DD Stable Of Impermanence

100% with you on that one buddy. One of the benefits of 420. I would love to generate a great strain to seed and share . My hope atm is to crack one of the accidental crossed strains I have from a previous grow. I am a big Gorilla Glue fan and have a few diff versions of it under my belt and slowly building a collection of breeders seeds too. I know its business to them but it kills me that a seed can cost so much when you harvest thousands from a single decent branch , never mind a whole plant. !!! Self sufficient growing is an aim for me and sharing the load is always a way forward if only we didnt get chastised for it due to sponsors needs.
Did you find the different versions of Gorilla Glue (presumably from different breeders) had a 'similarity' to them, because all are supposedly sharing common genetics, or were some of those different versions totally different and seemingly not related? I am currently growing out a Gorilla Glue Auto, both the Gorilla and growing an Auto are new experiences.

I totally share your thoughts on pollinating selective branches to harvest your own seeds. I'm curious as to whether your own seeds have proven to be similar in potency/approval as the breeder seeds you grow. I would assume as long as you start from decent quality it should carry on in your own seeds.:bong:

Nice new strains from across the ocean DD! Sorry about the crushing...I blame the US postal service as I've sent and received ones that look just like that.
keep up the daily spraying of Colloidal Silver.
beez0404 did a thread on making your own seeds with CS, but he uses a paintbrush so the rest of the plant is completely smokeable when it's harvested. Much of the info is buried in the thread, so I put together a list of links to the pertinent information. It's here if you're interested in learning more about it. beez0404 makes loads of crosses and has really good success with his method.

Hi folks
Hey DD, how are those beans going? Any popping out of the soil yet? Looks an interesting selection. :goodluck:
Man! Nothing yet :) I’ve been checking every day and trying to keep it just right under the dome just in case there’s signs of life. I’ll give it a couple more days and gently have a wee dig around.
The more I find out about the seeds I’ve been given, the more special this is.
Twisted Shack for example was a collectors item ten years ago and people say wonderful things about the breeders. I can’t wait!
Maybe I’ll break out the woodwind and try to snakecharm those beans into snakeheaded stalks.
Those SSH’s will be all but gone if none of the cracked ones grow. There’s one left which is a reg cross with X18, which I’ve found out a bit about too. I wouldn’t mind if that bean turned out a bit ambisexual just so long as it pops!
Maybe I should equip myself with some silver.
If anyone has experience of any of these please let me know your recommendation for a firing order..
Bagseed Isabelles 13
Hulklato 11
Critical Purple Kush 4
Dr Seedsman CBD 30:14
White Widow 2
Alaskan Purple 3
Arne’s Amnesia Chunk6
SSH Old Sog x X181
Twisted Shack S18
Silverback 5
Chem 4 x Uzbeki5
Skunk x Manson10
Hindu Kush x Purple Power Plant4
Train Wreck6

We have a queue waiting to use the flower room..
7CBCF73B-7414-4F65-8864-49DEAF04FAC6.jpeg

At least I hope that’s what we’re looking at there.
Also :rolleyes: it seems there may be another delivery albatross in the sky somewhere over the southern ocean.
Luck seems to be turning around for me. Unbelievable, 420, unbelievable.
Here is the tent tonight. 19” all round. Hulklato In the back, Critical Purple Kush front left, CBD front right.
24C95763-5A64-46F1-8A17-9359A1C95394.jpeg

C5C396ED-F22B-4BD1-A69B-99CD84E6A7C2.jpeg

:morenutes:

I’ll give it a couple more days and gently have a wee dig around.
It might be better to be patient. I have stuffed up germinating seeds because I just had to dig around to 'see' and then broken the tap root or something.

I have got no idea with your seeds. I am aware of many of the names but only familiar to having seen then mentioned about but with no real idea as how they actually smoke/vape.

I have read if the seeds are a little bit old it can help to gently scuff them first with fine sandpaper, and soak for up to a day before planting or paper toweling them. I do this for all seeds I germinate but I can't attest to having used it on old seeds.

Your plants look happy :thumb:

Just caught up! Awesome journal DD. I'm shocked at how badly you are being treated by the healthcare system. Makes me angry and even more so when I think how powerless we are in that system. And they have the gall to make cannabis illegal! I'm glad you have the resources to be able to bypass the system and make your own meds. This is a wonderful community! :peace: :love: :hookah:

It might be better to be patient.
Thank you for staying my hasty hoof. I’d have done something donkeyish. Happy day off today, Koro :high-five:
This is a wonderful community!
:adore::love:
I wouldn’t have believed it even if I had a time machine and could have explained it to myself. Perhaps especially not then, that’s not a very good example.
You definitely need another flowering room DD! Lovely queue :).
Fingers crossed on both scores.

I’ve taken the domes off a couple of CPKs, domes which were cracked the last three or four days. Then cracked a few more. Not much else for a donkey to do to them that isn’t plain faff.

Final Harvest Weights
The numbers are in! As are the nugs.
09FAA9C4-19F4-4ABB-9276-5E1A5E49E7C3.jpeg

There were four plants in the last Isabelle - only run. Fridge-dried flowers all have R.H. stable under 70, above 58 and have been added to air dried weights from last week.
13 days in the fridge this time. No fuss. Turned out perfectly.

Purple 11.5 oz
Purple 21.3 oz
Red 12.9 oz
Red 23.9 oz
Total9.6 oz

Less than I hoped for, but much more than I expected! :slide:
They turned out beautifully I’m very pleased to say and yes there will be squishing.
2B9C1CB3-643B-4B65-A08F-2A247D7E19C2.jpeg

I’m going to let them sit with boveda packs for a few days before I start the cure. I only have one cheap hygrometer, uncalibrated, and boveda packs on the shelf. Thought I’d sharpen it up some. @Sugarleaf warns me about stuff like that, but ‘she’ll be right’ as they say ;)
She’s napping. She likes rosin too.

Flip day 1
Our girls got their last veg dose feed of mc and a quick once over before going back in.
They each stand 20” off the soil and it’s time to go! Their electrical switches got reset. Their hormonal ones will get with the programme shortly.
:theband:
Thanks for dropping in.

Congrats on the harvest, Double D.

Thank you for staying my hasty hoof. I’d have done something donkeyish. Happy day off today, Koro :high-five:

I wouldn’t have believed it even if I had a time machine and could have explained it to myself. Perhaps especially not then, that’s not a very good example.

I’ve taken the domes off a couple of CPKs, domes which were cracked the last three or four days. Then cracked a few more. Not much else for a donkey to do to them that isn’t plain faff.

Final Harvest Weights

There were four plants in the last Isabelle - only run. Fridge-dried flowers all have R.H. stable under 70, above 58 and have been added to air dried weights from last week.

Purple 11.5 oz
Purple 21.3 oz
Red 12.9 oz
Red 23.9 oz
Total9.6 oz

They turned out beautifully I’m very pleased to say and yes there will be squishing.

I’m going to let them sit with boveda packs for a few days before I start the cure. I only have one cheap hygrometer, uncalibrated, and boveda packs on the shelf. Thought I’d sharpen it up some. @Sugarleaf warns me about stuff like that, but ‘she’ll be right’ as they say ;)

Flip day 1
Our girls got their last veg dose feed of mc and a quick once over before going back in.
They each stand 20” off the soil and it’s time to go! Their electrical switches got reset. Their hormonal ones will get with the programme shortly.
Thanks for dropping in.
Look nice Donkey...
I just got my boveda packs yesterday.
I have never used them before.
Do they really do a good job?
Are they working good for you?

Nice haul Donk. Sucks those SSH got stepped on by some ahole donkey. I would file a complaint :). Are you using the 62% Bovedas? I just got some 58% I'm giving a go. Like my bud on the dry/crumbly side of life. Keep up the good work.. EEEEEEEEAAAWWWWW

Did you find the different versions of Gorilla Glue (presumably from different breeders) had a 'similarity' to them, because all are supposedly sharing common genetics, or were some of those different versions totally different and seemingly not related? I am currently growing out a Gorilla Glue Auto, both the Gorilla and growing an Auto are new experiences.

I totally share your thoughts on pollinating selective branches to harvest your own seeds. I'm curious as to whether your own seeds have proven to be similar in potency/approval as the breeder seeds you grow. I would assume as long as you start from decent quality it should carry on in your own seeds.:bong:
I like the nugs that gorillas create and also they way it crumbles but is sticky when finished. I have done Gorilla skittelz by Barneys Barneys Farm and loved it. mainly smoking experience of it and had to grow some , now on my top 10 list near the top. ( in progress !). I have a GG4 started by Original sensible seeds and am also growing one from my own accidental mixed seeding seeds that is a Gorilla zkittelz X Barneys farm blue gelato 41. so far so good and a combo of those 2 has given rise to " Fruity Gorilla Sorbet " She is doing good so far at 2 days old and her stem thickness is looking very promising. Rock solid nugs here we come.
day 1 above soil.
20200204_185315.jpg
20200204_185303.jpg

Congrats on the harvest, Double D.
Thanks Al. :high-five: Third one done now.
I’ve run the same gear since the start. Being clones they’ve been the same plants, in fact. Each harvest has been of such better quality than the one before that it has me wondering does cannabis, like cheese, improve with age or is there some other factor at play? :laugh:

They look bloody great DD!
Thank you, man. We had a pretty nice Waitangi Day here, WBU?
0D865873-22D0-4D95-A2CC-75AC92C1A525.jpeg

delicious looking produce :thumb:

Even though past harvests have been full of redder/prettier buds this is the best looking harvest I’ve managed. Finished buds have kept their structure better than before when I’ve mucked it up a bit and nugs got smaller and more solid as they dried. Must be getting the hang of it. I’ve discovered the virtue of leaving stuff alone, I think is what it is.

Look nice Donkey...
I just got my boveda packs yesterday.
I have never used them before.
Do they really do a good job?
Are they working good for you?

Cheers, Cat. They worked straight away I’m dead impressed with them. This is the first time I used them. The big jars in the picture back there were a little drier than they are now having had a boveda in for a couple of days.
Jar stock from my last run hasn’t been particularly squishy. The same nugs tonight (clones,see) got my fingers completely sticky just stripping stalks from 10g. Got a nice big puddle too.

Congrats on the harvest DD! Tasty lookin nugs ya got there :love:

Good to see ya, CC :) And thanks for the kind words. I feel like I finally got these looking about as good as they can, considering they lack the lustre of sparkly goodness of fruitier gear. Now that we know how to do this, and we have some fruitier gear - it’s gonna be like when Dylan went electric.
:ganjamon:

Nice haul Donk. Sucks those SSH got stepped on by some ahole donkey. I would file a complaint :). Are you using the 62% Bovedas? I just got some 58% I'm giving a go. Like my bud on the dry/crumbly side of life. Keep up the good work.. EEEEEEEEAAAWWWWW
Some donkeys are complete asses, it’s true. Whaddayagonnado?
Nick just grew some mean-ass SSH folks. Head over to his if you want to see that done well.
Now you see my working stock, Nick I ask iS IT Helpful if I spell out why your Haze King title is safe? (Regular clue for solving the cryptic: it would take one to beat you) :laugh:

Fruity Gorilla Sorbet

She’s got her dad’s nose. Look, you can see it in your avatar thingy.
Love your work, brother!

:green_heart:

Cheers, Cat. They worked straight away I’m dead impressed with them. This is the first time I used them. The big jars in the picture back there were a little drier than they are now having had a boveda in for a couple of days.
Jar stock from my last run hasn’t been particularly squishy. The same nugs tonight (clones,see) got my fingers completely sticky just stripping stalks from 10g. Got a nice big puddle too.

Good to see ya, CC :) And thanks for the kind words. I feel like I finally got these looking about as good as they can, considering they lack the lustre of sparkly goodness of fruitier gear. Now that we know how to do this, and we have some fruitier gear - it’s gonna be like when Dylan went electric.
:ganjamon:

Some donkeys are complete asses, it’s true. Whaddayagonnado?
Nick just grew some mean-ass SSH folks. Head over to his if you want to see that done well.
Now you see my working stock, Nick I ask iS IT Helpful if I spell out why your Haze King title is safe? (Regular clue for solving the cryptic: it would take one to beat you) :laugh:

She’s got her dad’s nose. Look, you can see it in your avatar thingy.
Love your work, brother!

:green_heart:
[/QUOTE]

Final Harvest Weights

Purple 11.5 oz
Purple 21.3 oz
Red 12.9 oz
Red 23.9 oz
Total9.6 oz

Flip day 1
Thanks for dropping in.
Donkey,
So what size did you get?
And how many per jar did you put in?

what size did you get?
And how many per jar did you put in?
I got the 8g packs. The place I get them had run out of 4’s.
Just one per jar.
If you cut carefully down one side of their cellophane packet you can pop them back in and reseal it with tape.
I used 1 in each of my big jars for a couple of days before removing them and beginning the burping/curing process (and squishing).
Now each of my smaller jars has 1 each and in a day or two I’ll do the same.
The packs will go back in to jars for storage. I don’t know what that part of this is like yet because storage has never been an issue for me before :)
Bring it on, I say!

I got the 8g packs. The place I get them had run out of 4’s.
Just one per jar.
If you cut carefully down one side of their cellophane packet you can pop them back in and reseal it with tape.
I used 1 in each of my big jars for a couple of days before removing them and beginning the burping/curing process (and squishing).
Now each of my smaller jars has 1 each and in a day or two I’ll do the same.
The packs will go back in to jars for storage. I don’t know what that part of this is like yet because storage has never been an issue for me before :)
Bring it on, I say!
Thanks Donkey for the info.
I'll start my harvest in about 2 weeks may be. Now I know about how many to use.
In my 1/2 gallon dark uv jars I will put (2) 8 Gram packets in.
I also bought the little 1" temp/humidity units to put in each jar to see a digital reading of each.

If I may jump in with some Boveda info...they are not designed to bring your jars down to the correct RH. They are designed to hold it there. I've seen growers put a B62 in a jar at 70% RH expecting it to be hunky dory, and end up with moldy buds.

Burp down to roughly 62% (or 58% if that's your preference), and then toss in the Boveda. They add or remove moisture much too slowly to prevent mold in a jar of damp buds, if they could ever drop the RH that much at all.

If I may jump in with some Boveda info...they are not designed to bring your jars down to the correct RH. They are designed to hold it there. I've seen growers put a B62 in a jar at 70% RH expecting it to be hunky dory, and end up with moldy buds.

Burp down to roughly 62% (or 58% if that's your preference), and then toss in the Boveda. They add or remove moisture much too slowly to prevent mold in a jar of damp buds, if they could ever drop the RH that much at all.
Thanks shed....
I need all the help I can get before starting the harvest, drying, and curing.
I got the jars, Boveda packs, and little Temp/Humidity units to use after drying in my hanging drying racks next to the Grow Room.

Back
Top Bottom