Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Woke up this morning and went in to check on the girls, as I do every morning. Noticed that my 23 day old DDA is showing sex. Not a bad birthday present at all.
Her pot is already getting fairly light after a 1.5 gal watering last week so will be doing another 1.5gal probably tomorrow that watering will get a dose of Growth Ionic with tea. I will also likely give her first Foliar spray this week as well.

20190818_110935.jpg

Thanks for looking
Have a knife day

About ten days or so to go, side branches filling out. Main colas finally seem to have stopped hoovering up all the nutes and are letting the side branches have a little. Except for the obvious large main cola shot, which is about the size of a beer can, the rest of these are all side branches. All that string you see is there to hold up the branches, since they fought the LST I tried on them and just sprawled out everywhere.
dd18.jpg
dd182.jpg
dd183.jpg
dd184.jpg
dd185.jpg
dd186.jpg

I use a produce called Pro-Tekt silica all during the first 5 weeks of the life of my plants. It builds very strong branches. Often now I don't need to support the branches on strains I always had to prior to using the Pro-Tekt. Never supported a branch on any of the DDA I've grown. You're definitely doing something right with buds that size.

Hi Amy. I've never tried that before, do I put it on the August photo thread? Sorry the photos are so fuzzy, drives me crazy I can't use my SLR macro at the moment. Which one do you prefer? Edit: Okay I threw one on the August page. I'm definitely getting my real camera set up for the next go round, if only so I can magnify the images and actually see the trichs up close.

Gorgeous!
I'd have morning wood waking up to that...
Blew my last couple seed budgets on a few medical strains for the wife, so the dda will have to wait another month or so :(.

Such a beautiful strain although not having luck finding a dd fem version, if indeed such a plant exists..?!

Gorgeous!
I'd have morning wood waking up to that...
Blew my last couple seed budgets on a few medical strains for the wife, so the dda will have to wait another month or so :(.

Such a beautiful strain although not having luck finding a dd fem version, if indeed such a plant exists..?!

DD Fem as in photo??

That doesn't exist, just Auto

Hey Chris'S, went hunting for DD fem (not auto)vcause i figured the strain must be a fem first for breeding if nothing else.
Its on Azarius apparently (no link cause had my arse kicked before)
Bookmarked for next seed run.
:woohoo:

Unless yer buying reg auto seeds, ya won't get a male

Look into STS reversing, easy to do to creat Fem seeds from a Fem plant

Hey Chris'S, went hunting for DD fem (not auto)vcause i figured the strain must be a fem first for breeding if nothing else.
Its on Azarius apparently (no link cause had my arse kicked before)
Bookmarked for next seed run.
:woohoo:
Looks like the Auto, they just don't say that

The cross was of various genetics ending with an Auto strain

So pretty sure no Photo strain has ever existed besides people like me crossing it

Wish I'd have gotten a male on this last round, to be honest. Would be awesome to pollinate a bud and not have to keep rebuying seeds. Four more in the ground as of day before yesterday so maybe. :smokin:
You can always clone... Or are there problems I'm unaware of when cloning autos?

A clone is the same age as the mother from which you took it. So if you took a cutting when the plant was 4 weeks old that cutting also is 4 weeks old even if it has no roots. When the mother plant flowers the cutting also will flower. So no sense really in taking a cutting from an auto as they won't produce much if anything for you. Leave the branch on the mom so it can give you some buds

I took cuttings from four autos about five weeks into veg. Let's call it an experiment because the folks over at AFN said 'just don't bother' and being a plant nerd I decided to buck the trend and try it anyway. We take geranium cuttings every year, thousands of them, they are also basically 'auto flowers'. We veg the cuttings and end up with a second crop, works every time. Why would these autos be any different? Well. All four rooted, two stayed at the same flowering schedule as their moms and the fourth did what one would expect from a normal tropical annual and kept vegging. She stayed very small though, rather like the Solo cup challenge. I was guessing it was a timing issue and I'm pretty certain now I'm right. My guess is also that the sativa dominant types taken at exactly the right time would be far more likely to keep vegging, but frankly the DDs are so quick it's just not worth the time.

Back
Top Bottom