Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

How am I looking here? I will be up potting the back 2 to 1 gallon tomorrow and starting veg. The 2 front are behind because of germination issues. The LSD is staying idle but showing green growth so I gave it a small dose of rescue just to play around.
My question for the back 2 is why are the leaves slumped? Low humidity maybe?
Thanks guys
DC121C04-A251-44D0-814D-8272D3CFC590.jpeg
A71172ED-8044-4446-BF4A-DBE09421AE5A.jpeg
6D541D2F-BD4B-470E-8E2D-7CF937F027AC.jpeg

Your plants look fine, to me, Brother! :welldone:
You just have some small plants with some big, heavy indica leaves.

Your plants look fine, to me, Brother! :welldone:
You just have some small plants with some big, heavy indica leaves.
That was also my thoughts, First run so all is a learning experience for me. I wanted to do a journal but with work I wouldn't are able to be committed

That was also my thoughts, First run so all is a learning experience for me. I wanted to do a journal but with work I wouldn't are able to be committed

I HIGHLY recommend a journal. You don't need to post every day, or even every week. My current journal has been active since July 2016 and I just got back a few months ago from about a year of not posting! (My house was being remodeled and had to take the grow down.).

Everyone here understands that there's a life outside of :420:
(It's just not anywhere near as enjoyable!:rofl: ) so just post when you can and you'll have access to lots of great growers who are also great people and will be happy to help you along.
Good luck on your first grow - you're off to a great start! :welldone:

I agree with Krip about doing a journal. If you start one, let us know. I'm wondering if you should let those plants go a little longer in the solos until there is a better root structure, especially the small ones. If you are a new kit grower, it's reccomended at you follow directions and not experiment.

:passitleft:

Morning 420! I’ve got my soil about three or four days from being ready for use. I’m so excited!

@FutRfarmer Are the back two plants, NL and Blueberry, drinking a lot of water? I ask because if they are being watered every day or every other day those leaves might be pointing to the roots saying “help we’re choking.” Given the date planted, it doesn’t seem likely they are root bound yet, just something to keep in mind. You’re running some interesting strains man, start a journal! Many folks search the strain they are growing so they can get acquainted with how they grow or what the effects are like.

Other than that, make sure they get that dry cycle so the roots are forced to search for moisture. I’ve got a few babies that are roughly 20 days old and I’ve only watered twice since they were out of ground. I tease the roots by watering the outside of the cup slowly. They seem to take forever to drink at this age.

How am I looking here? I will be up potting the back 2 to 1 gallon tomorrow and starting veg. The 2 front are behind because of germination issues. The LSD is staying idle but showing green growth so I gave it a small dose of rescue just to play around.
My question for the back 2 is why are the leaves slumped? Low humidity maybe?
Thanks guys
A71172ED-8044-4446-BF4A-DBE09421AE5A.jpeg
6D541D2F-BD4B-470E-8E2D-7CF937F027AC.jpeg

Well, let's problem solve.

Step one, identify problems:

1. Low humidity. Is it low?
2. Fan very near the starts....super stressful, especially with low humidity
3. Solo cups. Roots are getting bright light on them. They much prefer darkness. I recommend starting in one gallons and Transplanting once, not twice.
4. Those plants aren't ready to transplant. If you transplant too early it's like the roots will be disturbed a great deal.

Step two, take action to solve the problems:

1. Get the environment in check. Nothing is more important. What's the tent resting on BTW? Concrete slab maybe? Is the floor cold?
2. Move the fan so the plants aren't that near it. They'll be way happier.
3. Wrap some electrical tape or dark, light-proof paper, or both around those cups so the roots aren't getting light. Don't use solo cups next time. Roots are super important, especially the myco/root/soil relationship. Solo cups just won't cut it in that department.
4. Wait a week to Transplant, so the roots aren't quite as traumatized. Do a full strength Transplant drench when you transplant.

Soak them in a Rescue Drench but only AFTER the environment and light-dep on the roots is accomplished....and when they're dry.

Once they get into a proper container without a hostile environment they'll do much better.

Well, let's problem solve.

Step one, identify problems:

1. Low humidity. Is it low?
2. Fan very near the starts....super stressful, especially with low humidity
3. Solo cups. Roots are getting bright light on them. They much prefer darkness. I recommend starting in one gallons and Transplanting once, not twice.
4. Those plants aren't ready to transplant. If you transplant too early it's like the roots will be disturbed a great deal.

Step two, take action to solve the problems:

1. Get the environment in check. Nothing is more important. What's the tent resting on BTW? Concrete slab maybe? Is the floor cold?
2. Move the fan so the plants aren't that near it. They'll be way happier.
3. Wrap some electrical tape or dark, light-proof paper, or both around those cups so the roots aren't getting light. Don't use solo cups next time. Roots are super important, especially the myco/root/soil relationship. Solo cups just won't cut it in that department.
4. Wait a week to Transplant, so the roots aren't quite as traumatized. Do a full strength Transplant drench when you transplant.

Soak them in a Rescue Drench but only AFTER the environment and light-dep on the roots is accomplished....and when they're dry.

Once they get into a proper container without a hostile environment they'll do much better.
Tent is in a upstairs spare room in hardwood floors.
Humidity is steady between 30-45
Temps are lights on 73-78
Lights out 68-72
I will move the fan immediately
And wrap the cups with tape also.
That you DOC!!! And yes I will absolutely go with 1 gallon next time.
I will buy a exact control humidifier for the 5x5 when flower
I will try a damp paper towel for the 2/12x2/12 for veg?
Thank you again for the guidance

Morning 420! I’ve got my soil about three or four days from being ready for use. I’m so excited!

@FutRfarmer Are the back two plants, NL and Blueberry, drinking a lot of water? I ask because if they are being watered every day or every other day those leaves might be pointing to the roots saying “help we’re choking.” Given the date planted, it doesn’t seem likely they are root bound yet, just something to keep in mind. You’re running some interesting strains man, start a journal! Many folks search the strain they are growing so they can get acquainted with how they grow or what the effects are like.

Other than that, make sure they get that dry cycle so the roots are forced to search for moisture. I’ve got a few babies that are roughly 20 days old and I’ve only watered twice since they were out of ground. I tease the roots by watering the outside of the cup slowly. They seem to take forever to drink at this age.
I’m letting the soil dry upblike a dessert before watering, about every 3 days

I HIGHLY recommend a journal. You don't need to post every day, or even every week. My current journal has been active since July 2016 and I just got back a few months ago from about a year of not posting! (My house was being remodeled and had to take the grow down.).

Everyone here understands that there's a life outside of :420:
(It's just not anywhere near as enjoyable!:rofl: ) so just post when you can and you'll have access to lots of great growers who are also great people and will be happy to help you along.
Good luck on your first grow - you're off to a great start! :welldone:
Journal will be started tonight or in the morning

Hey FF? When you say damp,paper towel, are you talking about germinating your seeds that way? If so, I know Doc advises against that and I have been having great success using his method of dropping he seeds right in the 1's of kit soil (needs to be thoroughly moistened) and then I hang a curly CFL right above the soil for heat and for light when they pop up which has been on average 2 1/2 days! No soaking, no paper towels just seeds in soil baby! I know plenty of people have success with paper towel and/or soaking but I've never had a more sucessful or quick method. Drop a link here when you start your journal.

Hey FF? When you say damp,paper towel, are you talking about germinating your seeds that way? If so, I know Doc advises against that and I have been having great success using his method of dropping he seeds right in the 1's of kit soil (needs to be thoroughly moistened) and then I hang a curly CFL right above the soil for heat and for light when they pop up which has been on average 2 1/2 days! No soaking, no paper towels just seeds in soil baby! I know plenty of people have success with paper towel and/or soaking but I've never had a more sucessful or quick method. Drop a link here when you start your journal.

Hi can I ask if you guys are putting them in water to soak or just going straight to the soil with the seeds?
I have a 2’ fluorescent t5 fixture that I use for seedlings generally.

Thanks for the knowledge on solo cups Doc. Going from 1 gallon to 7 or 10 certainly sounds like less work!

Keeping it simple, nice! I got my soil cooked and as soon as I get my order from Seedsman ( I need to check the mailbox actually) I’ll be trying this! Never went straight to soil.
Actually, I do all my seeds that way for my non420 garden

I used the paper towel method went 4/4
I was thinking of setting a damp paper towel in the tent for humidity

Oh, gotcha FF. Yeah a bucket of water with a hand towel draped over the edge wicking up the water works ok but this is not a great permanent solution. I have a little huey in the tent on same timer as the lights so it's only on when lights are on since rh is higher at lights out.

Oh, gotcha FF. Yeah a bucket of water with a hand towel draped over the edge wicking up the water works ok but this is not a great permanent solution. I have a little huey in the tent on same timer as the lights so it's only on when lights are on since rh is higher at lights out.

This is my first run ever so I’m open to all and be any techs

if you guys are putting them in water to soak or just going straight to the soil with the seeds?
Hey Archie! Straight in the soil just like in nature.:yummy:
I soak seeds 12-24 hours, or less if they sink quickly. I’m fairly sure Doc and others pre-soak seeds, mostly.

Clearly not soaking them works just fine as well!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom