Chef & His Wife's First Grow - Organic Super Soil - Strain Unknown

Hey Chef and Chef's wife,
I just went through your entire grow, and it seems like you took some very gutsy decisions. I salute you:bravo:, I hope it pays off.
I vegged for just one month and did light pruning before flipping the switch just so i would have better air flow at the lower areas.
But i have 1.7 meters in my DR60 so height is less of an issue, also I implemented LST in all of them in order to encourage more colas and an even canopy.
I think that my led was of great help during veg time, so I would like to suggest you think of one for your next grow, as it gives little heat and takes little power, and the penetration it gives is much better then cfls apparently.
I hope that both of our grows go well and that we could finally enjoy our fruits.
Me and my lady are growing most of our vegetables in our garden so this seemed like a very reasonable next step.
anyway, i am rambling and rambling... good luck friends:thumb:

p.s. wish my misses woud show the same interest as yours does.. hehe

hey guess who's got internet back on :smokin:

i'm glad you didn't let that guy affect your judgment about defoling and training plants man, honestly in my opinion if you want a plant that just grows without you doing anything to it just do autos, if you do a fem you gotta pick her up, like top her or stress her, thats the whole point of doing a girl :)

LA is doing a great experiment on how autos react on various training techniques that have been used on females, that's going to be very intresting you guys should come along if you already havent

everything looks great in there, best of luck in the future

:Namaste:

hey guess who's got internet back on :smokin:

i'm glad you didn't let that guy affect your judgment about defoling and training plants man, honestly in my opinion if you want a plant that just grows without you doing anything to it just do autos, if you do a fem you gotta pick her up, like top her or stress her, thats the whole point of doing a girl :)

LA is doing a great experiment on how autos react on various training techniques that have been used on females, that's going to be very intresting you guys should come along if you already havent

everything looks great in there, best of luck in the future

:Namaste:

Woo hoo! Glad to have you back Bro!

Yea I never let my decision be swayed by irrational people. He just doesn't realize that pruning is training much like scrog and lst. It's just a different type of training. Depending on your grow style, environment, and space are all deterning factors for deciding to or not to prune. If I had a whole closet I could devote to a grow like him things would be different. My space is less than 16 cu ft. Big and bushy isn't an option nor a goal of mine.

Also, pruning isn't about bigger yields. Growing up we pruned to have quality veggies and flowers. And as I see it and how my mind works, pruning a mmj plant is produces the same end result. Yes it does have an eye appeal but that is just secondary.

Our grow is all about quality above quantity. And you will see our next grow will look nothing like this as we have learned and we need to try different methods to find what best suites our grow! You have to view this as the age of craft weed. It's the same as the recent boom in craft beers. I guess some people can't except that or freedom of expression.

But moving on.

It's great to have you back around.

And yes I have been subbed for several days now. We actually got inspiration from that thread and decided to move forward and dive right in on the learning curve. I'm pretty competent with growing plants and veggies and with all you guys helping us, we are sure we will be rewarded with our decision. I can already see them starting to go vertical. And all the little growth thast was being shaded and barely growing are starting to pray to the light! Woo hoo!

We can't thank you all enough for inspiration, sharing you knowledge and helping us all along the way!

And thanx again Bro hope to have tasty buds posted on here really soon!

CHEERS!

Time for a "mini" update.

Today is day one of week 7 in the veg cycle. Because of over watering I put them through a 12 day drought. Upon noticing slightly droopy leaves last night, I gave each 1 cup of water.

This morning they look alive! But I didn't take any pictures of them because I want to wait until seven days after last week's lst and pruning.

But here is a lil look see of the conditions of the grow this morning.

CHEERS everyone!

IMAG57451.jpg

Back
Top Bottom