Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Couple questions for you guys this morning.

I have a plant that is constantly having yellowing of lower leaves. We are still in veg. About 2 months in. In a 2.5gal pot. All 4 have soil from same bin with just the one losing leaves. Strength of my drenches are about 15ml per gallon. Environment isn’t perfect but is on par for what I can get this time of year. I have struggled with gnats this grow as well and still have some. Just listing all that Incase it’s pertinent info. Question is what would causeyellowing and loss of leaves in veg. Beenlosing them steadily through most of veg.

Second question. When I remove some of the completely yellow ones, previously healthy looking leaves begin to yellow. The ones I remove will easily pluck off. If they don’t they stay most of the time. Would it be better practice to leave the yellow ones on the plant until they are completely dead and crispy or to continue removing them once they are completely yellow?
How root bound are they? The lower leaves will do that when the plant starts to get root bound.

If they are squashed into an area where the lower leaves don't get light, they'll also start to yellow. I tend to have that problem in veg regularly. Once you up pot they should be fine.

I pull them off if they are falling off easily. If not, I leave them attached as they still have some nutrients stored that the plant can use.

Couple questions for you guys this morning.

I have a plant that is constantly having yellowing of lower leaves. We are still in veg. About 2 months in. In a 2.5gal pot. All 4 have soil from same bin with just the one losing leaves. Strength of my drenches are about 15ml per gallon. Environment isn’t perfect but is on par for what I can get this time of year. I have struggled with gnats this grow as well and still have some. Just listing all that Incase it’s pertinent info. Question is what would causeyellowing and loss of leaves in veg. Beenlosing them steadily through most of veg.

Second question. When I remove some of the completely yellow ones, previously healthy looking leaves begin to yellow. The ones I remove will easily pluck off. If they don’t they stay most of the time. Would it be better practice to leave the yellow ones on the plant until they are completely dead and crispy or to continue removing them once they are completely yellow?

It's only the one plant......cull it. Obviously something is wrong with nitrogen uptake. Just toss it in the bin and grow another!

Hey brixers, just a little update on some of my plants. We are at day 22 of bloom and looking good. My Black Lime Bubba's keep getting reposted on Katsu's IG and I keep waking up to people asking about my grow secret. Of course my only response is Doc's soil with an invitation to 420 mag. I don't have secrets, just the kit soil and this forum.

Deluxe Slurbet - IHG
20200404_175623.jpg
20200404_175555.jpg
20200404_175406.jpg

Black Lime Bubba
20200404_175342.jpg
20200404_175257.jpg
20200404_174147.jpg
20200404_174055.jpg

Hey brixers, just a little update on some of my plants. We are at day 22 of bloom and looking good. My Black Lime Bubba's keep getting reposted on Katsu's IG and I keep waking up to people asking about my grow secret. Of course my only response is Doc's soil with an invitation to 420 mag. I don't have secrets, just the kit soil and this forum.

Black Lime Bubba
20200404_175342.jpg
20200404_175257.jpg
20200404_174147.jpg
20200404_174055.jpg

OK. So that's perfect. What's your secret? How many years have you been doing this?

Hi team, I just ordered the Kit of Amazon I’m so excited to finally try this!
I wish my soil had cooked sooner so I could go with Docs kit/system this grow :( but my soil wont be ready for another 3 to 5 weeks so I went ahead and used my Super Cool Super Soil and my Coots mix with this run then I will have plenty of soil cooked that I can just keep rotating it and recooking it now that I will have two rounds of Docs soil.

I wish my soil had cooked sooner so I could go with Docs kit/system this grow :( but my soil wont be ready for another 3 to 5 weeks so I went ahead and used my Super Cool Super Soil and my Coots mix with this run then I will have plenty of soil cooked that I can just keep rotating it and recooking it now that I will have two rounds of Docs soil.

I think you're going to be surprised at the differences between the 3 soils.

I think you're going to be surprised at the differences between the 3 soils.
I am really Heart broke about having to use my other soil, I would SO Much rather use your soil but it still needs to cook, Poor planning on my part. I pulled close to 2 pounds from my last grow so I know how good your soil/kit works. This time around I doubt I will get half of that and I am sure the quality is MUCH better with the kit/soil. There are a few of us that is going to tackle Nevills Haze in late July so I had to get this grow going so I can finish by then. :( :nervous-guy:

I
I am really Heart broke about having to use my other soil, I would SO Much rather use your soil but it still needs to cook, Poor planning on my part. I pulled close to 2 pounds from my last grow so I know how good your soil/kit works. This time around I doubt I will get half of that and I am sure the quality is MUCH better with the kit/soil. There are a few of us that is going to tackle Nevills Haze in late July so I had to get this grow going so I can finish by then. :( :nervous-guy:
I’ll be tuned in for that! Big old school Neville’s fan here. Sensi Seed Bank? I have Jack Herer and Skunk 1 in my cloner now, so I’ll be doing those in the Brix. I’m looking to start them right about June 1.

Ours is from Green house seeds If I remember right. They were purchased from Seedsman, A sponsor here on 420mag :high-five: That 16 week flower time is going to be hard, I hope brother Duggan is active here soon. I will need his help to get through that 16 weeks :nervous-guy:

Cool, both strains I’m running are Seedsman. Good luck!
You are going to LOVE docs kit/soil. I got 2 ponds out of 4 plants so this kit can produce the BEST Cannabis. Its really easy once you get the hang of it. Maybe one or a couple Brixers will help you out getting started. I was lucky and had one of the long time Brixers to mentor me. If you have any questions there is A Lot of people here to help out so just ask.

3456C10E-232E-4A57-AA80-A012EEE57476.jpeg
4C6F6BA4-5369-4E59-B599-A34E91FCE2BD.jpeg
that’s great news I’ll take all the help you folks are willing to give. I’ll journal it out for you once I start. Here are some snaps of the seedsman strains I have going in coco and will do in the Brix.
If you would swing by my Journal you can go back and see the progress of 4 plants that yielded 2 pounds from 4 plants. I am 420% sold on Docs kit.

You got that much off them then, eh? Nice work! :bravo:

And you were getting estimates of half that much. :laughtwo: I thought they looked pretty chunky.

I am estimating on the biggest plant. The second biggest was 12 ounces so I am figuring that much for the last one which would be 40 ounces so a little under 2 pounds, now that i added it up it was 1 1/2 pounds. I am high as sh/t right now so my math is a Little, lot off but still a great return

Back
Top Bottom