...my local seed vendor actually has GG Strain’s og glue available. Theyre just expensive as fuck.. 3-pack of fem autos costs 55€ :oops:

Yowza! It seems like seed prices have gone up everywhere, let lone boutique seeds from original breeders which have always been pricey. Luckily I stocked up with 50 beans a while back. For me that's about a 2 year supply. Nirvana created their USA only store and doubled the price of everything. For shits and gigs I used my VPN and chose a European server so I could get to their old site. I could see the lower priced beans but they've removed the option to ship to USA addresses. Sneaky bastards. Then if you try to buy their stuff through another seed bank that ships to the USA, they don't have the full lineup of seeds available. When I get down to my last few beans I might have to break down and start making clones or do a seed run if prices keep going up.

Yowza! It seems like seed prices have gone up everywhere, let lone boutique seeds from original breeders which have always been pricey. Luckily I stocked up with 50 beans a while back. For me that's about a 2 year supply. Nirvana created their USA only store and doubled the price of everything. For shits and gigs I used my VPN and chose a European server so I could get to their old site. I could see the lower priced beans but they've removed the option to ship to USA addresses. Sneaky bastards. Then if you try to buy their stuff through another seed bank that ships to the USA, they don't have the full lineup of seeds available. When I get down to my last few beans I might have to break down and start making clones or do a seed run if prices keep going up.
You damn right on.. especially autos as they getting more popular all the time.

Just texted the seed vendor about GG#4. He told me that only photo versions left :( He also said that FastBuds GG autos are breeded from GG#4 originally, as they had a trip at Cali back in the days and managed to get one clone which was used to breed fastbuds all Gorilla strains.
found this:
This strain has a great history behind it. From its beginning, Gorilla Glue #4 was created by Joesy Whales and Mardogg. It won the 2014 SoCal and the Michigan HighTimes Best Hybrid so, since then, it has been considered one of the best hybrid strains. FastBuds had the opportunity of triying the Gorilla Glue #4 and theywere very impressed with that strain; so, after getting the original clone of this awesome strain in a californian event, they couldn’t resist to begin the research to incorporate it to their aufoflower catalog. FastBuds used a clon of this champion and, on its basis, they have created their Gorilla Glue Autoflowering.

What yall think about FastBuds beans? Never tried before but they seem to be pretty popular ones.

Barney’s Wedding Cake auto could also be one option.
1642880895980.jpeg

When I get down to my last few beans I might have to break down and start making clones or do a seed run if prices keep going up.
Yup I have to get back on cloning. Due to lack of space, it is not yet possible tho.

What yall think about FastBuds beans? Never tried before but they seem to be pretty popular ones.

The very first Fastbuds bean I bought was a dud and I was pissed since I spent like $12 for that seed. Took me a couple years to get over it. Later I bought their OG and Blue Dream autos. Was the biggest weight I've ever pulled, photo or auto (28 oz out of 3 plants in a 32"x32" tent or 800g per SQ meter). Their Blue Dream auto is a consistent huge producer. Almost everyone I've come across that's tried it have had big results. Overall I say they have the best auto genetics, but a bit on the pricier side. You do seem to get what you pay for though as long as it comes up. If they have a good glue, I say go for it.

The very first Fastbuds bean I bought was a dud and I was pissed since I spent like $12 for that seed. Took me a couple years to get over it. Later I bought their OG and Blue Dream autos. Was the biggest weight I've ever pulled, photo or auto (28 oz out of 3 plants in a 32"x32" tent or 800g per SQ meter). Their Blue Dream auto is a consistent huge producer. Almost everyone I've come across that's tried it have had big results. Overall I say they have the best auto genetics, but a bit on the pricier side. You do seem to get what you pay for though as long as it comes up. If they have a good glue, I say go for it.
Oh so they were fastbuds seeds! Felipe told me about those.
And yup theyve specialized in autos. Gotta hope their GG has a good genetics then.

1/23 Journal update

Howdy!
It’s sunday and getting close to the end of 11th week. I feel like Kool bloom-week were timed pretty well. Reservoir runs now between 500-600ppm and just lettin her ripen. There is shit loads of small buds and whole lower 1/4 is still a raw larf.

I’d be very pleased if the nugs would swell a bit more and connect together. :Namaste:

1/22 - 1/23/2022

- Water level
: Falling 2.5L overnight
- Water temp: 18C
- Tent temp: 22C
- Canopy temp: 22.5C
- RH: 32%
- VPD: -
- Prev PPM: 590
- Current PPM: 540
- Adjusted PPM: 610
- Prev pH: 6
- Current pH: 6.3 - First time pH rising after the flowering has begun!
- Adjusted pH: 5.8

Day 75:

I never topped her btw

1/23 Trichomes - getting pretty close!

Do you guys have any wild guesses how much this puncher would yield? :smokin: Canopy is 30" wide and height is ~27".

Have a nice sunday & grow well.
:passitleft:

- Verb

1/25 Journal update

Hello 420famz & growers.
First of all wanted to thank who ever nominated my journal on GJOTM. Im very honored about the opportunity!

Purple Punch auto shifting into 12th week. 77 days above ground. :yummy:

Tent has been taken down now as the landlords will show up tomorrow. :eek:
Bucket is sittin in the bedroom and gotta keep the room ventilated - door closed window open. Room temp is between 16-18C and dwc buckets water tends drop almost down to 16C. She getting lil cold stress right now.

Looks like she still swelling good. Some of the sugar leaves getting purp/pinkish hue. Might end up with good looking nugs!

1/24 - 1/25/2022

- Water level:
Falling ~1.5L overnight
- Water temp: 17.3C
- Tent temp: -
- Canopy temp: 18C
- RH: 29%
- Prev PPM: 560
- Current PPM: 580
- Adjusted PPM: 650
- Prev pH: 5.8
- Current pH: 5.5

And couple pics from day 76 & 77:

Lights off - flash on

Still wondering should I ripen her for the next 10-14 days (if she keeps swelling) or take her down in next couple days - trichomes telling me to chop her soon.
PP still consumes quite amounts of cations. pH still tends to fall down 5.4-5.5, slower tho.
Yall hydro experts could point me the direction :thanks:

Have a nice toke-tuesday and GL me for the weed-wednesday inspection! Fingers crossed and hope it goes smooth.

- V

1/25 Journal update

Hello 420famz & growers.
First of all wanted to thank who ever nominated my journal on GJOTM. Im very honored about the opportunity!

Purple Punch auto shifting into 12th week. 77 days above ground. :yummy:

Tent has been taken down now as the landlords will show up tomorrow. :eek:
Bucket is sittin in the bedroom and gotta keep the room ventilated - door closed window open. Room temp is between 16-18C and dwc buckets water tends drop almost down to 16C. She getting lil cold stress right now.

Looks like she still swelling good. Some of the sugar leaves getting purp/pinkish hue. Might end up with good looking nugs!

1/24 - 1/25/2022

- Water level:
Falling ~1.5L overnight
- Water temp: 17.3C
- Tent temp: -
- Canopy temp: 18C
- RH: 29%
- Prev PPM: 560
- Current PPM: 580
- Adjusted PPM: 650
- Prev pH: 5.8
- Current pH: 5.5

And couple pics from day 76 & 77:

Lights off - flash on

Still wondering should I ripen her for the next 10-14 days (if she keeps swelling) or take her down in next couple days - trichomes telling me to chop her soon.
PP still consumes quite amounts of cations. pH still tends to fall down 5.4-5.5, slower tho.
Yall hydro experts could point me the direction :thanks:

Have a nice toke-tuesday and GL me for the weed-wednesday inspection! Fingers crossed and hope it goes smooth.

- V
I hope everything goes well my friend.
Much karma sent. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

I hope everything goes well my friend.
Much karma sent. :love:

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill :love: Hopefully a good karma:laughtwo:

See the fiskars bag ready underneath the bucket :laugh: Spent fucking 60€ on two of those. 60€ to cover my plant. LOL. Better be a good cover then.
Actually terrified about this whole dum ass situation.

Thanks Bill :love: Hopefully a good karma:laughtwo:

See the fiskars bag ready underneath the bucket :laugh: Spent fucking 60€ on two of those. 60€ to cover my plant. LOL. Better be a good cover then.
Actually terrified about this whole dum ass situation.
Just be prepared and confident, everything will go well I'm sure.
60€ wow.

Stay safe
Bill

Just be prepared and confident, everything will go well I'm sure.
60€ wow.

Stay safe
Bill
60€ were well spent, thank god.
We made it thru the inspection!!! Fortunately Mrs. V was aweke earlier and she awoke me just in time. Had to rush into bedroom pack the plant whilst heard them doing something in the stairwell. o_O
I bet the bedroom was smelling as they came like five mins after I threw the plant at balcony.

It was almost an hour's worth of work — I was like hella nervous after 30mins as I knew there was -5C outside and didn’t have time to add hot water to the res.

So after about an hour I took her inside, checked the damage and water.
Looks like only couple broken branches, droopy plant and res water temp had dipped down to 13C :sorry:
This is how she looked first:
FAABD628-F18C-44FD-A6A6-EBCC737A7292.jpeg

C9612D19-C2EA-45BB-8DFB-AEE9653A8169.jpeg

Then gave her a fresh reservoir batch, did some more LST and a slight defoliation.
Reservoir EC: 1.3 / TDS: 660ppm

Still little droopy

And then by the evening she perks up like a champ! :hug: :cheer:

Realized after the defoliation how much raw larf theres in middle of the plant. I’ll give her about 10 to 14 days to swell and get ripen.

Wanna thank you all for the support! @Rexer that little droughting idea was good - There was only like a half bucket so roots could breath more without electricity. Only downside of it was that the water got colder faster.

The tent will be erected by friday and I’ll shop the new beans this weekend. Something needs to grow 24/7!

Stay safe fam, mates, buddies, bros & sisters.
:thanks:

Verb

Congratulations!
:yahoo:
She’ll be fine - and gorgeous - in no time!
Thank you SenseiBlu :surf:

Hopefully the magic happens during the 12th week! I’d prob be happy with the results if I chop it right away. But thought naaaaw I’m dwc first timer and she looks still kickin, so why not just keep going?

Lmao I’m being baked af and the whole question sounds obviously stupid. But ye hello thats me, having casul conversations with myself inside my head. :laugh:

:yahoo::woohoo:

That's great news Verbalist!!! And she'll look like nothing happened at all by harvest :high-five:
Thanks brother!! :hug: Surprised she didn’t really flinch. Just lil droopy and couple broken branches (my fault rushing with her):cheesygrinsmiley:

Fortunately the weather wasn’t that colder. -5C only. I’d have been in trouble if there had been -20C.
How is it in Canada btw?

Oh and forgot to post FLASH ON pic - gigs for ”bigger & denser” looking buds:
86A116BD-9C74-42B4-9324-056D95312763.jpeg

Hello contrast.

Fortunately the weather wasn’t that colder. -5C only. I’d have been in trouble if there had been -20C.
How is it in Canada btw?
-5C? That's not too bad at all! Been really bad here, was -40C:eek: with windchill the other night. It warms up a bit, dumps snow, then the temperatures drop back down:rolleyes:.

Nugs are looking sweet brother

-5C? That's not too bad at all! Been really bad here, was -40C:eek: with windchill the other night. It warms up a bit, dumps snow, then the temperatures drop back down:rolleyes:.
Holy shit. Thats getting close to our neighbouring country, Russia, some real Siberia shit :laugh: I bet you couldn’t take a piss outside without your urine freezing in the air.

it wouldn’t be a saturday without Mrs. Big lady update!
1/29 Update

Shes still kicking and theres resin all over the place.
E60422C2-0021-4418-B960-B80DB5147C83.jpeg

As the leaves are still in good shape decided to give her a second Kool Bloom-boost week.
Prev reservoir ppm was about 650ppm. First mixed at 0.75ml/L ratio and ended with ~850ppm. I’ll top and gradually increase the amount until it hits 1000ppm or 1.5ml/L dose.
Today 80 or 81 days above ground and hoping to wrap this up after 90 days.

Then couple juicers:

Stay safe and medicated

Appreciate all the feedback!

- V

Holy shit. Thats getting close to our neighbouring country, Russia, some real Siberia shit :laugh: I bet you couldn’t take a piss outside without your urine freezing in the air.
Yeah -40C (with windchill) isn't a norm fortunately. We get those kind of temps for a little bit with a cold snap, then it gets to more "normal " temps of -22C.

Dude, those trichs on the stem is sweet :drool:

Yeah -40C (with windchill) isn't a norm fortunately. We get those kind of temps for a little bit with a cold snap, then it gets to more "normal " temps of -22C.
How north you livin then? Like at what latitude?

Here in finland its getting cold when it hits over -20C and sometimes it might peek up to -30C. Rarely tho.
Lol feels weird now as I’m living in the iceland but never been in -40C. Damn, how cold is that? Like f…. -30C and your eyes are bout to melt together.

Does even a single 2000s car start in -40C? :rofl:

Trichs on the fan leaf stems!
o_O
Its like everywhere!

How north you livin then? Like at what latitude?
Dude that's just winter in most of Canada :laughtwo: .
Here in finland its getting cold when it hits over -20C and sometimes it might peek up to -30C. Rarely tho.
huh, that's surprising...I always figured your winters were colder. Here you freeze your nads in the winter, and roast 'em in the summer. We do have the odd mild winters where we don't get the really cold temps- but those winters usually have lots of snow. Seems like it's an "either/or" for most of the areas I've lived.

Lol feels weird now as I’m living in the iceland but never been in -40C. Damn, how cold is that? Like f…. -30C and your eyes are bout to melt together.
it hurts the lungs personally. And makes me cough like a SOB when I get back in the warmth (that's just me).
And remember, i was talking minus 40 with windchill, which I think is -32C (roughly?), Depending on the wind that day obviously .
Normal winter temps for this time of year is -20s Celsius. We do get "mild" spells as well where it's averages -15C.
Does even a single 2000s car start in -40C?
It's hard as hell on vehicles. Usually they get plugged in (block heater) and the engine stays somewhat warm (keeps the oil warm and engine block). You can get fancy battery warmers that get plugged in too. I have one, worked amazing until a damn squirrel ripped the battery blanket up last summer:rolleyes:. Which caused my battery to freeze up recently. I'm just keeping a battery charger on it for now and will swap it out this summer.

Summertime must be nice there..
to put up with -40C winters!
:eek:
Summer is nice, fall is my favorite. But yeah, it's beautiful up here in the summer, I'm surrounded by lakes full of fish and campgrounds.
Wanna hear something funny? In an extreme heatwave it will "feel like" 40C with the humidity.
Average temperatures in summer are around 20C to 27C.

We complain about the cold in the winter and heat in the summer :rofl:

2/1/2022 Journal update

Howdy folks!
Haven’t had much to update. Purple Punch is ripenin again at around 950-1050ppm (decided to give her 2nd Kool Bloom week)

So yesterday I went to buy the 5-pack of FastBuds Gorilla Glue autos :yahoo: It is always a pleasure to deal with this guy!
Bought the Glue pack, and then guy starts to throw free sample seeds from the shelf :laugh: and ended up with all these:
9CC8BED8-668B-4597-9E29-1CDCCBE67AD1.jpeg

- 5x FastBuds fem GG autos
- 1x @Barney's Farm Wedding Cake fem auto
(Wifey saw the pic of pinkish Wedding Cake promo and she wanted an own plant :laughtwo: - So expect to see one Wedding Cake most likely in soil or coco)
- 2x @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue fem autos

I’m stocked up right now!
And 1x FB’s GG auto and the Wedding Cake bean germinating now in glass of water!
2D07469C-740B-4DA2-AC03-FB3919C43755.jpeg

Purple Punch will be harvested as the new GG needs the DWC bucket for herself. Germination prob takes from 2-5 days and first couple days it can grow the roots out from the RW or Jiffy plug before transplanting into netcup. …Oh shit just realized I need a new 6" net cup for the DWC, as PP roots has grown so I have to demolish the current one.

Added 100W LED panel ”spot light” for the lower canopy if the larf buds would swell up better
3993D58D-300B-4DEB-A73D-09A12DE14D28.jpeg

She still keeps drinking like 2-2.5L per 24h.
I’ll change the reservoir water in next couple days and by then shes going to get bout 200-250ppm of Terpinator only.

Trics are still somehow pretty cloudy and very little amber ones. But the amount of resin all over the plant is incredible!

2/1/2022 Couple pics from day 84:

32" width canopy:

PS. Cba to put the tent up and stuff her inside there. I’ll let her ripen right there. Setting it up for the new seedlings as they germinate. :popcorn:

Have a nice tuesday fammmz! :love:
Stay safe, grow well.

- V

Back
Top Bottom