Does this look about right?

Chile 420

Hey guys, this my second grow. I have two plants ' Deimos by BUdddha seeds and Auto Critical Jack by Dinafem. They are on day 20 today, each one under approximately 100 watts of cool white CFLs. Humidity stays around 35 to 50 percent, temp around 85. They are in smart bags or pots or whatever, of BIo BIzz all mix - about 21 liters each.

Anyway, while they seem to be healthy and bushy enough, I was wondering whether or not these plants look too small for 20 days:

IMG_015430.JPG
IMG_015331.JPG
IMG_015535.JPG
IMG_015140.JPG
IMG_015140.JPG
IMG_014936.JPG

If you have any questions just let me know and Ill give you more details, but I would love to know what you think. I feel like they should be taking off by now, but they are quite small - about 4 inches each Id say.

All comments are appreciated!

im dealing with the same issue... about 18 days old, looks the same, while other planets i saw they look way taller when they reach this age!!!?? it makes me think that theres something wrong with the way i'm growing it !!????!?!?

This would be the result of using CFL. It's not a bad thing. It just means they at going to be nice bushy plants. I started growing under CFL and they did they same thing. They look happy and healthy!!!

nothing wrong here they look healthy
that's the main thing I would be concerned about
also most autos don't get too big
that one will be debated tho lots of opinions just gotta take everything with a grain of salt but youll see consistency from some growers answers to other growers answers
one other thing you might want to do get those lights more on an angle
as the cfl's give lights off the sides better than the bottom

Sweet, well thanks for all the positive comments and support. They actually seem to be hitting something of a growth spurt. I'll post an update around day 25. In the meanwhile I'm trying to think of how I could modify my setup so that my plants are able to absorb more of the light (considering Chronic's comment.) I think that was a problem I had last time around - the light was not penetrating down far enough and the lower part of the plants really suffered and produced little to no bud. If anyone has any advice on how to best hang (8) 24 watt CFLs to maximize the effect of the lights on the 2 plants, let me know!

So today is day 28, and I figured that I would give you guys an update as promised!

Things seem to be going really well since the last time that I posted. Check this out:

Auto Critical Jack Day 28:
IMG_017930.JPG
IMG_017833.JPG
IMG_017635.JPG

Deimos Day 28:
IMG_018136.JPG
IMG_017729.JPG

While this might not seem too crazy, I take a look at the last pictures I posted - that was Day 20, as in 8 days ago. Not too bad for just a 4 CFLs over each plant! Anyway, if people are interested, I'll keep pictures coming through flowering.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

You are doing a great job. I just use t8 on most of my veg. Just do the best with what you got.Your girls look great.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind letting me know once again if things seem to be moving along well at this point.

So I actually moved the plants outside onto my balcony as I figured that I should take advantage of the very strong sun that we are dealing with at this time of the year. The plants are getting direct sunlight for about 7 hours a day on my balcony. (They would be getting a lot more but because the sun is a lot higher in the sky in the summer, it doesn't penetrate the balcony as much.) Also, in addition to Bio Grow and Bio Bloom from BIO BIZZ, I have also been using a product called "delta nueve" (a product specifically for cannabis meant to increase bud growth and resin production) from "Cannabiogen," a company from Spain. The plants have received three dosages of this: two foliar, and they received their first dosage directly into the substrate as of 2 days ago.

Anyway, on to the plants. First here is the Deimos on DAY 43. It has stretched a lot, but I understand that this is pretty normal for a Deimos (Buddha seeds - most Northern Lights).

IMG_019431.JPG
IMG_019829.JPG
IMG_019328.JPG

Here's a shot of the top bud.
IMG_019636.JPG

Here's the Auto Critical Jack from Dinafem on DAY 43:
IMG_019731.JPG
IMG_019933.JPG
IMG_020439.JPG
IMG_020840.JPG

So anyway, they seem to be going relatively well, but I am also a bit confused as to why the Auto Critical Jack has been putting all of its energy on the buds and why the Deimos is just starting to get to that. Do these plants look good for day 43 considering that they will live until around day 70? In other words, do you all think that these plants look good for being 4 weeks from harvest?? I'm worried that the bud development is under par.

As usual, all of your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom