Dank Purple's First Grow

But wouldnt a fim slow down the tops allowing the bottoms to catch up.. Plus it splits into 2 to 4 stems. Im just wondering if fimming would be better in the long run..because more colas equalls more bud right..

I found on my first run the fims ended up being skinnier stems. With skinnier buds.
Compared to?itself or a different plant that wasn't fimmed. Im confused.. When you top or fim by design your plants then attempt to boost all stems. The fim itself causes the lower branches to knuckle or thicken to allow more nutrients.. So the tops being "thinner with less bud" is because the fim directed growth to the other branches... Meaning its not that the tops are tin because the fim weakend them but beacuase the fim strengthened the others . if you dont fim, wouldnt all branches except the main would be thin in comparison. .see what im saying its hard to write..

Supercropping will knuckle up your stems. FIM is just someone made an accident once trying to top and wound up with extra tops. I either top or don't ya know? Sorry, no, I ALWAYS top lol. Ponytailing works great for letting the lower growth catch up. Never did the FIM technique so I cannot comment on it, but found that topping works very well to break apical dominance and distribute it more evenly amongst the rest. You will develop a unique training regimen of what suits you, ya just gotta try some stuff out and see what you like .

I fim'd a crown royal and topped one same with the PK. Both the fim'd plants had weaker main stems maybe bc it's splitting more ways. The topped plants ended up having way thicker main stems. I run lots of plants so I did some experiments on the first batch so I could see for myself what worked best. I have a whole book filled with documentation on all the diff experiments on all the plants. Now all I need is the final data. Cause the scale won't tell any lies.

I wasnt trying to challenge your method i was genuinely curious. I FIMed lucile attempting to top and 24 hours later she had 3 main stems and the bottom 2 were knuckled up . now all the nodes have knuckles and have caught up to the top ones for the most part. So i was just going off my own personal experience with lucile.. Also i topped madeline and was a successful top but it took her forever to recover.. Luciles fimmed branches are way thicker and already growing nodes off them.. Like leaps and bounds more progress than the one i topped... I assumed it was the lower stress levels or maybe just her genetics handled the fim well.. I have no idea..

Supercropping will knuckle up your stems. FIM is just someone made an accident once trying to top and wound up with extra tops. I either top or don't ya know? Sorry, no, I ALWAYS top lol. Ponytailing works great for letting the lower growth catch up. Never did the FIM technique so I cannot comment on it, but found that topping works very well to break apical dominance and distribute it more evenly amongst the rest. You will develop a unique training regimen of what suits you, ya just gotta try some stuff out and see what you like .
I know what FIM stands for lol.. And mine was in fact a miss.. But it has become a technique that alot off people do intentionally. And i was curious as to its benefits vs. Cons against topping. Lucile handled her first one so well i figured id experiment and try to fim from the start.. Just a thought though,.. i wanted your alls opinions before i made a move

I decided to test on grooty instead of lucile . last night about 2 hours from lights out i Attempted to intentionally fim grooty. And she loved it.. Woke up this morning and her bottom 2 nodes are knuckled up looking great because she needed some meat on her bones.. And grew a bunch.. In didn't stunt her at all more like kicked her to over drive. Im amazed and confused lol. Time for a picture book story ...
Grooty before
420-magazine-mobile612599722.jpg
and this morning
420-magazine-mobile1123707948.jpg
420-magazine-mobile511145878.jpg
her knuckles
420-magazine-mobile393693528.jpg

Looking at that group picture its crazy.. Lucile is the same age but hit the water 2 days sooner than grooty and madi. They went into water/soil same day.. And grooty /madi have taken turns being the 2nd strongest plant.. With different growth spurts i guess. Madi i topped and she was way bigger than grooty but was stunted hard.. And was still bigger until i FIMed grooty... :confused: was it just the timing..

FIM = Fuck I missed
Lol do people just love writing that acronym ..hahaha i know what it means. Or were you saying i fim'ed, thinking i was trying to top?..either way it was intentional. So its a YIM yes i missed... Or its not a miss. so its... FIP fuck its perfect..lol

And thanks guys. If at times i seem confrontational its because im passionately curious
I would be losing my mind without you guys!! Especially because i cant talk about growing with anyone..anyway i think im leaning towards topping lucile because fimming did NOT slow her down.. Or grooty ..but the alternative now is super cropping the 4 that seem to be reaching or growing the fastest. What do you guys think now.. Top the four into 8 or super crop them out in an "x"

And thanks guys. If at times i seem confrontational its because im passionately curious
I would be losing my mind without you guys!! Especially because i cant talk about growing with anyone..anyway i think im leaning towards topping lucile because fimming did NOT slow her down.. Or grooty ..but the alternative now is super cropping the 4 that seem to be reaching or growing the fastest. What do you guys think now.. Top the four into 8 or super crop them out in an "x"
Like I said before. I love super cropping ✌️✌️

Back
Top Bottom