Curso's True High Brix!

:rofl: i hear that! its saturday here, you must be excited- your tent will be there today 2moro :cheesygrinsmiley:
just curious Curso, do you have a favourite strain?? im looking at cash croppers like critical mass, thc bomb and possibly some dr underground strains... but i dont want to compromise too much on quality of course, thc bomb i understand is like 20-25%thc as well as a great cropper.. would you have any recommendations that i could add to my next list?? im thinking i want a blue flavor too.. possibly blue dream. any thoughts would be very welcome indeed :]

all the best bro /|\

My favorite is by far Sour Diesel, I have smoked that Critical Mass and Critical Kush (big producer) they were both great. Our commercial strain here is that AK. Can't be beat, fast (60 days in hydro), really,really big, has the smell and bag appeal. I just got HSO's Pineapple Skunk not to long ago, it's their commercial strain (2 are flowering now 12/12 from seed to check them out). We'll see how it fares against the AK. I did transplant 3 clones of the pineapple skunk to veg with the gsc next round. I have smoked the HSO Blue Dream, its fantastic. The guy said that it produced pretty well, I didn't ask him much he's kind of a douche bag, I kinda can't stand talking to him to be honest. There are quite a few blue dream journals going right now.

It seems my HB grow has become the test kitchen for us. It's funny, I gave my buddy a CVK clone (same mother as my last round) while mine smelled and looked like a bag of skittles, his is purple/green and has the lemon pledge stench. I'm going with the HB being the winner. His still has like 10 days to go and is a cola about as long as my forearm, again he had some issues that we sorted out while this tray was working. So it's not really his best effort. We'll have access to some skywalker ogk (Reserva Privada) clones soon too.

Yes very excited to get the new tent. The vegging plants will be some happy ladies now that they'll have some room to stretch, I'll be happy not sweating the vertical space. I am currently in a 5" tall tent, with the light and the filter hanging I have like 3'8" of usable space. While it does keep things interesting, I would rather want to bend them, than have to. So I am taking 2 of the 3 tents down, the broken one and the mom tent. Now that I can veg properly I don't have a need for mother plants. These HB plants clone well I had 99% success with the GSC (I lost one damn it), 100% with everything else (CVK, pineapple skunk, toxic blue 33). I'm going to take a bunch of sour diesel clones and get them rolling. I might flower the mom now that I have the space we'll see if I can fit her in without cramming them in there.

Anyways...Pics later :high-five:

Okay new tent is up and filled. The vegging plants went into flower, I took Sour Diesel clones and cleaned the mother up and put her in to flower as well. New space is great I love it, wife isn't all to happy about it being where it is but, she'll deal with it for a little while :) I took pics of the transplanted clones and mostly everything in the flower tent (I don't think the sour diesel mom is in the pic).

IMG_144315.JPG
IMG_144414.JPG

:peace::passitleft::peace:

Thats awesome Curso. You wont know what to do with all that vertical space! I think 2 good sized tents will be perfect for you. Well, 2 good sized rooms would be perfect, but that is asking too much I think, lol.

What tent did you go with again? and what did you give for it?

I gave up 138 dollars for a 4x4x7 light house hydro, I have its little brother for the veg tent. Amazon is great for shit like that ;)

It made my plants look much bigger than they looked all packed in that other tent. The sour diesel #2 that is flowering is getting super frosty, almost hairy like my buddies...mine have 3-4 weeks still to go :) Cationic drench is pretty badass, I'm sold on it. Can't wait to smoke of this round of diesel.

Well I got a nice Ghost pepper plant the other day, I was debating how I wanted to grow such amazingly hot peppers. It ended up being HB of course. It got transplanted into 2nd run soil with roots and transplant water with a touch of tea. I'm going to leave them outside (I have a southern exposure) so they'll be some happy plants getting the leftovers from my grow.

My grow is great, I have nothing to do to it today. They're all really happy plants in their new area. I am happy to have that whole set-up/break down over with. I never realized how much shit I have collected up there over this small amount of time. It's all together now, I ended up just replacing all the connecting pieces in the tent that broke with proper tent corners (grow lab's are thick and heavy duty) because it allowed me to get the closet doors on.

The plants that were in veg really like being in the light, I had them vegging in 300w of MH so now that they are in the 600 they really took off in the last couple days. One of the GSC is already showing sex (2 days of flower...:yikes:), the CVK is going to be MASSIVE, I probably should have grabbed some 7gl pots for what I just put into flower. This week is week 4 for a couple GCS and the random other strains, so they're due for some Cationic drench, I might wait one more week though, the blooms are still a bit small to close them up.

The Sour Diesel #2 WOW!!!! These are the best I have grow of this strain yet, I'm sure the environmental changes I have made recently have a lot to do with it but once they got that drench they really started looking truly amazing. They're starting to swell up and get nice and thick.

I guess I should cure my current boredom with some photo's....and a hash laced joint of CVK :)

Back with pics(and a retarded smile) in a little while...

Man things are rolling over here. Its funny how you were saying you have collected so many things, and that your wife wasnt too stoked on the new tent setup. Sounds so familiar lol.

Good job brotha +reps cant wait to get my HB on.

Thanks Shotta!!!! I'm looking forward to your HB grow :)

I took out a Sour Diesel #2 she is beautiful :high-five:
IMG_14849.JPG
IMG_144819.JPG
IMG_144915.JPG
IMG_145013.JPG
IMG_145115.JPG
IMG_145212.JPG
IMG_14539.JPG
IMG_145412.JPG
IMG_14568.JPG
IMG_145713.JPG

Here are 2 GSC
IMG_145811.JPG

IMG_146412.JPG

IMG_145911.JPG
IMG_146010.JPG
IMG_146110.JPG
IMG_146210.JPG

Part of the Toxic Blue 33 (I'll have to find the rest of the pics)
IMG_146614.JPG

Chem Valley Kush (I have really high hopes for this one)
IMG_146910.JPG
IMG_146811.JPG
IMG_147910.JPG

Happy new home...
IMG_14859.JPG

:peace::passitleft::peace:

I can hardly wait :) It'll be 100% on this time, I don't have to rush them in the fear of burning them up. 3 weeks'ish to go.

Doc, are you using the cationic drench as a replacement for energy after week 4?

Ps :thanks:

No.

Here's an email I got from the lab. This isn't a direct answer to your question, but the answers you seek are contained therein in germ form......

NPK....all nitrogen is "N." It's all the same once the plant breaks it down, right?

Doc Bud,

"Wrong!" says Dr. Reams.

"Nitrogen can be growth energy or reproductive energy depending on molecular configuration."

When nitrogen is in the nitrate form it creates growth energy in plants and soil. Reproductive energy comes in the form of ammoniacal, urea, or organic nitrogen. This dual form of energy for nitrogen makes it the most confusing element to consider when looking at energy.

A basic principle to always remember is that plant growth is all about energy.

You create this energy by reacting growth energy against reproductive energy according to the crop being grown.

Let's take a few examples to clarify this concept. We had a wheat grower who decided to spray his wheat with a few gallons of liquid calcium nitrate. Unfortunately this resulted in a significant yield decline. Fortunately International Ag Labs did not suggest this. :) So what happened?

Liquid calcium nitrate is a double growth energy fertilizer. Both calcium and nitrogen in the nitrate form push plants and soils with growth energy. Regrettably the farmer sprayed his wheat just at the time the kernel count was being determined. The growth energy from the calcium nitrate pushed the wheat plants more toward growth energy and away from reproductive energy. What the plants really needed was a reproductive spray to increase kernel set.

Here is another example: A grower with a field of canning tomatoes sought to maximize his harvest of tomatoes all at picking time. To do this he kept his soil on the growth side longer by using growth energy products such as calcium nitrate and potassium nitrate. The result were large tomato plants and thick stalks but not a tomato anywhere. The canning company field rep was getting worried.

At the right time the farmer switched his soil from growth to reproductive and turned his field yellow with blossoms overnight. How did he do this? By using reproductive fertilizers and foliar sprays. These caused the soil and plants to switch from growth to reproductive. How can this be done? Simple - broadcast some ammonium sulfate, 11-52-0 or urea. Then spray the plants with a dilute reproductive spray made from household ammonia, phosphoric acid, vinegar etc. The broadcast switches the soil while the foliar spray switched the plants.

Once a large bunch of tomatoes were set and beginning to develop, the farmer switched back to growth energy dominance. Why? Because growth energy is also bulking energy. Now the farmer wanted to size up the tomatoes. By keeping growth energy dominant he was able to stop new blossoms from developing. What was the end result? A large harvest of tomatoes all ripening at nearly the same time.

Last example: You manage conventional turf. What nitrogen source should you use? The standard practice is to use urea. Urea is a 100% reproductive energy. Turf is a crop that needs growth energy dominance. This means urea is the exact opposite energy of what should be supplied. Organically managed turf using compost or some other organic nitrogen does the same thing. Too much reproductive energy. The answer is to use calcium nitrate.

So is nitrogen just nitrogen? No it is a very specific energy that can influence the soil/plant in the direction you wish.

So the Cationic Drench focuses the plant on reproductive growth and reproductive energy? And the standard energy and tea are formulated for growth energy? These must be used in combination and not one or the other and also at the right times. I think this is correct, how did I do?

Thats why you choose to use the Cationic Drench at week 4...

Awesome info Doc. It is quite interesting to me applying these principals to cannabis. I think you are getting it dialed in.

Curso, that Sour D looks insane. I cant wait to see how she finishes!!

So the Cationic Drench focuses the plant on reproductive growth and reproductive energy? And the standard energy and tea are formulated for growth energy? These must be used in combination and not one or the other and also at the right times. I think this is correct, how did I do?

Thats why you choose to use the Cationic Drench at week 4...

Awesome info Doc. It is quite interesting to me applying these principals to cannabis. I think you are getting it dialed in.

Curso, that Sour D looks insane. I cant wait to see how she finishes!!

You've got the main principle Steppenwolf.

The kit is set up with:

Transplant, which is organic and therefore reproductive energy
Energy, which is for growth and bulking
Cationic drench, which is strongly reproductive
Brix foliar which is reproductive
Stress foliar which is growth oriented.

The Recharge amendment also has some Ammonium Sulfate in it, which is reproductive energy.

In most soils, these subtle changes might not even be noticed. But in high brix soil, teeming with microbial life, these little changes make a huge difference....like changing key in the middle of a song.

You've got the main principle Steppenwolf.

The kit is set up with:

Transplant, which is organic and therefore reproductive energy
Energy, which is for growth and bulking
Cationic drench, which is strongly reproductive
Brix foliar which is reproductive
Stress foliar which is growth oriented.

The Recharge amendment also has some Ammonium Sulfate in it, which is reproductive energy.

In most soils, these subtle changes might not even be noticed. But in high brix soil, teeming with microbial life, these little changes make a huge difference....like changing key in the middle of a song.

Nice! Thanks Doc. It feels like the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

I love asking questions and getting answers that make sense, Thank You Doc!!!! That whole article just wrapped it all up nice and tight for me. I had to read that 2x to make sure I read it right. Now I get the transplant/energy flip-flop with the 2nd run soil. I wondered, why?? But hadn't bothered asking

Steppenwolf, thanks bro!!!! They both are pretty nice, the mom is looking pretty happy now too.

Now that I understand how these things act together I'm going to mix up some cationic drench and give some to the blooming plants. If you look at the 2 gsc I had posted the single cola one has had the drench once, while the topped one has not.
IMG_146010.JPG
IMG_146310.JPG

That toxic blue 33 also got the drench, its buds are the most impressive of the blooming plants at the moment. But the rest of the plants are due for a bloom booster ;)

I like the experimenting Curso. It'll be interesting to see the effects of the drench. Plants look perfect. That toxic blue looks like a keeper

Thanks bro!!! I agree toxic blue 33 does look promising. That's the fun thing about the freebies, some are a complete waste's of space and some are awesome. I'm happy I have some clones of it :) I didn't give the topped plant the drench with the rest because the buds were just forming on it.

I did the same thing to 2 of the Pineapple Skunk too, there is a fairly noticeable difference (pics in a few). I gave one of them the drench 2x now and the other has had it once(yesterday). The 2x drench is like the toxic blue, the other is kinda...blah (for now).

I was just peeking in on my grow, the plants that I had vegging are filling in big time now, they're going to be nice plants. Even that mutant GSC is like WOW!!! It has had the drench 2x (with that single cola one) and has great branching and bud sites on it. I'm really impressed with the vigor of these gcs's. I will try some more BC Bud Depot's gear, I think next from them is going to be a good old Jack :high-five:

they look beautimus! so if i dont have any of these sprays,drenches etc, whats in them? what would be good to foliar feed plants growing in coco on salt ferts? i do seaweed with a lil dark matter (humic&fulvic acid ) and 2 drops mollasses, the seaweed is full of mykos acording to the lable, if i ever get any extra $ ima do me sum doc style brix,the local hydro store is stocking promix and many other custom soils & mediums now & will order what i need:thumb:

Thanks a ton for the reps BID!!!

I wont even pretend to know anything about coco bro, I wouldn't even know where to tell you to begin. The Kit is pretty simple, 1 3.8cft bale of Pro Mix hp and a bag of worm poop (15 lbs) along with an email to Doc and $75 for 2 good sized grows (with the 2nd run of the soil which is bomb). I split it and will get 4 out of it :) So 4 grows worth of everything needed for like $140 (including the trip to the hydro shop). Its the easiest method of growing I have found. Funny thing is it gets even easier as the soil gets older. The results pretty much speak for themselves...

The sprays and drenches I doubt would have the same effect outside of the amended soil. Doc would have much better answers than I would about the subject.

Just for you BID Sour Diesel #2 (I hope you get the same frosty pheno I have bro)
IMG_144819.JPG

Back
Top Bottom