DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Re: DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc.

Damn Dude!!!

Sorry, that's all I could think of..... Your Jack and OG look so yummy!

:cheer: :Namaste:

thanks bro.....I must say they ARE yummy. The organic Jack is just superb. Harvest on that this Friday.

The OG's have another month.

But the Lemon Paki's are what's blowing my mind. I'm very pleased with how these are progressing and might make them a staple in my garden.

I'm also pretty excited about the SF Berry and the Cheese. The latter is beginning to smell like swiss cheese and the buds are the most dense I've ever seen.

Pics of Lemon Paki, Jack Herer, Cheese, Purple Paki, New Zealand Purple Kush nursery plants.

Things are going pretty good, overall. I'm looking at right around 2 pounds on the Jack, give or take 2 oz.

The Cheese is starting to rock it out these last few weeks. I'm really liking this strain and might try to cross it with something that turns purple....
IMG_20054.JPG

Below is my favorite of the 3 Lemon Paki's. This plant has really nice structure.
IMG_20074.JPG

IMG_20125.JPG

IMG_20134.JPG

IMG_20174.JPG

IMG_20182.JPG

IMG_20213.JPG

IMG_20223.JPG

IMG_20233.JPG

IMG_20244.JPG

IMG_20085.JPG

IMG_20095.JPG

IMG_20104.JPG

IMG_20112.JPG

IMG_20142.JPG

IMG_20163.JPG

IMG_20202.JPG

IMG_20253.JPG

IMG_20274.JPG

IMG_20285.JPG

IMG_20064.JPG

IMG_20152.JPG

IMG_20261.JPG

IMG_20295.JPG

Really beautiful stuff there doc, wouldn't except anything less :thumb:

I can't believe the crystals on those ~ really superb!

:peace:

Fantastic looking plants Doc :bravo:

An up date on my try at pollination. I got a small artists paint brush and dipped it in the pollen I collected and dabbed a little (so I thought) on one branch of each of the three plants in the room. Those three branches are loaded with seeds, and apparently so are a few other branches.

The Afrodite buds were already hard as a rock at 3 weeks old which is amazing, but a week and a half later they are even harder and loaded with seeds.

I have Afrodite x Querkle, Cream Carmel x Querkle, and AK47 x Querkle, all with seeds for some future grows. And OrginalBerry, Diesel, Querkle seedlings, and WW clones in the on deck circle in the veg room that will also be pollinated with the Querkle pollen. I am psyched for some interesting grows.

The Afrodite plant is amazing for only 4+ weeks into flower, it looks like it can be picked already it looks so mature. I can't wait to see what another 4 or 5 weeks does to her. Sample bud was REALLY intense. It made me vibrate for about 10 minutes. My friend actually said he heard me vibrate, lol. Then it mellowed into a very nice stone.

Looking awesome as usual my brother. :goodjob:
:Namaste:

thanks! I'm starting to learn how to grow this stuff....

Really beautiful stuff there doc, wouldn't except anything less :thumb:

I can't believe the crystals on those ~ really superb!

:peace:

These Paki strains are really great when it comes to the resin formation. The Lemon Paki is a cross between Lemon Thai and Landrace Old World Paki.....really cool strain!

Incredible Doc who is the breader of the OG Kush was them clones taken from seed or clone?

The OG was sourced out of Lake Tahoe about 15 years ago. Lemon Thai x Paki x Chemdawg. This is the original OG. The cut has been going now for 15 years.

Fantastic looking plants Doc :bravo:

An up date on my try at pollination. I got a small artists paint brush and dipped it in the pollen I collected and dabbed a little (so I thought) on one branch of each of the three plants in the room. Those three branches are loaded with seeds, and apparently so are a few other branches.

The Afrodite buds were already hard as a rock at 3 weeks old which is amazing, but a week and a half later they are even harder and loaded with seeds.

I have Afrodite x Querkle, Cream Carmel x Querkle, and AK47 x Querkle, all with seeds for some future grows. And OrginalBerry, Diesel, Querkle seedlings, and WW clones in the on deck circle in the veg room that will also be pollinated with the Querkle pollen. I am psyched for some interesting grows.

The Afrodite plant is amazing for only 4+ weeks into flower, it looks like it can be picked already it looks so mature. I can't wait to see what another 4 or 5 weeks does to her. Sample bud was REALLY intense. It made me vibrate for about 10 minutes. My friend actually said he heard me vibrate, lol. Then it mellowed into a very nice stone.

Sounds great bro!

Are you smoking the seeded buds? My seeded columbian gold is my personal stash. It's better than the sinsimilla. People have got to get over seeds....I think they actually improve the effect, not to mention propagate the species.

thanks! I'm starting to learn how to grow this stuff....

:rofl: You kill me brother... Looking awesome as usual!

Are you smoking the seeded buds? My seeded columbian gold is my personal stash. It's better than the sinsimilla. People have got to get over seeds....I think they actually improve the effect, not to mention propagate the species.

Until I started growing, the only thing I could get around me had seeds... The quality sucked, but I don't blame the seeds for that... I just don't think it was grown with the same amount of :love:love:love: as I give mine!

Are you smoking the seeded buds? My seeded columbian gold is my personal stash. It's better than the sinsimilla. People have got to get over seeds....I think they actually improve the effect, not to mention propagate the species.[/QUOTE]

I second that notion about the effect. Buddy of mines grew some killer plants that were really seeded ( n I mean to d core...buds were mostly seed!!!) They were really resinous n smelled of freshly peeled mangoes. The smoke was smooth as silk in a bong or joint. Euphoric would b a nice word to describe d effect.
All in all ,don't smoke the seed you'll kill the breed.... Instead take out the seed n roor rip the remainder lol!!
Hey doc do ya have ne pics of the cured Colombian gold nuggetry?

I second that notion about the effect. Buddy of mines grew some killer plants that were really seeded ( n I mean to d core...buds were mostly seed!!!) They were really resinous n smelled of freshly peeled mangoes. The smoke was smooth as silk in a bong or joint. Euphoric would b a nice word to describe d effect.
All in all ,don't smoke the seed you'll kill the breed.... Instead take out the seed n roor rip the remainder lol!!
Hey doc do ya have ne pics of the cured Colombian gold nuggetry?[/QUOTE]

I do have pics.....but I'm really super busy right now...I'll try to catch up and start journaling again in the near future.

The nugs aren't impressive looking as far as "normal" buds. They're not super dense, but not totally wispy. There's good resin formation, but not as much as some other strains.

The smell is fantastic, lemony, with a bit of pepper. It's even nicer when burning. Taste is smooth and easy.

You can't smoke too much! No anxiety, no racing heart beat....the more you smoke, the better you feel......but this stuff is STRONG and you are definitely effected....but not F'd up.....more like put right.

Happy, confident, comfortable, super red eye, munchies, uncontrollable laughter.....damn sexy too.

It's my favorite of all time and nearly everyone who has tried it agrees.

I'll post some pics soon. Thanks for checking in on the journal!

The garden still grows.....

The new star of the show is Lemon Paki, and the up-and-coming star is SF Berry.

just put some New Zealand Purple Kush and some Chocolate Thai into bloom. Pics in no particular order:

AC: go big, or go home.
IMG_20316.JPG

Lookin at a pound and a half per light here on the OG
IMG_20326.JPG

IMG_20335.JPG

IMG_20344.JPG

IMG_20354.JPG

Say Cheese! Chop for this one this weekend.
IMG_20364.JPG

SF Berry. Gonna have some giant colas on these.
IMG_20373.JPG

Lemon Paki
IMG_20385.JPG

IMG_20396.JPG

IMG_20404.JPG

IMG_20415.JPG

IMG_20444.JPG

IMG_20463.JPG

IMG_20472.JPG

Rootball from7 gallon Jack Herer
IMG_20425.JPG

Purple Paki: big disappointment with these plants. Yield will be miniscule, if I decide to do a tedious trim job. I think the soil was too hot. I'll try again with a very weak soil mix.
IMG_20435.JPG

Up and coming plants, NZ Purple Kush, chocolate thai
IMG_20455.JPG

I like to hang trimmed branches upside down and adjust the temps and RH so it takes a week before the little brachts go snappy. Then, I trim them off and put 'em into Turkey bags.

Same treatment for seeds or not.

What kinda temp/rh does it take to get a week drying time for you?

What kinda temp/rh does it take to get a week drying time for you?

I like 65 degrees, 55% Rh. However, if you don't feel like running another AC all the time, and it's hot out, 75 degrees and 60% Rh works well.

The Rh seems more important than the temps and if things seem to be drying too fast, I'll bump up the humidity before I run the AC, because the AC also dries things out and I'll have to run both AC and humidifier, wasting power.

I used to trim the buds off the branches and dry them in a mesh net....but having a large stem attaches to the buds really helps with slowing down the drying rate.

As slow dry seems to improve the flavor of the smoke more than the smell.

I haven't done it yet, but I want to experiment with starting the drying process with 85 degrees and 80% Rh for 2 or 3 days, and then gradually drop things to 65/50. I learned this method from reading about home tobacco curing.....it might be a stupid idea, so let me ruin a crop before you do!

Back
Top Bottom