Elious' Second Wind

I'll have to let them dry out a little and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

August_5th_second_grow.jpg

The droopyness in the leaves has halted and somewhat improved. Sorry this journal isn't very exciting, I'm not sure what to do about that...

I think you should try and just focus on bettering your garden always. no matter if you have traffic to your journal or not. i stop in from time to time will offer my input when I can. your plants look good really and you are going to have some beasts in there.

I really like that your trying a variety its just harder to control sometimes. If you ever need any help theres no question too dumb...well maybe if you asked me if its alright to replace bulbs without unplugging the ballast hahaha man that must have zapped you.

I can do that! I'll throw un some closer pics and shottafire, you're right about just working on improving the garden. I just like to make it interesting but the up side is that its bland because its going well so far. Not a lot to report...
You have no idea how bad that thing got me man!! I think I messed things up with god on that day brother! 220 = no fun:)

I can do that! I'll throw un some closer pics and shottafire, you're right about just working on improving the garden. I just like to make it interesting but the up side is that its bland because its going well so far. Not a lot to report...
You have no idea how bad that thing got me man!! I think I messed things up with god on that day brother! 220 = no fun:)

Must have been shocking in more ways than 1

Okay, the funny curling/droopyness is becoming a little alarming. I mean, they look good overall but I don't like this. At first I thought it was going away but now I'm noticing it a bit more. Here's some pics.
Leaf_curl_1.jpg
Leaf_curl_2.jpg
Leaf_curl_3.jpg

I've been watering them when they felt light enough and the top couple inches were dry. I haven't given them any nutrients so far. The room is kept at 75-85 degrees. Humidity is around 40-50%.
The last few times I watered them I wasn't giving them a lot and then they would dry up pretty quick. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Instead of a good flood and then let them dry out, I was giving them just enough to get them by for a couple days. I had to water tonight because they were really dry. I'm hoping for improvement over the next day ironically so. I'll try to take a pic in the dark hours tomorrow before lights on. Thanks for the quick response.

I got this puck just as the lights came on. Literally they clicked on as I kneeled down to take the pic.
Lights_off_curl.jpg

I think it looks better... This is the same leaf as the top picture in the last set of pictures I posted.

Alright guys, well, I don't think the leaf curling is an issue or at least its not getting any worse. Its actually getting better but its getting better SLOWLY abduction I don't like that but it is what it is. So I got some more pics but I have to crop them before I post them and I'm at work right now. I had to make a pit stop. Its funny, my thinking chair is made of porcelain, how about yours?

Threesome.jpg
Wild_kingdom.jpg

The first pic from left to right is white rhino, blue cheese, and critical kush. I believe the critical kush is going to be a male. No balls yet but everything else has hairs and is beginning to bud. We'll see...
The second is like my version of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Take note because I'm going to do some defoilation tonight. They won't look like this in the morning.

Hey shottafire, how's it going man. When you say, 'focus on the lower stuff', are you talking about lollipoping? And yeah, I'm not going too wild on defoiliation, granny always told me, "everything in moderation". I believe defoilating can be great for your plants but too much is too much. I'm not to convinced that extreme defoiliation is all the more beneficial than a moderate defoiliation. You know outdoors we never took a leaf off. It was all natural baby! But inside, you gotta take advantage of every angle you can. Although I'm just a rook indoors so I guess I shouldn't speak with such conviction.

Yep lollipopping at or around three weeks and a few leaves here and there until at or around 6 weeks where I will work the canopy and defoliate a little throughout but not removing all the energy off the plant. After this I leave it until chop.

I have tried it different ways and this seems to work out the best for me. As far as outside is concerned I would remove leaves here and there but never more than a few.

Your garden is looking stellar. I would keep doing what your doing and play around with the defol until you find what works.

I hear ya, I'm happy with my last harvest but it was my first experience with defoilation so I have nothing to base it on. Its going to be a while before I get my groove down cold. This time around I used three different soils, mainly due to the microb thing I was all hyped up about. I still think the beneficials are great but one of the soils I used is borderline experimental. Whatever this leaf curling is, I'm almost positive utter has something to do with the soil mix. But, live & learn. So I have a pic of the defoilation that I did but I didn't go too crazy, and the lollipopping didn't get out of hand either. I know a lot of people swear by lollipopping but I'm taking a conservative approach only taking spindley little twigs that I don't figure to produce much.
So I have some pics and I need some help. The first two are of my critical kush and I'm not sure if this is going to be a male or not. It doesn't have balls but it isn't showing hairs either... Take a look.
Male_or_female6.jpg
Male_or_female_24.jpg

What do you think? Male...maybe?

Couple more shots...
8-11-13.jpg

That's just after the defoilation.
Now I'm going all Mic Dundee on your asses!! Here's a shot from down under:)
Down_under1.jpg

Alright guys, the plant in question (critical kush) is in fact a female. I'm not real excited with the critical kush. Its definitely a late bloomer and unless it impresses me over the remainder of this run, I'm going to cancel out critical kush all together. I'm just not impressed with this strain so far. We'll see...
The white rhino on the other hand has turned out to be awesome!! Lots of bud sites, great structure for indoor, and its got the biggest buds thus far. I'll snap a shot and post it but its nothing too impressive just yet.
My lady made our new batch of clones two days ago and they're all doing very well. 100% success rate. Lifetime she must be in the high 90's!
The crop is doing great, they were just fed with a molasses and bloom solution. I gave them a weak feeding because I was concerned about how much potassium and phosphorus they were getting. More or less, at this point, I'm looking pretty good...

Blue_cheese_bud.jpg
Ck_bud.jpg

Okay, not much to tell right now. They are doing pretty damn good though. My wife walked in this evening and said, "Wow babe, they're looking great. So much better than last time."
I told her that was awesome news considering we reaped pretty well last time. I'm excited about them but I'm staying on my toes. "Its when the gods have blessed you that the devil hears your name."-Grandpa [ahhh:hmmmm:] of Elious! :)
I have some more pics to upload but it takes forever to upload and I'm beat! Post some tomorrow! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom