Cottage 420's Organic Perpetual Indoor Garden

Update..

Last plant standing was DT #8 so after a 110 day flower cycle I got tired of looking at her and finally chopped her down. She was just way to big. I could have let her go probably at least 2-3 more weeks. She was starting a 2nd wind.

Anyway the flowers are big, she's a VERY large plant on the hook and the room she's hanging from smells awesome. A HUGE amount of terpines in this one and as expected.
Durban Poison x Acapulco Gold.. huge terpine profile, menthol and lemons with a little dirt funk in there. Will be doing some test nuggage later today!

DT #8 - Main Cola @ the roof... this is a very large flower. Its like the size of my leg no sh$t and it grew right up thru the middle of the lamp thats @ 7' ish.
She was on her 3rd set of fan leaves... even the 3rd set were huge much larger than my hand. The orange glow is the 1750K COBs ... she seemed to really like them and they weren't too strong for her... no light burns at all.

DT #8 - side bud... putting out some fox tail and 2nd wind... I called it done. Moving on.....I have mothers (several) and seeds from a few earlier plants of this cut. The mothers are in #3 pots and keep growing @ 4-5' tall.. I cant tame them. 1 plant I lopped off to toss in compost and didn't get the btm row of branches ... I said WTF let it grow.. she took off the next day. Amazing amount of energy and vigor, very very hardy.

Next Round -getting going fast... 2-3 weeks of flower:

Black Hyena - Blue Dream x Blue Dream x Widow Mix (WW mixed with unknown). Seeds from a friend :Namaste: & many blessings.

BLack Hyena - these are the VEG version b-4 flip to flower. BH #1 and #2 went maybe 4 weeks in VEG. BH #3 & #4 went 5 weeks in VEG and #5 went 6 weeks-ish.

BH #1 & 2 @ 6 days of 12/12

BH #1 & 2 @ 15 days of 12/12. Stretching and still now flowers. Confirmed females tho.

BH #3 & #4 - @ 8 days and 5 days in 12/12 lighting. Just getting started.

BH #5 - day 1 of 12/12. She yellowed quite a bit in VEG. Not sure why, probably a heavy feeder as she's for sure a different pheno than the other 4. After up-pot her main cola has begun greening up some. So she's a keeper. I don't have patience for plants that require me to nurse maid. They grow or go in compost. It's all good. We had that chat and she's decided to stick around... good choice on her part. Loppers are still handy tho...I'll just set them against the wall back there to remind her of our convo.

Buffalato #3 - @ 21ish days of 12/12 - just started flowering.. pistols are still fresh and light green, should be white today.

There's DT #9 in the back there. I had to do a lot of cutting back on the DT and I think I need to do some more. She would take up the entire room if I let her go. Take a look and the thichness of her main stem down at the soil line.

Black Hyena - family pic ..

It looks like a great outdoor plant :)

Magic beans Mister Jack. Be careful they don't overgrow your tent.......

GL and Keepem Green

DT gone wild is going to be a taxing tough trim. Says something about the quality to put up with the trim. :goodjob:
Agreed....Just look at that thing.
full

my goodness you grow some monsters i dont no if i would turn my back on that one she might just grab your and throw it out of there,all joking aside nice work bob!

That DT - when I took off the skirt wire all the colas fell right down to the ground.. bam just like that, the only thing standing was that big main shoot that was 7' tall! Should have taken a vid.

110 days with these landrace sativa and the longer we go the bigger the plant. I could see this plant getting 20' tall outdoors easy. Water would be the main challenge.

It's all genetics.. I hope, over the long term that all these poly-hybrids everyone loves will be able to stand the test of time genetically. I'm skeptical but also hopeful.

I have a handful of some Landrace seeds I've collected. I'm starting to feel like I need to be mindful when popping these seeds and be sure to do something to help retain the genetics that have a lot of vigor and health along with the rest of the goodness.

Instead of just consuming all the time, must - pass it on. :passitleft:

Trimming DT is a dream.... There's soo much terpines I get gassed .. can only trim for about 4 hrs at a time on this one. So prolly a 2 day thing with that beast.

Sub'd for the bud pics..??

Thinking the Buffalato #3 is going to be a green pheno I'm thinking. The dark purple is from the Dolato side?? High A/F and spouting ... O/L.

thank goodness for soft wire tie lol a 110 days wow i cant do one of those tall ones i have to lst them,you should covet those seeds those pure genetics wont be around anymore,thats pretty cool you get high while your trimming i like that,so that buffalato is a creature all its own,and yes im subbed for the flower pics and anything i can learn you have alot going on here and its all nice good job bob!:cool:

Thanks Sticky... yea when I untied the wire ties.... FA-LOPP - 360degrees flop every cola hit the floor. What a handful. The main cola was still stuck in the lights too so it was a fire drill trying to get that thing outta there without messiing other plants up too much.
When I finally wrestled her out, felt like she weighed 10#s or more. She was a beast. That stuff gets me excited... wrestling plants out at harvest time!

More trimming to do. My trim tray is the fullest I've ever seen it. Colas are stacked like fire weed.

damn... Plant wrestling...That would have me all excited too!! A full trim tray means full jars! Cant go wrong with that! Love what you do sir!

If you dont mind me asking, What is your harvest/cure routine? Taking my ladies down at midnight tonight
:D:thanks: in advance!

Happy 420 everybody.. woohoo .. it's 4:20 somewhere and today its everywhere!! Yay us.

Harvest cure routine for me:

Chop plant and hang on hook - trim off all fan leaves

Hang plants upside down for several days with a fan or 2 on them - light breeze

Wait for a crispy feeling when squeezing buds - (do not waiting for crispy stems). This is important so this will give you a window to trim.. if you wait till snappy stem then you HAVE to trim ASAP. I like a little le-way with time so anytime AFTER the buds feel crispy .. time to trim

Trim - trim buds like I'm gonna take em down to the dispensary trim. Save trim for hash

Cure - into 1/2 gal Mason jars.

Take lids off mason jars for 2-4 days in a row for 20 min to a day depending on how moist they were going in. If they were dry-ish the 10-20 minutes is enough. Sniff sniff... umm ummm

Thing I'm trying to avoid is any mildew/mold smell. That can ruin - as it toss in compost ruin - your entire harvest.

So Burping... when I'm in jars.. usually only needs to be a few days.

If the buds are moist or its humid out, I'll leave the lids off sometimes 20 hrs or so.
I have a curing cabinet ... vintage old world deal cherry wood.
So leaving the lids off in the cabinet is not going to be a problem if I forget! I've done that ...

After a few days then I add in 62% large Boveda pack to each jar and seal, done for a month or 2.

After the cure.. the buds are too moist to puff so I need to take them out of jars for a day or 2 (boveda packs are the reason) and let the buds crisp up enough to roll a big fatty and/or fill my vaporizer.

Flowers can stay stored like that for a VERY long time. I still have my very first plant top colas SEVERAL years old.... Sativa..

I'm gonna get some out to celebrate tonight... report back!

Cheers everybody - happy 420

Shout out to :420: would be here without then and all you all!

IGTBU - Its good to be us. Yeah you right!

Drive-by my friend,

Have a Great 420 and Enjoy

Keepem Green

Happy 420 everybody.. woohoo .. it's 4:20 somewhere and today its everywhere!! Yay us.

Wait for a crispy feeling when squeezing buds - (do not waiting for crispy stems). This is important so this will give you a window to trim.. if you wait till snappy stem then you HAVE to trim ASAP. I like a little le-way with time so anytime AFTER the buds feel crispy .. time to trim

Trim - trim buds like I'm gonna take em down to the dispensary trim. Save trim for hash

Take lids off mason jars for 2-4 days in a row for 20 min to a day depending on how moist they were going in. If they were dry-ish the 10-20 minutes is enough. Sniff sniff... umm ummm

Thing I'm trying to avoid is any mildew/mold smell. That can ruin - as it toss in compost ruin - your entire harvest.

If the buds are moist or its humid out, I'll leave the lids off sometimes 20 hrs or so.
So leaving the lids off in the cabinet is not going to be a problem if I forget! I've done that ...

After a few days then I add in 62% large Boveda pack to each jar and seal, done for a month or 2.

After the cure.. the buds are too moist to puff so I need to take them out of jars for a day or 2 (boveda packs are the reason) and let the buds crisp up enough to roll a big fatty and/or fill my vaporizer.

Flowers can stay stored like that for a VERY long time. I still have my very first plant top colas SEVERAL years old.... Sativa..

Great info brown in the when to trim time I will use that logic going forward .

Happy 420 brotha from Canada man :passitleft:

thanks so much for the great info once again! Happy 420 and enjoy those buds!!
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom