DD Stable Of Impermanence

Sweet as. Hopefully we’re heading for a simpler world. This certainly simplifies things for me anyway. :)
You seem ok for seeds. Offer’s there. I’ll be doing a bit of a few criss crosses too as I go.
Good to get that side of things a bit more stable, as it were.
:thumb:

Here is a lady who doesn’t let a background detail like the fact she doesn’t know the words stop her from letting us know exactly how she feels.
Similarly, I don’t know what to say, but I won’t let that stop me giving it a go.
Here goes.
Thank goodness for the backspace key and people who care, but not in that order.
How’d I do?

Look what dropped from a sunny sky yesterday..
Unbelievable. Almost! ;)
I want to thank my nephew from another refuge @Sunnyskies I hope you don’t mind me saying how generous you are, mate.
:high-five:
My garden just got a giddy-up.
I can’t thank you or 420 enough.
more seeds than a seed bank now Dd. We know where to come for new genetics now. heehee. keep NZ breeding strains.

Haha.. the thing with most people in NZ is we're used to getting dak or weed or whatever, it is either possible or not, but never normally is there any choice, it was always just whatever was on offer. So all these different named strains are wonderfully intriguing and baffling at the same time.

I would like a indoor grow set up but I can't see how I'm going to do that with family who think I'm growing crap chilli plants on the balcony each year that never produce any chilli peppers. Unless we move somewhere else where I could get a glasshouse going I feel I am pretty much stuck with balcony growing. The trouble with that is I am limited to maybe 3 plants, I think when the stink factor is taken in, in about another month, that maybe even 3 plants might be a couple too many.

I also want to try making my own feminized seeds, I was going to do it this year but plans got shelved when my plants were showing pistils in November and I wouldn't be here over Christmas to keep up the daily spraying of Colloidal Silver. Similarly, I planned to do the same with the Gorilla Glue Auto but then decided I will first grow one out so I know what I am dealing with.

But I still have a jar of White Widow pollen (regular) sitting on a shelf in the lounge from last year, it has stayed dry and powdery and I think I will use it to dust a cola or two of my 2 Quadlined girls 2-WW & 3-WWG. So far, touch wood, they're looking pretty good, and going on past selective pollinations, a couple of colas dusted can give a few hundred seeds. I'd just like a few more, even tho they'd be regulars, that I can store away so I have seeds to grow in future years, and plus if this season's bud is any good I'll be pleased to have seeds of it.

I still have 2 X Californian Dream, 2 X Gold Leaf, and 3 X Chronic Widow, all feminized from 420. I'd like to grow them out and pollinate them for seeds too, but ideally using CS or STS to selectively force female pollen on a cola or two. So it would be great to have a big tent or glasshouse where I can join the big boys and have 8 or 10 different strains going at once. It's a bit of a shit this furtive growing, I have 3 new untried strains to grow and not really the space to do them all. I'd really like to rip into it for a season or two, make a load of different strains of bud to use as the situation required, and make a load of great seeds for future grows. I will be interested how you go growing out that selection and what your thoughts will be of the different qualities of bud each strain produces.

Short of getting an indoor setup I may even look at trying to do some sort of outdoor in the ground stealth grow, I heard of someone who grew out a 12 footer in the city that he trained it to grow along the ground so it stay short and somewhat inconspicuous.
Love that your island is now getting some dank genetics in. Keep the faith .

Sweet as. Hopefully we’re heading for a simpler world. This certainly simplifies things for me anyway. :)
You seem ok for seeds. Offer’s there. I’ll be doing a bit of a few criss crosses too as I go.
Good to get that side of things a bit more stable, as it were.
:thumb:
I'd really love to accumulate a personal seed bank of a couple of dozen awesome strains, but the fact is currently I am hampered in actually growing them out. I really like the idea of having a selection of bud that I can pull out a particular strain according to what is best for the occasion. Because I currently can only do limited growing, next season I will focus on the new 420 genetics I got 2 months ago. Hopefully pull some seeds from them. This year's grow will be interesting for the White Widow XTRM/Gorgonzola cross, it has started flowering and looking really well so far, in another 2 months or so I'll know if it's buzz is anything special, if it is you'd be welcome to some beans of it.
:hookah:

Loving the Baked Beans packaging :rofl:
I loved that too! Unfortunately all those ones (SSH F3) got crushed, as did the deepfast.
3FCFF390-151E-4B98-B10B-C1AA40C21AB5.jpeg

After chasing beans around a piece of paper with a loupe all the cracked and slightly crushed ones got put in here..
14B997E2-031D-474C-97F3-141B19B2BFF8.jpeg

We are a day and a half down and nothing has come up yet, but we have the heat pad underneath, the humidity dome on top and quiet optimism in the middle.
Fingers crossed.

Aloha DD!

So stoked!! Glad those birds in the wind got home safe my friend! Some of kindest souls I ever met shared with me so I can’t tell you how happy I am to do the same! I hope you find some gems in there to work with.

In my short time here Ive seen so much camaraderie here at 420! So many wonderful people just willing to take the time to help. Such a wonderful place! Sending everyone nothing but positive thoughts and vibes from Hawaii this early AM. Nothing like a wake and bake before work :laugh:
:passitleft:

I'll go for the wake and bake but I've had enough of that work stuff. :thumb:
Oh I know which I prefer!
Unfortunately I can’t wake n bake on a work day. Engineering. Got to upgrade my lifestyle.
This is a work in progress.

Engineering
My brother finished his mechanical engineering schooling in early 2010, graduated, got his dream job. Then his cancer came back. Passed away months before his and his fiancés wedding in 2010.

sorry to make that all dark and depressing, but what kind of engineering do you do?

My brother finished his mechanical engineering schooling in early 2010, graduated, got his dream job. Then his cancer came back. Passed away months before his and his fiancés wedding in 2010.

sorry to make that all dark and depressing, but what kind of engineering do you do?
That is dark. I’m sorry for your loss.
If that were my brother I’d say well, he probably didn’t want to get married.
I dare say though that your family was normal and happy enough for a given definition of happy. You obviously feel his absence keenly. I sympathise.

I’m a fitter turner and I work as a maintenance fitter at the moment. Of the strings in my bow this is the one that pays the bills at the moment.
The work may be hard, but it’s dangerous.
The hours may be long, but it’s filthy.

Hard to find an up side some days :)

I dare say though that your family was normal and happy enough for a given definition of happy. You obviously feel his absence keenly. I sympathise.

I’m a fitter turner and I work as a maintenance fitter at the moment. Of the strings in my bow this is the one that pays the bills at the moment.

Yes, thank you! We miss him terribly!

leaning away from sad stuff now...

Your job sounds very interesting! With all those downsides listed, the biggest upside there is, it’s paying your bills!:thumb:

the biggest upside there is, it’s paying your bills!
Yes, well we can save ink on the reprints by losing the adjective. :laugh:
Ok, to be fair. . . there was something oh yes, there are harder jobs. At the moment I have 3 day weekends. (Don’t tell them how long your days are - that won’t make it sound so good. Okay) so that’s pretty cool!
Any day I can clock out and still count to ten is a good day. A lot of guys my age are missing digits. I have too many near misses and scars to enumerate.
Sorry I was looking for positives. Lost track there. Let me try again. Hmm.
Yep.
Mmm.

Ah! This is a good one. It’s creative. When you make stuff.
So there’s that.
Let’s see..
What else..

Aloha DD!

So stoked!! Glad those birds in the wind got home safe my friend! Some of kindest souls I ever met shared with me so I can’t tell you how happy I am to do the same! I hope you find some gems in there to work with.

In my short time here Ive seen so much camaraderie here at 420! So many wonderful people just willing to take the time to help. Such a wonderful place! Sending everyone nothing but positive thoughts and vibes from Hawaii this early AM. Nothing like a wake and bake before work :laugh:
:passitleft:
100% with you on that one buddy. One of the benefits of 420. I would love to generate a great strain to seed and share . My hope atm is to crack one of the accidental crossed strains I have from a previous grow. I am a big Gorilla Glue fan and have a few diff versions of it under my belt and slowly building a collection of breeders seeds too. I know its business to them but it kills me that a seed can cost so much when you harvest thousands from a single decent branch , never mind a whole plant. !!! Self sufficient growing is an aim for me and sharing the load is always a way forward if only we didnt get chastised for it due to sponsors needs.

Upside is you come home to the stable buddy. Always a bale of hay and a warm straw bed mate.

Yes, well we can save ink on the reprints by losing the adjective. :laugh:
Ok, to be fair. . . there was something oh yes, there are harder jobs. At the moment I have 3 day weekends. (Don’t tell them how long your days are - that won’t make it sound so good. Okay) so that’s pretty cool!
Any day I can clock out and still count to ten is a good day. A lot of guys my age are missing digits. I have too many near misses and scars to enumerate.
Sorry I was looking for positives. Lost track there. Let me try again. Hmm.
Yep.
Mmm.

Ah! This is a good one. It’s creative. When you make stuff.
So there’s that.
Let’s see..
What else..
Dude!!! , I love how you write . You make me grin mate.

Back
Top Bottom