DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Re: DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc.

well Doc, your journal has inspired me to try the snow storm ultra today. I have a papaya, 2 crystals, and a blue rhino about 3-4 weeks from being done. The buds are pretty frosty already, but I decided to give it a shot anyways. I'll let you know if it was a good idea or not by next weekend. I had just flushed them plants a couple days ago, and they seemed to like that allot. I have to tie up about 2/3rds of the limbs and colas because the weight is already too much for them.

Here is my question. I hadn't planned on doing any more feeding, just water and some molasses. Will just this one snow storm ultra application be enough, or should I give them more next week? Do you recommend I flush again with 1 week to go?

Thanks for any answers, and also thanks for the teaching and inspiration.

:goodjob:

well Doc, your journal has inspired me to try the snow storm ultra today. I have a papaya, 2 crystals, and a blue rhino about 3-4 weeks from being done. The buds are pretty frosty already, but I decided to give it a shot anyways. I'll let you know if it was a good idea or not by next weekend. I had just flushed them plants a couple days ago, and they seemed to like that allot. I have to tie up about 2/3rds of the limbs and colas because the weight is already too much for them.

Here is my question. I hadn't planned on doing any more feeding, just water and some molasses. Will just this one snow storm ultra application be enough, or should I give them more next week? Do you recommend I flush again with 1 week to go?

Thanks for any answers, and also thanks for the teaching and inspiration.

:goodjob:

Two applications of snowstorm would be better for sure. Maybe just give the plant a little sip of nitrogen too..just a bit.

As far as flushing goes, I don't know what medium you're in, or how you feed.....but here's what I flush with at the end:

RO or rainwater if you have it
Snow Storm 10mil per gallon
Epsom salts 2 tbsp per gallon
Molasses....1 oz per gallon.

2 weeks before harvest add some worm tea to that
Last week no need for tea.

I'm probably not ever going to "switch" to hydro. I like soil, and I think that overall, soil renders better quality, other things being equal.

......I'm going to be adding Epsom with every feeding. I'll heavier on the P and K....and I'll add a great deal of silica.

His stinks to high heaven, and it's because of sulfur and magnesium. The buds are huge due to the lighting and canopy control....and the pistils are controled by adding massive amounts of P at key times during the grow.

Sulfur and Magnesium from the epsom salts, what is your source of P going to be?

Sulfur and Magnesium from the epsom salts, what is your source of P going to be?

I already have the soil cooking for this batch....I added some gypsum for slow release calcium. I'll do this in place of Cal/Mag in the water. Excess calcium inhibits phosphorus uptake.

I also lowered the N component a bit.....less than half of the blood meal in the mix.....but I'm also adding Nitrogen fixing bacteria, so the plant will have plenty of N...just in a different way.

I didn't spike the amount of bone meal in the soil, or rock phosphate.....instead, at the critical times I'll include a plant food that is really high in PK....like the Bloom yellow bottle, or Hammerhead, or one of the FF solubles.....I've got them all, and rarely use them.

He uses the PK spike in order to, in his words, "suck the pistils back in." It keeps the buds from getting that hairy look and tightens them up. It sounds kinda funny....but he almost uses the PK as a poison....to stop growth of pistils, not a food to increase anything.

And it works....very well.

These little tweaks are strain specific....knowledge that is very hard to come by....I mean who around here has grown the same plants for 15 years? Not me...

Two applications of snowstorm would be better for sure. Maybe just give the plant a little sip of nitrogen too..just a bit.

As far as flushing goes, I don't know what medium you're in, or how you feed.....but here's what I flush with at the end:

RO or rainwater if you have it
Snow Storm 10mil per gallon
Epsom salts 2 tbsp per gallon
Molasses....1 oz per gallon.

2 weeks before harvest add some worm tea to that
Last week no need for tea.

I am growing in soil FFOF and Promix .
I don't have rainwater or RO water just very good well water that has been through a "smallboy" filter. ( prefilter and carbon filter). I also only have the snowstorm ultra, not the snowstorm regular.

I will try your advice.

Thanks again Doc.

:adore:

Appreciate all ur advice Doc...that's y I got to ask for some more!
Like I said I'm at day 45 flower. It's two Dinafem Moby Dick (hazexwhitewidow). Website says it should finish in 60-70 days . I have just been giving them plain tap water (TDS-55, TA-too low to detect) because they have some 12-14-12 CRF prills on top of the soil. I know it's suppose to work best wen integrated into the soil but it was too late to add it.
Anyways my question is as apparent from the yellowing on my lower growth, I am missing some nute, how can I remedy it? It's been an ongoing prob. Been trying to Fix it myself but to no avail.
I have Epsom salts, molasses, cal/mag, a two part organic nutes ocean grow (10-2-12) and ocean bloom (2-10-12).
Thanks fo hearing me out

Keep it green
Namaste

Appreciate all ur advice Doc...that's y I got to ask for some more!
Like I said I'm at day 45 flower. It's two Dinafem Moby Dick (hazexwhitewidow). Website says it should finish in 60-70 days . I have just been giving them plain tap water (TDS-55, TA-too low to detect) because they have some 12-14-12 CRF prills on top of the soil. I know it's suppose to work best wen integrated into the soil but it was too late to add it.
Anyways my question is as apparent from the yellowing on my lower growth, I am missing some nute, how can I remedy it? It's been an ongoing prob. Been trying to Fix it myself but to no avail.
I have Epsom salts, molasses, cal/mag, a two part organic nutes ocean grow (10-2-12) and ocean bloom (2-10-12).
Thanks fo hearing me out

Keep it green
Namaste

I wouldn't worry too much about some lower growth getting yellow....it does that for a number of reasons....low light, decreased nitrogen, and the plant's natural growth cycle.

What I would do is feed some worm tea. The bacteria in the tea will help your plant make food, and not only will it not burn the plant, you won't "taste" it either. You can flush with worm tea and have a healthy plant AND good tasting buds.

Stay the course, and use some tea.

If you are really convinced that you're not feeding the plant enough....take some of the CRF you're using and put them in a cup of hot water until you get PPM of about 400 or so. Mix that in with your feed water....viola! one time feeding, totally balanced, and no need to buy anything new or expensive!

How is the bud development on those plants?

I wouldn't worry too much about some lower growth getting yellow....it does that for a number of reasons....low light, decreased nitrogen, and the plant's natural growth cycle.

What I would do is feed some worm tea. The bacteria in the tea will help your plant make food, and not only will it not burn the plant, you won't "taste" it either. You can flush with worm tea and have a healthy plant AND good tasting buds.

Stay the course, and use some tea.

If you are really convinced that you're not feeding the plant enough....take some of the CRF you're using and put them in a cup of hot water until you get PPM of about 400 or so. Mix that in with your feed water....viola! one time feeding, totally balanced, and no need to buy anything new or expensive!

How is the bud development on those plants?

I went ahead and gave the crf with hot water solution a couple hours ago. also added a little fluoro lighting for the under growth. thanks for the advice

i have been wanting to try teas but have a novice idea where to begin regarding mixing and preparing. i will do some more research and see what i can com up with. ne recommendations on a very simple tea?

as for bud development,
this is the one that i think is seeded.this ones buds arent huge nor are they numerous. it had three of its branches got snipped off as the flower on top jus up and died n i cant explain why. then i could see decay moving towards the main stem so i jus snipped them.
P9300027.jpg
P9300025.jpg

this one is my pride and joy. much better bud development and tight spacing on the nodes.
P101001822.jpg
P101001625.jpg
P101001131.jpg
P101000631.jpg

Bro.....your plants are super healthy....don't worry about the lower leaves....not even a little bit.
Can the rest of you guys see these pictures clearly? For some reason they are all on top of one another for me. I see that on posts from time to time. Anybody know why? Sorry to steal your thread for this Doc.....

Can the rest of you guys see these pictures clearly? For some reason they are all on top of one another for me. I see that on posts from time to time. Anybody know why? Sorry to steal your thread for this Doc.....

The pics look fine to me bro.

I picked up some Snow Storm Ultra today as it is timely and I have to try everything I can that DocBud uses. I'm about three weeks into flower and they are just at the quarter sized bud point. I mixed two teaspoons of Ultra, 4 teaspoons of epsom salts, 2 tablespoons of seaweed concentrate and a tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses into 2 gallons of water. I have been seeing very small white specks on the leaves, not many but there none the less. On the whole they look great, thanks Doc!

I picked up some Snow Storm Ultra today as it is timely and I have to try everything I can that DocBud uses. I'm about three weeks into flower and they are just at the quarter sized bud point. I mixed two teaspoons of Ultra, 4 teaspoons of epsom salts, 2 tablespoons of seaweed concentrate and a tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses into 2 gallons of water. I have been seeing very small white specks on the leaves, not many but there none the less. On the whole they look great, thanks Doc!

That product really works! Yep.....

:welcome:

update:

Plants are growing. More on the way.

Gonna put the Willie Nelson in the greenhouse to finish. It's hogging 2000 watts and I need room for SF Berry and a New Zealand Purple Kush.

The organic Jack is now looking better than the OC+ Jack.....but both are looking really nice. Gonna be a good run for those.

The Purple Paki's are doing really well, what a great smell, just like Purple Urkel...but the plants grow much differently. They have very interesting bud site....elongated on stems. I've no seen this before.....but am told it's a normal trait for Pakistani strains. Stay tuned:

Jack,
IMG_19036.JPG

IMG_18944.JPG

IMG_18956.JPG

Cheese
IMG_18967.JPG

IMG_18975.JPG

Jack
IMG_18986.JPG

IMG_18996.JPG

Lemon Paki
IMG_19006.JPG

Purple Paki
IMG_19015.JPG

IMG_19024.JPG

Ah to have a room full of buds to go home too. Good stuff
Idk if u ever mentioned this in a previous journal so pardon me if this is redundant. What's your method of drying and cure? Do u chop at d base n hang d entire lot to dry then trim after? Or do u do all heavy trimmin first?
Jus came upon a zip of some Jack herer that smelled like old hay. Wasn't really potent either. Been curing it in a jar for about a month n it has a decent odor now and much better effect. a real creeper high that jus sneaks up n gets you!. I actually trimmed em a lil as they had some dead growth still on em (yikes no bag appeal).

Ah to have a room full of buds to go home too. Good stuff
Idk if u ever mentioned this in a previous journal so pardon me if this is redundant. What's your method of drying and cure? Do u chop at d base n hang d entire lot to dry then trim after? Or do u do all heavy trimmin first?
Jus came upon a zip of some Jack herer that smelled like old hay. Wasn't really potent either. Been curing it in a jar for about a month n it has a decent odor now and much better effect. a real creeper high that jus sneaks up n gets you!. I actually trimmed em a lil as they had some dead growth still on em (yikes no bag appeal).

Jack is supposed to smell sweet, fruity and with a fuel smell. It's not supposed to be too much of a creeper.....just a lil bit. It's a great high...one of the finest.

My method for drying and curing is still evolving. The first post in this journal shows my drying/curing room.

What I'm doing now is trimming/manicuring a whole branch, and hanging it upside down. Then, I take the buds off and put them in a turkey bag, with a twist tie.

If they dry too fast, which happened with the Space Jill, I rehydrate them with a couple fan leaves that I trim off other plants.

If the room is too hot, or too dry, this often happens. You have to watch it too....It only takes a day of heat or low humidity to throw things off, but they can be fixed with a couple leaves thrown in the mix.

DocBud said:
Jack is supposed to smell sweet, fruity and with a fuel smell. It's not supposed to be too much of a creeper.....just a lil bit. It's a great high...one of the finest.

My method for drying and curing is still evolving. The first post in this journal shows my drying/curing room.

What I'm doing now is trimming/manicuring a whole branch, and hanging it upside down. Then, I take the buds off and put them in a turkey bag, with a twist tie.

If they dry too fast, which happened with the Space Jill, I rehydrate them with a couple fan leaves that I trim off other plants.

If the room is too hot, or too dry, this often happens. You have to watch it too....It only takes a day of heat or low humidity to throw things off, but they can be fixed with a couple leaves thrown in the mix.

Thanks for the tips. The weather has been really cold over here(7degrees today) and I plan to hang em in a closet with a 20 inch box fan on low blowing under them.

Back
Top Bottom