Chef & His Wife's First Grow - Organic Super Soil - Strain Unknown

defol again and you should increase your yield from 10% up to even 30%

Do you have data that proves this? Or are you just rambling on to new members what you think you know? Im sorry but this is very incorrect information and in NO WAY does defoliating increase yield but only hurts it. Sorry to come on strong but its ridiculous at the miss information on this website...

surfinchef, I see that you have already defoliated and it looks good but I will tell you that defoliating only stressing and SLOWS down the plant. You should do some research on the actual science of cannabis growing instead of reading forums where new members "like 420brother" give miss information.... If you look deep enough you will find the true data where test have been run... not just members that think they know.

It puzzles me to see members that cut all there fan leaves off and in 2-3 weeks they say "OMG amazing growth"... Well if you would not have cut what just took 2 weeks to grow back the plant would be double the size... Anyway try different methods. Next time dont defoliate.. Im sure you will be surprised at the growth with the timeline.

Do you have data that proves this? Or are you just rambling on to new members what you think you know? Im sorry but this is very incorrect information and in NO WAY does defoliating increase yield but only hurts it. Sorry to come on strong but its ridiculous at the miss information on this website...

surfinchef, I see that you have already defoliated and it looks good but I will tell you that defoliating only stressing and SLOWS down the plant. You should do some research on the actual science of cannabis growing instead of reading forums where new members "like 420brother" give miss information.... If you look deep enough you will find the true data where test have been run... not just members that think they know.

It puzzles me to see members that cut all there fan leaves off and in 2-3 weeks they say "OMG amazing growth"... Well if you would not have cut what just took 2 weeks to grow back the plant would be double the size... Anyway try different methods. Next time dont defoliate.. Im sure you will be surprised at the growth with the timeline.

Ok, I agree that defol will not increase yields but it does help in the long run. Not defoliation necessarily, but selective pruning. Ive had better results and know growers whose produce is second to none who use this practice.
You keep your bullshit to yourself HunterNitro and keep hiding in front of your computer screen. If you dont have something nice to say dont fuckin say it. We didnt ask for your opinion, remember that. This guy and his wife have all the help they need...now take your nitro or whatever and dont return...please

Ok, I agree that defol will not increase yields but it does help in the long run. Not defoliation necessarily, but selective pruning. Ive had better results and know growers whose produce is second to none who use this practice.
You keep your bullshit to yourself HunterNitro and keep hiding in front of your computer screen. If you dont have something nice to say dont fuckin say it. We didnt ask for your opinion, remember that. This guy and his wife have all the help they need...now take your nitro or whatever and dont return...please

Lol guess the truth hurts... my comments are not nice? Sure they are. My opinion just like yours. Telling the truth must not be what this community is about then? I cant say that someone is wrong? Do the research before you jump on me for stating facts.

Also this is not your journal... Im sure Surf would like all the help he can get.

Lol guess the truth hurts... my comments are not nice? Sure they are. My opinion just like yours. Telling the truth must not be what this community is about then? I cant say that someone is wrong? Do the research before you jump on me for stating facts.

Also this is not your journal... Im sure Surf would like all the help he can get.

You are right this is my thread. And I didn't start so others can start petty bickering.

Many of the growers here are experienced more than you or myself. And I am taking in experience not opinion. Just like it was me reading someone else's experience on the subject that made me decide to give it a try.

I am an 18 yr veteran in my field of culinary arts and growing up my whole life in gardens and flower beds have taught me, through my own experiences, that the mentallity behind "defol" as you guys call it is sound and makes since from what experiences I have. Growing up we pruned our veggies so we wouldn't have a bunch of tiny tomatoes or cucumbers on one side of the plant that didn't get as much sun.

There is obviously more going on here than just your dislike what info people here give out to others. And you need to figure that out on your time and not mine. So if you don't want to learn off of someone else's experience then learn off of your own experience and don't bother with 420 magazine forums.

Bottom line take that shot somewhere else!

Hunternitro i dont have a stable connection to argue about it nor do i want to. By the tone of your speech i can tell a lot about you so i choose not to engage a futile arguement on my phone.

You wanna know my source?

Docbud duttypanty lightaddict carestalker maxyields and it goes on and on, go to their threads and ask/observe then maybe you will find the answer you are looking for.

Dont be angry friend

:Namaste:

lol cheers Scrubby but I dont know about that :) Just grow a few plants is all lol.
I'm itching to talk defol now lol but I respect others threads!!! :)

Well LA it's an honor to have you. And I am definitely down to discuss some defol. I have done and do plan on doing a little more defol on this grow.

I am very interested in a discussion of all topics concerning defol for my next grow. Since we have such a small setup I think we can get an adequate yield but with the highest of quality In our small grow with one maybe two plants. My biggest fear now is space with three plants. However, we do not know the sex as this is bagseed. So there is a great chance all three are males.

I wasn't thinking of doing another trim until flower.

I like the idea of a Day 21 and a Day 45 trim. it makes since.

My grow is 22" x 22" x 44". What size smart pot do you guys recommend?

Well LA it's an honor to have you. And I am definitely down to discuss some defol. I have done and do plan on doing a little more defol on this grow.

I am very interested in a discussion of all topics concerning defol for my next grow. Since we have such a small setup I think we can get an adequate yield but with the highest of quality In our small grow with one maybe two plants. My biggest fear now is space with three plants. However, we do not know the sex as this is bagseed. So there is a great chance all three are males.

I wasn't thinking of doing another trim until flower.

I like the idea of a Day 21 and a Day 45 trim. it makes since.

My grow is 22" x 22" x 44". What size smart pot do you guys recommend?

Chef, dont plan on certain days. You gotta learn to feel the plants needs. Youll see it...you and the plants will become friends and youll get to know what theyre thinking and feeling. Its a trip and youll love it :)

Yep defol is a subjective thing. It depends on the style of training your doing, light source and plant strain etc etc. I never work as some others do with set times. Just observing and reacting accordingly!
Also I don't just use defol for letting light in lol. Defol is a tool for bending your plant totally to your will. It takes time but once your deeply entwined within your relationship with your plants all will become clear.
The thing to remember is the symbiosis and relationship between each leaf and that corresponding point of said limb.
Defol can help stunt individual limbs and be used to balance out canopies.
Then its the understanding of when to do it for the best effect and how certain points will react within the timings you've acted within.

To say defol hurts yield lol. If I fluxed without defol I'd have a complete mess with zero conformaty within the plant structure! Also with closely formed colas etc you increase the lack of airflow and therefore bring the risk of moulds etc If not using defol!

I hear many folks just quoting George or other huge old names with regards to defol, why lol? Following others info blindly even mine is just being lazy lol.
If you want to find the answers that fit for you then find out for yourself is my best advice. Things move on in any business etc, genetics improve and growing styles develop. Why count on out dated info of others lol.

All things change and its our choice wether we move forward with forethought or just follow like sheep, never moving things along :)

A yway as said it depends on your style and where, what etc. So its always best to work your own path! :)

Yep defol is a subjective thing. It depends on the style of training your doing, light source and plant strain etc etc. I never work as some others do with set times. Just observing and reacting accordingly!
Also I don't just use defol for letting light in lol. Defol is a tool for bending your plant totally to your will. It takes time but once your deeply entwined within your relationship with your plants all will become clear.
The thing to remember is the symbiosis and relationship between each leaf and that corresponding point of said limb.
Then its the understanding of when to do it for the best effect and how certain points will react within the timings you've acted within.

To say defol hurts yield lol. If I fluxed without defol I'd have a complete mess with zero conformaty within the plant structure! Also with closely formed colas etc you increase the lack of airflow and therefore bring the risk of moulds etc If not using defol!

I hear many folks just quoting George or other huge old names with regards to defol, why lol? Following others info blindly even mine is just being lazy lol.
If you want to find the answers that fit for you then find out for yourself is my best advice. Things move on in any business etc, genetics improve and growing styles develop. Why count on out dated info of others lol.

All things change and its our choice wether we move forward with forethought or just follow like sheep, never moving things along :)

A yway as said it depends on your style and where, what etc. So its always best to work your own path! :)

Great advice! Thanx!

I always like to do things my way! Lol! But this is my first grow so I will be nervous and cautious with anything I do until I get my system developed.

You really need to check out Light Addicts journals Chef. Take some time to do some reading and youll be greatly rewarded. Ive learned so much on this site and by growing my own.

Question:

what factors should I look for when making the decision to go to flower? I was thinking after 8 weeks. But what should I look for to KNOW when to flip to 12/12?

Whatever you feel is right for your space and grow environment, figure they will almost double in height once flipped, and LA and the rest have it what works for us may not work for you and your grow, be patient and listen to your girls they will let you when they are happy, praying leaves are good, peace OG

Yep its a personal thing :)
For me all the work is in veg, I get my plants basically set to the form I want, expecting the growth I know that's coming from the flip. Now a more trained plant of an older age won't as a rule stretch as much once flipped. Yet with experience you get to know how much to expect. Yet I set my bud sites up in veg and lay all out so I'm not trying to develop new sites during the stretch period, more develop vert for the sites already set! :)

Just use the green cross code lol, stop look and listen! :) your girls will tell ya! :)

Back
Top Bottom