12/28 Journal Update

Helloow growers and 420 fam!
Mayweather slowly starting to stack up and she starts to smell! Like really…. Compared to others (the size) I guess, I’m going to need a carbon filter for this gal. The bigger she gets, more she smells.

Logan (PP#1) doing her ripenin' things. Ive fed alternately organic and synthetic ferts about 2.2-2.4 EC (TDS: ~1100-1200ppm) worth of. Soil is actually a very bad mix, Ive to flush it like once in a week.

Also noticed this Calcium deficiency looking symptoms in a few leaves of Mayweather (PP#2).
Theres actually only two leaves expressing these symptoms. And those leaves are closest ones to the clip fan.

Could ”wind burn” cause somethig like this? If there is a continuous breeze blowing at them could that mess up VPD somehow, so only those two particular leaves would show the symptoms. For example could the breeze increase stomata opening/closing and those leaves transpire more -> Ca def symptoms appears? Does that make sense? :D
24D2B3DF-BD66-413A-B755-ACB0FE702140.jpeg

There is now ~150ppm of Ca and 50-60ppm of Mg inside the res. So should be enough. K:Ca ppm ratio is 270:150 ppm and Ca:Mg ratio is 3:1
VPD should be ditto, ~1.2kPa & 40-45% RH

Date 12/28
Strain(s) Purple Punch auto#2
Day 49
- - -
Tent temp
22.7C (canopy height)
(DWC)
Water level down over 2L in 12h
Prev PPM 1020
Current PPM 880 / after the res change she ate +200ppm worth of nutes in past 24h
Reservoir pH changes pH keeps falling down to 5.5-5.6 - Adjusting up to 5.9-6
Solution/water temp 19C
RH 40-45%
VPD 1.19kPa
Light(s) Mars Hydro TS 1000 / ~12" above only @ 100%
- - -
pH
EC 2.1 / topped with nutrient solution to bring it back
TDS 1040-1050
- - -
* Fertilization & Feed *

Getting 50-100ppm drops per 12h. Topped the res with 1L water & upped Ca&Mg values for a bit when added 3ml (0.25ml/l) of Canna’s CalMag Agent. 3ml gave me +20ppm of N and 29ppm of Ca & 11ppm of Mg.

She getting so big. Compare to the 15L bucket how small that looks

I bet buds will stack nicely and these will turn into fat dense nugs :yummy:

Date 12/28
Strain(s) Purple Punch auto#1
Day 56
- - -
Tent temp
~22C
Solution/water temp -
RH 40-45%
VPD ~1.1kPa
Light(s) Mars Hydro TS 1000
- - -
pH
EC 2.4
TDS -
- - -
* Fertilization & Feed *

Just before the christmas I flushed the fabric pot, once again.. runoff pH was showing 5.7 pH
Flushed the soil with pH adjusted tap water (8pH tap water) and stopped when runoff was showing 6.7
9th week will be most likely the last week I feed her.

12/27 Trichomes watch :nerd-with-glasses: Still some clear ones and very little amber ones

12/28 / Day 56

Have a nice tuesday & toke safe
:passitleft:

- V

12/30 Journal Update

Hello hello. Update again, shall we?
I think Mayweather on DWC having some excessive Calcium and that causes Mg/K def looking symptoms..
~150-170ppm of Ca in reservoir now, which seem to be too much. 110-130ppm she was doing fine tho. …Hey plant could you explain yourself lil better?

This is how the tissue burn proceeded. Couple of the worst leaves are tacoing up now, and they look fried. (Not showing in this pic)
Necrotic spots appears and spreads interveinal:
285663E7-7213-49E5-A6B0-E992F1994322.jpeg

Date
12/30
Strain(s) Purple Punch auto#2
Day 51 / Week 8
- - -
Tent temp
23.3C at canopy height
(DWC)
Water level 2L down in past 12h
Prev PPM 910
Current PPM 820 / letting it drop for now. Topping only with pH’d water & HG
Reservoir pH changes pH been kinda steady 6 / drops down to 5.8 and adjusting back to 6.1
Solution/water temp 19C
RH 45%
VPD 1.07kPa
Light(s) Mars Hydro TS 1000 / 25cm above :sorry:
- - -
pH
EC 2
TDS 1040
- - -
* Fertilization & Feed *

If the deficiency symptoms continues then doing the res change.
Latest reservoir patch starting EC was 2-2.1 / ~1050ppm

Date 12/30
Strain(s) Purple Punch auto#1
Day 58
- - -
Tent temp
23C
Solution/water temp -
RH 45%
VPD -
Light(s) Mars Hydro TS 1000 / ~30cm above
- - -
pH
EC 2.3
TDS -
- - -
* Fertilization & Feed *

This week is most likely the last week feeding her. Judging by the look - if she looks good after 9th week, then 10th will be water diet.

And Punchers backstage: :cheer:

Thanks for stoppin by! I appreciate it.

Safe!
- Verb

150-170ppm of Ca in reservoir now, which seem to be too much. 110-130ppm she was doing fine tho. …
The level of K in the reservoir was getting up there too (+275 ppm) - this will also affect Mg uptake. Pulling the K back to about 225 ppm should help.
Necrotic spots appears and spreads interveinal:
Yup - classic Mg def - you would see more necrosis along the leaf tip/edges with K def

The level of K in the reservoir was getting up there too (+275 ppm) - this will also affect Mg uptake. Pulling the K back to about 225 ppm should help.
Yeah, looks like the tissue burn still spreading. Doing the res change tomorrow and might actually try GHE flowering recommendations. It was around 225 or 235 K, pretty high Mg ~70-80ppm and Ca would be ~115ppm.

Have a super blast new year sensei @FelipeBlu :love::passitleft:

Looking stellar this way Verb!! Have a great New Year weekend!
Thanks Krissi for poppin in, there gon be sucha cool plans bout to be executed straight when 2022 starts ;)
Lil peek:
0E20C24F-6894-464C-ABE7-7A8095A9854A.jpeg

And You too @Krissi1982 have a great New year!!!

A quick New year update:
- Water level down almost 3L overnight.
- prev ppm: 800
- current ppm: 820
- ppm adjusted to: 860ppm (res change tomorrow)
- pH keeps fallin down to 5.5 time to time / keeping it pretty steady 5.9-6.1

All the 420 fam and grower folks have a great New Year! :green_heart:
Do not forget your new years resolution & wishes ;)

Safe
- V

Yeah, looks like the tissue burn still spreading. Doing the res change tomorrow and might actually try GHE flowering recommendations. It was around 225 or 235 K, pretty high Mg ~70-80ppm and Ca would be ~115ppm.

Have a super blast new year sensei @FelipeBlu :love::passitleft:

Thanks Krissi for poppin in, there gon be sucha cool plans bout to be executed straight when 2022 starts ;)
Lil peek:
0E20C24F-6894-464C-ABE7-7A8095A9854A.jpeg

And You too @Krissi1982 have a great New year!!!

A quick New year update:
- Water level down almost 3L overnight.
- prev ppm: 800
- current ppm: 820
- ppm adjusted to: 860ppm (res change tomorrow)
- pH keeps fallin down to 5.5 time to time / keeping it pretty steady 5.9-6.1

All the 420 fam and grower folks have a great New Year! :green_heart:
Do not forget your new years resolution & wishes ;)

Safe
- V
Ooooh how exciting!!! Thanks Verb!

1/1/2022 Journal update

Yay first place to type 2022.
New Year started with a bucket change. :yahoo:
So little tweaks were done once again, to hopefully meet her needs better.
These amounts are almost as GHE bottle label recommends for the flowering stage.

The mix is:
- 0.5ml (2 drops per litre) B’cuzz Silic boost
- 1.3ml/l GHE Micro
- 2ml/l GHE Bloom
- 0.9ml/l GHE Grow
- 0.55ml/l Remo Astroflower
- 1.5ml/l Terpinator

Gives total NPK & secondary ppm values of:
N: 120ppm
P: 70ppm
K: 199 + 52ppm from Terpinator
Ca: 100 + 19ppm tap water
Mg: 77ppm
S: 121ppm
Si: 33ppm

Slightly recuded Ca ppm values, Mg increased little & Potassium just a little lower (but she still consumes large amounts of K).
We’ll see in couple days how she likes it.
Leaf production is still mad crazy.. I’ve slightly defoliated her two times already and starts to look like she needs the 3rd one.
…Maybe tomorrow.
(Foliage looks darker when flash on)

Canopy

Have a great New Year weekend!
Verb

Stunning lady :)

1/6 Journal update
+ new reservoir patch

Howdy 420 fam and growers! Greetings from cold ass snowy Finland.
Been kinda inactive lately and Ive got a lot to catch up with!
Now pretty much the new project + side cabinet project finnished, and ready to be executed! :yahoo: More about those later.

First of all looks like I might have to chop the dwc plant after 13 days… *BIG SIGH* Apparently landlords doing a plumbing and ventilation inspection for each apartment in this flat. And Ive got not place to hide that big ass plant. Also my tent being hooked to the house intake vents. So I have to take the whole tent down etc.
Still figuring ways how I could postpone it week or a two at least.

PP#2 on dwc still having issues with Magnesium uptake.. The deficiency or lockout remains and couple leaves showing the symptoms. They ending up like this; Finally tacoes and gets crisp to touch.
894EBAE5-0C25-4E6E-BC0F-61EEC9658AB0.jpeg

I mixed a new reservoir patch and reduced Calcium and Potassium ppm’s even more, incase that would fix the deficiency. Newest patch is close to 3/4 strength from GHE’s recommendation.

New mix is:
- 1.1ml/l GHE Micro
- 0.6ml/l GHE Grow
- 2.2ml/l GHE Bloom
- 0.55ml/l Remo’s Astro Flower
- 0.45ml/l Canna’s MONO Magnesium

Gives me:
N: 101ppm
P: 71ppm
K: 185ppm
Ca: 63 + 19 tap water (82ppm)
Mg: 71ppm
S: 127ppm

Dropped Terpinator completely out for now since K is 185ppm already (might top with terpinator time to time), and there is shit loads of resin on top the sugar leaves. But flower development is lacking. Because of that tried to increase Phosphorus and Magnesium, plus they should have a synergism together.

Meh, first time dealing with the flowering plant and dwc. Not sure at all what kind of adjustments I should do. She is still eating shit loads of cations. pH tends to fall down to 5.5-5.3 before Im there to adjust it back.
Can’t even remember when I last time had to adjust reservoir pH down. :rolleyes:

1/5-1/6/2022

- Water level: Falling over 2L every 12h
- Prev PPM: 910
- Current PPM: 850
- Adjusted PPM to: 990 (topped with nutrient solution + 1.5ml Canna’s Magnesium)
- Prev pH: 5.9
- Current pH: 5.3 this morning, yikes!
- Adjusted pH to: 6.1

Purple Punch#2 (Mayweather)

And then we got PP#1, Logan!
Shes just swelling there. Gave her last watering (pH’d water only) yday. She will go down as soon as she has completely droughted. When the whole plant wilts and looks like it has absorbed every drop from the soil.

Thats it for now.
All the feedback, opinions and tips are welcum!

Thanks for stoppin by

- Verb

1/6 Journal update
+ new reservoir patch

Howdy 420 fam and growers! Greetings from cold ass snowy Finland.
Been kinda inactive lately and Ive got a lot to catch up with!
Now pretty much the new project + side cabinet project finnished, and ready to be executed! :yahoo: More about those later.

First of all looks like I might have to chop the dwc plant after 13 days… *BIG SIGH* Apparently landlords doing a plumbing and ventilation inspection for each apartment in this flat. And Ive got not place to hide that big ass plant. Also my tent being hooked to the house intake vents. So I have to take the whole tent down etc.
Still figuring ways how I could postpone it week or a two at least.

PP#2 on dwc still having issues with Magnesium uptake.. The deficiency or lockout still remaining.
Couple leaves still showing the symptoms. They ending up like this; Finally tacoes and gets crisp to touch.
894EBAE5-0C25-4E6E-BC0F-61EEC9658AB0.jpeg

I mixed a new reservoir patch and reduced Calcium and Potassium ppm’s even more, incase that would fix the deficiency. Newest patch is close to 3/4 strength from GHE’s recommendation.

New mix is:
- 1.1ml/l GHE Micro
- 0.6ml/l GHE Grow
- 2.2ml/l GHE Bloom
- 0.55ml/l Remo’s Astro Flower
- 0.45ml/l Canna’s MONO Magnesium

Gives me:
N: 101ppm
P: 71ppm
K: 185ppm
Ca: 63 + 19 tap water (82ppm)
Mg: 71ppm
S: 127ppm

Dropped Terpinator completely out for now since K is 185ppm already (might top with terpinator time to time), and there is shit loads of resin on top the sugar leaves. But flower development is lacking. Because of that tried to increase Phosphorus and Magnesium, plus they should have a synergism together.

Meh, first time dealing with the flowering plant and dwc. Not sure at all what kind of adjustments I should do. She is still eating shit loads of cations. pH tends to fall down to 5.5-5.3 before Im there to adjust it back.
Can’t even remember when I last time had to adjust reservoir pH down. :rolleyes:

1/5-1/6/2022

- Water level: Falling over 2L every 12h
- Prev PPM: 910
- Current PPM: 850
- Adjusted PPM to: 990 (topped with nutrient solution + 1.5ml Canna’s Magnesium)
- Prev pH: 5.9
- Current pH: 5.3 this morning, yikes!
- Adjusted pH to: 6.1

Purple Punch#2 (Mayweather)

And then we got PP#1, Logan!
Shes just swelling there. Gave her last watering (pH’d water only) yday. She will go down as soon as she has completely droughted. When the whole plant wilts and looks like it has absorbed every drop from the soil.

Thats it for now.
All the feedback, opinions and tips are welcum!

Thanks for stoppin by

- Verb
Good afternoon @Verbalist from snowy Canada.
Hope you are well my friend.
Great update.
Sorry about the inspection problem. :oops:
Re: your c-m issue
I read you mix.
Cal-mag was listed last.
Is that your mix order?
Calmag must be the first thing added to your plain water. :Namaste:
It's important for proper nutrient uptake.
Give that a try you will see an improvement.

Stay safe
Bill

Good afternoon @Verbalist from snowy Canada.
Hope you are well my friend.
Great update.
Sorry about the inspection problem. :oops:
Evening Bill. And thanks for the reply!
Yeah that sucks d, big time… Makes me actually sad if can’t finish this plant properly.
Planned the next growth already tho. Probs growing 2x NL or GG autos on DWC. And partly started the cabinet grow 1x Tangerine Dream auto in mini DIY DWC. So at least one more round before the spring! …Hopefully…gott shhs shhs not to jinx myself. :laugh:

Re: your c-m issue
I read you mix.
Cal-mag was listed last.
Is that your mix order?
Calmag must be the first thing added to your plain water. :Namaste:
It's important for proper nutrient uptake.
Give that a try you will see an improvement.
I’m using GHE’s Floraseries AKA TriPart nowdays.
GHE Micro for soft water has 6% Ca, so not using any additional Cal/Mag supplements in my feeding regime. Couple times fed Canna’s Cal/Mag agent to bump up Ca & Mg values.

And if not using Silica, then I always mix Micro first so Ca goes first amongst with N and other micros. Then 2nd is bloom which provides most of the Magnesium.
Cal-mag was listed last.
That is actually Canna’s MONO-series pure Magnesiun supplement. Its 7% MgO and 13% Sulfur trioxide only.
This product: CANNA MONO Magnesium (MgO 7%) 1L - growland

Bought the bottle couple days ago so I could rectify the deficiency better.

Don’t know if excessive Calcium or/and Potassium caused Magnesium to lockout. Thats why tried to reduce them even more and up Mg ppm’s.
So far haven’t seen any improvement. Particular leaves getting worse day by day and some of the pistils turning into orange already. Theres definitely something wrong because its producing very little new fresh wait hairs.
Plant should be bulkin up already since all the bud sites has set.

pH pen being calibrated like twice in a week so the readings are accurate between 5.4-6.1 pH, and can’t be pH related issue.

Evening Bill. And thanks for the reply!
Yeah that sucks d, big time… Makes me actually sad if can’t finish this plant properly.
Planned the next growth already tho. Probs growing 2x NL or GG autos on DWC. And partly started the cabinet grow 1x Tangerine Dream auto in mini DIY DWC. So at least one more round before the spring! …Hopefully…gott shhs shhs not to jinx myself. :laugh:

I’m using GHE’s Floraseries AKA TriPart nowdays.
GHE Micro for soft water has 6% Ca, so not using any additional Cal/Mag supplements in my feeding regime. Couple times fed Canna’s Cal/Mag agent to bump up Ca & Mg values.

And if not using Silica, then I always mix Micro first so Ca goes first amongst with N and other micros. Then 2nd is bloom which provides most of the Magnesium.

That is actually Canna’s MONO-series pure Magnesiun supplement. Its 7% MgO and 13% Sulfur trioxide only.
This product: CANNA MONO Magnesium (MgO 7%) 1L - growland

Bought the bottle couple days ago so I could rectify the deficiency better.

Don’t know if excessive Calcium or/and Potassium caused Magnesium to lockout. Thats why tried to reduce them even more and up Mg ppm’s.
So far haven’t seen any improvement. Particular leaves getting worse day by day and some of the pistils turning into orange already. Theres definitely something wrong because its producing very little new fresh wait hairs.
Plant should be bulkin up already since all the bud sites has set.

pH pen being calibrated like twice in a week so the readings are accurate between 5.4-6.1 pH, and can’t be pH related issue.
You don't think 5.4 is a touch low to start 5.7 I'd think but thats just me.
Your rdwc right which isn't my Forte.
Do you talk to @FelipeBlu he is very knowledgeable at this sort of issue.
Maby he can have a look.

Stay safe
Bill

You don't think 5.4 is a touch low to start 5.7 I'd think but thats just me.
5.4 getting pretty low, but acceptable. Trace elements getting absorbed better at low pH.
And that could be the one part of this problem, because lower than 5.8 pH Ca & Mg availability decreases. Could try to measure dwc things more than two times per day, so I’d keep the pH in between range of 5.8-6.1

Your rdwc right which isn't my Forte.
Do you talk to @FelipeBlu he is very knowledgeable at this sort of issue.
Maby he can have a look.
Yes, been chattin about the issue with Felipe. Knowledge ain’t lacking from this sensei.

Dunno if there was an excess of something causing the Mg def/lockout and even if I changed the res, the plants still not absorbing Magnesium. Do I have to do flushes with dwc? Run reservoir with water only for ~24hrs and then get back to feeding?

5.4 getting pretty low, but acceptable. Trace elements getting absorbed better at low pH.
And that could be the one part of this problem, because lower than 5.8 pH Ca & Mg availability decreases. Could try to measure dwc things more than two times per day, so I’d keep the pH in between range of 5.8-6.1

Yes, been chattin about the issue with Felipe. Knowledge ain’t lacking from this sensei.

Dunno if there was an excess of something causing the Mg def/lockout and even if I changed the res, the plants still not absorbing Magnesium. Do I have to do flushes with dwc? Run reservoir with water only for ~24hrs and then get back to feeding?
I personally keep it at 5.8 always have acceptable results. ;)
Sensei and we all grasshoppers :rofl:

Stay safe
Bill

This is key
If pH is low - Mg uptake is reduced.
0BFF3ACC-B681-478E-907B-3003CD780D19.jpeg

Keep it up!

Bill284 stopped in my grow journal to ask a question related to your CalMag/pH issue, so I thought I'd drop by and take a look myself.

I agree with the others, I try to keep pH 5.7-6.1 ish.

Looked at your recent pictures and the notes. Have you any guestimate on the ppfd levels at the canopy. I'm just asking because I have seen similar things in some of my grows in the past: leaves folding and then apparent nute issues with dead or dying spots on the leaves. I originally though that i had nutrient problems but nothing I ever did changed anything. I'm not sure where i read this but someone commented that too much light can cause nute problems as well as simulate the effects of nutrient problems. I checked my light levels and they were way up there (way too close to the lights, and or too much light in a smaller chamber). Tried to cut back the light level and it helped (this was only a couple of grows ago, so not enough data to be sure but ....) Last couple of grows i limited the light exposure by trying to keep my plants small through some trimming and LST. These showed very little of the brown spots I had seen before. With my new lights in my current grow I am making a conscious attempt to control the light intensity at the canopy to ~700ppfd. Not far enough along on the grow yet to confirm anything yet. Your problem may not have anything to do with this, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there. Great looking plants btw:goodjob::bravo::adore:

Bill284 stopped in my grow journal to ask a question related to your CalMag/pH issue, so I thought I'd drop by and take a look myself.

Looked at your recent pictures and the notes. Have you any guestimate on the ppfd levels at the canopy. I'm just asking because I have seen similar things in some of my grows in the past: leaves folding and then apparent nute issues with dead or dying spots on the leaves. I originally though that i had nutrient problems but nothing I ever did changed anything. I'm not sure where i read this but someone commented that too much light can cause nute problems as well as simulate the effects of nutrient problems. I checked my light levels and they were way up there (way too close to the lights, and or too much light in a smaller chamber). Tried to cut back the light level and it helped (this was only a couple of grows ago, so not enough data to be sure but ....) Last couple of grows i limited the light exposure by trying to keep my plants small through some trimming and LST. These showed very little of the brown spots I had seen before. With my new lights in my current grow I am making a conscious attempt to control the light intensity at the canopy to ~700ppfd. Not far enough along on the grow yet to confirm anything yet. Your problem may not have anything to do with this, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there. Great looking plants btw:goodjob::bravo::adore:
Thank you again @paintedbudman great suggestion. :thumb:
Appreciate you dropping by to help out.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello @paintedbudman and thanks for your reply!
About pH — yuh I’m now trying to keep it more stable in between of 5.8-6.1. Ive always before measured/adjusted it every morning and second time before lights go off. So no idea how fast the pH falls down to 5.4-5.6. But guess I’ll find it out very soon.

Then about the lighting. That could make sense indeed.
I’m using Mars Hydro TS 1000 (150W dimmable full spectrum LED)

This is @Mars Hydro s ppfd map almost in same sized tent, but 18" above:
D81209FC-7125-4F17-9D09-D6B07DB394FA.jpeg

And mine is lifted high as possible (tent height only 140cm) and plants highest tops are close as 20-25cm (8-10") from the lamp. And the lamp is dimmed at 100%.. So idk if theyre getting light burn or too much light. That would explain why pistils turning into orange and getting little crispy.

But in other hand canopy temp is between 22-23.5C (~73F) and there is a constant breeze blowing over the tops.

Obviously the highest top colas closest to lamp has to transpire more and thus that might show the worst symptoms.
And I might be totally wrong, but the taco-effect at the end comes because the particular leave is almost ”dead” so it’s more prone to heat for example.

I feel like if this kind of problem doesn’t sort out with one particular adjustment, then it’s a sum of many different things which should be fixed to sort it out and not to cause more harm.

This is key
If pH is low - Mg uptake is reduced.
0BFF3ACC-B681-478E-907B-3003CD780D19.jpeg

Keep it up!
Yeah figuring out now how fast the pH falls down below 5.8 and Mg availability decreases.
One thing I’m wondering. Is it typical for flowering plant that I can read the dwc things and understand that she consumes mostly cations. I thought even the flowering plant should be pretty much in balance with anion and cation uptake.
Because two ”static things” are water level falls ~2-3L every 12h and pH falls from 5.9-6 to 5.4-5.3 in the same time. EC/TDS may be steady even if the water level would have dropped +2L and sometimes EC/TDS falls as well as.

PS. I think that chart’s inaccurate. Magnesium looks right tho. But Ca, Fe and P ain’t right.

I appreciate your help guys :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom