DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Re: DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc.

Looking good ! I wish we had scratch-n-sniff monitors !

Awesome simply awesome. Been using the Snow Storm Ultra and the frost is there! I had a couple week slow down due to some pipe flushing chemicles the water company used but the come back is looking good. I would like your opinion of the best company to get some Jack Herer seeds from. I have a list and Space Jill is on it too. You have morphed my grows into organic with CRF's added, still using Lilly Miller but OC plus is next, I got three jugs on sale a couple weeks ago for just under $8. each. Next experiment is Organic/OC plus wick system with just PH'd water in the reservoir. My two alter ego's are wrestling with each other about going from 3.5 gallon pots and 400 watters to 1000 watters and 5 gallon pots. It's just a matter of time and convenience!

Awesome simply awesome. Been using the Snow Storm Ultra and the frost is there! I had a couple week slow down due to some pipe flushing chemicles the water company used but the come back is looking good. I would like your opinion of the best company to get some Jack Herer seeds from. I have a list and Space Jill is on it too. You have morphed my grows into organic with CRF's added, still using Lilly Miller but OC plus is next, I got three jugs on sale a couple weeks ago for just under $8. each. Next experiment is Organic/OC plus wick system with just PH'd water in the reservoir. My two alter ego's are wrestling with each other about going from 3.5 gallon pots and 400 watters to 1000 watters and 5 gallon pots. It's just a matter of time and convenience!

Thanks for visiting my journal.

I don't know a good source for JH seeds. I'm growing from a cut that is 15 years old.....never bought the seeds.

Sorry bro.

I'll try to get some pics today....things are looking good.

Doc,

Do you think OC+ will work good in a wick system? If you always water from the top to let the reservoir fill, the run off would have nutes it drags along with it that would be wicked back up right? Or would wick be to wet and osmos to much OC out?

DR.RedWhite,

I am a fan of wicks. I used one 20+ yrs ago. It was made by rubbermaid (discontinued) 1.5 gal.

I grew one plant in it. Oaxacan if I remember. Split it at about a foot and grew it trained to a thin bamboo stick to form a T. Used a 4 ft shop light with 1 cool white and 1 Sears plant bulb. And Schultzs's liquid for the nutes. It turned out great.

Doc,

Do you think OC+ will work good in a wick system? If you always water from the top to let the reservoir fill, the run off would have nutes it drags along with it that would be wicked back up right? Or would wick be to wet and osmos to much OC out?

DR.RedWhite,

I am a fan of wicks. I used one 20+ yrs ago. It was made by rubbermaid (discontinued) 1.5 gal.

I grew one plant in it. Oaxacan if I remember. Split it at about a foot and grew it trained to a thin bamboo stick to form a T. Used a 4 ft shop light with 1 cool white and 1 Sears plant bulb. And Schultzs's liquid for the nutes. It turned out great.

Yep...what you're describing would work very well, as long as the medium is such that the plant can't get wet feet and no pathogens grow in the reservoir.

I use wicks to dry the pot out....

Well, I haven't killed 'em yet, everything keeps growing......jack's to be harvested in about 3-4 weeks.

Greenhouse pics soon....it's stupid in there.

IMG_19322.JPG

IMG_19334.JPG

IMG_19344.JPG

IMG_19353.JPG

IMG_19364.JPG

IMG_19397.JPG

IMG_19413.JPG

IMG_19427.JPG

IMG_19446.JPG

IMG_19454.JPG

I can't wait to see what's happening in your greenhouse! But, in the mean time those Jacks sure are looking sexy Doc! :thumb:

I will definitely grow that strain at some point. I can't remember if you said what breeder they were from...was it Sensi?

I don't believe I've ever smoked any Sativa dominant strains, but you've got me itching to give Jack Herer a try! I did just start some Super Lemon Haze, but I'm not sure how it will compare...:scratchinghead:

I can't wait to see what's happening in your greenhouse! But, in the mean time those Jacks sure are looking sexy Doc! :thumb:

I will definitely grow that strain at some point. I can't remember if you said what breeder they were from...was it Sensi?

I don't believe I've ever smoked any Sativa dominant strains, but you've got me itching to give Jack Herer a try! I did just start some Super Lemon Haze, but I'm not sure how it will compare...:scratchinghead:

The cut of Jack I grow is allegedly from Jack's personal garden. It's been here locally for 15 years, grown by 2 other people besides me. I have some really nice friends. :thanks:

When I got the cut, I gave it to another person who produces really nice nursery plants for me.

SLH compared to Jack.....the SLH is a bit harder to grow, a little taller. Flowering times are about the same.

The Jack's are easier to trim.

The effect of the SLH is a bit more racey and gives me a slight bit of edginess.....my wife doesn't like SLH. Makes her paranoid.

The Jack is smooth, happy, comfortable and energizing all at the same time.

But, like all other strains, it depends on the person!!!

The cut of Jack I grow is allegedly from Jack's personal garden. It's been here locally for 15 years, grown by 2 other people besides me. I have some really nice friends. :thanks:

When I got the cut, I gave it to another person who produces really nice nursery plants for me.

SLH compared to Jack.....the SLH is a bit harder to grow, a little taller. Flowering times are about the same.

The Jack's are easier to trim.

The effect of the SLH is a bit more racey and gives me a slight bit of edginess.....my wife doesn't like SLH. Makes her paranoid.

The Jack is smooth, happy, comfortable and energizing all at the same time.

But, like all other strains, it depends on the person!!!

Very cool...talk about friends in "high" places. :)

If you had to buy seeds which breeder would you get the Jack from?

Thank you for the great info on the SLH, hopefully it won't make me paranoid...but like you said, everyone's different. Even if I don't like it I'm sure it will move, there's nothing but schwag around here.

Well, I haven't killed 'em yet, everything keeps growing......jack's to be harvested in about 3-4 weeks.

Greenhouse pics soon....it's stupid in there.

IMG_19322.JPG

IMG_19334.JPG

IMG_19344.JPG

IMG_19353.JPG

IMG_19364.JPG

IMG_19397.JPG

IMG_19413.JPG

IMG_19427.JPG

IMG_19446.JPG

IMG_19454.JPG

Now thats some good looking dirtweed you have there doc. lol just kidding that jack sounds like my type of smoke! I love watching your grow it is something to strive for!

Very nice Doc. Are you sold on that hydro yet? lol J/K
Is that Willie in the greenhouse ?
+ Reps

I'm sold on the speed of growth and the SCROG for sure. I'm going to try to duplicate the SCROG but in organic soil.

The guy driving the hydro is as good as you can be at it.....he's a wizard. He's been growing this strain and a couple others exclusively for about 15 years. Even so, when I study his plants compared to organic plants I see a greater health, vigor and juiciness with soil plants, even if the hydro yields more.

I'll make a final decision as to which I like better after I do a couple direct comparisons with soil.

Looks fantastic! I want to live in your greenhouse :) Everything is so clean and organized and your plants are pretty. On another note, you use your green light sparingly, right? I'm sure a grower of your caliber is aware of the issues of working under green light, or any light for that matter. I love it. :adore:

I wrecked a small grow by keeping a green light on continuously during flower, learned the hard way.

Looks fantastic! I want to live in your greenhouse :) Everything is so clean and organized and your plants are pretty. On another note, you use your green light sparingly, right? I'm sure a grower of your caliber is aware of the issues of working under green light, or any light for that matter. I love it. :adore:

The green light is used about about an hour a day, on average. I also use a headlamp with white/blue LED so I can see color. I do most of the work in the garden during the dark cycle.

So far, neither light has given me any trouble at all.

I've left the green light on a couple times, but nothing continuous.

I wrecked a small grow by keeping a green light on continuously during flower, learned the hard way.

Yep....I don't think it's a good idea to leave lights on 24/7 during bloom.

Another picture dump.
RE the Greenhouse grown Columbian Gold:

Incredible. These are the words that come to mind, bright, happy, kind, loving, light, warm, sexy, lemony, delicious. The bar for "good" weed is now set several feet higher for me than before. wow.

It doesn't look like much.....but it smells great. This weed is all about the effect, which is superb.
IMG_19983.JPG

IMG_19995.JPG

IMG_20003.JPG

Cheese. It smells like....cheese.
IMG_19767.JPG

Lemon Paki
IMG_19777.JPG

IMG_20022.JPG

IMG_20034.JPG

IMG_19714.JPG

IMG_19933.JPG

IMG_19734.JPG