Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Damn... Thats high quality smoke there sir. Very good, hope to grow mine half as nice one day.

There's no reason you can't.....

The biggest difference I see between me and "others" is:

1. I don't LST
2. I use plastic pots, not fabric or root builders
3. I keep my environment in check
4. I follow my own directions
5. I let my plants get a bit rootbound in veg.
6. 11/13 bloom photoperiod

If you did all that, your plants would look pretty much like mine. My helper is growing identical quality to me. But he also follows 1-6.

1. I don't LST

If you did all that, your plants would look pretty much like mine. My helper is growing identical quality to me. But he also follows 1-6.

Why no LST or smart pots/root builders? Also do you find that the plant is healthier in the end if they aren't LST'd also why number 6?

1. I don't LST

I think I will try number 6, since it could save me a few bucks in the end, always looking
for a way to reduce electrical cost

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd do as promised and update my clone progress. I currently
Have two plants in veg. Yup still... I'm sure the next pair will move along much faster. Anyway, I just call them plant one and plant two. Plant two was set behind from the start and i almost tossed her. She's really short and bushy and plant one is a little too tall from dirt to canopy for my taste... but I gotta say I'm impressed with the size of the stems on these... plant one looks more like a trunk ..

Ok, so the clones I cut from plant one both survived!!
420-magazine-mobile1188991721.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1507706057.jpg

420-magazine-mobile70256153.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1497532629.jpg

But unfortunately both the cutting from plant Two didn't make it. They were kinda soft tissue cuttings not the woodier type I cut from plant one. So yea one for Doc there.. he said it already. Really though I only need two and both these seem to be the same so it's no biggie.
Now keep in mind I took those cuttings last Sunday so they were only in my "cloner" for about a week and one is almost ready to plant. That's impressive Doc! That De-Stress is really great stuff.

Now a few pics of my two ladies. Let me know what you guys think so far. I'm thinking I'll lit them to flower this weekend... unless the roots aren't quite there yet.

Plant 1:

420-magazine-mobile1946732191.jpg
420-magazine-mobile203710823.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1599884851.jpg

Plant 2:

420-magazine-mobile1254158692.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1720977855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1627347300.jpg

And the "cloner" just a cheap hydro setup really...

420-magazine-mobile1496968698.jpg

Jerm...... what up bud... gotta tell you from my experience that you'll appreciate plant 1 being a little taller once she's a little bigger, well if you train her out real big like Doog and I do. lol that reads kinda funny right there .. I topped at the node 3,4,5 and 3 is a shorty and hard to feed for so long when I was training. We'll kinda... I had to feed from above through the canopy but when she filled in that got hard to do. But the other two are a little easier as they have more room to get to the soil and move around. I learned for my experimentation. Now I'm not exactly sure why every says to top an node 4 or 5 but I know why I'll be doing it, I'm sure it has to do with the maturity of the plant . and how much stress we want to put them under and how early.

Any how, that's just my 2, have a good bud, hope all is well with you and the fam is convinced the DBHBB is the way to grow

Mag7 LST Heaven In DBHBB

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Why no LST or smart pots/root builders? Also do you find that the plant is healthier in the end if they aren't LST'd also why number 6?

I believe Doc said that he believe the LST diminishes the quality of the cannabis a bit. He may top once maybe twice but that's it. The plastic pots cause the roots to spiral around and become root bound more easily, I think but I'm not positive that this is how the become root bound faster, they way he prefers.

You asked an interesting question about the health of the plant. I personal don't think that there would be a difference in health per se. I mean most all of our plants are very or extremely healthy. It's more a matter of production. The more the plant has to product that is less natural the less it can maintain the quality of the resin its producing.? This would be my hypothesis I really do not know. I have thought that because looking at my ladies this time around they are much bigger in size but the bud sites are smaller at this stage. There is plenty of time left but I can see the difference in the energy the plant is having to put out. I'm also wondering how the roots are doing as well, if they were a bit more solid I think the buds would be a bit larger than they are right now. I'm going to let the roots get just a bit dryer by one day this week and my next feeding as well. I think they all have been just a tad to moist, not to bad tho.

Mag7 LST Heaven In DBHBB

Anyone have any ideas. Been away for 10 days and come home to this. Before I left I gave 2 feedings of cat.before cat drenchs only one showed signs of problem due to me not feeding enough straight water between feedings.while away my buddy feed 2 straight feeding of water. 4 out of 5 girls are looking like shit. One still has perfect colour.
420-magazine-mobile201124639.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1220442841.jpg
420-magazine-mobile635090371.jpg

Another thing I need to feed again tonight should I give another straight water or rescue drench

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I believe Doc said that he believe the LST diminishes the quality of the cannabis a bit. He may top once maybe twice but that's it. The plastic pots cause the roots to spiral around and become root bound more easily, I think but I'm not positive that this is how the become root bound faster, they way he prefers.

You asked an interesting question about the health of the plant. I personal don't think that there would be a difference in health per se. I mean most all of our plants are very or extremely healthy. It's more a matter of production. The more the plant has to product that is less natural the less it can maintain the quality of the resin its producing.? This would be my hypothesis I really do not know. I have thought that because looking at my ladies this time around they are much bigger in size but the bud sites are smaller at this stage. There is plenty of time left but I can see the difference in the energy the plant is having to put out. I'm also wondering how the roots are doing as well, if they were a bit more solid I think the buds would be a bit larger than they are right now. I'm going to let the roots get just a bit dryer by one day this week and my next feeding as well. I think they all have been just a tad to moist, not to bad tho.

Mag7 LST Heaven In DBHBB
Yeah but LST doesn't necessarily increase the amount of bud sites but strengthens the ones in the center and ones that would normally be covered by the canopy. Idk it just seems silly to leave it out entirely.

Ahhh I was thinking topping as well
Hmm maybe I should have been more specific because LST is kind of a broad term. I mean bowl training as in pulling branches to the sides so the lower middle buds get light. Also I asked if the health of the plant was better without LST because we can measure the health of the plant in brix and if there's data to backup this no LST thing well then that's just the way it is, the data doesn't lie. But anything less than that and I'd probably have to believe that it's just personal preference.

Cured Panama... this stuff is a morning pick you up and get the heck going!!! No lies, screw the coffee, grab the fresh Panama and get your days started!!

420-magazine-mobile1394801504.jpg
420-magazine-mobile465140116.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1576579599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1647192741.jpg

Darkscotia:

Is this happening mostly at the bottom or nearer to the tops? I see that the newest growth is ok, but I can't tell if the bottom fans are bad too.

I'm not a great diagnostician, but to me it looks like too hot or too dry or too much light, etc. And were there any foliars while you were away?

Mostly I wanted to bump the question for you.

Hmm maybe I should have been more specific because LST is kind of a broad term. I mean bowl training as in pulling branches to the sides so the lower middle buds get light. Also I asked if the health of the plant was better without LST because we can measure the health of the plant in brix and if there's data to backup this no LST thing well then that's just the way it is, the data doesn't lie. But anything less than that and I'd probably have to believe that it's just personal preference.

Sorry SF, I didn't see this until now, I understand now.

Darkscotia:

Is this happening mostly at the bottom or nearer to the tops? I see that the newest growth is ok, but I can't tell if the bottom fans are bad too.

I'm not a great diagnostician, but to me it looks like too hot or too dry or too much light, etc. And were there any foliars while you were away?

Mostly I wanted to bump the question for you.

Thanks graytail. On the effected plants it's all over top and bottom. Then there the one that's perfect still. I noticed while checking my high and low temps in tent for last 7 days it seem to have jump to 30.5 for frig knows how long.which is extremely weird cause my tent has been perfect for 20c off and 25on.
I was thinking light burn but the one that is right there in mix with the rest akdnas close to light as rest is not effected.
No sprays while I was gone.

Hello everyone! Here's a couple pics of my first two high brix plants. They're both slurricanes sprouted from seed. I started the seeds in 1 gallon pots based on the fact that Doc does it the same way. Does anyone know why this 1 seedling looks so different from the other? Also, does this look like a good time to start GE drenching? (Once they dry out a bit more of course) I gave the plants their first dose of brix today right after these photos. Thanks for looking!

420-magazine-mobile1086581528.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1240761558.jpg

Here's the Monday photo shoot.

We've got:

Chocorilla

Picture_009321.jpg
Picture_006381.jpg

SkyWalker OG

Picture_007357.jpg
Picture_001431.jpg

Tangie

Picture_008329.jpg
Picture_003425.jpg
Picture_002422.jpg

Paki and Tangie

Picture_011287.jpg

Lemon Paki with early Cat Drench.

Picture_010312.jpg
Picture_005403.jpg
Picture_004416.jpg

Oh that Tangie! She's so pretty ..

Love the shot of her side by side with the Paki too - lovely to see their differences and similarities. I'd like to see more pics like that which show off the different features of strains. Guess that's tricky to do in a grow environment...

Hey Doc - what lighting do you use for the (excellent) photography? I was thinking flash but there's one or two there that look like you have a little 'spot' on them .

Me too--but with mycelium, in mason jars with cheese cloth tops. Only have to water them a few times a month, and they supply loads of Co2 into the tent.

Mmm... so any tips on how to to do this? How does one grow fungus in a jar (aside from 'accidental cultures' in unwashed receptacles)?

Does it matter which fungus you choose?

Back
Top Bottom