Deffany Grow Journal

A few questions here.

I really don't have my plant on a light schedule so what is a good light schedule to have on my baby? acutally would someone mind explaining to me the whole light schedule thing? :Namaste:

also, I have a question about my set up. It's against basically three walls with one opening. The fan is right at the opening. So what I'm getting at here is will this be a problem (having only one opeing?) someone mentioned to me about the air being stale ? thus me putting the fan at the opening to pull fresh air in.

You should have two openings, on opposite sides of the room. A fan pushing or pulling air through one side and then just a open hole on the other.

As for lights unless you run 24/7 youll need a timer. Also whenever it is that you start to flower you will need to go 12/12 (12 hours on 12 off).

For veg you can use any of the following they all work well and have their own distinct advantages. 24/0, 20/4, 18/6, or 12/5.5/1/5.5(thats 12 on 5.5 off 1 on then 5.5 off)

Personally I use 24/0 currently but later I will try the "GLR method" which is the 12/5.5/1/5.5

I mean it really does not even need to be that big. You could have a 2 inch or 3 inch sized hole on one side. Then put a 4 inch hole with a fan on the other side or in the roof that is blowing air out.

Having the vacant intake hole smaller then the outtake with the fan hole will create negative pressure and will help to really blow out the air.

I'm stuck trying to configure a way on doing this.
You see the set up is basically all under a coffee table, In a corner with wall on the back and right
then there's my mattress against the left side, BUT it's not completely covered, I'd say about 3 inches height and a few feet long.
would this be okay ?

Well one other thing you must remember is it needs to be 100% dark in there or at least 99% :)

I say have your intake vent the opening under your bed then have the outtake facing the room.

Put the vents in the corners like this diagram. Its also preferable (but not necessary) to have the fan high near the ceiling and the intake vent low by the ground. Also remember this works best if the intake is slightly smaller then the outtake.

GROW_BOX.png

I'm stuck trying to configure a way on doing this.
You see the set up is basically all under a coffee table, In a corner with wall on the back and right
then there's my mattress against the left side, BUT it's not completely covered, I'd say about 3 inches height and a few feet long.
would this be okay ?

For the next week maybe. :) You'll need to get a lil' more vertical for sure when she(?) get's going!

Here are mine at 23 days. They were each under their own 23W cfl up to 2 days before this was taken.
IMG_24405.jpg

You can turn most anything into a nice lil' growbox. There's a dude on here who made one out of an old cardboard TV box!

The essentials are Ventilation, Circulation and Reflectivity in your design.

Like Jimmy said, you need to have the hot/stale air moved out and fresh air moving in. (There's a formula for how often depending on the size of your area, but don't sweat that just yet.)

You need a lil' movement in the space so the air moves about. A lil' computer fan works nice for small areas.

Get a box and paint the inside flat white, cut a hole in the top and a hole in the side at the bottom. Mount your lamp, set your timer, place your fan and close it up! Instant DIY growbox! At least to get you through a couple weeks until you have to start worrying about the stink!! :)

Good Luck! I'll stay tuned in too!:popcorn::thumb:

Rofl your guys electric bills must be enormous.

I grow for myself, a family member and 2 friends. I do all the work though and believe me I been busting my fucking ass this past few weeks with this greenhouse stuff.

I am in the desert too. Its tricky growing outdoors (the summer sun is too much for most strains). But it does have advantages as well, like you can foliar feed in flower and shouldnt have budrot or mold problems.

Yikes, sounds like lots of work for one person!

A buddy of mine, actually WestBlunts, is doing a unknown sativa strain out here in the dessert, lemmie tell you it wasn't easy work getting her to adapt to this heat from the past months. But as of now she's thriving ! You may have seen his new grow journal of the plant i'm talking about.

Yeah Sativas will do a bit better usually. But its still very strain dependant.

Also certain OGs will fair better in desertlike climates.

For me during the summer I CONSTANTLY had leaves burning up and crisping up, only my Chem D seemed to handle it really well. The others just burned and burned (which is why I made this greenhouse, well and to grow strawberries in the winter)

But now summer is nearly over and the plants LOVE the 90 degree temps over the 100 degree ones. They are all really growing big time.

Back
Top Bottom