Update:

Just started some LST on both my AK47 plant, and Honey Cream. The Honey Cream was transplanted recently so I kept the training minimal on her this time.

0816181558c.jpg
0816181558b.jpg
0816181558a.jpg
0816181558.jpg

Looking great there. Sometimes when the Rockwool cubes are to moist the seeds won’t make make it. They kinda get soggy and just kill lol off make sure you ph down to 5.5 with the cube for 24 hours. Then give it 4 good shakes to get the water out and Introduce oxygen it really helps.

The only reason I didn't top like I did with Willow is honestly solely out of intimidation. I suppose since this is my first grow with seeds I invested in I got scared of chopping at her lol. I know it would be beneficial, I guess I just need to stop being chicken

The only reason I didn't top like I did with Willow is honestly solely out of intimidation. I suppose since this is my first grow with seeds I invested in I got scared of chopping at her lol. I know it would be beneficial, I guess I just need to stop being chicken

For having tried all the different technics available, like topping, fimming, lst, hst, etc... It s just about canopy management at the end. You can top or fim and have 16 little buds or lst and have 8 big ones. At the end yields will be the same if veg time was each time long enough to let the plant recover and if training is done well enough to have multiple tops creating and even canopy. So don't worry. If you do your lst good you will get same yields as topping. Advantage of topping is really the fact that it allows everything to be symmetrical and make training easier. Otherwise a good lst can produce same yields if done correctly

For having tried all the different technics available, like topping, fimming, lst, hst, etc... It s just about canopy management at the end. You can top or fim and have 16 little buds or lst and have 8 big ones. At the end yields will be the same if veg time was each time long enough to let the plant recover and if training is done well enough to have multiple tops creating and even canopy. So don't worry. If you do your lst good you will get same yields as topping. Advantage of topping is really the fact that it allows everything to be symmetrical and make training easier. Otherwise a good lst can produce same yields if done correctly
Fantastic and informative reply, thank you very much for the knowledge! Knowing myself I'm sure I'll be experimenting before long. I'm just pumped about getting closer to my first harvest! I've got a bit of time to go, but after I complete this first one I think I'll feel like a real grower!
Again, many many thanks for the very helpful info!
:ganjamon:

Well folks... My new digital pH meter came today and confirmed my suspicions that pH has been the culprit for many of my issues to date. I was expecting it to be off, but after multiple readings it appears I've all but been trying to murder my poor girls.
God bless good genetics on the plants that have somehow survived this long. Moving forward my lesson learned, and my friendly suggestion to any fellow newbies that may end up reading this:

BUY A DAMN GOOD pH METER FROM THE BEGINNING!!

It has become obvious to me that this is one of the most essential and valuable tools on your belt as a grower.

Live, learn, f##k up... And grow from it.

Update

Winnie ( Honey Cream) was responding happily with no signs of stress from her transplant so I sterilized mmj my pruners and topped her today, I'm going to let BAKky (AK47) grow another node before attempting to either top or FIM her, I haven't decided yet.

I've attached some pics I took of Winnie just after topping:

0817181127.jpg
0817181126a.jpg
0817181126.jpg

Its so exciting taking care of them and watching them grow. One week they small, the next week your wondering how the hell they got so big. Good luck man i'll be following. Im gonna be using the same soil and nutes on my grow that i just started, besides just using led cob lighting and a dif strain. So maybe we can compare after our grows?

Its so exciting taking care of them and watching them grow. One week they small, the next week your wondering how the hell they got so big. Good luck man i'll be following. Im gonna be using the same soil and nutes on my grow that i just started, besides just using led cob lighting and a dif strain. So maybe we can compare after our grows?
It's crazy to see how fast they grow. I could just sit and watch them all day.

I'm glad to have you here, and absolutely look forward to following along with you on your grow as well. And of course we can compare, any reason to bring the girls out for a photo shoot and show them off!

It'll be good to see how the grow goes with the different lighting. I recently out in 2 massive 100W daylite led globe bulbs, 6500k - on regular desk lamps on the floor in both sides of my tent for some extra foliary exposure on the side/lower limbs. So far the girls are acting really happy to have the extra light and it's keeping them nice and bushy.

Happy growing!

I know right? I cant help myself feom checking on them 3 to 4 times a day. Lol obsessed much?

Glad to be here with other like minded people, cant believe it took me this long. My ladies are dirty haha they like everyone looking at them :p.

Yea it will be nice to see. Ive only used diy cobs i've built for my couple indoor grows completed, besides a 450w viparspectra i use on occassion . Sounds like your tent is packed with light haha not going to be a smidge of space waisted. Way to go brother. So how many watts you got going right now?
I have 2 autos going into flower right now other than my photos. Ones moby dick and the other is super lemon kush. Gonna post them on my current journal too if ya wanted to take a look.

I know right? I cant help myself feom checking on them 3 to 4 times a day. Lol obsessed much?

Glad to be here with other like minded people, cant believe it took me this long. My ladies are dirty haha they like everyone looking at them :p.

Yea it will be nice to see. Ive only used diy cobs i've built for my couple indoor grows completed, besides a 450w viparspectra i use on occassion . Sounds like your tent is packed with light haha not going to be a smidge of space waisted. Way to go brother. So how many watts you got going right now?
I have 2 autos going into flower right now other than my photos. Ones moby dick and the other is super lemon kush. Gonna post them on my current journal too if ya wanted to take a look.
I'll definitely pop over and check your journal out.
As far as light goes now I've got a Philzon 600w Led panel with veg/flower settings and the two 100w daylite led globe bulbs.
I've go my first plant which was bag seed in the tent for part of the day and her own special setup I'm working on with some warmer color temp lights(2700k)

It's all been one hell of a learning experience so far and I'm loving it!

Drying Willow's soil for her first round of Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 now.

Fan and cfls positioned and I'm carefully rotating wet soil from the bottom of the pot to the top.

She's almost ready for her supper!

1534616347012-1910749260.jpg

So... I was indecisive about whether I would top or FIM my AK47 'BAKky'

I had decided to FIM but I ended up "FIMming my FIM job"

Now I think she's just awkwardly topped lol. I am curious however, to see how she responds to it.
0818181756a.jpg
0818181755.jpg

So... I was indecisive about whether I would top or FIM my AK47 'BAKky'

I had decided to FIM but I ended up "FIMming my FIM job"

Now I think she's just awkwardly topped lol. I am curious however, to see how she responds to it.
0818181756a.jpg
0818181755.jpg
Looking good man, did you top them with scissors? Usually if i fim i pinch it off with my nails. I get a better grip and precision that way if dont already give it a try.

Looking good man, did you top them with scissors? Usually if i fim i pinch it off with my nails. I get a better grip and precision that way if dont already give it a try.
Thanks mate.
I used scissors, I'll give pinching a try next time to see how it works for me.

BUY A DAMN GOOD pH METER FROM THE BEGINNING!!

My first grow I had a cheap ass POS pH meter and almost paid dearly for that mistake. It would read below 6.0 so I thought I was perfect right on. Poor little plant. But it survived despite my effort and I bought a much nicer one that was a recognizable brand on the higher end and everyone stays much happier. Best is my local Hydro store that I bought it from does free calibrations any time I bring it by for a check up. Very important also.

Thanks for stopping by my thread on Canna Espresso. I will be keeping that going as I try different amounts of ABV and also different doses. The first time out was a bit too strong. Tomorrow I will be doing a single oz of Canna Espresso Tea as I'm now calling it, made from 5 grams of ABV grind and see how the high is. So much fun to experiment.

New growth coming up nicely on Winnie, BAKky has just started showing little nubs as well.
Pictures coming up soon.

Back
Top Bottom