Closet Farmer OC+ Soil Grow - Easy Does It!

Today is day 47 of flower. From what I understand I am to take all fan leaves off so the buds will all get more light. As far as I can tell, even though it seems early. I believe the Moby Dick could be harvested at any time. The trichs are about 40% amber. and all cloudy.
As soon as my new trimmer comes. I think I will chop it.

I have been wondering what to do about watering the plants when I do take my much needed vacation. I have an alarm system and other complicated things at my home so I do not want anyone to be responsible and I keep my growing activities secret.

If you saw me in real life you wouldn't believe I smoke weed.
I look like a typical salesman. Short hair. Always ready to put on a 2 piece suit at the drop of a hat to meet a client. When I was younger and would go out to have a beer after work, people would think I was dea or something. It is hard to score weed when you look like me. That is another reason I grow.

Anyways, when I leave on my vaca. I plan on replacing my 1000w lights with my 2 ufo led lights. These lights are not for flower but I figure for one week that should be ok. This way I would greatly reduce the heat and the plants would require less water. I wouldn't have to run my light blower fan or portable room ac. I believe this should work if I give a good watering before I leave. What do you think?

I have been wondering what to do about watering the plants when I do take my much needed vacation. I have an alarm system and other complicated things at my home so I do not want anyone to be responsible and I keep my growing activities secret.

I look like a typical salesman. Short hair. Always ready to put on a 2 piece suit at the drop of a hat to meet a client. When I was younger and would go out to have a beer after work, people would think I was dea or something. It is hard to score weed when you look like me. That is another reason I grow.

Anyways, when I leave on my vaca. I plan on replacing my 1000w lights with my 2 ufo led lights. These lights are not for flower but I figure for one week that should be ok. This way I would greatly reduce the heat and the plants would require less water. I wouldn't have to run my light blower fan or portable room ac. I believe this should work if I give a good watering before I leave. What do you think?
I Give mine a real good soak and they're good for about 5 days.

Today is day 47 of flower. From what I understand I am to take all fan leaves off so the buds will all get more light. As far as I can tell, even though it seems early. I believe the Moby Dick could be harvested at any time. The trichs are about 40% amber. and all cloudy.
As soon as my new trimmer comes. I think I will chop it.

For me she is ready! :cheer:

OK CF.

If it were me.....I'm not saying you should do this......I would set each airpot in a bucket of water filled up the level of 1/3 of the pot. My girls were drinking twice a week, so I think they could go abut 7 or so days that way. Maybe you should just grow some quick finishers.

I had a feeling you looked like that...straight arrow. When I was teaching, I was a model professor. Shot hair, the works. I like roll playing! :high-five:

I Give mine a real good soak and they're good for about 5 days.

Thanks Curso! That is great info. Some of my questions sound dumb. I have been watering these girls almost every day lately. But during the first part of flower they did not need much water at all. :high-five:

OK CF.

If it were me.....I'm not saying you should do this......I would set each airpot in a bucket of water filled up the level of 1/3 of the pot. My girls were drinking twice a week, so I think they could go abut 7 or so days that way. Maybe you should just grow some quick finishers.

I had a feeling you looked like that...straight arrow. When I was teaching, I was a model professor. Shot hair, the works. I like roll playing! :high-five:

That sounds like a great idea too! I think that would definately add a few days to a regular soaking!
:high-five:
What do you think about my idea of using the LED instead of the HPS while I am away. Maybe I have a mental block but I would feel safer for my home and plants if I had a cooler less wattage light and less electrical units running. The LED would make the plants drink less water too... I could set my LEDs in place in a few minutes. :circle-of-love:

I just finnished my second defolation. I saved all my leaves this time because my fingers were sticky and several fan leaves do have trichs on them.
My Favorite Plant so far is the Moby Dick. I have already started to have to tie her up.

Here is Tangerine Dream...I was going to take all the plants out for the defolation and prune but after I took this one out I got tired and took a nap. After I woke up I pruned the rest as they stand under the light.

This medication I am on sucks. It really takes my energy away.

420_6-13_005.JPG

Plants before defolation...
Pre_defolation_pic.JPG

Plants after defolation...
after_defolation.JPG

Hey there,
Looking great.

I think that is a great idea, using your LEDs while you are away. Also OMMs idea of letting them stand in some water when you leave!!

That is what I think too. I appreciate your opinion!! I like the idea of doing a super water also. Letting the plants stand. I seem to like to make things more complicated than they are sometimes.

I am super stoked about my new light reflector I just installed in my grow room. This one is a XXXL. It is 40 by 30 inches wide. The largest I could find. With my last reflector was the smallest size available. It was a bitch to set up but it was worth it. My temps went from 85 to 78 degrees. I might even be able to fit more plants in my space now too.

Here are some pictures of my before and after the new light reflector. It has been a busy day with the defolating and new lighting.

Before..
picture taken before grow..
journal_0062.JPG

After....
As you can tell it is almost a perfect fit..
Tight_fit1.JPG

I will be harvestin a few plants within a few weeks. Here is a view of the plants from above with the better coverage.
view_from_above.JPG

Moby Dick..
moby_dick12.JPG

Violator Kush...
violator_kush2.JPG

OG Kush has the nicest colors...
og_kush12.JPG

Purple Haze..
purple_haze1.JPG

Tangerine Dream clone in back and Moby Dick in front. As you can see. The Moby Dick has much better genes..
moby_dick_and_tangerine_dream_clone.JPG

I am going to start about 6 more seedlings tomorrow. I think I have enough room to add a few more plants with this new set up. If not. I can let them veg extra long and stuff them in when the room becomes available. After looking at all my seeds. I am going to have a hard time figuring out what I want to grow next.

Ok.... Time to get really stoned and watch the zone tube and go to bed.

That sounds like a great idea too! I think that would definately add a few days to a regular soaking!
What do you think about my idea of using the LED instead of the HPS while I am away. Maybe I have a mental block but I would feel safer for my home and plants if I had a cooler less wattage light and less electrical units running. The LED would make the plants drink less water too... I could set my LEDs in place in a few minutes. :circle-of-love:

Have to say that's a great idea about the LEDs. Good thinking CF!:thumb:

Defoliation looks great too! :cheer:

After I defoliated mine, they drank much less immediately.. I think they lose less water to transpiration?

That is a good question. I am sure there is something to that. I think it makes a lot of sense. :thumb:

Have to say that's a great idea about the LEDs. Good thinking CF!:thumb:

Defoliation looks great too! :cheer:

Thanks for the defolation comment. This is the first time I have done defolation to the plants like this. I think it should work out great.:thanks:

Also, about the Leds! I came up with the idea while high so I thought it must be a good one. It is about 4 months till I visit. So I have a lot of time to make sure I have everything figured out!

Hi CF :ciao:
I could no longer resist the magnetic pull of your grow :trance:

I was interested in your comment about the big fan leaves...I'm doing high brix (badly...lol) but using small amount of OC+ as a backup/supplement and I have GIGANTIC fan leaves??? You're the only other one I've heard mention it.

Really interested in some of your plants. I tried to grow Tangerine Dream but none of the seeds popped & I refuse to but anything else from that particular breeder. I have an OG Kush seed I got for free and I'll be using it after my current semi-practice getting back up to speed run & REALLY want to try a purple strain soon...never grown a purp before and badly want to!!!!

Keep up the good work

:goodjob:

Hi CF :ciao:
I could no longer resist the magnetic pull of your grow :trance:

I was interested in your comment about the big fan leaves...I'm doing high brix (badly...lol) but using small amount of OC+ as a backup/supplement and I have GIGANTIC fan leaves??? You're the only other one I've heard mention it.

Really interested in some of your plants. I tried to grow Tangerine Dream but none of the seeds popped & I refuse to but anything else from that particular breeder. I have an OG Kush seed I got for free and I'll be using it after my current semi-practice getting back up to speed run & REALLY want to try a purple strain soon...never grown a purp before and badly want to!!!!

Keep up the good work

:goodjob:

Glad you were pulled here! I think we are on the same frequency!! :circle-of-love:

Are you referring to the comment about cutting the fan leaves off or bending them for more light to the bud sites? Anyways, I always cut my big fan leaves that are blocking new growth all during the veg cycle. During the flower cycle, this time I trimmed heavily at day 21 and Day 47. But, every time I notice a fan leaf blocking a bud site I will remove or move it.

This oc is good stuff. I am glad you are getting great growth. :cheer:

I am going to grow a different Tangerine Dream next time. This one seems to not have the trichs like the other plants do. I will see how good it is once I harvest. I just don't have a good feeling about this plant. I hope the next Tangerine Dream is better.:lot-o-toke:

I know what you mean about certain breeders. I spent 3 months growing a Blueberry that was a total waste! The plant looked beautiful but it packed no punch. It was like a placebo plant!

I hope your OG looks as good as mine does. This plant has the best looking colors in the buds and is a quick finnisher too. It looks like it is going to be some strong smoke.

This is the first Purple strain I have grown. The second Haze. It is not turning purple but it sure looks and smells great. Much better results than the last haze I grew.

I know! Long winded answer! But it is your fault! You asked a long winded question and I have a lot of wind!! :thanks:

i agree with your idea about the leds. less heat while youre not home helps with peace of mind. =] i was on vacation for a week too, and my plants were great. i still had someone checking on them though... cuz i felt better with one person i trust knowing about it rather than just being on their own for 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom