Closet Farmer OC+ Soil Grow - Easy Does It!

i agree with your idea about the leds. less heat while youre not home helps with peace of mind. =] i was on vacation for a week too, and my plants were great. i still had someone checking on them though... cuz i felt better with one person i trust knowing about it rather than just being on their own for 7 days.

I am going to have to take a chance and not let anyone else watch while I am away. I have too many nosey inlaws that would freek if they saw someone and not them have the home watch duty. Not worth it.

I did leave the plants alone for about a week a few years ago when I was running hydro. All I could imagine all week while away was a big spill or my grow lights falling and starting electrical fires!! I have a crazy imagination sometimes!! When I returned the plants all looked better than they would have if I would have stayed!!:lot-o-toke:

Yeah, I figure in nature. Plants get weeks of less sun and rain. The small LED should work great and keep my mind on having fun and not imagined disasters!! LoL!! :thumb:

I have a question for the community! I hope to get some feedback. I have been seriously thinking about adding a 20 pound co2 tank to my grow room. It costs about $35.00 for a co2 tank refill. I have to buy a tank also. Anyone have experience with co2? Is it worth it? I am ok with the cost to set up and maintain. My closet is about 10 by 3.5 feet.

The one grow I did look at the guy had great results. He had the tube coming from the CO2 pump to the back of his fan to help spread it around over the top of the plants.

I have a question for the community! I hope to get some feedback. I have been seriously thinking about adding a 20 pound co2 tank to my grow room. It costs about $35.00 for a co2 tank refill. I have to buy a tank also. Anyone have experience with co2? Is it worth it? I am ok with the cost to set up and maintain. My closet is about 10 by 3.5 feet.

Here is what I use.......they last about 2 grows......they work!

I was thinking about doing the same thing but getting the CO2 boost bucket & pump kit.

I tried the co2 boost bucket. I still have the pump kit. I didn't have any good results with this unit. It is also expesive. About $100 for a bucket refill. I did the math and I believe it would be cheaper to just go with the regular set up with the regulators.

Here is what I use.......they last about 2 grows......they work!

I got a CO2 bag right now in the grow room. This is the 2nd grow it has been in there. I am not sure if I am using correctly. I guess I am expecting the 30 to 40% increased results. I do not see it.

Remember that Mekong High I grew on my last hydro run before going to dirt? I did not use any co2 or anything on that plant and got over 9 ozs of dried buds. It is almost unbelievable the difference between my hydro and dirt grows in yield. I do not plan on going back to hydro. I just want to see if I can get closer to the same yield. I like working with dirt better. It is more fun than hydro and I think the weed tastes better too. :peace:

I got a CO2 bag right now in the grow room. This is the 2nd grow it has been in there. I am not sure if I am using correctly. I guess I am expecting the 30 to 40% increased results. I do not see it.

Remember that Mekong High I grew on my last hydro run before going to dirt? I did not use any co2 or anything on that plant and got over 9 ozs of dried buds. It is almost unbelievable the difference between my hydro and dirt grows in yield. I do not plan on going back to hydro. I just want to see if I can get closer to the same yield. I like working with dirt better. It is more fun than hydro and I think the weed tastes better too. :peace:

Mostly, the change I've seen are my plants are much greener...........use after you read they're web page.
It's cheap way to get your co2. Cool air in the tent helps too! No miraculous increase in yield.

Those Exhale bags look like the best bang for your buck. I think I may invest in these instead of the bucket. & yea Closet Farmer that setup is pretty exspensive.

Mostly, the change I've seen are my plants are much greener...........use after you read they're web page.
It's cheap way to get your co2. Cool air in the tent helps too! No miraculous increase in yield.

I will re read their web page. One thing I do have is consistant temperatures. And these are the greenest plants I have ever grown. With my better refector my temps are right around 79 degrees. I was also thinking about vegging longer before going into flower.

My personal best in yeild....Mekong High...
Mekong_High_very_smelly_clear_trichs.JPG

Wow they look like baby trees!

It was like a tree. It crowded the other plants and took about 12 weeks to flower. Was great smoke at first but after a while my wife said it gave her a headache. Very strong sativa. I liked it. Gave me energy.
I am just saying that I am sure there is a way to get better yields growing with dirt. I am ok with dirt being slower. I think I am just going to veg my plants longer before letting them flower. Or continue with more plants. I now have 7 pots in the grow space. When I ran hydro, I only had 4.
One thing that is a real plus for dirt that I didn't mention is for me the plants are maturing much faster. I am ok with less yield per plant if I have faster harvests and more plants in the same space.
Sorry to rant. I can get anal sometimes about my grow results! :peace:

That makes sense. I use dirt because for me to fully understand hydro I would need someone to this plain it to me step by step as well as show me. I'm just a more hands on person.

That makes sense. I use dirt because for me to fully understand hydro I would need someone to this plain it to me step by step as well as show me. I'm just a more hands on person.

Actually, Hydro is very simple. I think you go through a lot more nutes when doing hydro, especially if you use a large resevoir. So it is more expensive too. But it is very easy if you have a good ppm and Ph meter. The reason I wanted to get away from hydro is the water spills. Every spill I had was entirely my fault, however that is what it is. I talked to my wife about it also. She wants me to keep staying with dirt.

Dirt is way more fun for me. It is great being able to move the plants so freely. I like getting my hands dirty! I just want to figure out a way to increase my yeild per plant. I am sure if I let them veg a little longer that will help. If not, I might just have to open my mind to having more plants. Which might not be a bad thing either.

I hope nobody gets the wrong impression about me bringing this whole hydro / dirt thing up. I am still very new to dirt and still have a few things that I need to learn to improve.
:circle-of-love:

Hi i used to use a bottle and regulator, if you can leave you fans off for long periods of time then do it, i added 20% when i first used it. Good luck its well worth it.

Thanks for the feedback Progreen! I noticed you wrote..used to use. Do you still use or plan on using. I noticed you have a journal in progress. 20% sounds like a big improvement. :high-five:

I want to dabble in hydro when I get a chance... especially a NFT setup. Those really interest me but I don't have the room, time, energy, money, or patience to give it a shot right now.

I tried a little hydro setup as my first grow but couldn't afford the nutrients so they slowly died off. After needing to always check the pumps and for little leaks and make sure the timing was right, needing to move heavy amounts of water all the time, make sure there's no algae, yada, yada. I much prefer dirt now. It's way less work and more fun and I'm still getting great results. I just wish that I had a harvest with the hydro so I could compare.

Back
Top Bottom