DIY Stealth Cab, Hydro, LED & Multiple Strains in Small Space - Oh Boy!

wow thats whats up, cause if mine are only at 15 days and mines look some what like that already i can just imagine what they are gonna look like in another week or 2,,, damn i can wait,,,i think i need to name my journal that cause thats all i keep sayin "Damn i Cant Wait".....but yea your plants are lookin good, i wish i had space to veg and flower at the same time because i would have both goin on rite now...ohwell im beyond happy with what i got rite now, if u would of asked me a year ago if i would be doin this i prolly would tell u no, then i walked into a thrift store, i seen the strereo cabinet and the idea popped in my head outta nowhere, now i got 4 beautiful females bustin pistils everywhere!!!! crazy how shit happens.... :tokin:

I'd wait it out on lucy K, she looks better in the more recent pic you posted, maybe I'm going crazy but it looks like her color is coming back. I think if you just play by her rules a little bit longer she'll pull through. Keep hitting her with the zone and one day you'll come in and she'll be twice the size, but you know that. Thats exactly how my res plants were. They grew great from seed to about 10 days, now going on 3 months later, they look like they are 3 weeks from seed but they are moving along nicely. I no longer have to adjust PH in the res, I adjust it when I put the nutes in on saturday and thats it. Even on wed. when I do a top off with water and nutes I only adjust the PH in the solution I'm adding and it balances out and I dont have to touch it. I really thought dwc was a hassle, its actually been almost easier than my soil plants since you and H helped me get it together. The only problem is they are starting to out grow their res and I will have to bump them up to something a tad bit bigger. I think I may put them in 5 gallon buckets (I have some 8" 5 gallon bucket top net pots I picked up in the beginning of this ride). Either that or I may have to invest in some water farms like you have, I didnt know how good those things were till I started reading your thread.

Anyhow, I'll still be around here. I just dont know if I should start another journal. I did get a response sometime between last night and today from 420 girl and she's looking into it for me. I obviously did something wrong, I would have rather just known what I did rather than loose all that info. Thats the part that sucks. If they pmed me and said its going to be deleted if X doesnt happen or if X happens again, it would have been taken care of, or I would have been at least able to copy/paste some of the stuff I wanted.

Whatever, I'll let you know when and where I start another. It will probably be when I get to cloning, makes no sense to start one again for some vegging plants.

I'd wait it out on lucy K, she looks better in the more recent pic you posted, maybe I'm going crazy but it looks like her color is coming back. I think if you just play by her rules a little bit longer she'll pull through. Keep hitting her with the zone and one day you'll come in and she'll be twice the size, but you know that. Thats exactly how my res plants were. They grew great from seed to about 10 days, now going on 3 months later, they look like they are 3 weeks from seed but they are moving along nicely. I no longer have to adjust PH in the res, I adjust it when I put the nutes in on saturday and thats it. Even on wed. when I do a top off with water and nutes I only adjust the PH in the solution I'm adding and it balances out and I dont have to touch it. I really thought dwc was a hassle, its actually been almost easier than my soil plants since you and H helped me get it together. The only problem is they are starting to out grow their res and I will have to bump them up to something a tad bit bigger. I think I may put them in 5 gallon buckets (I have some 8" 5 gallon bucket top net pots I picked up in the beginning of this ride). Either that or I may have to invest in some water farms like you have, I didnt know how good those things were till I started reading your thread.

Anyhow, I'll still be around here. I just dont know if I should start another journal. I did get a response sometime between last night and today from 420 girl and she's looking into it for me. I obviously did something wrong, I would have rather just known what I did rather than loose all that info. Thats the part that sucks. If they pmed me and said its going to be deleted if X doesnt happen or if X happens again, it would have been taken care of, or I would have been at least able to copy/paste some of the stuff I wanted.

Whatever, I'll let you know when and where I start another. It will probably be when I get to cloning, makes no sense to start one again for some vegging plants.

They probably didn't like that you were using so many periods in your posts! I'm sure their servers only have so much room for extra punctuation! :rofl:

Either way, I hope they get it worked out for you quick!

I definately LOVE the waterfarms, but, since you have the room, you can convert a 5 gallon bucket and a 3 gallon bucket into a waterfarm for something like $20 (including buckets, but not including air pump). There's a Waterfarm kit that retails for something like $14.95. Just drill out the holes in the 3 gallon bucket and nest it in the 5 gallon bucket, add the kit, and, voila, you have a waterfarm!

do u think it would work with smaller buckets and using cfls? cause shit if i can put somethin together to fit in my cab i might give that a try one time.do u know of a forum that shows about it? let me know

do u think it would work with smaller buckets and using cfls? cause shit if i can put somethin together to fit in my cab i might give that a try one time.do u know of a forum that shows about it? let me know

It won't be an issue using CFL's, other than the same issues you'd have using CFL's with any other style of grow.

It would work, at least in theory, with smaller buckets, but once the plants get big, they drink a lot of water, so if you're bottom res isn't big enough, you'll be topping off with water daily, if not multiple times per day.

Here's a good picture showing how the waterfarms are setup:

waterfarm.gif

The air pump pushes air down the tube, which then forces water back up the tube and through the top drip ring.

You can see the kit here:

Amazon: General Hydroponics Waterfarm Plumbing Kit

1667443879995.png

If you google "Waterfarm Tips" or "waterfarm mods" you'll get some good advice on how to make it much better by enlarging and increasing the number of drain holes and adding an airstone to the bottom res to make the water even more highly oxygenated.

If you still have questions, feel free to post or PM them and I'll be happy to try to help.

I really dont know what I am gonna do myself. DWC is just so easy, 5 gallon bucket, air pump and stone, net pot that fits bucket. Not a whole lot to them. Then again I built a cloner a few weeks ago and the past couple days I've been getting it ready and adjusting and making a few changes and all that and its been causing a likeness towards aero now, I may try messing with aero a little as well as dwc as I also picked up some nozzles a while back as well as some extra neoprene collars so I have enough stuff to make some different stuff (I just wish I knew what worked best for me before doing it, but learning is half the fun right?). However, dwc is working fine for the moment so if I do put something aero together it will be with clones and not the plants in my res now, they've been through enough at this point, but they are getting big. I had to move them away from each other because they were to close, 3-4 days later it looks like I'll be moving them again very soon.

Lemme ask this..... (few extra periods for the mods......) what do any of you think would be the best way to get these roots into the larger net pot? Just sit the 3" net pot right into the 8" pot just as it sits and just let the roots find their own way to the water/bubbles and just fill in with hydroton on top of them? Carefully putting the hydroton in of course...

Lemme ask this..... (few extra periods for the mods......) what do any of you think would be the best way to get these roots into the larger net pot? Just sit the 3" net pot right into the 8" pot just as it sits and just let the roots find their own way to the water/bubbles and just fill in with hydroton on top of them? Carefully putting the hydroton in of course...

Yes. You may want to cut away some of the plastic "netting" on the smaller netpot to give the roots more room to grow/expand, but you basically just put the small one in the big one and fill it in (so to speak!).

You can also remove some of the netting on the larger netpot to feed some roots into the res, as long as it still supports the smaller netpot/plant/hydroton.

thats cool shit, i seen alot of that stuff at walmart in the fish tank section and most of it was really cheap, i just might give it a try soon or later... shit right now im just tryna get this soil under control...:tokin:

QUESTION ON HARVEST TIMING:

Guys, I need some input regading harvest timing...

As a background, according to the breeder, the AK should finish in 56 days (8 full weeks). I understand this estimate is usually agressive, and using LED's it may take longer.

With the AN nutes I'm using, two weeks before the week of final flush, I'm supposed to stop using the Big Bud and start using the Overdrive. So, if it was really 8 full weeks to finish, in weeks 6 & 7 I would switch the Big Bud for Overdrive and week 8 I would flush.

So, the question is, how do I know when I'm THREE weeks before finish or TWO weeks before the week of final flush? Should I just add a week or two to the breeder's estimate or is there some "tell-tale" sign I should look for (like trichome production?) before switching nutes?

Any thoughts/input is greatly appreciated!

:thanks:

BTW....I don't mind lettiing it go a little longer to get the couch-lock effect, so was planning on harvesting when mostly cloudy/amber

If it was me, and it is not, I would look @ what kind of pheno traits you are getting- i.e.- if more indica traits figure 9 weeks & if showing more sativa traits figure 10 or maybe 11 weeks. I could have took the P.Kush & Hawaiian already but The HOG is showing more sativa pheno traits so continued with plan of going 10 weeks. From the look of the trichs I think I did right. And like you I want some of mine to be the bedtime couch locking wonder of the plant, so going a little longer on the others is no big deal to me. Hope it helps!

Happy Grows ~H~

Thanks Mr Krip ! :slide:

Guess I have to see things before I understand what's happing. I've always been a visual learner and that picture of the waterfarm did it for me. Looks quite simple to do actually. Thanks again. :thanks:

Glad I could help, OMM! A picture says a thousand words, so it saved me a lot of typing! :tokin:

yea they look damn good, shit i hope mines look like that when its that far into flower... i need to get me a nute kit, maybe it will help me alittle better... :tokin:

Suka, I don't know if you need to invest in a whole "nute kit" but you definately should start putting together the nutrients & additives you want to be using.

Start first with the base nutes (micro/grow/bloom for hydro). Those alone should provide ALL of the nutrients needed to take the plant through harvest. In fact, I know with GH Nutes, you can eliminate the "grow" nutes entirely (using the Lucas formula), since they provide the same N-P-K but just in different ratios.

Once you have your base nutes, then start looking at what additives you may want to use. They have additives for everything from helping roots, to helping buds put on mass, helping tricome production, and just about anything else you can think of or they can market! LOL!

If it was me, and it is not, I would look @ what kind of pheno traits you are getting- i.e.- if more indica traits figure 9 weeks & if showing more sativa traits figure 10 or maybe 11 weeks. I could have took the P.Kush & Hawaiian already but The HOG is showing more sativa pheno traits so continued with plan of going 10 weeks. From the look of the trichs I think I did right. And like you I want some of mine to be the bedtime couch locking wonder of the plant, so going a little longer on the others is no big deal to me. Hope it helps!

Happy Grows ~H~

H, thanks!

Yeah, that's what I figured...just add a week to the breeder's estimate of 8 weeks and I'll get to nine weeks on the indica (AK) and 10.5 weeks for the haze (sativa), so I was basically right on. I just didn't know if there was a better way of timing it.

QUESTION ON HARVEST TIMING:

Guys, I need some input regading harvest timing...

As a background, according to the breeder, the AK should finish in 56 days (8 full weeks). I understand this estimate is usually agressive, and using LED's it may take longer.

With the AN nutes I'm using, two weeks before the week of final flush, I'm supposed to stop using the Big Bud and start using the Overdrive. So, if it was really 8 full weeks to finish, in weeks 6 & 7 I would switch the Big Bud for Overdrive and week 8 I would flush.

So, the question is, how do I know when I'm THREE weeks before finish or TWO weeks before the week of final flush? Should I just add a week or two to the breeder's estimate or is there some "tell-tale" sign I should look for (like trichome production?) before switching nutes?

Any thoughts/input is greatly appreciated!

BTW....I don't mind lettiing it go a little longer to get the couch-lock effect, so was planning on harvesting when mostly cloudy/amber

Okay, I'm going to guess that the 56 days is flowering time. Note that this is actually a bit different than days in 12/12. So, they mean 56 days from the beginning of "flowering" which is when your ladies start producing flowers. Adding another 10-14 days to your days since 12/12 started number should give you a decent "estimate" of your finish time. I'd start your regimen at approximately day 49 from 12/12 if that makes sense.

Looking good! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom