Darkscotia Apprentices - Passion#1 Perfect Sun COB/8COB Citizen K

Just like yours bro! Same same.

What I'm doing right now is watching and maybe tomorrow I'll dribble a bit of water down the top...not much...just enough to stimulate some roots seeking it out. They're going to town below the surface right now....prolly 6-8 inches long with a branch or two.

Be patient! You've got it all dialed in. This is the boring part of the grow, but there are some important steps and goals to accomplish.

Very true this is first time in awhile I don't have multiple rooms going so this and my other journals is all i got to do with my time lol. Had to shut down my other rooms to get ready for big grow room Reno. Adding on 2 different 24/24ft spaces should be done early spring or at least I'm hoping so.

When you set up your new room, don't skimp on environmental control. That's the key to success.

No that's for sure I'm putting in floor heating in concrete for winters(which my floors will still be a foot above concrete) and 5 tonne heat pumps for a/c for summers and lots ventilation. No doubt I'll still fuck something up and have to change.

No that’s for sure I’m putting in floor heating in concrete for winters(which my floors will still be a foot above concrete) and 5 tonne heat pumps for a/c for summers and lots ventilation. No doubt I’ll still fuck something up and have to change.

The main is thing is the ability to control temp and rH....more to the point to DICTATE temp and rH. To really excel at this, you need to be able to increase/decrease temp and rH independently of eachother in 1 degree increments.

Then things really begin to happen.

Temp I'll have no problem keeping even with individual rooms within. Rh may be tricky one but got a few ideas for that as well. For my current rooms I have no problems keeping proper humidity for most times. There a certain time of year it quickly changes and normally takes me a week to readjust. When I need get a bigger machine

Temp I’ll have no problem keeping even with individual rooms within. Rh may be tricky one but got a few ideas for that as well. For my current rooms I have no problems keeping proper humidity for most times. There a certain time of year it quickly changes and normally takes me a week to readjust. When I need get a bigger machine

Larger volumes of air (IE high ceilings) really helps! I find that a balance of excess BTU's of cooling and a humidifier AND dehumidifier, coupled with unvented Gavita de1100's and large LED's keep the daytime temps up high......and there's a heater that springs on if the night temps ever get below 65.

All of it has to have the ability to dictate terms in the night and the day, choosing how much differential YOU want for temps, etc. Seriously, I think that's the most important thing you can do! Even more important than High Brix.

Of course, once you get a "perfect" environment, High Brix growing really begins to shine.

Im loving every bit of this journal. Keep up the beyond amazing job, its motivational.
Glad you made your way over welcome to High Brix school. Where docs going to do the teaching and I'm going to try not to mess shit up lol. Doc will smack me back in-line though.

I'm wicked jealous about your planned grow rooms and looking forward to seeing them. Sounds like environmental controllers are in order.

It's been a long time coming.like 2 years coming fighting for permits and shit

420-magazine-mobile1603363614.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1350202092.jpg

Here's where mine are today. I'm soaking the rest of the seeds to get two more up. These two look just fine.

I could tell the pot was lighter today and the top was dry, so I slowly dripped about 4 ounces of water on the perimeter of the soil.

This will encourage roots to seek moisture laterally, as well as down, giving us the framework for a nice rootball.

And a quick recap to what has gone down so far to date. Thanks ween for idea on recapping every few weeks and it will make it easier on me in the end to find all the information needed to recap hole journal, so people won't have to search through pages to find what we've done. Very one enjoy the last day of weekend.
Fill the pots full of High Brix soil. Soak them thoroughly, drain this way and that....add more soil back in and moisten that....make the divet, plant the seed.

Finishing up here:

After the pots were dunked and drained, topped off with more soil which was moistened, I used a pen and made a hole about 1/4 inch deep. Sprinkled a small amount of Roots! in and around the hole, and placed the seeds using chopsticks, as I find the little devils stick to my fingers.

After placing each seed, I carefully pinch the small hole close and place the containers over on the heat mat. You only want to raise the soil a degree or two....1 hour on 3 hours off is about right.

So got all the passion 1 seeds into hb soil. I filled up 1 gallon pots with 2nd run hb soil and dunked in my buckets and soaked soil nice and good. Then tilted pots this back and forth till water stopped dripping, then topped all pots off with more hb soil and throughly moistened.
Made divot in middle of soil about 1/4 inch deep and sprinkled roots in and around hole. Then place seed into and closed of area above seed.
Then put all pots into tent under ps cob with only 1 switch running and placed heat may user pots for 1 hour on and 3 off.
IMG_166330.JPG
IMG_166434.JPG
IMG_166533.JPG
IMG_166733.JPG
IMG_166831.JPG
IMG_167035.JPG

IMG_167139.JPG

So while that pot dries out and the roots grow, dribble about 1/4 cup water on top, but not right at the base of the seedling.

Give it about a 3 inch dry circle around the stem.

The tap root is close to the bottom of the pot now. We can encourage lateral branching of the roots by keeping just a bit of moisture in the upper region of the soil.

Play close attention to the next few weeks and how and when we water.

Plain water was all that was used during and since germination. I dunk and drain the pot PRIOR TO planting the seed. It leeches out a bit of nitrogen and of course wets the down well.

I started doing this after a few people reported their seeds being digested before they could germinate. It's important to start the seeds in HB soil in order to have everything work right the entire time, and not miss a week trying to re-colonize the roots, etc.

OK....now we're starting off on the right foot! The roots are much bigger than the foliage now....and we want to not only keep it that way, we want to emphasize roots.

Now is the boring, long wait between watering and drenches at this stage. Pay attention to the weight of the pot and as it dries out, put just a bit of water down the top so the roots start branching in all directions. About 1/4 cup is all you need.

The wet/dry cycle will encourage massive roots, short internodes, thick, strong stems and a good leaf/calyx ratio.

Hopefully, mine came up too! I haven't seen them in a week.

Just visited my garden.

Two of four up.

Picture_018168.jpg
Picture_019155.jpg

I did not soak these seeds prior to putting them into dirt, so I'll allow another 3 days before I replant with two more seeds, in order to get 4.

Some seeds come up really fast, others take longer. These have taken quite a while....but they're up and healthy and will grow strong.

Just like yours bro! Same same.

What I'm doing right now is watching and maybe tomorrow I'll dribble a bit of water down the top...not much...just enough to stimulate some roots seeking it out. They're going to town below the surface right now....prolly 6-8 inches long with a branch or two.

Be patient! You've got it all dialed in. This is the boring part of the grow, but there are some important steps and goals to accomplish.

Mini splits are great investment. Gives more control, my grow rooms have separate HVAC than my house. But I still need to grab a quest dehuey to replace my inefficient one.

Yup between my infloor and 5 tonne heat pump in each 24/24/15ft space I should be good for heat/ac control.im also installing a ruck ventilatoren accuflow 600f which is a nice heat recovery unit which should help with humidity and retaining heat and a/c.

[HJ684141580US QUOTE=Van Stank;3764901]Great idea on the recaps and then a consolidated recap! I like it!![/QUOTE]

Yup I planned on end recap on all docs notes in the end but we can thank weenmeoff for the midway update idea. Hopefully I can get docs pictures to come through when trying on pc later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom