One thing I’m wondering. Is it typical for flowering plant that I can read the dwc things and understand that she consumes mostly cations. I thought even the flowering plant should be pretty much in balance with anion and cation uptake.
Not necessarily - the plant has no interest in balancing the ionic charge in the reservoir - only within the plant. If she takes up a Mg+2 ion, she has to release 2 H+ ions. Her internal ionic charge will stay balanced even if she keeps taking in more cations than anions - but the reservoir pH will decrease due to the additional H+ ions she is releasing.
PS. I think that chart’s inaccurate. Magnesium looks right tho. But Ca, Fe and P ain’t right.
Granted. Which inaccurate chart do you like?

Granted. Which inaccurate chart do you like?
:laugh:
I prefer this one:
1641577053876.png

Idk how inacurate is that, but would make more sense.

Also that article is a good read. The chart from 1940 is probs closest one even tho its decades old.

Not necessarily - the plant has no interest in balancing the ionic charge in the reservoir - only within the plant. If she takes up a Mg+2 ion, she has to release 2 H+ ions. Her internal ionic charge will stay balanced even if she keeps taking in more cations than anions - but the reservoir pH will decrease due to the additional H+ ions she is releasing.
Oh that makes sense. So when the pH tends to only fall, can we assume she takes up a lot of K & Mg cations - which should mean the plant roots isn’t in ”a lockout mode”?

Lockout occurs when the pH (low or high) negatively affects the uptake of one or more nutrients.

In other words, the pH less than 5.8 resulted in a lockout of Mg. Thus, the deficiency of Mg becomes the limiting factor for growth.

1/7 FRIDAY NIGHT FIESTA :cheer:
Purple Punch #1 Harvest:

Evening fam!
Decided to take PP#1 aka Logan down. She got KO’d!

The plant stayed pretty compact and felt like shes ready now. It was a 10 weeks growth, once again. :yahoo:Cut after 66 days since she emerged.
270g wet weight (~9.5oz) — Hoping for about 70-90g dry ~2.5-3oz.
Mayweather requires the whole tent space and every possible lumen for now.

Lã Fiesta:
66 days above ground

Sweetie

Almost 10oz dry from this mini puncher

Lil photo shootings before the chop

Scissor hash!! Loading up the bowl

Took couple smaller nugs and some larf for the friday night :drool:

Have a nice smoky friday 420fam & growers. I’ll sure do.

Lockout occurs when the pH (low or high) negatively affects the uptake of one or more nutrients.

In other words, the pH less than 5.8 resulted in a lockout of Mg. Thus, the deficiency of Mg becomes the limiting factor for growth.
So shouldn’t worry about flushing the roots in a plain pH’d water for a certain period of time?
When pH gets adjusted and correct roots should be absorbing normally?

1/9/2022 Journal update

Sunday 420 and growers!
PP#1 still hang drying in the bathroom / 20C (68F) and keeping the RH between 40-50%. Drying much slower now :goof:
Trimmed most off after the harvest but 2nd trim takes place before jarring them.

Last night took couple samples and this smoke is just AWSOME! Vaped the first bowl and it actually hits your head AND body as its described
The potency of this strain gives the consumer a one-two punch to the head and body, initially landing between the eyes and settling down into the limbs.

After the 2nd or 3rd joint I was so couch locked that I passed out and forgot the oven on for overnight :cheesygrinsmiley: Luckily it was set only for 35C to quick dry the trimmings.
Gotta post the smoke report later when its dry enough to smoke it without mixing cig.

Then let’s get to the PP#2 aka Mayweather on DWC.
Shes having now the whole 2x3 tent. So decided to do little LST and spread the fuck out of her. Took me almost 2hrs to tie her down btw. Now she has 27-28" wide canopy.

Mg issue looks to be settling down slowly. Ive gradually dropped the ppm’s and mostly topped the res with pH’d water and Canna’s 7% MgO.
The bud production still seem to be lacking or absent. Feels like the pistils are turning into orange faster than it produces new fresh white hairs.

1/8 - 1/9/2022:

- Water level:
Falling, over 3L overnight!
- Water temp: 18.5-20C
- Tent temp: 22.1C
- Canopy temp: 23.5C
- RH: 40%
- VPD: 1.24kPa
- Prev PPM: 910ppm
- Current PPM: 880ppm this morning (only ~30ppm drop whilst she drank almost a gallon)
- Adjusted PPM: 850ppm (topped with 3.5L water mixed with 1ml Canna Magnesium & 2.5ml Terpinator)
- Prev pH: 6.1 (adjusted before lights went off)
- Current pH: 5.5 this morning - upped to 5.9

1/9 day 61:

2.2 feet wide (70cm)

Lots of resin, but buds formin poorly

Sucha cluster

Have a nice sunday!
Stay toked and grow safe :cheesygrinsmiley:

- V

Beautiful harvest Verb! I have to wet some of those seeds! Going to be tasty I bet!
Thank you brother Otter! :green_heart:

Purple Punchs definitely a strain you want to test!
Should be pretty easy to grow, but slightly more susceptible for diseases.

Ready buds are literally coated with resin. Applying just a little pressure with finger and it sticks to like a glue :drool:

Thank you brother Otter! :green_heart:

Purple Punchs definitely a strain you want to test!
Should be pretty easy to grow, but slightly more susceptible for diseases.

Ready buds are literally coated with resin. Applying just a little pressure with finger and it sticks to like a glue :drool:
That's my kind of talk! Yeah I see PP frosting up a storm! I bet it tastes super purple!

That's my kind of talk! Yeah I see PP frosting up a storm! I bet it tastes super purple!
Haha :ganjamon:

Yup theyve got a heavy duty winter coats hands down :rofl: Goretex and shit.

And the taste..! *Exposing my smoke report now* you know the taste & feeling when smoking kief from bottom of your grinder. That smoke scrapes your lungs because of the thc only. Smoking PP is quite similar. The smoke is very pungent.
It still might change a lot during the curing tho.. all these are just first experiments smoking half dry product.

B2934800-6F27-4554-B33D-71A47C10EC33.jpeg

:surf:

1/12 Journal update

Hellow fam and growers!
Nothing special to report about PP#2 on dwc. Looks like the yield will be slightly reduced due the long Mg def/lockout. Can’t actually even point the Magnesium anymore. Ca and K def symptoms visible as well as. And by judging those foliar symptoms it is hard to tell if its an excess or a lockout.
Bucket change will be done tomorrow. Might try to start with 700-800ish ppm and see if she starts to eat better.

Flowers are ”bulking” so slowly, so don’t know how dense they get before shes end of her round.
Landlords comming to make an inspection in 7 days and Ive planned to hide the plant on balcony in a small cabinet or in a big barrel.. Going to be so hazard and both solutions are way too small for her to not damage it…Like a lot. -5C outside and she might have to stay there in the cold for 1-4hrs. No guarantees if she survives. So Ive already prepaired to the worst scenario. Which would be half ready plant dies, then goes into rosin pressed just for lols.
Thats why the next growth is already planned and beans only needs to be bough.

1/11 - 1/12/2022

- Water level
: Falling 3-5L in past 12h
- Water temp: 19C
- Tent temp: 22.1C
- Canopy temp: 24C
- RH: 45%
- VPD: -
- Prev PPM: 960
- Current PPM: 1050 / Rising!
- Adjusted PPM: 950 / Topped with pH’d water to bring down to 900ish
- Prev pH: 6
- Current pH: 5.6 / pH still tends to fall very fast whilst the water level.

1/12 Day 64:

1/11 Day 63:

Then the sweeet PP nugs!
That smoke is a real Logan’s punch to the head!! Two bowls or more and you get a punch to your body. This is definitely the night time smoke when you just wanna wind off and get your head spinnin and eventually fall in a sleep. :bongrip:

Oh and dry weight was 53g (~2oz) before started jar curing them. I was hoping for a little more, but knew that she aint going to yield much. Anyway 50 grams of the best weed Ive grew and this also goes into top 5, hands down. Exactly what I was hoping for, more quality rather than quantity.

53g dry / almost 2oz
B6C9D250-52CC-4FC0-B270-CCB155329796.jpeg

So much resin! Could literally throw a couple gram nugget against the wall and it prob would stick :laugh::rofl:
0F1B0444-1DB7-4116-B57E-E213AF68F780.jpeg

05AD731B-0D3E-47D6-BF88-E70DA79EB4C1.jpeg

Now burping the jars. Keeping RH pretty steady between 55-65%.
Cat piss smell is also almost gone after three days.
3590DCBC-5155-4FE4-841B-F74C77B782CE.jpeg

Mini hygrometers still on their way. Lol hopefully they arrive before the spring.

PS. If youve got any handy super ideas how to stash minium 50x50cm width and ~120cm tall plant, so I’m listening and hearing ears open!

Im just tokin bowls after other trying to figure something clever which wouldn’t look too suspicious or obvious..:eye-roll:

Stay medicated for rest of the wednesday, its cold outside! And thanks for stoppin
:green_heart:

Verb

2EF18395-F555-4B5E-9FD4-4E6B73D4714E.jpeg

The inspection is only for plumbing and air ventilation?
Yes. Plumbing = They checking kitchen and bathroom sink and pipes if any leaks.
Air ventilation = they sweep this flat flues first outside then they go from apartment to another and clean vents inside.
And as mentioned my tent being tubed to the venting system so tent needs to be taken down. Thats not a problem tho.

But theres living some old fart under me in this flat, and he has complained about the smell before. So we’ve got one warning already. And if there is any chance that landlords smells the plant, then they going to have to report police. So can’t really take the risk and hide the plant inside the closet… Because it smells, A LOT.

This apartment is very small one 50m2 / 2 rooms, kitchen and bathroom. So when they cleaning the vents they go room by room and one vent is just above balcony so they might even go out there. But outside they prob wont smell it.

Also don’t know the exact time when they going to pop which makes this even harder… Tent needs to be taken down and plant going to chill X perioid time inside the bedroom. I can just imagine when they knockin on the door and Ive to tell wife to slow them down so I can hide the fucking plant outside to the balcony. LOL this is a nightmare.

I was thinking about buying two of these pop-up bags:
49695718-C9B5-4889-9B87-5ECED0AC2769.jpeg

0BBB6D2E-F8C5-4A6C-AE7C-F914AAA15C84.jpeg

Place the dwc ready inside the bag and just pop the bag up when needed and cover the top with another one.
Might look a bit sketchy but thats the best one I can come up with.
Those bags are designed for grass and garden waste so the material is breathable and should be protecting from the strongest wind and coldness.

Never rental flats anymore if I’m planning to grow more than one small plant.
…If I somehow manage to pull thru this, I look forward to the applause :rip:

Yes. Plumbing = They checking kitchen and bathroom sink and pipes if any leaks.
Air ventilation = they sweep this flat flues first outside then they go from apartment to another and clean vents inside.
And as mentioned my tent being tubed to the venting system so tent needs to be taken down. Thats not a problem tho.

But theres living some old fart under me in this flat, and he has complained about the smell before. So we’ve got one warning already. And if there is any chance that landlords smells the plant, then they going to have to report police. So can’t really take the risk and hide the plant inside the closet… Because it smells, A LOT.

This apartment is very small one 50m2 / 2 rooms, kitchen and bathroom. So when they cleaning the vents they go room by room and one vent is just above balcony so they might even go out there. But outside they prob wont smell it.

Also don’t know the exact time when they going to pop which makes this even harder… Tent needs to be taken down and plant going to chill X perioid time inside the bedroom. I can just imagine when they knockin on the door and Ive to tell wife to slow them down so I can hide the fucking plant outside to the balcony. LOL this is a nightmare.

I was thinking about buying two of these pop-up bags:
49695718-C9B5-4889-9B87-5ECED0AC2769.jpeg

0BBB6D2E-F8C5-4A6C-AE7C-F914AAA15C84.jpeg

Place the dwc ready inside the bag and just pop the bag up when needed and cover the top with another one.
Might look a bit sketchy but thats the best one I can come up with.
Those bags are designed for grass and garden waste so the material is breathable and should be protecting from the strongest wind and coldness.

Never rental flats anymore if I’m planning to grow more than one small plant.
…If I somehow manage to pull thru this, I look forward to the applause :rip:
Got any large spare Amazon boxes? It would look more common place? Either way hope for the best!!!

Got any large spare Amazon boxes? It would look more common place? Either way hope for the best!!!
Hey Rex!
Been trying to look for cardboard boxes. But theyre either way too small or then the bigger ones are just waaay too big to place on balcony. Amazon boxes not available fast enough here in finland.

50x60x120cm box would be ideal. Small enough to place there and doesn’t look suspicious.
If any smaller than that might get lots of broken branches and if any bigger it starts to look weird at balcony.

I’m actually being more worried about the smell and timing right now. :rolleyes:
the weather looks like getting littlw milder next week so I turst in her that she can handle couple hrs outside.
Biggest concern is the smell. Bought couple of those ona block gels if they could make the air little more fresh and less pungent.

1/14 Journal update

Hello la 420 fàmily & growers. Its a friyay once again! Tonight I’ll be well medicated. Purple Punches curing lovely. Getting 65% RH tops and burping between 50-60%. The smell is awsome!

Also the good news are that I managed to agree on a specific date and time when the landlords will pop over. :yahoo: Bought myself 16 extra days before they come. And Ive got the bags and thingys ready. So I’d say definitely doable!
now just fingers crossed everything goes smooth.

Yesterday did a bucket change and added Kool Bloom to the feeding regime. I guess I’ll treat the plant with GHE Kool Bloom as I’d do with the PK boosters. PK boosters are usually recommended to use for about a week a few weeks before the harvest.
So the newest bucket mix is here:

- 1ml/l GHE Micro / soft water
- 2.1ml/l GHE Bloom
- 1.25ml/l Kool Bloom
- 0.55ml/l Terpinator
- 0.5ml/l Canna Magnesium
- 0.5ml/l Hydroguard

Ending EC: 1.8-1.9 / TDS: 950ppm

1/14/2022 - Day 66:

1/13-1/14/2022

- Water level
: Falling 2.5L past 12h
- Water temp: 18.1C
- Tent temp: 23C
- Canopy temp: 24.5C
- RH: 40%
- VPD: ~1.2kPa
- Prev PPM: 950
- Current PPM: 910
- Adjusted PPM: 990 / topped with leftover nutrient solution
- Prev pH: 6.1
- Current pH: 5.4 / Overnight down from ~6 - she consumes shit loads of cations so flowers should bulk soon.
- Adjusted pH: 5.9

1/14 / Day 66 / Canopy

2.2 feet width

Also the cabinet mini project is progressing :cool:
I’ll be making a new journal for her in the next coming days.

She is Tangerine Dream auto in mini DIY 1 gallon DWC. The plan is to main-line/manifold her. Im aiming for 8 main colas. We’ll see how she turns out as it is an autoflower and my first time main-lining cannabis.

Been feeding her about 250-300ppm worth of solution since she emerged. Necessary? Prob not, but wanted a flying start so the first pruning can be done at the end of 2nd week or during the third.

There she is on day 11:
AA3EBB15-FCA0-4058-AA06-C64C4F519A77.jpeg

81D7A3C9-BEA8-429E-9FFB-F3BAC7612C84.jpeg

Have a nice friday folks. And thanks for stoppin!
All the feedback, comments & tips are much appreciated. And do not hesitate to ask anything!
:passitleft:

- V

Oi @West Hippie you still alive!
Does my Purple Punch bloom in any way as yours did?
Remember u had sucha juicy colas and wondering is the strain just lazy flower, bcoz feels like buds not hulkin' just resin all over the place.

Should I keep ripenin her at around 1000ppm or let it slide down and top only with water?

Bud set was good, but now feels like shes either way too picky or then shes just lazy.
DEF856DF-626F-4D8D-977A-6CB6E88E7CC8.jpeg

Due the Kool Bloom Phosphorus and Potassium values are elevated up to ~150ppm of P (sorry Felipe :laugh:) and bout 250-300 of K.

Hey Verbalist!

Looking great and I'm glad you got some extra time to get everything sorted!

Is that liquid or powdered koolbloom?
Hey Rexer, glad to see u around :hug: And thank you! Im actually proud of her as I’m a first timer with dwc. Even tho the nugs are lacking more or less, gotta keep trying and might actually pull out something.

Liquid Kool Bloom
Available P2O5 = 10%
Available K20 = 10%

Does that help?

Hey Rexer, glad to see u around :hug: And thank you! Im actually proud of her as I’m a first timer with dwc. Even tho the nugs are lacking more or less, gotta keep trying and might actually pull out something.

Liquid Kool Bloom
Available P2O5 = 10%
Available K20 = 10%

Does that help?
Verbalist my man, you've taken to hydro like a duck to water. You should be proud, your knowledge and skills are impressive for someone new to hydro!
Next you'll be looking into hydro veggies for grub :drool: (PS if you do- two techniques to look at; NFT and Kratky. Don't underestimate Kratky, I've grown zucchini and squash from totes left out on the lawn!!, no airstones or electricity).

I'm glad it's the liquid stuff (koolbloom), I use it myself. The powder stuff is quite potent and has burned many growers plants.

Also the good news are that I managed to agree on a specific date and time when the landlords will pop over. :yahoo: Bought myself 16 extra days before they come. And Ive got the bags and thingys ready. So I’d say definitely doable!
Congratulations on buying some time! :yahoo:
There she is on day 11:
AA3EBB15-FCA0-4058-AA06-C64C4F519A77.jpeg

81D7A3C9-BEA8-429E-9FFB-F3BAC7612C84.jpeg
11 days? She’s kicking it!
Due the Kool Bloom Phosphorus and Potassium values are elevated up to ~150ppm of P (sorry Felipe :laugh:) and bout 250-300 of K.
:eek: lol

Back
Top Bottom