Chef & His Wife's First Grow - Organic Super Soil - Strain Unknown

20150417_154049.jpg

A good example of praying leaves chef. They look like theyre worshipping the light.
One sign to go by is when the leaves/nodes stagger. Instead of growing opposite eachother they alternate up the stock.
Happy 420 :)

So I checked the plants just be for lights out and scrubby the nodes are already staggering. After a lil trim and an exercise on Wednesday I am going to give them a week and make a decision from there on how long I want to veg. Taking stretch into consideration and my lighting height restrictions. I don't want them to get too much taller. I can see now how much different our next grow will be from this one.

I'm going to use what I learned growing up and a lot of ideas from you guys.

Well it's been a week since watering. Looking much more alive. Gonna let the pots get a lil lighter and then give em a light drink.

Today is day 1 of week 6 in veg.

Yeah Chef, I used to use plastic pots so I know it takes a while for them to dry up. For your next grow you might wanna look in to smart pots, theyre fabric and allow for more ecen drying of the soil...I love em and know many others do as well. :)

UPDATE TIME!!

Today is day three of week six of the veg cycle. Plants #1 & #2 are 59 days old and #5 is 58 days old.

With the trimming and the training I just followed my gut mostly and the rest was all from you guys advice. I did more defol than I was planning for but I figured you gotta crack some shells to.make an omelette!

My thought process now is to give them 2 maybe 3 weeks before flipping to flower. I think this is going to be the last defol during veg.

And we just want to say thanks to all of you guys for all the help and advice. We are very thankful!

Well I guess its time for the.pictures. I know you would rather see pics than read my ramblings. So here we go...

#1 before...

IMAG57381.jpg

#1 after...

IMAG57411.jpg

#2 before...

IMAG57391.jpg

#2 after...

IMAG57421.jpg

#5 before...

IMAG57401.jpg

#5 after...

IMAG57431.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. We sure enjoyed doing the work and taking the pictures.

:420:

Ok no messing about here then! :)
Now as you've gone so hard now on defol it may look like your last defol in veg :) Yet a good way to think of it in my book is; I tend to do my last big defol about 4-5 days before flipping. This gives the plant time to recover and also means your girls are set for the entirety of the stretch phase.
So you may want a light defol again soon. Honestly you will be shocked at the bounce back! :):)

Ok no messing about here then! :)
Now as you've gone so hard now on defol it may look like your last defol in veg :) Yet a good way to think of it in my book is; I tend to do my last big defol about 4-5 days before flipping. This gives the plant time to recover and also means your girls are set for the entirety of the stretch phase.
So you may want a light defol again soon. Honestly you will be shocked at the bounce back! :):)

Yes we were inspired by your current auto training thread. We have plenty of beans we have collected an and can afford a loss or set back. Even though we have bag seeds we figured we might as well start the learning curve now for the next grow.

And to be honest I was thinking the same about the defol but with so.much inexperience I wanted to see how they react before a definite decision is made.

Now id see about getting them all at the same height Chef! You dont want one to dominate...unless you want ine big bud and several smaller ones...give it a try...youll see :)

Now id see about getting them all at the same height Chef! You dont want one to dominate...unless you want ine big bud and several smaller ones...give it a try...youll see :)

Right now the majority are level with the pot rim. However, I did leave one a lil taller than the rest on each plant. But we are going to be putting in a scrog really soon that will help us get a more even canopy. Also once they start going vertical we will adjust as needed. We dont plan on doing much more if any LST but depending on how they react and grow will ultimately determine the final decision on that topic.

Back
Top Bottom