Coloradokid Goes Brix In 2017

Thanks for the info SW! I'll have to look into the Luma Comfort swamp cooler. I have been looking into the Honeywell 125 pint evaporative cooler CO60PM.

I would like to use it once my flower room is built as well which will be roughly 8x10. Also the vernado does have a fan so I could try adding some ice but I don't want to drop the night temps as well.

I would probably definitely have the swamp cooler outside the tents for now if I got one because I would want to save room inside the tents too

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Man that's the one I have and it's rediculous! My greenhouse room is 8x13 but short 2 story and it gets super hot in there. It has 3 speeds and I can only use it on level 1. I only use level 2 or 3 when Im in the room and want to give the girls some excercise. You could even go the next size smaller w the 100pnt vs that 125pt and probably still run it on low. Those things are hurricanes. Just awesome airflow and if you can hook a hose and timer up to it you'll be loving that. Even then the res is more than large enough to run all day. Either size would work but the large is pretty overkill :D whatever you can find cheaper. The smaller one would use a touch less energy. But I believe honeywell is the best brand that I've seen and beSt bang for buck.

You can cut back on the crap it builds up by using good water and also at the end of the day before it shuts off turn the water switch off and let the fan blow the filters dry. They also have additives for sale that you can run time to time to clean them out. Also maybe drain the res every week or so. You can find the products usually when you shop on amazon. Click the honeywell cooler and underneath you'll see a best air 3BT additive for cleaning etc. Also you can pull filters and brush and hose them off. Shouldn't really be that much work and it is WELL worth it imho

You can cut back on the crap it builds up by using good water and also at the end of the day before it shuts off turn the water switch off and let the fan blow the filters dry. They also have additives for sale that you can run time to time to clean them out. Also maybe drain the res every week or so. You can find the products usually when you shop on amazon. Click the honeywell cooler and underneath you'll see a best air 3BT additive for cleaning etc. Also you can pull filters and brush and hose them off. Shouldn't really be that much work and it is WELL worth it imho

I think I'm gonna go with the 125 pint then just because I'd rather it be over kill then underkill. My flower room once done will be somewhere around 8x10 maybe a bit smaller so this should be enough for that as well. As always I appreciate the info! And I won't mind the little work as long as my girls love it!

In the description it say used with open doors and windows. I'm exhausting air outside but I'm just pulling fresh air from the house. The door to that room is open but no windows open. Would this be a problem?

3/21/16

How's it going everyone?! Lights just went out after day 5 of flower and these girls just got top dressed and filled up the pots the rest of the way with as much new soil as I could!

Tomorrow morning these girls will get their weekly Wednesday Brix spray at lights out as well.

That's all for now have a great and stoney Tuesday!

420-magazine-mobile780483156.jpg

3/21/16

How's it going everyone?! Lights just went out after day 5 of flower and these girls just got too dressed and filled up the pots the rest of the way with as much new soil as I could!

Tomorrow morning these girls will get their weekly Wednesday Brix spray at lights out as well.

That's all for now have a great and stoney Tuesday!

420-magazine-mobile780483156.jpg

Please do the spraying at lights on! There are several reasons for this:

1. stomata open prior to daylight
2. humidity drops as heat increases
3. humidity rises as heat decreases
4. due to 2 and 3, spraying with the lights off can cause rH to go too high and create issues.

Please do the spraying at lights on! There are several reasons for this:

1. stomata open prior to daylight
2. humidity drops as heat increases
3. humidity rises as heat decreases
4. due to 2 and 3, spraying with the lights off can cause rH to go too high and create issues.

Thanks for the heads up Doc!

I was worried about the light burn from the foliar spray but I am proved wrong lol

Gonna be a sea o green in there soon.

Thanks BD! I'll make sure only to fine mist from now on. I have to admit I was probably over spraying them for sure but oh well, we learn something new everyday!

As for the sea of green, I can't wait! Next time I'll veg for a bit longer though and get a bit bigger plants but I think these girls will still be decent sized. It's going to be Day 7 tonight when they wake up so we still have a bunch of stretch to watch so we will see.

Thanks again for the advice and thanks for stopping in as always!

I think I'm gonna go with the 125 pint then just because I'd rather it be over kill then underkill. My flower room once done will be somewhere around 8x10 maybe a bit smaller so this should be enough for that as well. As always I appreciate the info! And I won't mind the little work as long as my girls love it!

In the description it say used with open doors and windows. I'm exhausting air outside but I'm just pulling fresh air from the house. The door to that room is open but no windows open. Would this be a problem?

I think the 125 will be too much overkill in the 8x10. As in, even on low setting. I can about promise you. The 100 will still be overkill and if I'm wrong then youll just run it on the medium setting lol. My 8x13 ft room is two story that I used the 125 in. The floor of the second story is plywood and covered an 8x8 area. The left over floor space was open so the draft cycles down and back under. So there was somewhere for all that breeze to go. I had to find a sweet spot to not wind blast the plants. Too low and the plants up front got blasted and too high and the air bounces off the cieling and blasts the plants in the back. Also I had the thing about slammed up against the wall to help choke off its air supply so it wouldn't make so much wind. I vote for the 100. I can tell you you'll never run it on high but for a few minutes when you're present. Plus the 125 itself is HUGE and will seem like it takes up half the room. The 100 is a little smaller big still a giant machine. I tried to sell my 125 to a friend so I could buy the 100 as it is overkill for me and my room is larger than yours and with the downstairs has over twice the vplume of your room.
You will be fine with intake air coming from another room. They just say that about the doors and windows because if you don't exhaust the air the humidity will get insane. As in raining from the ceiling and also it will lose its cooling effect at that point. Honestly I'm worried the 100 will be too big for you but about positive the 125 is.
Cheers bro

I think the 125 will be too much overkill in the 8x10. As in, even on low setting. I can about promise you. The 100 will still be overkill and if I'm wrong then youll just run it on the medium setting lol. My 8x13 ft room is two story that I used the 125 in. The floor of the second story is plywood and covered an 8x8 area. The left over floor space was open so the draft cycles down and back under. So there was somewhere for all that breeze to go. I had to find a sweet spot to not wind blast the plants. Too low and the plants up front got blasted and too high and the air bounces off the cieling and blasts the plants in the back. Also I had the thing about slammed up against the wall to help choke off its air supply so it wouldn't make so much wind. I vote for the 100. I can tell you you'll never run it on high but for a few minutes when you're present. Plus the 125 itself is HUGE and will seem like it takes up half the room. The 100 is a little smaller big still a giant machine. I tried to sell my 125 to a friend so I could buy the 100 as it is overkill for me and my room is larger than yours and with the downstairs has over twice the vplume of your room.
You will be fine with intake air coming from another room. They just say that about the doors and windows because if you don't exhaust the air the humidity will get insane. As in raining from the ceiling and also it will lose its cooling effect at that point. Honestly I'm worried the 100 will be too big for you but about positive the 125 is.
Cheers bro

Thanks man, I will maybe even look into one or two sizes down then before I buy one since I don't want to spend the money if it I don't need to of course

The 100 and 125 have a garden hose hook up. That is nice if you ever take a vacation because it can top itself off. Yet being indoors I'm not sure that's an option. Then again I've been watching you grow and the Macgyver skills are strong w you :) maybe you could find a way. I know my utility sink can hook up a garden hose... it may come in handy. I'm pretty sure all the smaller models don't have that option. The 100 may be the ticket vs asking a friend to top your res off while you're out of town. Well something to consider.

The 100 and 125 have a garden hose hook up. That is nice if you ever take a vacation because it can top itself off. Yet being indoors I'm not sure that's an option. Then again I've been watching you grow and the Macgyver skills are strong w you :) maybe you could find a way. I know my utility sink can hook up a garden hose... it may come in handy. I'm pretty sure all the smaller models don't have that option. The 100 may be the ticket vs asking a friend to top your res off while you're out of town. Well something to consider.

Haha I don't know about my macgyver skill but if you say they are alright then maybe I've just been doubting myself this whole time lol

I've been looking deeper into it and honestly
I don't mind topping off the rez or having a friend if I'm gone but to be honest I don't really go places much I'm always with the girls and such lol.

I think my final decision is the 63 pint. I think it will be just fine and accommodating to my space now and when I have my flower room. It covers up to 320 sq ft which should still be more than enough

Heya CK, just stopping by to see how things are going in your world. Hope all is well and your girls are green.

Blessed Buds our friend and be well :passitleft:

Thanks AB, things are well, just noticing my Skywalker looking a bit sad though. Think it's about time to start some Epsom salts and blood meal. Just gotta run it by Doc again to make sure I know how much of what and when lol
420-magazine-mobile1941566753.jpg

Not much...just stopping by for a peek and to say hi! Everything is lookin good bro!

Thanks Beavis!

Just keeping on track. Also just grabbed some pots for next round at the store and we went up to 10 gallons! I'm excited to see how the bigger pots and longed veg time will do with some high brix girls!

Back
Top Bottom