Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

GE. When in doubt, use GE. No problem
Got it Doc, will use GE for their last feeding!

Think of a harvest window....not a day. You have a 10 day period of time in which to harvest, usually. I'd say you're in the early part of that window.
Nice, that's what I was thinking from past experience with this strain, but since it's the first time in HB just wanted to make sure. Thank you Doc!

Hi dajerm,

Those bud look great! Nice and tight clusters, looks like an easy trim. How many days has the WW been in flower? Think I've read somewhere this strain is a 8-10 week.

It looks like it is in the harvest window, but I like to watch the trichomes.

I tend to finish with GE, but if I need more waterings to finish I tend to use straight water.

I've never grown WW, so when I start with a new strain I tend to run it many times to see if she is hiding something special. I will harvest at different "ready" windows and compare with past results. First time around with a new strain I will wait till I can see most of the trichomes go cloudy. Some will still be clear, and some may be amber also, but this gives me a baseline. Next time I may try an earlier harvest 75% cloudy 25% clear. And the third time a late harvest 75% amber 25% cloudy. Note that these are just examples, and in reality I find plants that can have any combination of trichomes in different stages of maturity.

If you have more than one plant you can try the different harvest windows in one grow, label and compare the smoke. Or harvest one plant a little at a time.

With the Bubblegum I just harvested last night, I was waiting for the rest of the trichomes to turn cloudy. A week earlier I had 80% cloudy and some ambers. I know that plant so well now I can smell when it is ready to my taste.

That's the beauty of running the same plant over and over again.

Buds look great dajerm!

Thanks so much DL, I kinda fried my leaves these last few weeks, but man... the buds still look nice. Usually an easy trimmer as you said. Thank You for the advice, i do have 2 going now so I may harvest one today or tomorrow and the other in a week or so, or when I see more cloudy and amber in her. That's sound advice brother! Man oh man... I've always loved the smell and taste of this one. I am terrible at describing things like that....
Oh almost forgot. They are 52 days into flower or 7.43 weeks... seems pretty early but one thing about this one... before you ever flip her, while on 16/8 she puts out pre-flowers. Starts about 4 weeks into Veg, even my clone kept them the whole time it was getting roots... crazy... she's a horny girl I guess .

Edit: went stupid and said bloom instead of veg... fixed.

Ok, so I was checking trichomes... and saw this... can't remember seeing this before...
420-magazine-mobile1964281299.jpg

See that red in there... anyone know what that is? Pretty cool looking at any rate.
So cut a few small pieces and check them all... looks like maybe 5-10% amber 60% clear and maybe 30% or so cloudy... my best guess anyway.

It's the resin color. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've seen plants with fully red or purple resin in the trichs. Cool!

Thats pretty sweet! Thanks GT, kinda weird there are so many clear and yet there are amber ones here and there... not many cloudy.

I see that often too, there will be ambers before others have even turned cloudy. I have theorized that the early ambers were the first trichomes to grow. Never asked anybody before...anybody know?

Ok, so I was checking trichomes... and saw this... can't remember seeing this before...
420-magazine-mobile1964281299.jpg

See that red in there... anyone know what that is? Pretty cool looking at any rate.
So cut a few small pieces and check them all... looks like maybe 5-10% amber 60% clear and maybe 30% or so cloudy... my best guess anyway.

I bet you see a lot of them cloud up in 3-6 days

Thanks Dajerm! I have a usb microscope that was a pita because my computer does not have a cd drive to download the software so used it through a generic program and could not snap the pics with button on the scope, had to click button on computer. It crapped the bed after 6 or 7 uses.

Here are a few pics from it.

CCapture_20_edited.jpg

CCapture_19_edited.jpg

CCapture_18_edited.jpg

Thanks Dajerm! I have a usb microscope that was a pita because my computer does not have a cd drive to download the software so used it through a generic program and could not snap the pics with button on the scope, had to click button on computer. It crapped the bed after 6 or 7 uses.

Here are a few pics from it.

CCapture_20_edited.jpg

CCapture_19_edited.jpg

CCapture_18_edited.jpg

Yes sir, I'd like to get me a good usb microscope... I like those pics.. cool looking. I think I'm at a higher magnification, I'll back it off and get more pics...probably won't post.. don't wanna keep posting about the same thing ya know...

Here ya go... lots of broken heads... guess I need to be more careful.
420-magazine-mobile2080396764.jpg
420-magazine-mobile680473912.jpg
420-magazine-mobile654576755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile996635357.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1503471554.jpg
Dam bro nice lookn triches u got there! I notice alil red seeping threw those stalks and into the heads of some of those triches. What is that strain if u don't mind me asking?

Yes sir, I’d like to get me a good usb microscope... I like those pics.. cool looking. I think I’m at a higher magnification, I’ll back it off and get more pics...probably won’t post.. don’t wanna keep posting about the same thing ya know...

I'd like to see pics at a lower magnification. Looks like you don't have a journal. Feel free to stop by mine and drop some pics. Link below.

Dam bro nice lookn triches u got there! I notice alil red seeping threw those stalks and into the heads of some of those triches. What is that strain if u don't mind me asking?

Hey there BJ, thanks man! I was pretty surprised myself when I saw that red in there.. gonna be some decent smoke! Those pics are from a Wonder Woman by Nirvana. Really weird growth pattern on these. They love to spread out like crazy when you put them to flower.

Back
Top Bottom