Critical Kush Guerrilla Garden

Looks awesome already, bet it's easy moving stuff round in that tent! Interested to see how growing with HPS goes as I almost went in that direction and may do in future

Thank you, I appreciate it mate. It's too bare at the mo but can get 12 in there with a safe bit of room for the plants.

HPS are a bit finicky for seedlings and vegging. Through experience I know I can get a better quality bud using the HPS all the way through. I've used CFLs for vegging and got better yields but not the potency I've had using HPS for both stages.

Its a big outlay financially compared to other lights and comes with a load of new problems (heat, heat, heat!) but I've not known any other way. BUT I need to try an LED set up. I nearly caused people to bear arms asking HPS vs LED a few months ago, think the only way is to try it myself ;)

Thank you, I appreciate it mate. It's too bare at the mo but can get 12 in there with a safe bit of room for the plants.

HPS are a bit finicky for seedlings and vegging. Through experience I know I can get a better quality bud using the HPS all the way through. I've used CFLs for vegging and got better yields but not the potency I've had using HPS for both stages.

Its a big outlay financially compared to other lights and comes with a load of new problems (heat, heat, heat!) but I've not known any other way. BUT I need to try an LED set up. I nearly caused people to bear arms asking HPS vs LED a few months ago, think the only way is to try it myself ;)

Hahaha ... oh the LED Vs HPS! Each to ya own I say whatever works!

I vegged with CFL's and flowering under LED although it got so cold today I stuck my big CFL in the tent aswell to warm things up more as my 600W LED doesn't create much heat (less than 2x 200W CFL's actually) so LED are great in that respect (unless like today when it's -1 outside lol)

That's why I went with LED in the end and not HPS as exhausting heat was a concern.

Looking forward to seeing your grow progress .

1 week old at 8 o clock tonight GMT. I'm happy so far, humidity was low on the morning check, been raising it ever since but needs checking every so often

420-magazine-mobile1334636624.jpg

420-magazine-mobile611776577.jpg

I knooow, it's a killer. Went to bed about 3:39 so I might need a power nap later ;)

I'm at 56 now from 38 this morning (the 4am one). It's been a whirlwind of mucking about with the heating, opening and closing windows trying to get a natural wind tunnel to hit the fans I've already got going in.

It's been that cold you'd think White Walkers are close by. Tis' keeping me up at night trying to maintain but I've always believed in staying humble. If I don't get up at 4 am im waking up later nice and refreshed, unlike my plants would be!

Your a couple of days ahead of me on my second grow im running a freebie Blue Kush auto to piggyback off my first grow were im 70 days in to a photo bagseed. They grow up so fast dont they? I look forward to seeing the difference between a kush photo and a kush auto grow so ill be following along :high-five:

First question. Your light seems a little yellow for veg, from what I have read here on these forums the plants like the warmer blue spectrum. Is there a reason you chose this light?

First question. Your light seems a little yellow for veg, from what I have read here on these forums the plants like the warmer blue spectrum. Is there a reason you chose this light?

There is. I use HPS at a low wattage and gently increase it all the way through to flower. I've been using this system for a while now and understand that HPS doesn't give off as much of the 'blue light' that's desirable during vegging.

But after experimenting with what are more well used and well known vegging light systems, I found I got a slightly better yield but bud that was 'alright' rather than the 'help they're coming, they're coming' buzz I get using HPS all the way for veg and flower.

Through experience (thirteen years man and boy) I've got used to going from seed to harvest on the HPS and get better results for potency. I estimate I lose 20% of the final yield but with a flow of replica gardens the 20% loss is more than made up for (unless people have that Negative Ned attitude and say that the 20% is now multiplied by x amount of gardens)

I've got my own way of doing things. Culturally, our gardening practices are at complete polar opposites. I assume you have the freedom to garden as you like (within reason) whereas some might say I'm being naughty by tending mine. We're not in the habit of having experimental grows (NEED to try LEDs) as it can put a person in the spotlight for a minor thing. They tend to be 'go hard or go home' grows.

Which leads me onto the conclusion of this waffling chapter (sorry mate ;) )

HPS and MH cover more area. We need to make the most of EVERY available space in a property. 90% of grows are in and out jobs using SOG technique to get the plant done as quick as possible. Just a lot more of the little buggers packed into the space.

And I'm basically a stubborn so and so. Ive been using this system (tent, fans, extractor, lights...everything!) for my last 4 grows and get a banging bit of bud at the end. If it's not broken don't fix it ;)

Sorry I went in then mate. Volume II tomorrow.....

No but im sure ill have alot more questions. Everything I've leared is from these 420 boards. One of those things I've picked up on is that there is always something new to learn.

As helpful as they are they can also be a hindrance. There's too much info that can overload a grower who needs a simple answer!

You're right about learning in the long run. The majority of growers here where I am are a secretive bunch still using outdated, less efficacious methods. It goes against everything I know to come on social media (I tried convincing myself 420 isn't but it is ;) but with legislation on a very blurry horizon it was worth poking my head above the parapet to see what was going on over the pond.

First time I saw a 'blurple' I did that thing puppies do when they cock their head.

Keep it simple and keep asking questions, I'll sub into your grow and if you post asking for help ill try and have a go :)

420-magazine-mobile1948974470.jpg

420-magazine-mobile583917566.jpg

Hopefully got through week one without too much aggravation. I repotted after a few days as they stretched (my fault for using HPS Dom2mac ;) but there has been little if any after effects from what could have been a round one knock out for the bubbas.

One more week of squeaky bum time as I hope and pray to the bud gods they make it through. Healthy, green and humble...all I can do is stay diligent and be ready to act if anything pops up, mistakes won't sort themselves out!

Back
Top Bottom