Devil's Carnival: The Community Grow Experience

Just swinging through for a moment. Before I left Jamaica I left seeds with Patrick to drop off with Anthony, the grower I met during my stay. Yesterday I got a picture of Devil's Carnival seedlings growing in Jamaica.

I may not get any more pictures. Patrick and Michelle leave for Minnesota this weekend. It was a special treat to get this one.

IMG_4701.PNG

Gimme somadat jahmakin devahls carnival Mon. In my best bad jamaican accent. :ganjamon: That is the coolest. So sad to not see it finish I agree

Here we are at day 35 in flower with our F1 clones. We have about 4 weeks left or so and will have the back building technique done this weekend.

420-magazine-mobile509119707.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1132878958.jpg

420-magazine-mobile363391128.jpg

420-magazine-mobile376278162.jpg

Just a few things we have learned about this strain so far:

-It stretches a good deal in the first 3 weeks into flower so be prepared for it. (12" or so)

-I have noticed a couple leaves with brix burn so a lighter mixture wouldn't hurt.

-The stems are very very stiff so any training that is needed should be done early.

I will continue to share our findings and I hope we can get others opinions on it as well. As soon as this run is complete I want to get it tested and share the results. Maybe we can cross it again with another strain to amplify some desired traits. We shall see.

Our little ones are taking their time growing and I think it has to do with the small pots they are in. They have a decent amount of roots so they will be going in some 1s this weekend. Pictures will follow later today.

:passitleft:

Amazing, you're getting the Carnival structure with the DDA coloration. I can't wait to plant my first two next month. :slide:

........ Looking back at it, that's definately Carnival's genetics being the dominant expression.

all of you hb vets starting in solos. makes me wonder about conspiracy theories. lol

I start mine in one gallons. You're not alone RedDragon. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Amazing, you're getting the Carnival structure with the DDA coloration. I can't wait to plant my first two next month. :slide:

........ Looking back at it, that's definately Carnival's genetics being the dominant expression.
That's exactly what I was thinking Sue. The smell already is amazing! Just by grabbing the branches to hold onto it while I took a picture, my fingers were sticky like glue.

That's exactly what I was thinking Sue. The smell already is amazing! Just by grabbing the branches to hold onto it while I took a picture, my fingers were sticky like glue.

How would you characterize the smell? My Carnivals have a strong citrus/fuel edge and the DDAs have a sweet berry/fuel, so I'm expecting the fuel part carried over. What fruit are we anticipating?

Any of the spicy taste from the DDAs carrying over?

How would you characterize the smell? My Carnivals have a strong citrus/fuel edge and the DDAs have a sweet berry/fuel, so I'm expecting the fuel part carried over. What fruit are we anticipating?
Omg. Lol. I had to say that. :rofl:
Anyhow wow, citrus/fuel and berry fuel ? Is this berry like a soft berry or a very.... hmmm, outspoken berry ? Deisal or... ?
Nismo I suppose this is a question for you, maybe ?

I am so curious. For real.
Okay I'm gonna get. I'm riding around in the car today. A lot.
So I'm just reading every now and again.
By the by I almost didn't shoot you my normal :hug: SS :hug:
I gotta get me some of that DC

I can't live in fear like that. Genetic distribution and sharing isn't something we can speak of openly, given the federal stance on legalities. Where there's a will, there's a way. These particular seeds got shared last week when we were in Jamaica, meeting for the first time. It's our hope to continue the meetings, and possibly inspire other gatherings. That can get dicey in the states, but there are many legal states to choose from now, aren't there?

Ok, all caught up. YES! I would be all in for a Brix meet up here in MI. I was just thinking about that. Found out that a large grow operation is going near my wifes family Up-North spot. Part of me getting into this hobby is for business purposes, I don't want anything in this industry to pass me by. So, here I am thinking about these large companies coming in with commercial grows happening. How diverse are they? What kind of quality control will be in their product? How much insecticides are sprayed on this shit?

Now, look at 420 mag in general, CRAZY diversity. People splicing genes left and right, all in small batches with much success. I love it! Watching a strain like this is pretty fun. I was actually looking up "Devils Carnival" seeds for a minute before I realized that this was a homemade strain. Its great, keep up the good work Nis/Canna, and everyone else! :thanks:

Any Michiganders wanna meet up somehow, I'm down. Now I gotta get on the journey of making a cross. Oh yeah! <---said that like the Koolaid man

:lot-o-toke:

Any of the spicy taste from the DDAs carrying over?
So I'm currently sitting with her and smoking a joint of her mother. So let's take all this in. :tokin:

Took in a nice big whiff and all i could muster up to say was, "Oh My God." Yeah. So she currently has a Berry and citrus smell to her. Definately. The fuel isn't there right now but if she ends up like her mother, then it'll be there.

As for the smoke, it is almost like a spicy berry. The spice is subtle but you can tell it's there. Doesn't taste like a diesel strain,which is good IMHO, but the smell is there.

As for effect, I am glad I am doing chores currently since I am very focused and goal oriented. Once I'm done here I'm going to go play baseball. So very active strain. Not stoned...just high and feeling good.

Hope that makes sense lol.

So I'm currently sitting with her and smoking a joint of her mother. So let's take all this in. :tokin:

Took in a nice big whiff and all i could muster up to say was, "Oh My God." Yeah. So she currently has a Berry and citrus smell to her. Definately. The fuel isn't there right now but if she ends up like her mother, then it'll be there.

As for the smoke, it is almost like a spicy berry. The spice is subtle but you can tell it's there. Doesn't taste like a diesel strain,which is good IMHO, but the smell is there.

As for effect, I am glad I am doing chores currently since I am very focused and goal oriented. Once I'm done here I'm going to go play baseball. So very active strain. Not stoned...just high and feeling good.

Hello yeah! I smoke some Carnival before I go to BJJ class. Love how it makes me just relax and go with the flow. helps me alot.

That makes perfect sense. Lol! I spent a good part of the past couple days detailing my kitchen and culling through drawers and cubbies, getting my belongings down to absolute basics, so the focused motivation is a hallmark of Carnival. Good to see that carried over. I find my DDAs akin to speed in plant form once they're processed into brownies. I'll be interested in seeing how that translates with the Devil's Carnival.

I'll be planting in about a month from now. That should still give me time to get a harvest in before any move happens.

Back
Top Bottom