Curso's True High Brix!

The kit plants are kicking ass, I am truly pleased with the way everything is coming along. I topped all the plants but the Blueberry Gum, the Skunk47 that I am doing 12/12 from seed is growing well.
Skunk47
IMG_015021.JPG

Everything else...
IMG_015127.JPG

:peace::passitleft::peace:

Tent got flipped today, they are showing some really nice growth I don't want to have to sweat space which I wouldn't but if I can avoid it I'd be much happier. With all this new growth and the flip I gave them their first dose of "Energy/Tea" I mixed a gallon of it per Doc's instructions 1/2oz "Energy" and 2ml "tea" to 1gl of water (mixed the "tea" in a cup of water then added it to the gallon it's a bit dense) and gave them all 1c and the little bit that was left over I gave to the larger pots. They all got sprayed with "Stress" as well, now...The waiting game, this is where it gets boring as a grower because really there is nothing left to do but watch/spray/water the rest of the worrying has all been put to work in the soil. I'll take some brix readings after they start to bloom :peace::passitleft::peace:

Tent got flipped today, they are showing some really nice growth I don't want to have to sweat space which I wouldn't but if I can avoid it I'd be much happier. With all this new growth and the flip I gave them their first dose of "Energy/Tea" I mixed a gallon of it per Doc's instructions 1/2oz "Energy" and 2ml "tea" to 1gl of water (mixed the "tea" in a cup of water then added it to the gallon it's a bit dense) and gave them all 1c and the little bit that was left over I gave to the larger pots. They all got sprayed with "Stress" as well, now...The waiting game, this is where it gets boring as a grower because really there is nothing left to do but watch/spray/water the rest of the worrying has all been put to work in the soil. I'll take some brix readings after they start to bloom :peace::passitleft::peace:

I take brix readings when I do their first pruning in flower, and any time I prune after that.

In between readings, here is how you can tell how your brix levels are:

Stems are bright green. Even strains that tend to have purple stems seem to go bright green.

Leaves are super shiney and seem to have really advanced phototropism, in that they orient themselves like radar.

I highly recommend spraying the underside of the leaves as much as you can. If there are any mites lurking down there, spraying the underside of the leaves is going to really mess with them.

Thanks Doc, I am in range atm the leaves are super shiny and they're all radar'ish. The most impressive atm is the seedlings, that skunk47 is like a super solar panel, I set it on a shelf yesterday and 3 minutes later it was pointing at the tent. The 4 CVK seedlings and the Purple Urkle are all doing very well too, they're spitting out their 2nd set of real leaves. I am really happy with how things are progressing with the Kit, everything is grabbing on and running. The other brix focused ferts I used didn't have quite the same kick, they grew very, very nice plants but they never took off like these have.

Thanks Doc, I am in range atm the leaves are super shiny and they're all radar'ish. The most impressive atm is the seedlings, that skunk47 is like a super solar panel, I set it on a shelf yesterday and 3 minutes later it was pointing at the tent. The 4 CVK seedlings and the Purple Urkle are all doing very well too, they're spitting out their 2nd set of real leaves. I am really happy with how things are progressing with the Kit, everything is grabbing on and running. The other brix focused ferts I used didn't have quite the same kick, they grew very, very nice plants but they never took off like these have.

Like I said, the previous attempts were a step up from organics....but the first true high brix crop was an order of magnitude better than the previous.

You'll be very happy as this progresses!

Like I said, the previous attempts were a step up from organics....but the first true high brix crop was an order of magnitude better than the previous.

You'll be very happy as this progresses!
The thing that impresses me the most Doc is how the seedlings have acted, they have always been happy and erect (for lack of a better term). They all move fast, I've moved them around the tent to see what happens, it's pretty funny to leave the room for a minute and come back and they've completely turned over backwards and right at the light again.

The thing that impresses me the most Doc is how the seedlings have acted, they have always been happy and erect (for lack of a better term). They all move fast, I've moved them around the tent to see what happens, it's pretty funny to leave the room for a minute and come back and they've completely turned over backwards and right at the light again.

it is creepy, isn't it?

If you supercrop it's even more fun.

I had 2 Sour Diesel clones in solo cups set aside for someone that never came to get them so...they got transplanted into 2.5 & 3 gl pots. The roots were kicking ass inside these cups, bright white, he really missed out on some nice plants. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform with a larger root mass than the rest of the bunch. They had gotten the "Roots, Transplant and Tea/Energy" inside the cup so transplanting them I only gave them a bit of water, I am saving what I have left of "Roots" for the smaller pots to go into the 5gl pots when the space is available.

So I had to mix up some Stress today and figured I'd take a pic or 2 of what I am using. These spray a really fine mist and the pump is just a lazy way of filling the 1oz cup part way. They are 8oz bottles so...breaking things down .25oz to 1c (8oz) water, I have had 1/2 the bottle left over after spraying these 20 preteen plants. You really want to mix just enough to get you through, I mixed a whole clear qt bottle of Brix and left it on a shelf, it grew something, so mix brix as needed. I think the clear bottle and heat is what promoted the growth, so if you do have left overs stick the bottle in the fridge until you need it the next week.
IMG_020238.JPG
IMG_020832.JPG

This is the Skunk~47 I am doing 12/12 from seed, her leaves are like radar's, I am looking forward to cloning her.
IMG_020533.JPG

:peace::passitleft::peace:

Things didn't look quite as happy this morning, not bad, just not as happy. I gave all the small pots 2/3c water and the larger ones 1 1/3c, now they're looking like plants with their hands up. It was really their first watering, I have given them "transplant/tea/energy" but that not really "watering" them, so today they got watered, I bubble 10gl of water and use it when needed. I use hot tap water a couple air stones and bubble it, once its cooled all that bad city water chlorine is dead and gone, left over parts from past dwc buckets :D

this is most interesting to watch, i get a kick out of how mine track the light i set some outside the tent during feeding time etc, and have noticed they lean towards the tent in the time it takes to go get water and what ever else i need i say they must be homesick lol
Yeah man they do act homesick..lol. It's fun to watch them move, they really perked up about 20 minutes after they got some water. They seriously look like they all have their hands up, their leaves are reaching for the light. I've seen them move before but never "reach up" it's pretty amazing.

Just a few pics, one of each strain. Everything is doing exceptionally well, I am very happy with everything in this grow. I took clones for the next round and am waiting for the CVK and the Skunk~47 to give me some branches to clone. I also transplanted 2 of the CVK seeds into larger pots, leaving the remaining 2 in the 2qt pots to grow a bit more root structure. I FIM'ed one of the transplanted CVK as well.

Sour Diesel, Blueberry Gum, CVK, Skunk47
IMG_022929.JPG

Sour Diesel #2
IMG_023033.JPG

Chem Valley Kush
IMG_023129.JPG

Blueberry Gum
IMG_023236.JPG
IMG_023326.JPG

Skunk 47
IMG_023424.JPG

Sour Diesel mom, 10 bbg, 7 sour diesel clones.
IMG_023525.JPG

Hey Curso,

I'm seeing lots of 3 bladed leaves.....do you have a light leak?
The CVK is a reveg and the sour diesel I'm not sure why other than the clone was really mature maybe, I shouldn't have a light leak there are no lights on up there that would interrupt their sleep. I have both flower tents on basically the same time, and the mom tent I've never noticed a leak.

The CVK is a reveg and the sour diesel I'm not sure why other than the clone was really mature maybe, I shouldn't have a light leak there are no lights on up there that would interrupt their sleep. I have both flower tents on basically the same time, and the mom tent I've never noticed a leak.

Ah....reveg. That's what did it.

When you change photoperiod on a plant drastically, they throw out single bladed leaves. less drastic are 3 bladed, but still a sign of photoperiod change.

The CVK is a 5 bladeer to begin with, so not too big of a deal. I'd prune it back and veg it till you have all normal leaves. I wouldn't clone it till it has normal leaves.

FYI is happens like this:

Grower buys clone from club where light cycle was 18/6, lights on at 6pm. Grower doesn't know this and puts his on a cycle with lights on at 9pm.....or 3pm. That's all it takes.

Ah....reveg. That's what did it.

When you change photoperiod on a plant drastically, they throw out single bladed leaves. less drastic are 3 bladed, but still a sign of photoperiod change.

The CVK is a 5 bladeer to begin with, so not too big of a deal. I'd prune it back and veg it till you have all normal leaves. I wouldn't clone it till it has normal leaves.

FYI is happens like this:

Grower buys clone from club where light cycle was 18/6, lights on at 6pm. Grower doesn't know this and puts his on a cycle with lights on at 9pm.....or 3pm. That's all it takes.
Actually now that you mentioned it that clone and its sister are going in to the mom tent I really like what that plant in flower is doing so I'd like to keep that pheno if possible, I have 4 seeded CVK that should be perfect, at the end of the day, I'll clone those too when I am able to.

Back
Top Bottom