Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, my sativas were dragging lately so I tried an experiment..
I gave all of my plants, the ACE plants, the 2 SWICKs with plants in them, not the seedlings, an OG Drench with some GE and Tea, and some extra Epsoms..

the ACE sativa's pistils got all perky- almost like CAT would do, the SWICK 1 plants got very stinky, the Blue OG s in SWICK 2 are like radar dishes toward the light, the other plants in the SWICK have perked up too.

is this normally seen?

Normal? LOL! I think you're the first person in history to have that combination of drenches, SWICK and Epsoms. You'll have to tell me what's normal!

FWIW, I wouldn't normally think to use the OG drench on a Sativa.....but then again, before Jimi Hendrix, everyone pretty much thought feedback was a screwup.....

Keep it up brother!

hey doc, any news on that newer "one man show" formulation of transplant? Also, I just rechecked the earthworm castings I used, and the percentages are different from wiggle worm. my castings read 0.86-0.37-0.25.

Could my castings be causing my plants to not develop that "high brix sheen"?

The white widows I harvested were incredible, but I want them to look like your girls in flower.

I tried to counteract the slow browning/tacoing of leafs in the last half of flower by increasing the available soil to 25 gallons. The plants are WAY happier, but just toady I noticed slight tacoing on my oldest flowering plant near the top.

Just trying to improve!

We're always trying to improve and sometimes one particular cycle doesn't perform as well as others....and at other times one particular cycle out-performs the rest!

Transplant was recently reformulated without the Chilean nitrate and Calcium Nitrate added back instead.

In my humble opinion the biggest trichomes production you'll see on the plants which are genetically fit to produce them. It's 80% genetics, 10% soil and 10% light roughly. You'll grow 10 plants next to each other with the same conditions and then you'll see what I'm talking about. But then frostiness is not that much correlated with potency :hookah:

To me, its not the frostiness, but the way that frostiness contrasted by a perfect radiant green canopy looks like :bravo:

Normal? LOL! I think you're the first person in history to have that combination of drenches, SWICK and Epsoms. You'll have to tell me what's normal!

FWIW, I wouldn't normally think to use the OG drench on a Sativa.....but then again, before Jimi Hendrix, everyone pretty much thought feedback was a screwup.....

Keep it up brother!

:rofl:

I want to check a couple things before I make a mistake since this is my first high brix grow.

For a seedling around 1 week old I can use transplant @ 0.5ml per seedling(1 gallon pot)?
Am I suppose to use tea this soon since the directions say to use 2.5ml tea with all drenches?, and if so how much tea to use for a 1 week old seedling?...(edit)I think I just found this answer...0.5ml tea per 1 gallon soil?

:thanks:

I thought it was water only until 5 sets of true leaves - no?

I want to check a couple things before I make a mistake since this is my first high brix grow.

For a seedling around 1 week old I can use transplant @ 0.5ml per seedling(1 gallon pot)?
Am I suppose to use tea this soon since the directions say to use 2.5ml tea with all drenches?, and if so how much tea to use for a 1 week old seedling?...(edit)I think I just found this answer...0.5ml tea per 1 gallon soil?

:thanks:

for a one week old seedling I'd use nothing but water. Furthermore, wait will the pot is nearly bone dry before watering. Wait till you get a few sets of leaves before you drench.

For a single gallon pot, I'd use the soaking method. Ideally, use a smallish container to submerge the pot about 70-80% under water. Smaller soaking vessel=less product used.

IE, if your 1 gallon container fit inside a coffee can, that would be a better choice as a soaking tub than a 5 gallon bucket.

For the soak/drench of a single plant I'd use 5 mils of drench and 2.5 mils of tea in 1-2 gallons of water. Please note, this isn't for pouring it down the top! Not all the 5mils of drench is going to stay in the pot.....most will wash right out the bottom.

For top watering of a larger container, the entire 5 mils will stay in the pot.....but not with soaking.

A Reminder:

We're feeding the soil biota, not the plants. Lately, I've been seeing a couple new growers with the wrong mindset. A cup of soil doesn't need any "nutes". A light misting with half-strength DeStress can be helpful in hooking up the roots, but other than that, don't be thinking in terms of "when do I get to push 'em with some nutes?!". :laughtwo:

:Namaste:

I thought it was water only until 5 sets of true leaves - no?

I was planning on using straight ro water till 5 sets of leaves, but I think I read somewhere that transplant can be used at 1/4 strength for a seedling. I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask. I just gave water first time.

for a one week old seedling I'd use nothing but water. Furthermore, wait will the pot is nearly bone dry before watering. Wait till you get a few sets of leaves before you drench.

For a single gallon pot, I'd use the soaking method. Ideally, use a smallish container to submerge the pot about 70-80% under water. Smaller soaking vessel=less product used.

IE, if your 1 gallon container fit inside a coffee can, that would be a better choice as a soaking tub than a 5 gallon bucket.

For the soak/drench of a single plant I'd use 5 mils of drench and 2.5 mils of tea in 1-2 gallons of water. Please note, this isn't for pouring it down the top! Not all the 5mils of drench is going to stay in the pot.....most will wash right out the bottom.

For top watering of a larger container, the entire 5 mils will stay in the pot.....but not with soaking.

Thanks. That's why I wanted to make sure before I screwed things up.lol

I was planning on using straight ro water till 5 sets of leaves, but I think I read somewhere that transplant can be used at 1/4 strength for a seedling. I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask. I just gave water first time.

Yes, you can use 1/4 strength Transplant each and every time you add water to the plant. I water in seeds and clones with a weak Transplant solution. But no drenches till they get bigger.

A Reminder:

We're feeding the soil biota, not the plants. Lately, I've been seeing a couple new growers with the wrong mindset. A cup of soil doesn't need any "nutes". A light misting with half-strength DeStress can be helpful in hooking up the roots, but other than that, don't be thinking in terms of "when do I get to push 'em with some nutes?!". :laughtwo:

:Namaste:

Yep. And once you make the "shift" in your mind at how you look at growing, the intuition that every good gardener has about when/what to feed the soil with starts to develop.

These days, I don't measure a damn thing. I just pour from bottle to bucket....a few drops of this, a slight pour of that....I can almost go by the shade of brown in the bucket. But I started off with measurements....and I advise others to do so until they get their cannabiota-senses honed a bit.

Great reminder Graytail!

The seedlings I have in the high brix soil look really good so I will just let them be and just give water. The two I transplanted into the soil I gave a very weak feeding of transplant. 1 day later they are starting to grow again after not growing for 2 weeks in light warrior.

Just the info I was looking for, beautiful.

Here's the crap I have to deal with:

Colombian Red: Fast pheno, tall pheno and in-between pheno

Picture_001329.jpg
Picture_002321.jpg
Picture_006287.jpg
Picture_007266.jpg

Assorted other stuff:

Picture_014192.jpg
Picture_013194.jpg
Picture_012213.jpg
Picture_011220.jpg
Picture_010237.jpg