess many other things one seems to need for an effective grow. Dollars will not be part of my world upon retirement - and I don't give a Damn!

The girls do look great man, bravo! :bravo:

Thanks Sir Wilde! Good to see you - :peace:

So it's Saturday and an update:

Grace the Grass-o-Matic is 29 days (4 weeks) old today and she is just wild. 18"

I did my best to care for her today, but she kind-of scares me...

Feeding day: 1/2tsp CalMag, 1 tsp Grow Big, 1/2 tsp molasses and 1/2 tsp tiger bloom to get her used to it - more pistils/preflowers that are starting to rapidly emerge. Couldn't get a good pic of them. Impatient.

G_1_4.jpg

G_2_5.jpg

The closet seems too small for this Young Lady, her fan leaves are touching the door and wall. I have removed some bottom fan leaves and I used some cording to gently pull what seem to be some budding branches down, out, and into the light...

G57.jpg

Ada does continue to be smaller and bushier. She seems crowded by Grace and so is now using the TOPLED for herself. 24 days - about 13" She looks almost as tall as Grace because she is propped up on pans to be closer to the lights.

WW156.jpg

The purple Closet - ONA set up continues to be effective. Averaging 81 degrees and about 51% RH. Grace has been lowered to about 21" inches from the light, Ada continues at 17" because she really seems to like that for now. Any lower and she seems droopy (pouts?)

Closet30.jpg

Other than that, I have been thinking of posting some of my experiences with the gift of Cannabis I recently received in the Medical Forum. Cannabis continues to be effective for my efforts to taper of this pharmaceutical, and has been effective for a number of other health concerns.

I'm working on building a tolerance (WwwwWwOOOooOooohhhhHHhh) and have achieved walking, appropriate behavior in retail stores, and slow typing. I have more work to do LOL.

:peace: :cheer: :peace:

I'm glad to hear Grace is getting out of control, awesome! I may consider lowering my topled (older 100-3w) since Ida likes hers at 17in. I'm sitting at 21in for my girls, I was trying to get some stretch. I'm kinda torn between wanting stretch vs getting them bushy-er. I've got some really tight new growth on my Sativa but my Indica keeps getting fatter.

Newbie question : what's up with cal-mag? I'm using general hydroponics but I'm wondering if I need to get some once they fully recover.

I'm glad to hear Grace is getting out of control, awesome! I may consider lowering my topled (older 100-3w) since Ida likes hers at 17in. I'm sitting at 21in for my girls, I was trying to get some stretch. I'm kinda torn between wanting stretch vs getting them bushy-er. I've got some really tight new growth on my Sativa but my Indica keeps getting fatter.

It seems to me, from the 3 (three) plants I've grown, that they each like a different light height and it varies over time. Light adjustment is what I watch the most really...

Newbie question : what's up with cal-mag? I'm using general hydroponics but I'm wondering if I need to get some once they fully recover.

LOL "newbie" - It is the Blind Leading the Blind. I am Sir N0oB as well. This is only my second grow, these two Ladies here.

I purchased some Cal Mag because it is the single most referenced nutrient I see on here...Plants seem to like it? It seems the older versions of LEDs would cause this deficiency, but maybe not the newer LEDs from what I've read... (??!!??)

So, I put some in with the other stuff :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking great Catman!

Be proud of your girls!
you earned the right

Thanks for the support :cheesygrinsmiley: It helps!

I have spent a lot of time tucking fan leaves under and behind the promising new growth on Grace and Ada.

It's cold and rainy out. And, I have a bright closet with warm new growth in it!

:Namaste:

Sounds like great things are coming :)

Back
Top Bottom