Devil's Carnival: The Community Grow Experience

I would love an opportunity to grow this strain. If you are gifting seeds please count me in. Certainly willing to pay shipping fees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Last week a dozen members here on the mag, and users of doc buds high brix blend kit, met up in Jamaica. A great time was had by all and we were able to share our genetics with them. Hopefully by the time this is stable we will be able to make it more available. Right now it's in the "beta" testing stage.
Im watchin this one!!! :volcano-smiley: Hi friends & neighbors!
:welcome: :passitleft:
I'll sub in and watch. I'll be interested to see whose come out as auto/photo.

:passitleft:
Hopefully we get both lol. Almost everyone wants the photo version and SweetSue and Canna want the auto. It'll be fun to see that's for sure.

:passitleft:

I seen someone said they used riflemans dda seeds and nismo talking about sharing.
How does this work? No offense but how do you know if someone sending seeds isn't DEA? I mean I'd be afraid to give my mailing address.
I mean no offense to anyone. Just curious.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

I seen someone said they used riflemans dda seeds and nismo talking about sharing.
How does this work? No offense but how do you know if someone sending seeds isn't DEA? I mean I'd be afraid to give my mailing address.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Everyone that has these seeds we have personally shaken hands with. :thumb:

Everyone that has these seeds we have personally shaken hands with. :thumb:

Are there get togethers or something? Like to meet and greet everyone someday.

[Disclaimer]

I can't live in fear like that. Genetic distribution and sharing isn't something we can speak of openly, given the federal stance on legalities. Where there's a will, there's a way. These particular seeds got shared last week when we were in Jamaica, meeting for the first time. It's our hope to continue the meetings, and possibly inspire other gatherings. That can get dicey in the states, but there are many legal states to choose from now, aren't there?

Guess it was a stupid question. Sorry everyone.

[Disclaimer]

Guess it was a stupid question. Sorry everyone.

[Disclaimer]

No such a thing bro. :passitleft: come on we been hearing that for years:rofl:
Maybe, it looks like to me, this could be the beginning of something....

Could be gatherings a plenty in all our future

My 2 D.C. are popped and going into HB soil this a.m.

IMG_91474.JPG

TY guys!!
:circle-of-love:

I have my DC seed in the soaked paper towel as I type this. Can't wait to grow this baby out. Nis, should I go directly into the final pot on this seed or put it in a 1 gallon and hope for the best? What are your thoughts?
I'm going to say start it one a 1 gallon. If it is like the DDA and is an auto, you'll know very soon. The DDA Flowers extremely fast. But being an F2 these are considered "the wild group" since anything can happen with this batch of seeds. Odds of being Auto are around 15% - 20% so the choice is yours.

Ok Nis educate me, how did you come up with the ratio for photo to auto percentage?
Mendel's law of genetics is a must read if you ever want to dip your toe into breeding. Tons of info out there and I've only scratched the surface.

Mendel discovered that, when he crossed purebred white flower and purple flower pea plants (the parental or P generation), the result was not a blend. Rather than being a mix of the two, the offspring (known as the F1 generation) was purple-flowered. When Mendel self-fertilized the F1 generation pea plants, he obtained a purple flower to white flower ratio in the F2 generation of 3 to 1.

1cc250ee85b28941ce08bc711c03a2b8.png

So for our purposes his purple trait is considered photoperiod and the white trait is auto flowering. So with his findings he had 25% of his F2 Flowers to show the recessive trait. We can assume the same but since the DDA is not a "pure" ruderalis I took off a few percentage points.

Hope this makes sense for ya. I'll go further in depth if you want. For our breeding program we will looking at other traits as well to find the best candidates for breeding.

Ok thanks for that, I would like that info, it's something I will do eventually. So 1 other question, how do you know which parent is the dominate genetic parent?
Certain traits are considered dominant. If you use eye color in humans for example, blue eyes are considered a recessive trait. So it is still possible to have Blue eyes even though your parents both have brown but you have to breed for it.

So when we find an auto we will self pollinate it then the next run we will back cross with DDA pollen to secure the auto gene. For a photo period we will back cross with carnival pollen. So it looks like carnival will end up in our line up again in the next few months to get some pollen since it was the mother in the original cross.

Just swinging through for a moment. Before I left Jamaica I left seeds with Patrick to drop off with Anthony, the grower I met during my stay. Yesterday I got a picture of Devil's Carnival seedlings growing in Jamaica.

I may not get any more pictures. Patrick and Michelle leave for Minnesota this weekend. It was a special treat to get this one.

IMG_4701.PNG

Back
Top Bottom