Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Lights arrived and up. Probably won't turn on until close to bloom. Would the 3000k effect veg much other then stretch
420-magazine-mobile1598918565.jpg

Forgive me Beamer for stealing your hang method for these cobs. And forgive the mess of ratchet hangers from my roof as well. Everything has its own ratchet hanger.

Nice now just for other 2 to come then we got a show

First time germ seeds this way in a while now. That what I was afraid of. Had to keep myself from wanting to dig seed back up to check it

I was a bit worried too.....LOL. But this is how I always germinate seeds so I knew they'd arrive in time....which they did.

When the seed starts its life in mineralized, living soil, and gravitropism allows the tap root to orient itself properly we've got our best chance for healthy plants. Each step builds on the other.

So, at this point, I"m weighing the pots, moistening the top every couple days and waiting till they need a drink.

Bright light is very important at this time, so make sure they're really getting a good exposure....not enough to bleach them of course....but strong, bright light.

With a T5 I like the bulbs about 5 inches away from the starts. With LED's pretend you're vegging/blooming large plants and give them that amount of light.

We're going to see short, fat, strong stems. Tight internodes and a high calyx to leaf ratio. In other words, sexy cannabis.

I was a bit worried too.....LOL. But this is how I always germinate seeds so I knew they'd arrive in time....which they did.

When the seed starts its life in mineralized, living soil, and gravitropism allows the tap root to orient itself properly we've got our best chance for healthy plants. Each step builds on the other.

So, at this point, I"m weighing the pots, moistening the top every couple days and waiting till they need a drink.

Bright light is very important at this time, so make sure they're really getting a good exposure....not enough to bleach them of course....but strong, bright light.

With a T5 I like the bulbs about 5 inches away from the starts. With LED's pretend you're vegging/blooming large plants and give them that amount of light.

We're going to see short, fat, strong stems. Tight internodes and a high calyx to leaf ratio. In other words, sexy cannabis.

So in saying give light like growing big plants. Do you think I should raise the ps cob and pop her into full power. Cause thats what I'd do if vegging big plants.

And everybody loves sexy cannabis. Sort of like the pictures you’ve been posting over in Q&A. Just to drool for

Yours is going to look like that too.

So in saying give light like growing big plants. Do you think I should raise the ps cob and pop her into full power. Cause thats what I’d do if vegging big plants.

If you have used the lights before and know how much they can take...then yes. Turn them on! I always have excess light. Just don't fry them.

High DS,

Just found your journal. Wow, 13 pages in 12 days. Busy! But I'll go back and read before any more messages. You have the best mentor on the net, though! Congrats!

High DS,

Just found your journal. Wow, 13 pages in 12 days. Busy! But I'll go back and read before any more messages. You have the best mentor on the net, though! Congrats!

Welcome Bode grab a seat. Yes with doc jumping in to help us all out with this journal has been a busy start. Slow start on the grow side but things should start to pick up in next few weeks with both mine and docs seeds poking out of ground finally.
And yes your 100% right about having best mentor to help grow . But this journal is meant for doc to help us all learn his ways and maybe sometimes some special tricks. But very lucky to have this opportunity for sure. As I said before not all manufactures are going to come forward to help us people learn and grow with there product.

Re: Darkscotia apprentices Doc bud amnesia lemon/passion#1 perfect sun cob/8cob citiz

Plain water was all that was used during and since germination. I dunk and drain the pot PRIOR TO planting the seed. It leeches out a bit of nitrogen and of course wets the down well.

I started doing this after a few people reported their seeds being digested before they could germinate. It's important to start the seeds in HB soil in order to have everything work right the entire time, and not miss a week trying to re-colonize the roots, etc.

I'd been starting the clones in perlite, and lately thinking Rapid Rooters might be a better choice for the soil-bound plants. This statement pretty much sealed it for me. I'll be switching back to the plugs.

Re: Darkscotia apprentices Doc bud amnesia lemon/passion#1 perfect sun cob/8cob citiz

I'd been starting the clones in perlite, and lately thinking Rapid Rooters might be a better choice for the soil-bound plants. This statement pretty much sealed it for me. I'll be switching back to the plugs.

Perlite=hydro roots.

Plugs are a better choice. I've used soil and had it work, but it's not as reliable as the plugs.

:thumb: I have had 4 out of six seed digested by my soil, The soil had been purged with water only. Doc is there anything I can do to help my germination and keep my seeds from destruction.:thanks::Namaste:

:thumb: I have had 4 out of six seed digested by my soil, The soil had been purged with water only. Doc is there anything I can do to help my germination and keep my seeds from destruction.:thanks::Namaste:
4 out of 6 not come up? That's got to do with seeds more than soil.

What I'm showing here is what I do. 100% germination is normal, 50% or less is the seed.

Keep in mind that the strongest survive too.

But if you just can't afford to not lose a single seed you could try the rapid rooted plugs, in soil.

On this journal I'm showing what I do, and where my plants start, etc.

It might not be the best way, it sure isn't the only way....but it works well for me.

I've not done this, but it would work for those who are really worried:

Fill the top of the pot with 2 inches of naked Promix. You'll get the best of both worlds. Shoot, this might be a BETTER way now that I think about it.......

As with everything, individual mileage may vary.

:thumb:when you said I could use rapid rooters, I don't buy those so I intermediately thought of using a shot glass of Promix in the center of my container to insulate it from those hungry micro organisms. Totally unrelated different idea is to make a bucket with a hole in the top to fit the outside of my vegetating container. then using a wet vac into the side of the bucket, suck the water out of the container. Vacuum pressure determines how wet the container is when finished, It could also speed up the draining process.:Namaste:

So friggen slow. How yours looking doc?
F2FE1FCC-3CE4-479C-85B2-F87576BABEF6.jpeg
F157398A-D7C0-4849-81A9-21A72F0A1D32.jpeg
EE95AC51-EFBD-4DBC-9B80-10FA4C7590C1.jpeg
EE95AC51-EFBD-4DBC-9B80-10FA4C7590C1.jpeg
20EC5A8C-D0C8-4D37-84E9-FA67E616324A.jpeg
6134BFFE-64DC-4E4A-B568-F15FF69A0063.jpeg

Just like yours bro! Same same.

What I'm doing right now is watching and maybe tomorrow I'll dribble a bit of water down the top...not much...just enough to stimulate some roots seeking it out. They're going to town below the surface right now....prolly 6-8 inches long with a branch or two.

Be patient! You've got it all dialed in. This is the boring part of the grow, but there are some important steps and goals to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom