Chef & His Wife's First Grow - Organic Super Soil - Strain Unknown

:cheer:UPDATE TIME!!:cheer:

Ok guys I know this is really late and I'm sorry I've been outta action for a while. I'm the boss and last week I worked over 70 hrs. I've almost had no time for the plants. A couple times forgot to check the plants in the mornings and burned a couple leaves.

Today is day four of week eight of the veg cycle. Plants 1 & 2 are 74 days old. Plant 5 is 73 days old.

I have been watering more often but only a cup of water at a time. I've been waiting for the leaves to droop and then they get a cup. They seem to love it and we are glad because now we have a good watering cycle and we are not over watering.

Here is a pic of the conditions. They've been staying like this for over a month now.

IMAG57742.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of them together. No individuals this round. Too much of an effort to get them out of the box for pictures. Don't want to break anything!

IMAG57752.jpg

IMAG57802.jpg

Now here are some close ups of some of the tops.

IMAG57761.jpg

IMAG57772.jpg

IMAG57781.jpg

IMAG57792.jpg

Hmmm not a lot of growth in 15 days?

4/22
IMAG57401.jpg

5/7
IMAG57752.jpg

Oh thats right you cut them up and stressed them and thought that would make them grow better... Just proving a point not being an ass.... Your plants would be double that size if you wouldn't have cut them up. :cheesygrinsmiley: But I already know someone will say it.. " They will bounce back" LMAO

Hmmm not a lot of growth in 15 days?

4/22
IMAG57401.jpg

5/7
IMAG57752.jpg

Oh thats right you cut them up and stressed them and thought that would make them grow better... Just proving a point not being an ass.... Your plants would be double that size if you wouldn't have cut them up. :cheesygrinsmiley: But I already know someone will say it.. " They will bounce back" LMAO

Look hunter I told you don't start that shit here. You are wrong with your presumption of thknking u know my reasons for pruning.

My grow is much different than yours as well as my goals. The fact that they would have doubled in size is the exact reason for doing the training I am doing. And understand it is training. We are training the plants so that they will mature in a smaller grow area. We do not have an entire closet to devote to growing and we are not trying to harvest pounds at a time.

Growing weed is much like everything else in that you can get the same resulting product but achieve that through many different means. And if you do not realize that then I am sorry for your ignorance. It is very small minded to judge someone or something when not taking into account the many different variables that make yours, mine and everyone else's grow so very much different.

And this is the wrong thread to bring that narrowed mindedness not to mention distespectful.

You may have not meant to sound like an ass but unfortunate that's exactly what you have done. If you have genuine concerns questions or thoughts then feel free to share. But the sneaky politics will end on this thread!

Theres a difference in training and cutting up a plant lol... How is slowing down growth in any way what we want? Training i can understand 100 % just not stunting growth.. which is what you have done in this case.

My grow isn't even 4 ft tall. I'm not trying to have 4ft tall plants I wouldn't have room. But a plant after stretch that is 2 1/2 ft tall is ideal for me. And rather than having an immature plant going into flower I further aid less stretch during flower. Not to mention I'm trying to maximize cola buds without out growing my space.

Dont worry chef, im sure youll upgrade plenty after this grow, including lights, a tent and good soil lol
Dont worry...It happens to us all! Once you harvest your first plants...its on!!!! :)

What ever you choose to do, Chef, I just wish you good luck.
experimenting is awesome, if you are in no rush for a smoke, or if you are left without a choice.
personally, I just wanted to get buds quickly, so I germinated 8 seeds (got 6 out of 8 and 4 females out of the six), and flipped the switch after 30 days, and some LST. they are acting indica like so they are pretty short and bushy, but with the pots their height is already surpassing 3 feet. Add the light and the distance required for it, and I totally understand what you are trying to do and why you are trying to do that. I wish that I could scrog for my next generation, but I don't want to have any males tangled in the net when I flip the switch. so I assume that was part of the reason why you didn't do it too. We should get ourselves some proper seeds for the next round.
Anyway, keep the spirits up.
greet the Mrs.
:Namaste:

Dont worry chef, im sure youll upgrade plenty after this grow, including lights, a tent and good soil lol
Dont worry...It happens to us all! Once you harvest your first plants...its on!!!! :)

Yea we will upgrade affter several grows. Have to and want to keep it small for now.

But you are so right about the pots and soil! I am hoping to have the smart pots for next grrow but not sure yet. And I have my own trick up my sleeve about the soil. Will discuss that when I start that journal.

And I can't wait for my first harvest! Because it's already on! Lol!

Thank you for the encouragement and enthusiasm.

What ever you choose to do, Chef, I just wish you good luck.
experimenting is awesome, if you are in no rush for a smoke, or if you are left without a choice.
personally, I just wanted to get buds quickly, so I germinated 8 seeds (got 6 out of 8 and 4 females out of the six), and flipped the switch after 30 days, and some LST. they are acting indica like so they are pretty short and bushy, but with the pots their height is already surpassing 3 feet. Add the light and the distance required for it, and I totally understand what you are trying to do and why you are trying to do that. I wish that I could scrog for my next generation, but I don't want to have any males tangled in the net when I flip the switch. so I assume that was part of the reason why you didn't do it too. We should get ourselves some proper seeds for the next round.
Anyway, keep the spirits up.
greet the Mrs.
:Namaste:

Thanks Jim. And you are right! Everything is an experiment or at least it should be. If we don't experiment and keep an open mind with gardening in general we will never learn anything.

We all have our own grow environment and we have to cater to that environment. It doesn't work the other way. The're is nothing wrong with how you are doing your grow. You are catering to your needs. As long as YOU learn something then this will be a positive experience for you to carry to your next grow. Your grow is looking great now and I am sure you will improve on you next grow.

I am still considering scrog, however, after my last training session I may not need it because they are sitting so short right now. See learning all the time. But you do make a valid point and i may only do scrog with fem seeds.

We are however going to stick with bag seed for a while. That's a budget based decision. So we are going to have to sex every time. I am seriously considering going auto fem seeds when we finally do purchase quality seeds.

And I will tell her you said hello.

Bravo!!!! Sorry not wanting to fuel anything just glad you spoke up!
Hell occasionally people like to wade in like that, I get it all the time lol. Defol and training are just tools to aid your plants to fit your vision! If we all had the same vision and did the same I'd want to top myself lol. Its what fits and works for the individual! :)

Much respect Chef

It's all good LA.

I agree everyone's vision should be different. It's the only way we can learn from each other so we can improve ourselves for our needs and lives.

And thanks LA means a lot.

Don't listen to the 24 hour bs...just go 12/12 or 11/13. Doing that 24 hour crap will light stress em...not much but why cause stress when you dont have to bro/sis

Ok guys. Sorry for not being around. But work has been really busy and I've only had time to water the plants.

But tonight is their first 12 hour night. We put in our bulbs for flower and officially flipped the switch at midnight. Keep your fingers crossed for at least one female.

I will be posting a pictorial update in a couple days when I'm off and we have the scrog in place. We are not yet putting in all 4 of the 100watt bulbs. Those bulbs put off a lot of heat and we don't want it to get too hot in there right off the gate. We do have two 100watt bulbs and two 43watt bulbs.

Good luck, brother! keep the faith.

A little surprised that you decided with the scrog, have you found a way to get it going even if you spot a male? if so, I would really like to hear you ideas, considering that I am thinking about it too for my next grow. A scrog would be ideal for my type of light, which doesnt really offer too much penetration...

I really want to get one of the platinum led setups, but I am scared shit less of ordering one online...

Good luck, brother! keep the faith.

A little surprised that you decided with the scrog, have you found a way to get it going even if you spot a male? if so, I would really like to hear you ideas, considering that I am thinking about it too for my next grow. A scrog would be ideal for my type of light, which doesnt really offer too much penetration...

I really want to get one of the platinum led setups, but I am scared shit less of ordering one online...

Well I decided to go with a scrog because I think it's gonna help a lot with keeping the canopy level. And no I'm not too worried about any males. As long as I remove them before the pollen sacks open I should be ok. And as far as removing the male well lol that's what shears are for.

Ok here is a mini update. Haven't had time to install scrog yet. But this is day two of flower. Hope you like.

IMAG58581.jpg

IMAG58591.jpg

IMAG58601.jpg

IMAG58611.jpg

IMAG58621.jpg

Looks good. What kind of SCROG are you doing,, or what kind of materials you making it from??? I love training them... not sure about the wire SCROG though.... seems like you're training them well. Good luck chef!#

Looks like you are already training them great. A SCROG is meant to be placed around 12 inches above the plant and trained until 70-80% of the net is filled and then switch to flower and train the additional 2 weeks to fill the rest of the net. I wouldnt worry with a SCROG at this point as it wouldnt do anything for you unless you want to add it for support net.

Back
Top Bottom