Curso's True High Brix!

man bro...im debating that looking into the tent now....as much as I like my mars II's they are costing me a small fortune to run....lets put it to a vote with you guys.

Choice A. run the mars and finish the opp
B. Leave it as is and run a plat on one side and the mars II on the other or...
C. run both platinums

Finish this one and then run one of each next time, it won't give you the best results since the light will blend but certain buds will show how well each light does.

OK after typing that I say never mind because the platinum can be put closer then the mars2, run the 2 Platinum and see what they got.

Here is a side by side with the platinum 450 on the left and the mars II 1200 on the right...
IMG_65295.JPG

Sweet!!!

Part of me says finish out and you'll have another solid baseline using the Mars II's as you have this grow. On the other hand, OPP is one of the nicest plants I've seen on here in awhile and if these lights put out that much more PAR the produce should benefit as well. hmmm

Part of me says finish out and you'll have another solid baseline using the Mars II's as you have this grow. On the other hand, OPP is one of the nicest plants I've seen on here in awhile and if these lights put out that much more PAR the produce should benefit as well. hmmm

I agree bro we all know th yield on this plant is already going to be through the roof. I, like many other kit users really yield comes second to quality. Now I love a massive yield don't get me wrong, but if I lose 1/2 oz to have some crazy terps....I call that a good exchange.

Now you guys know how well I know my plant. I have noticed in the short time that the platinum has been in there that, there is one branch/bud that is half in the whiter light of the mars and the wider spectrum of the Platinum. Now If I took a pic you guys wouldnt really notice it like I do. However, this one is leaning and growing into the platinum's light. One big fan is in the new one in the old the bud is like "hey I dig this shit over here"...IDK man hard choice....

Alright.. finally back in the captains chair for a bit and able to absorb today's developments. Looks like we're off and running with some serious action! Super stoked to get those 450s in experienced and unbiased hands.

Good, then I can ask why the green light? I thought green light was invisible?

No, we do not use any green (550nm-ish - 570nm-ish) wavelengths. Those are the 480nm and 460nm diodes that come out looking a little green in photos..

..and yes, in the P450 we use 4 IR and 2 UV bulbs.

The platinum side is pushing longer pistils now too. The mars side's are kinda stubby in comparison....

Now let's everyone pause for the cause for a moment and realize.. that all of these conclusions are after only a few hours of use. A few hours of use! Imagine what an entire grow is like!

We can't stress enough how this is what we've been saying all along! That using cheap, inferior 5w LED grow lights just to save a buck or two will only cost you way more money in the short and long run in not only decreased yield and performance but with twice or three times the energy draw and heat! Not to mention safety issues as some of you may remember the little fun with fire hazard that Curso already had with one of his Mars lights.

When you get down to it.. what are you really saving? Nothing. You're spinning your wheels with inferior products that have now cost you money, time and possibly safety.

:peace:

Alright.. finally back in the captains chair for a bit and able to absorb today's developments. Looks like we're off and running with some serious action! Super stoked to get those 450s in experienced and unbiased hands.

No, we do not use any green (550nm-ish - 570nm-ish) wavelengths. Those are the 480nm and 460nm diodes that come out looking a little green in photos..

Now let's everyone pause for the cause for a moment and realize.. that all of these conclusions are after only a few hours of use. A few hours of use! Imagine what an entire grow is like!

We can't stress enough how this is what we've been saying all along! That using cheap, inferior 5w LED grow lights just to save a buck or two will only cost you way more money in the short and long run in not only decreased yield and performance but with twice or three times the energy draw and heat! Not to mention safety issues as some of you may remember the little fun with fire hazard that Curso already had with one of his Mars lights.

When you get down to it.. what are you really saving? Nothing. You're spinning your wheels with inferior products that have now cost you money, time and possibly safety.

Faaaaak wish my lights were here!!!!! Stoking for you bro. LOL mark text me told me you were tripping on da panels. FricknA so dope.

Man let me put it like this, I am loyal, almost to a fault. If I use something and stand by it. It's truth well, its my truth. Right?!?

Having that been said, I had to take both top's out. My bedroom dropped 10 degrees after an hour with the big door and side door open. Man, had I done that with the top's in there it would have been in the low 90's in my bedroom with the AC not on auto, on full fuckin blast. So while I stood there for actually a couple hours of observing what my plant was doing (mind you I haven't even watered her yet today) she was thrilled to be in the Platinum light. Whatever they put in there was like plant crack, the buds on that side of the plant started swelling, the mars side stayed the same. Many of you know me as a fighter, I am a put up or shut up kind of person. Mark put it up with a royal flush. I had to hang both, I couldn't let one side be all happy and jealous...I'd have a funny plant.

As many of you who have read this thread my best friend grows too. I had to tell him what I thought. Here's the deal, I think the mars 1200's drew around 700w each....The 450 is 234 each...2 lights for less than the cost of one. And the par output....holy shit my plant liked it.
IMG_65342.JPG

I'll start working on a new thread after I eat.

Tav...fuck bro...your gonna be blown away with those lights....

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom