Verbalist my man, you've taken to hydro like a duck to water. You should be proud, your knowledge and skills are impressive for someone new to hydro!
Next you'll be looking into hydro veggies for grub :drool: (PS if you do- two techniques to look at; NFT and Kratky. Don't underestimate Kratky, I've grown zucchini and squash from totes left out on the lawn!!, no airstones or electricity).
Aww thank you brother that means a lot to me. :circle-of-love:
Ikr! Wife also got hella interested about hydro thingys and she wants all the possible herbs and own mini tomatoe farm to the balcony at the next summer :laughtwo:
Ive read a lot about Kratky method and even tried some coke bottle DIY thing. But NFT is definitely the next step I’m looking into! Should pheno-hunt for perfect mother and get back to cloning using flood table and films.
In the future, promise!

I'm glad it's the liquid stuff (koolbloom), I use it myself. The powder stuff is quite potent and has burned many growers plants.
Don’t know about the markets in america. But here in finland that was quite a hunting trip so I found the liquid one. Does GHE aka Terra Aquatica manufacture Kool Bloom anymore? For example old GHEs CaLiMagic is T.A Calcium & Magnesium nowdays.

Congratulations on buying some time! :yahoo:
Thank you SenseiBlu :hug: I had to come up with a story about corona quarantine, and tell how sick we are and how we may have been exposed to COVID. They prob know about the one warning we’ve already got so I have to make 100% sure that everything is tip-top and nothing smells when they show up.

11 days? She’s kicking it!
Yes that could be Verb’s dream, a Tangerine Dream. :laugh:
Shes planted in 4" net cup and roots already came thru the bottom on the second or third day :thedoubletake:
And compared to the big bucket thats sooo much easier to control in 1 gallon dwc bucket. There actually goes only about two liters of solution (I’ll raise the water level as the roots get stronger and don’t have to worry about saturating the jiffy pellet anymore).

She and her roots on the 12th day since emerged:
DA5F5CBA-7C8E-4DD0-9B1F-BC0698760F29.jpeg

EA2DEE68-8C52-44C7-9A18-57AA681865C2.jpeg

Might replace the 1 gallon reservoir to 10L bucket after she starts to flower and drink more.
But yeah, more about her when I finish her new journal.

E: just noticed her first true 5 fingered leaves are actually 7 fingered already!!

:passitleft:

and nothing smells when they show up.
Just shrug and tell them that you can’t smell anything cuz of covid
She and her roots on the 12th day since emerged:
Spectacular!

BTW Verb, since I shared my spreadsheet with you, I have been informed by another member on here (@Perfect Sun LED) that the percentages shown in the Guaranteed Analysis are already reported as weight per volume - which would make the density (S.G.) part of the calculation (net weight/volume) unnecessary (and would over-report the ppm). I am still looking into this - I have found websites with information that contradicts this - like the one that I consulted when I was first researching the subject and this one:

5F731BCF-2F8F-4AD5-A0EE-E3EAA6552E1E.jpeg

So the jury is still out. But I wanted you (and others that I have helped with nutrient profiling - @Rexer @Delps8 @LKABudMan etc) to be aware of this development. If you or others can find anything definitive about this, please let me know.

Guaranteed Analysis are already reported as weight per volume - which would make the density (S.G.) part of the calculation (net weight/volume) unnecessary (and would over-report the ppm).
If net weight/volume is already reported what calculation formula the actual excel process uses then?

Anyway thanks for the heads-up! You wouldn’t let us down :)

Waiting how this turns out

Even THIS SITE providing regulatory standards for guaranteed analysis labeling indicates that the listed percentages of elements on the label should be by weight - not volume. This would imply to me that density (specific gravity) must be considered when analyzing ppm of liquid fertilizers.

D9124D6A-EA9E-4BE5-9F78-931BDBF2AE7D.jpeg

And then there’s this youtube video from Virginia State University that includes density (lbs/gal) in the calculation:

Edited to correct typo.

Just to show the reason for my confusion - here’s a few more websites that appear to consider density (specific gravity) of liquid fertilizers in their calculations:
That formula also could make sense. Is it just standard that theyre always calculated in hectares?
…But then at the ene of the day, does the result change with a different calculation formula?

Because then for example this site what Ive used time to time to quickly calc my nute profiles:
CannaStats - Nutrient Profiles for Cannabis
The guide says:
If the label on your container of liquid nutrients contains the Net Weight
and Liquid Volume of the contents, enter that information here. If the
information is not available, or you use dry nutrients, do not change the
defaults, leave them both set at 1.
So you’re not alone!
I tested the calculator with the liquid net weight and volume given and then with ”the defults” as ”1”.

1L bottle of 5%N - 5%P - 5%K and given example dose is 3.79ml/g (1ml/l)
Net weight in grams: 1100g / 1.1kg
Liquid volume in millineters: 1000ml

With net weight and liquid volume provided with 3.79ml/g calculation =
55ppm of N
24ppm of P
46ppm of K

Both set as ”1” / unknown & same 3.79ml/g =
50ppm of N
20ppm of P
42ppm of K
And when set it is set as 1 I guess it uses this formula then:
3.79ml/g = 1ml/L, so 1ml x 5% x 10 = 50ppm of N
Or Phosphorus: 1ml/L x 5% x 10 x 0.43 = 21.5ppm of P.

And then another thingy I read from Canna’s website: for example Canna’s PK13-14 concentrate, liquid volume 500ml - so it has 130g of Phosphorus and 140g of Potassium but analysis on label is 10.9% P2O5 and 11.8% K2O.

Wondering even if whole different calculation formula being used, does the results vary from each other? Obv the formula will vary and be more specific when the calc formula uses net weight and liquid volume in the calculation. But generally Ive seen many websites giving these more simple/straight forward instructions to calculate nutrient profiles:
Water Soluble Fertilizer Calculator
Scroll down to ”Water soluble fertilizer - a guide to the label” part

And Ive found this calculator to be pretty accurate as well

And copypasted from the site about SG calculation if not provided:
Establishing SG (Specific Gravity) for %w/w Listed Products

SG stands for Specific Gravity. Some use the term density but density can also refer to solids. Specific Gravity refers to the weight/volume of liquids in relation to water, usually measured in g/mL or grams per Millilitre. So one ml of pure water will weigh 1.0g and has an SG of 1.0. 1ml of Phosphoric Acid 75% weighs 1.58g so phosphoric acid at 75% is 1.58 times the weight of water and has an SG of 1.58. Therefore 1,000L will weigh 1,580kg (1000 x 1.58 = 1580). SG is usually measured at a standard temperature of 25 degrees Celsius (77F).

Sometimes you will find the SG of a concentrate is listed on the label. If not you are able to measure the SG by taking a precise liquid volume of the solution and weighing it. So, for example, if you take 500mL of a solution and weigh it and it weighs 650g you divide the volume by the weight and get an SG of 1.3. I.e. 500ml of liquid weighs 650grams. Therefore 650 ÷ 500 = 1.3 (SG)

1/16 Journal update

Hello 420 & growers!
It’s sunday and Purple Punch #2 getting end of the 10th week. I guess Kool Bloom gave her a little kick boost. Potassium excess and Magnesium def foliar symptoms came visible, but buds definitely has gained some weight. I guess that could be the down side of PK boosters - but thats prob why theyre supposed to be used couple weeks before the harvest only.

I’d guess she needs at least two more weeks if shes a lazy flower like that. I’ve seen plants being lazy flowers and just suddenly out of nowhere they swell mad and can be harvested like after a week tho.

Been toppin the reservoir with 0.75ml/l Kool Bloom solution to maintain about 900-950ppm in reservoir.

1/15-1/16/2022

- Water level
: Falling ~2L past 12h
- Water temp: 18C
- Tent temp: 22.5C
- Canopy temp: 23C
- RH: 45%
- VPD: 0.97kPa
- Prev PPM: 930
- Current PPM: 880
- Adjusted PPM: 970
- Prev pH: 5.9
- Current pH: 5.5 - getting little more stable
- Adjusted pH: 6

And couple pics of her at day 68:

Thanks for stoppin! And have a nice sunday
I appreciate all the feedback :Namaste:

- Verb

They're filling in nicely Verb! So if it's a cold day when they come to inspect, you might consider some hot water in a bucket or bottle to keep them ok until it's over.
Thanks Mr. Otter :ciao: Painfully slowly tho. After the Kool Bloom-treatment week I’ll be droppin EC down to 1.2-1.4 and I’ll be starting the diets soon! Hopefully they swell out of nowhere, like I did at the christmast xd.

And yup no electricity, so gotta figure some Gyver thingys.

Thanks Mr. Otter :ciao: Painfully slowly tho. After the Kool Bloom-treatment week I’ll be droppin EC down to 1.2-1.4 and I’ll be starting the diets soon! Hopefully they swell out of nowhere, like I did at the christmast xd.

And yup no electricity, so gotta figure some Gyver thingys.
'Morning Verbalist!

Wow that tent looks packed! She's gorgeous with those colas!

I think she'll be fine for a few hours with no electricity, just don't leave her sit in a completely full bucket (drain 1/3 out?). Give her roots a bit of breathing room at the top of the bucket

'Morning Verbalist!

Wow that tent looks packed! She's gorgeous with those colas!

I think she'll be fine for a few hours with no electricity, just don't leave her sit in a completely full bucket (drain 1/3 out?). Give her roots a bit of breathing room at the top of the bucket
Thank you :) hoping they swell that much to get more dense ”connected” buds.

And ye thats what I was figuring. No bubbles so gotta leave more room for the roots to breath.

Purple Punch update later today! Just did the trichomes check :nerd-with-glasses:

1/19 Journal update

Hello 420 & famz!
Now it has been a 7 days ”Kool Bloom treatment” - TDS swong between 850-1050ppm. And by looking the foliage and buds it definitely gave her a last bloom boost.
I’ll change the bucket water in the next coming days and starting to decrease EC gradually.
Judging by the trichomes she still needs about 14-20 days.

1/18-1/19/2022

- Water level
: Falling ~2L / she starts to drink less per day
- Water temp: 17.5-18.5C
- Tent temp: 22C
- Canopy temp: 22.5C
- RH: 35%
- VPD: 1.3kPa for late/mid flower
- Prev PPM: 920
- Current PPM: 950
- Adjusted PPM: 1030
- Prev pH: 6.2
- Current pH: 5.6 / still keeps falling only
- Adjusted pH: 6.1

And couple photos of her from day 70-71

Trichomes mostly cloudy, very little amber ones

Lights out canopy

Thats it for today. Thanks for stoppin! :hug: Comments and feedback all appreciated.

Stay safe!
- V

1/21 Journal update

Whats up 420 and growers.
Another update since we getting close to the end.
Its her 73th day and the top of the plant begins to lose its color. Like really fast now. Autumns comming! :Rasta:
Two days ago there was just a couple crispy ones. Now almost half of them are discolered and slowly drying down.
Breeder provided compheresensive life cycle betwen 50-60 days. So 80-85 days could be pretty close to perfect. Anyway I’ll be judging by the trichomes. At least 40% amber ones before she goes down.

Theres a pic how fast the foliage losin the color in hydro.
1/19 night - 1/20 night
F7FD212D-BA6F-4A26-AFCE-9DDED299C29A.jpeg

Biggest reason might be the Kool Bloom ripen. Fed her constantly about 900-1050 ppm for a week.

And I’ll be doing the reservoir change later today. Probs dropping TDS down to 500-600 ppm and then just topping with pH’d water, so she pulls out everything from the lower leaves. And might give her a little drough stress test. Droughter commin!!

Looks like we bout to get some pink/purplish shades towards the end!

Day 73:

I’ll list the new reservoir mix after the bucket change, later today. Might take couple tric pics as well :drool:

Cheers for poppin in :thanks:

Stay safe, keep your feet warm and do not forget the daily 4:20 :passitleft:

Pssst. Might snip off a test twig today, the resin all over the place makes me want to smoke her sooo bad.

1/21 Continues

So did the res change and new patch is:
• 3.2ml/10L Canna CalMag agent to get 0.4 EC / 200ppm starting water.
• 0.6ml/l GHE Micro
• 1.7ml/l GHE Bloom
• 1.2ml/l Terpinator
• 0.3ml/l Canna MONO Magnesium

Ending TDS: 660ppm / EC: 1.3

Shes sucha big mess :cheer:

Trichomes day 73:

Looks like its time to shop the new beans next week! Still wondering which ones to buy. NL auto would be familiar n safe, GG#4 auto sounds very tempting. And Barney’s one of the newest strains ”Banana Punch” auto which is PP x Banana OG. That could be hella interesting as well!

Have a nice friday!

- V

Looks like its time to shop the new beans next week! Still wondering which ones to buy. NL auto would be familiar n safe, GG#4 auto sounds very tempting. And Barney’s one of the newest strains ”Banana Punch” auto which is PP x Banana OG. That could be hella interesting as well!

I'd vote for the GG#4. The last Original Glue Auto (from Nirvana) that I grew was great. Nice squatty plant that had plenty of spear shaped dense colas. Great yielder and required very little training beyond topping. The high is a fantastic combo of head and body. I was gonna do 2 Zkittlez and 2 Original Glues (both Nirvana autos), but am now leaning towards dropping 4 of the Glues this weekend.

I'd vote for the GG#4. The last Original Glue Auto (from Nirvana) that I grew was great. Nice squatty plant that had plenty of spear shaped dense colas. Great yielder and required very little training beyond topping. The high is a fantastic combo of head and body. I was gonna do 2 Zkittlez and 2 Original Glues (both Nirvana autos), but am now leaning towards dropping 4 of the Glues this weekend.
Hello farside!

I belive that after I had a discuss with Rexer about searchin from interwebs the real original glue. Came in conclusion that brand under name GG strains has created the very first original glue aka GG#4.
From their page:
1642795423986.jpeg

100% certified Original Glue (GG4) fka Gorilla Glue 4 developed by GG Strains, the most seeked after strain of the 21th century, GG4 is a potent hybrid strain that delivers heavy-handed euphoria and relaxation, leaving you feeling “glued” to the couch, her chunky, resin-covered buds fill the room with pungent earthy & sour aromas inherited from its parent strains, Chem’s Sister, Sour Dubb, and Chocolate Diesel.

Search it up! :nerd-with-glasses: Just out of the curiosity searched where the Gorilla Glue originally roots came from.
But I bet Nirvana’s beans are good as most of the others.
I guess @Rexer would also vote for the GG#4? :laughtwo: Wrap it up! I’d be fine with GG#4.
Oh and btw their smallest package is 3-pack… I’d like to grow two same strains on separate reservoirs, BUT looks like I might have to move my cabinet growth inside the tent in couple weeks. 3 plants going to be too crowded in 2x3 tent. *sadface*

Hello farside!

I belive that after I had a discuss with Rexer about searchin from interwebs the real original glue. Came in conclusion that brand under name GG strains has created the very first original glue aka GG#4.
From their page:
1642795423986.jpeg

Search it up! :nerd-with-glasses: Just out of the curiosity searched where the Gorilla Glue originally roots came from.
I guess @Rexer would also vote for the GG#4? :laughtwo: Wrap it up! I’d be fine with GG#4.
Oh and btw their smallest package is 3-pack… I’d like to grow two same strains on separate reservoirs, BUT looks like I might have to move my cabinet growth inside the tent in couple weeks. 3 plants going to be too crowded in 2x3 tent. *sadface*
Heck ya! Gorilla Glue gets my vote, I've got a GG#1 auto going right now :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello farside!

From their page:
1642795423986.jpeg

I am well aware that Nirvana is not the original breeder of GG4, Gorilla Glue, or Original Glue. Was just pointing out what I recently had success with in a Glue Auto if you were in the market. They just so happen to call theirs Original Glue which can lead to confusion. No idea where they got their genetics from, be it the creator of the strain or otherwise. To the best of my knowledge, the only 2 strains that Nirvana can be credited with creating are Ice and AK-48, neither of which I have grown yet.

Heck ya! Gorilla Glue gets my vote, I've got a GG#1 auto going right now :cheesygrinsmiley:
GG#4 auto is the choice then! :cool: Gotta hope and/or expect the genetics to be good if theyve originally breeded it.

I am well aware that Nirvana is not the original breeder of GG4, Gorilla Glue, or Original Glue. Was just pointing out what I recently had success with in a Glue Auto if you were in the market. They just so happen to call theirs Original Glue which can lead to confusion. No idea where they got their genetics from, be it the creator of the strain or otherwise. To the best of my knowledge, the only 2 strains that Nirvana can be credited with creating are Ice and AK-48, neither of which I have grown yet.
Ye I belive that Nirvana would provide quality GG#4 beans no doubt. Just out of the curiosity searched where it originates from. Found out this GG strains brand seem to be the original creators, and thus that could assume the genetics should be good then. And my local seed vendor actually has GG Strain’s og glue available. Theyre just expensive as fuck.. 3-pack of fem autos costs 55€ :oops:

And this lady big mess. Dunno how much she going to swell anymore since foliage starts showing that theyre at the end of the road. Trics are lookin mostly cloudy and almost all of them having little amberish hue, but they aint like amber amber :laughtwo: I guess they just turnin into amber.

Landlords comming in 5 days and by then shes getting close to 80 days.

Anyway have a nice saturday fam!

- V

Back
Top Bottom