Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

My First Harvest ever I used Doc Buds products and had a Great out come

First Harvest 1.jpg
First Harvest 2.jpg
I did turn the light off I was only using to take a photo and then I turned it off right after

Hey Y'all,
I have some plant problems that I hope you guys can help me solve.

My plants started to yellow quite a bit, only on new growth. The old growth kept green. I have them a rescue drench, it's been about a week now. I have just given them some plain water but only one seems to be recovering. (White widow)

I do have a bit of an aphid problem as well right now, there are a bunch of ladybugs working on that for me.

I've also attached a photo of one of the leaves . There does seems to be a bit of purple stem going on as well but only on the leaf.

Other than that day temp maxes out at 26C and night time is 22C. Humidity 40-75%.

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_134001.jpg
    IMG_20200327_134001.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20200327_133948.jpg
    IMG_20200327_133948.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200327_132637.jpg
    IMG_20200327_132637.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200327_132633.jpg
    IMG_20200327_132633.jpg
    971.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200327_132628.jpg
    IMG_20200327_132628.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200327_132621.jpg
    IMG_20200327_132621.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49
Hey Y'all,
I have some plant problems that I hope you guys can help me solve.

My plants started to yellow quite a bit, only on new growth. The old growth kept green. I have them a rescue drench, it's been about a week now. I have just given them some plain water but only one seems to be recovering. (White widow)

I do have a bit of an aphid problem as well right now, there are a bunch of ladybugs working on that for me.

I've also attached a photo of one of the leaves . There does seems to be a bit of purple stem going on as well but only on the leaf.

Other than that day temp maxes out at 26C and night time is 22C. Humidity 40-75%.

What’s size pots are you growing in. At what ratio are you feeding your plants. Humidity at 40 % in veg seems a bit low.

What’s size pots are you growing in. At what ratio are you feeding your plants. Humidity at 40 % in veg seems a bit low.

7 gallon pots, I'm following the grow guide from Doc Bud. I did a rescue drench a week ago and I wait until they dry out before watering, which was today.40% humidity is what it dips down, it's a definetly a bit lower than I would like. It's near impossible to get higher where I am.

And the floor? Is it insulated, or are the pots sitting on concrete?

I don't have control over humidity either and when it's low, there's not much I can do to avoid leaf fade. They don't look bad yet, but it wouldn't hurt to spray them down daily with plain water - foliar spray. That raises humidity for a couple hours. But Spring is on the way! They'll need it more in bloom than veg.

You can attack the bugs with a pressurized water spray, too. That annoys the crap out of 'em. :cheesygrinsmiley:

7 gallon pots, I'm following the grow guide from Doc Bud. I did a rescue drench a week ago and I wait until they dry out before watering, which was today.40% humidity is what it dips down, it's a definetly a bit lower than I would like. It's near impossible to get higher where I am.

How many ml of drench are you giving them per gallon of water. For instance I feed mine and use 5 gallon buckets. I give mine about 60-80 ml of drench per 5 gallon bucket with 5 ml tea. One problem I had in beginning was feeding to light and plants were getting faded early in there life.

How many ml of drench are you giving them per gallon of water. For instance I feed mine and use 5 gallon buckets. I give mine about 60-80 ml of drench per 5 gallon bucket with 5 ml tea. One problem I had in beginning was feeding to light and plants were getting faded early in there life.
I gave one ounce a gallon of transplant and 6ml of tea. For all four I gave a total of 6 gallons, 6oz of drench and 32ml of tea. So per plant they are getting 45ml of drench. Are you saying I should boost that to 60-80ml/plant?

And the floor? Is it insulated, or are the pots sitting on concrete?

I don't have control over humidity either and when it's low, there's not much I can do to avoid leaf fade. They don't look bad yet, but it wouldn't hurt to spray them down daily with plain water - foliar spray. That raises humidity for a couple hours. But Spring is on the way! They'll need it more in bloom than veg.

You can attack the bugs with a pressurized water spray, too. That annoys the crap out of 'em. :cheesygrinsmiley:

They are sitting on concrete floors. I have a crate I can put on to raise them off, I have done that in the past. Do you think thats the culprit? Too cold in the root zone and the microbes aren't active enough?

They are sitting on concrete floors. I have a crate I can put on to raise them off, I have done that in the past. Do you think thats the culprit? Too cold in the root zone and the microbes aren't active enough?

Get 'em off the floor and find out. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

It's been a problem for others. That concrete is a helluva cold sink - sucks heat out 24 hours a day.

I gave one ounce a gallon of transplant and 6ml of tea. For all four I gave a total of 6 gallons, 6oz of drench and 32ml of tea. So per plant they are getting 45ml of drench. Are you saying I should boost that to 60-80ml/plant?

No id say your already feeding on the higher side. I’ll let doc chime in on this one. Just in a case I’m wrong. Sorry for any confusion caused already.

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc,

Even if those weren't high brix plants, the yield looks like it should be quite acceptable to any grower.
I think you are right Hash Hound, I am in for allot of reading and notes, takes me a while to soak stuff in but once absorbed its readily available and will surely help in my new Hobby, Will be at the start of the book Doc, keep cooking I like the smell it makes. Lol Cheers

My First Harvest ever I used Doc Buds products and had a Great out come

First Harvest 1.jpg
First Harvest 2.jpg
I did turn the light off I was only using to take a photo and then I turned it off right after
Excellent... I would love my drying room to look like that... will go look at your journal.

Back
Top Bottom