Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed Stock

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

thanks conrad i will get something out of my seed pile lol and ill get it soaking then what size pot would be good for the final home so i can get some soil cooking in there ahead of time thanks!

If you're for a quick one 1 to 3 gal pots will hold them easily.

hi again con,i think i want to go with pyramid seeds super hash fem its supposed to harvest in sept. i will be gone 3 weeks in sept on a road trip be back about the 20th should be just in time to take her to the end what do you think about my choice i have others if you dont think thats a good candidate i also have seedsman ww and skunk #1 both fems!

Skunk #1 will be the most stable and reliable probably. Skunks branch out great and they're quick. White Widow should be equally interesting depending on the pheno. Dunno anything about Super Hash, but it sounds cool enough to have a quick hash plant for the summer :thumb:

conrad i put 3 seeds in the water i thought i would start 3 in 1 gal pots get them going a bit and let you pick the one i should use unless you want me to do it a different way i have soil going rite now cooking thanks again im getting excited about it!

You're gonna be ok, but if anything comes up just let us know!

I've used MG fertilizers for herbs before. People talk alot of bad about it, but yes there are better fertilizers out there then MG but it works. Just do flush acouple three times during it's life cycle. And stop acouple weeks before harvest. MG isn't really designed for pot. But it does work. Use to be all that was around. But it is a salt based fetilizer.
Plants are sgtarting to take off there Con. I just up-potted the first UD to something larger. I'll get to the other today. Looks like they are going to need a LARGE pot by the time she finishes. We finally got some cooler weather. We broke a 100 degrees yesterday. High for Portland area. Today we got sprinkles so far today. I have a pic of them two strains you gifted;
ud6.jpg

I have a Star variant going myself. It was a gift from Brightlights. But it has a heavy indica appearance. But It is abit leggy seeing it's crossed with Tahoe OG.
Keepem Green

I enjoy your input as always, man. Was the #3 popped from F3s? Looks like a fantastic pheno, Boom or Chem variant, kinda bushed out OG. Yeah she definitely looks like she's gonna branch out some more, so bigger pot will come in handy. This should be fast finisher with excellent calyx-to-leaf ratio and she ought to keep her size reasonable in flowering. The squatty one will probably have minimal stretch, so very low maintenance. They like a lot of calcium/magnesium and occasional shot of nitrogen in flowering, but shouldn't really be fussy or anything like that. Both look very healthy, so :high-five::tokin:

Some now avoiding MG for philosophical/political reasons since owned by Monsanto.

Oh yeah that too :tokin::passitleft:

I often strive to remind myself that logic can fail one in a garden. Plants man.... like I'm dealing with living things instead of machines with knobs.
I certainly see the truths in your disturbance words. Rocking any boat in the garden can be touchy and un-needed transplants should always be avoided. Our girlies... they do like the nice smooth ride.... Cadillac ladies rather than Porche drivers.

Word, man :passitleft:

I so dig watching other folks grow out the UDs to larger form factors than my world permits.
Is there a word that combines drooling and jealousy.... I bet there is.... if not, we apparently need one.

Yeah I'm quite impressed with what people get from this pool of phenos, there are probably 10 expressions there including the rarer ones... and as I say 40% of females are excellent, 40% are good to very good and about 20% should be culled straight away. Worth mentioning is also the male population here with some incredible specimens for further breeding and full adaptability to heavy weather conditions. Who knew these seeds would go on a trip like that? Well I'm proud to say this is the best I can offer in terms of spreading the wealth :laughtwo::tokin::allgood:

that would be droolousy lol!

A new feeling that just had to be invented by someone, cause we live in the world where words never suffice :nicethread:

Re: Conradino23's Another Outdoor Grow With High Brix Soil - Air-Pots & SoCal Seed St

conrad my wife and i got on pinterest and looked up some of the dishes you posted looks like good eats glad you had a good time there!

Some now avoiding MG for philosophical/political reasons since owned by Monsanto.

Once upon a time we used peter's professional 20-20-20 and hit the plants with MG 15-30-15 in bloom. It was the 80's and we didn't know better. And it worked good.
. . Me and my hippie friends now avoid MG for that said reason. Cheers. :peace:

Once upon a time we used peter's professional 20-20-20 and hit the plants with MG 15-30-15 in bloom. It was the 80's and we didn't know better. And it worked good.

It was green Rapidgro in veg and blue MG in bloom for us! :thumb:

morning conrad one of the s hash already cracked its in the dirt one of those seeds looks like some kind of morph so i am also germing a skunk!

have a good one!

THIS ^^^

I absolutely indulge myself when my wife's Sicilian relatives put out a few sauces. I know these are from the north, but still...

... but still they're top of the line. Oh this little pasta shop had absolutely amazing food!

Yeah it's kind of rich, so you'd probably have to dilute it really well!

I used MG for years outdoors, called blue water.

Blue water :cheesygrinsmiley:

All that food looks fantastic Conrad :thumb: Digging the ink on your arm

Oh yeah ink has been part of my life for a very long time too :thumb:

It was green Rapidgro in veg and blue MG in bloom for us! :thumb:

As old school as it gets!

mamma mia

Definitely!

morning conrad one of the s hash already cracked its in the dirt one of those seeds looks like some kind of morph so i am also germing a skunk!

have a good one!

Buh a dud! Yeah just toss it, these seeds happen everywhere and they never grow right and never produce!

Ah pesto worms! They look so good I could wear them.

The great thing about growing garlic was harvesting the scapes (or rocambole) of the hardnecks before harvesting the garlic bulbs. They are otherwise impossible to find here in the states. I made pesto out of the scapes (cut them into segments and flash boil them for about 30 second) then chop then up with basil, sauteed walnuts in olive oil, and Parmesan in the Cuisinart and.... manjia! It goes with anything. Pasta, chicken, potatoes, as a dip. I would make large batches and freeze it to eat the rest of the year. Pesto is like chili though, and there are many variables. Typically here it is made with pine nuts (prohibitively expensive), basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, and Parmesan.

I make my own pasta from scratch using 3 types of flour (no egg), and I have two hand crank pasta machines with a lot of different die cutters. Fettuccine, linguini, spaghetti, lasagna, etc. I typically make cream sauces with them and add mushrooms, shrimp, and chicken. I also grow basil, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, lavender, and Turkish Bay for seasoning. I also buy a lot of dried noodles like mostacelli, fucilli, bow ties and shells, and make salads and mac and cheese. Ah, I have to go eat a snack now... this thread is giving me the munchies!

Miracle Grow is not owned by Monsanto and it never was. The parent company is Scotts Miracle Grow, and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (traded under SMG). Scotts has an agreement with Monsanto to sell Roundup under their label in North America, and they have GMO agreements with Monsanto for grass cultivars. But Scotts and MG were never owned by Monsanto, yet people go off the deep end thinking that they are?

There are other brands of water soluble ferts out there, like Grow More, Southern Ag, Proven Winners, K-Grow, Jacks, yadda yadda. I use whatever is on sale. I also use other ferts, including urine, blood meal, wood ash, Osmocote, etc. I have been growing weed for 40 some odd years now, and I grew organic for 6 years. I found it to be limiting, and organic under US law is not what I consider organic. So I practice what is called biodynamic growing methods. A combination of conventional and organic methods.

Many consider conventional methods as a sin, and label me as a GMO/Monsanto loving, mono cultural Nazi because I use MG on my weed. I left another big weed forum because of that. Whatever floats their boat. I do not support GMO or mono culture, or the Nazi Party, but looking at the facts and results, conventional methods can get you about 2x the yield, and at about 1/3 the cost, including growing Cannabis. Here is an article from Scientific American that blows a lot of holes through several of the organic paradigms... if you care to look:

Mythbusting 101: Organic Farming > Conventional Agriculture - Scientific American Blog Network

Miracle Grow is not owned by Monsanto and it never was. The parent company is Scotts Miracle Grow, and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (traded under SMG). Scotts has an agreement with Monsanto to sell Roundup under their label in North America, and they have GMO agreements with Monsanto for grass cultivars. But Scotts and MG were never owned by Monsanto, yet people go off the deep end thinking that they are?

There are other brands of water soluble ferts out there, like Grow More, Southern Ag, Proven Winners, K-Grow, Jacks, yadda yadda. I use whatever is on sale. I also use other ferts, including urine, blood meal, wood ash, Osmocote, etc. I have been growing weed for 40 some odd years now, and I grew organic for 6 years. I found it to be limiting, and organic under US law is not what I consider organic. So I practice what is called biodynamic growing methods. A combination of conventional and organic methods.

Many consider conventional methods as a sin, and label me as a GMO/Monsanto loving, mono cultural Nazi because I use MG on my weed. I left another big weed forum because of that. Whatever floats their boat. I do not support GMO or mono culture, or the Nazi Party, but looking at the facts and results, conventional methods can get you about 2x the yield, and at about 1/3 the cost, including growing Cannabis. Here is an article from Scientific American that blows a lot of holes through several of the organic paradigms... if you care to look:

Mythbusting 101: Organic Farming > Conventional Agriculture - Scientific American Blog Network

For what it is worth, Scott's Miracle-Gro has EXCLUSIVE rights to sell Roundup in US and europe and are a long time partner with Monsanto due to complementary transgenic GMO technology.

They own Smith and Hawkins, Osmocote, General Hydroponics, and Gavita (among others.)

As a corporation, they have a legal obligation to behave as a sociopathic human would, striving to make money for their shareholders. Performing their businesss with apahetic disregard to human and animal life, but sensitive to being caught dealing death, they are, in my opinion, no better or worse than hundreds of other publicly held corporations. If they have negatively or positively impacted lives, it is a mere byproduct of the insatiable desire to make more and more profit each year.

Ah pesto worms! They look so good I could wear them.

The great thing about growing garlic was harvesting the scapes (or rocambole) of the hardnecks before harvesting the garlic bulbs. They are otherwise impossible to find here in the states. I made pesto out of the scapes (cut them into segments and flash boil them for about 30 second) then chop then up with basil, sauteed walnuts in olive oil, and Parmesan in the Cuisinart and.... manjia! It goes with anything. Pasta, chicken, potatoes, as a dip. I would make large batches and freeze it to eat the rest of the year. Pesto is like chili though, and there are many variables. Typically here it is made with pine nuts (prohibitively expensive), basil, olive oil, garlic cloves, and Parmesan.

I make my own pasta from scratch using 3 types of flour (no egg), and I have two hand crank pasta machines with a lot of different die cutters. Fettuccine, linguini, spaghetti, lasagna, etc. I typically make cream sauces with them and add mushrooms, shrimp, and chicken. I also grow basil, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, lavender, and Turkish Bay for seasoning. I also buy a lot of dried noodles like mostacelli, fucilli, bow ties and shells, and make salads and mac and cheese. Ah, I have to go eat a snack now... this thread is giving me the munchies!

In Italy chicken in pasta sauce is unthinkable, seasoning is very minimal too, but you seem to have a good grip on Italian cuisine after all :thumb: It's true that there are pine nuts (pinoli) in original pesto genovese, but I didn't know if they were available in US or how much they cost. Thanks for setting the record straight :high-five:

Yeah conrad I have been getting tattooed since a little before I was supposed to be able to. I grew up with parents that had tattoos and that kinda set me on the path

Maybe we should start inked growers group ;)

top o the morning to ya!

And to you too.

Fact checking should be a crucial part of news reading and you're right on Scott's Miracle Gro not being owned by Monsanto. They've been collaborating for 20 years though and SMG has injected money into Monsanto to renew the deal.

Full list of SMG owned companies or brands in US:

Black Magic

Blossom

Bovung

Earthgro

Ecoscraps

Gavita

General Hydroponics

Greenlight

Hyponex

Miracle-Gro

Ortho

Ortho Elementals

Osmocote

Scotts

Scotts Lawn Service

Supersoil

TOMCAT

Vermicrop Organics

Whitney Farms

In The United Kingdom SMG also owns:

Celaflor

Evergreen

Fertiligene

Gavita Holland B.V.

KB

Pathclear

Scotts Ecosense

Substral

Weedol

Now I have never used MG or any other synthetic nutrients. I actually don't even use chelated organic nutrients, but I can tell you from my own experience and research that with any variation of SuperSoil (steroid organic approach) you can easily get 5 lbs dry from an outdoor plant that is a good producer. I even heard about 7 lb plants for that matter. Now is it little? I personally think it's quite a lot and it easily competes with a line of PHd synthetic nutes injected from start till finish. But it definitely isn't cost-effective, especially if you're a bottom liner thinking about you're wholesale price. I definitely understand budget issues though. You know I've been through ups and downs in my life too, so I get it. I'm really far from being a moralist too. You know I've never been like "you have to do this, you have to do that", I take it easy with other people. Everybody has to make choices and I respect them even if I would never go the same way. I was fascinated by large yielders in my time or how you can grow them big and tall, but with time I understood you either grow for quality or for quantity and it's hard to embrace both worlds in the same time. In my opinion nothing beats LOS and High Brix methods combined together and although I consider my grows 95% organic (let's be honest here, you know) I'm convinced you don't need labels, certifications or government regulations to collaborate with natural ways and minimise your negative impact on the environment... the market is a part of the environment in my worldview and you can promote or discourage certain things simply by making conscious consumer decisions. Ok, enough with the rant :rollit:

For what it is worth, Scott's Miracle-Gro has EXCLUSIVE rights to sell Roundup in US and europe and are a long time partner with Monsanto due to complementary transgenic GMO technology.

They own Smith and Hawkins, Osmocote, General Hydroponics, and Gavita (among others.)

As a corporation, they have a legal obligation to behave as a sociopathic human would, striving to make money for their shareholders. Performing their businesss with apahetic disregard to human and animal life, but sensitive to being caught dealing death, they are, in my opinion, no better or worse than hundreds of other publicly held corporations. If they have negatively or positively impacted lives, it is a mere byproduct of the insatiable desire to make more and more profit each year.

Monsanto's Roundup is a huge issue here in EU. It's not carcinogenic our chemical agency says, but there are other downsides beside that. ATM there's a very popular initiative to ban it from all EU countries and it seems it's gonna happen. In the meantime these regulations are in place as emergency measures:

- A ban of a co-formulant POE-tallowamine from glyphosate-based products
- Obligations to reinforce scrutiny of pre-harvest use of glyphosate
- Minimizing the use in specific areas such as public parks and playgrounds

As far as making money is concerned... well that's why SMG has been buying cannabis-related fertiliser companies, hasn't it.

:hmmmm::passitleft:

Some shots of my bonsai ladies in flowering on this mostly cloudy day with some sun nonetheless :surf:

together9.JPG

CG '72 in 5th or 6th week of flowering... I don't remember to be honest and cause she's not very much on schedule I don't try to count. She's growing very fluffy buds, she likes higher RH and occasional shot of nitrogen, but she's pretty much low maintenance strain. Smell for now is still relatively light, but has been growing stronger after last feeding and it's spice with something pissy on the top, quite typical for a landrace sativa. Brix today is at 26 points, juice from a medium size leaf was abundant.

cg12.JPG
cg21.JPG
cg31.JPG
cg41.JPG
cg51.JPG
cg61.JPG
cg7.JPG
cg8.JPG
cg9.JPG

UD has just started her 5th week of flowering as the journal says, which means she's on schedule and all she's left is 5-7 days to chop. Around 2-3% amber trichs at this point. The smell is mango/vanilla (you could call it creamy) with fuel expressed stronger as she enters late bloom. Pretty much low maintenance too with no stretch at this point and very little leaf growth. She's just pumping up buds and the biggest one is quite dense. I should've vegged her much longer for more branching and bigger yield, but it's ok as a sample. Brix is at 21 points today, which means it went up 6 points from early flowering after CAT and another feeding.

ud28.JPG
ud18.JPG
ud36.JPG
ud41.JPG
ud51.JPG
ud81.JPG
ud61.JPG
ud7.JPG
ud91.JPG

That's it folks :slide::tokin:

As far as making money is concerned... well that's why SMG has been buying cannabis-related fertiliser companies, hasn't it.

:hmmmm::passitleft:

I wonder how many opinionated people understand why food isn't scarce in the world, even though the population has doubled in my lifetime, and how many people remember the dire warnings of the 70s about peak agricultural production, shrinking farmland acreage, etc.

Outside the boundaries of my small burg, from horizon to horizon for miles on end, lie hundreds of commodity crop farms, the ones that produce corn and wheat and soybeans and sunflowers in volume, the farms that produce the world's food supply. All your bread products and vegetable oils come from here, but more importantly, the carbohydrate supply for the entire planet comes from here.

A sparkling pure world, where everyone lives 100 years with no diseases is my fervent desire. :cheesygrinsmiley: But meanwhile, I'm pleased that there's enough food in the world to feed the people we already have and the ones that will be born to them. And I bet there are more people in the world who are grateful for a steady supply of carbs, than there are people who are especially picky about where they came from.

The danger in the debate comes from presuming to make these decision for others.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom