Emilya's Outdoor GeoFlora Organic Auto Journal, 2020, Unknown Master's Mix

I have bad news folks... our skydiving tipburned Kate has given it up. She is in the process of completely shriveling up and will be a former sprout sometime tomorrow. We will send her spirit and her body back into the compost bin to come around again. I could not even bear to take her picture.

Twisty is still thriving, starting to use a lot of water... maybe a 2 day wet/dry cycle now... so that is good, and she may get transplanted next week some time.

The bug, imitation or not, was dead on top of the soil. There are more than 6 spots on each of his wings, but I don't think he is a real ladybug... he is too big. Not only that, but I think he ate some holes in my lower leaf and deposited some eggs up there. I am very tempted to remove that leaf, and may after looking at it more closely tomorrow. She is also going to get a lactobacillus serum spray for the next several days, for all I know she has spider mites by now... the garden spiders sure love stringing webs all around her.

I can not imagine how nervous I would be if I had $50 seeds growing outdoors. We are going to start the indoor grow room next week... I am much better at this indoors, where I control everything, and I dare say, where I can give the sun a run for its money.

That's awesome.. for the amount of grilling I do the Weber kettle works out great for me. I've been able to do Home Run Inn Pizza on the grill, Spatchcock foil wrapped brick pressed chicken, stand up beer can lemon chicken, a couple racks of ribs, and everything else on it .. That's great that you have the wet smoke capability.. I have a little smoking tray or uses foil pouches of fruit wood chips from our apple tree.. For large amounts of people you can't beat your set up..
I BBQ all the time. I use to do competition BBQ before I left Texas. I had to leave my big pit with a friend, it's doable, and I had to tow up my things. I have a descent one now, I'm looking to get another big custom one done, but no one around here does them like back home in TX. I'm doing ribs this weekend!

I have bad news folks... our skydiving tipburned Kate has given it up. She is in the process of completely shriveling up and will be a former sprout sometime tomorrow. We will send her spirit and her body back into the compost bin to come around again. I could not even bear to take her picture.

Twisty is still thriving, starting to use a lot of water... maybe a 2 day wet/dry cycle now... so that is good, and she may get transplanted next week some time.

The bug, imitation or not, was dead on top of the soil. There are more than 6 spots on each of his wings, but I don't think he is a real ladybug... he is too big. Not only that, but I think he ate some holes in my lower leaf and deposited some eggs up there. I am very tempted to remove that leaf, and may after looking at it more closely tomorrow. She is also going to get a lactobacillus serum spray for the next several days, for all I know she has spider mites by now... the garden spiders sure love stringing webs all around her.

I can not imagine how nervous I would be if I had $50 seeds growing outdoors. We are going to start the indoor grow room next week... I am much better at this indoors, where I control everything, and I dare say, where I can give the sun a run for its money.
Sorry for your loss, Keep going with Twisty to see how far you can take her into the fall, I mean autumn lol.. Lets see what this veg stuff can do..

Hey Homer! A perfect chefs knife is a great thing. I have a nice one I bought back in ‘96 (believe it is a Wusthov) - full tang, nice and solid. Still like new, and will last many lifetimes! Being retired is great. I just hit the one year mark and haven’t looked back. I spent a full six months or so prepping our house to sell and getting us mostly settled into our farm and the last 6 months trying to learn how to grow weed... :rolleyes: Back in the day (wayyyy back) I was a welder apprentice for 4 years. I have a little 3 in 1 machine that I’ve been tinkering with and am gonna start a project soon.

A Wusthov is a good German knife. Funny but the Germans although they make a great knife don't use spectacular steels; it is good quality pure steel but there's not a lot of carbon so they aren't very hard so they don't stay sharp very long but the benefit is they are easy to sharpen. Japanese knives on the other hand have ridiculous amounts of carbon so are extremely hard so hold an edge for a long time but are more challenging to sharpen. My nephew is teaching in Japan and is planning on buying a traditional Japanese chef's knife which I find pretty cool.

Here is my latest knife that turned out pretty well. I watched a documentary about an 80 some year-old Japanese sushi master who decided to allow his apprentice to make a simple cake which he was very excited about but his enthusiasm was severely challenged when it took him almost 200 tries to gain the Master's approval. That is my approach with my chef's knives; I'm trying to make the same one better each time. It is quite the challenge because there are about 20 steps and one mistake in any step and it is not perfect. I think what keeps me so fascinated is that it is so challenging.

38.jpg

Cool, you were a welder too. I find it's like riding a bike so I am sure you will enjoy your little three in one project. The longer I am retired the more I am enjoying it.

it is good quality pure steel but there's not a lot of carbon so they aren't very hard so they don't stay sharp very long but the benefit is they are easy to sharpen.
You are right about that. I use a sharpening (straightening) steel in the kitchen and it has done a good job.
Here is my latest knife that turned out pretty well.
That is absolutely gorgeous, Homer. :bravo: Really nicely done!
Cool, you were a welder too. I find it's like riding a bike so
Yeah. So, far so good. Unfortunately I’ve discovered that my 3 in 1 won’t TIG aluminum. It requires a spool gun - and I never liked spool welding aluminum since there was so much spatter. Maybe things have changed in 30+ years wrt wire fed aluminum? I’ll likely look for a little TIG machine in order to have that capability.

A Wusthov is a good German knife. Funny but the Germans although they make a great knife don't use spectacular steels; it is good quality pure steel but there's not a lot of carbon so they aren't very hard so they don't stay sharp very long but the benefit is they are easy to sharpen. Japanese knives on the other hand have ridiculous amounts of carbon so are extremely hard so hold an edge for a long time but are more challenging to sharpen. My nephew is teaching in Japan and is planning on buying a traditional Japanese chef's knife which I find pretty cool.

Here is my latest knife that turned out pretty well. I watched a documentary about an 80 some year-old Japanese sushi master who decided to allow his apprentice to make a simple cake which he was very excited about but his enthusiasm was severely challenged when it took him almost 200 tries to gain the Master's approval. That is my approach with my chef's knives; I'm trying to make the same one better each time. It is quite the challenge because there are about 20 steps and one mistake in any step and it is not perfect. I think what keeps me so fascinated is that it is so challenging.

38.jpg

Cool, you were a welder too. I find it's like riding a bike so I am sure you will enjoy your little three in one project. The longer I am retired the more I am enjoying it.
Wow that’s a pretty knife. I’m a Machine Repairman so I am grudgingly familiar with different metals and their applications. Never thought to check a knifes hardness. What is the perfect Rockwell hardness for a chef’s knife? Ever check one or can you just tell? Like a samurai sword is hardest at its edge...how long you been doing that? Man that’s a nice knife.

Veg, Day 18

Twisty has been doing well the last several days, but still not at the rate of water usage that would indicate it was time to transplant. I have been being stingy with the water so that hopefully she gets on with it quickly. I have no doubt that she will, as I see preflowers now forming in the lower nodes... she is just a couple of weeks from flowering. That lower leaf that was the target of the invading beetle is still there, but it is yellowing significantly ... I will be removing it soon.

Today we go back to a bit of stealth mode, as our house warming party is in a few hours and we have removed all signs of growing and toking from sight and locked up the firearms. Twisty has been brought inside and will be placed in the window up in the grow room for the day... if my guests are allowed up those stairs (many won't try and I will mention the wasp problem) they will see the beginnings of the grow room, complete with lights on the floor and Twisty in the window... it is legal now after all.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend! We start assembling the grow room this next week!

DSCF8161.JPG
DSCF8159.JPG
DSCF8158.JPG

We had a very nice party, received lots of gifts, and no one was allowed to ride on the tractor. My sweetie gave me a present too, one that she had been working on for some time and one that I get to share with you! I now have a spreadsheet that describes my seed collection!

Here they are sorted by name!

# of SeedsSexNameSeed Bank
1F5th ElementElemental Seeds
2F707 TruthBandHumbolt Seed Organization
1F710 Cheese710 Genetics Seeds
6F818 HeadbandThe Cali Connection
5FAcapulco GoldBarney's Farm
2FAfganiGod Bud
250RAfghan Kush
20RAfghani
500RAK-47
7RAK-47Serious Seeds
2FAmherst Sour DieselHumbold Seed Organization
1FAAuto Pounder with CheeseAuto Seeds
3FAAuto TaoMicron
18UBag Seeds
15UBag Seeds
3RBerry D-licious originalSantero
1000RBerry D-licious seed runEmilya
18RBerry Nice PlantsSantero
1FBlack Widow x Lemon ThaiCH9 Seeds
3FBlue KushDinafem
2FBlue OGG13 Labs
4FBlue TreacleFeminised Seeds
1FBubbas GiftHumbolt Seed Organization
1FBubbleGum KushThe Bulldog Seeds
1FCarmeloDelicious Seeds
1FChaos KushElemental Seeds
1FCheeseDinafem
1FCheesy HeadbandEmerald Triangle Seeds
5RChocolate Cheese x BlofishSantero
1FChocolate Heaven G13 Labs
1FChocolocoVision Seeds
1FCinderalla 99G13 Labs
9FCookies KushBarney's Farm
5RCritical MassBlimburn Seeds
2FCritical Sensi StarDelicious Seeds
2FDeep CheeseDinafem
15FDurban Poison
50FDutch Passion OG
2FExcaliburEVA Seeds
7Ufree
8Ffree
2RGirl Scout CookiesCali Connection Seeds
1FGrape KushMoxie Seeds
1F Green CrackHumbolt Seed Organization
2FGreen CrackGod Bud
1FGreen CrackHumbold Seed Organization
50RGreen Crack x AK47Emilya
1FGummy BearElemental Seeds
1FHoneysuckleAdvanced Seeds
2FHoneysuckleAdvanced Seeds
1FIncredible BulkDr. Krippling
1FJack HererVision Seeds
1FJupiter OGCali Connection Seeds
5UKush
9FLSDBarney's Farm
1FMozambique Poison
2FNebulaParadise Seeds
2FNorthern High LightsAdvanced
2FNYC Diesel
1FAOG KushDinafem
2ROG Kush
2FOG's KushBlimBurn Seeds
3FOriginal White Widow
1FPandora
2RPFAKRusty Trichome
3FPineapple ChunkAdvanced Seeds
5FPineapple Chunk
1RPurple DieselSensible Seeds Exclusive
25RPurple Kush
1FPurple TrainwreckHumbolt Seed Organization
2FRoyal Queen Critical
5FSensi StarParadise Seeds
1FSolomon
1FStrawberry BlueWorld of Seeds
2FStrawberry CoughDinafem
4FSuper CheeseFeminised Seeds
3FSweet Jack 47
7FTangerine DreamBarney's Farm
500RTangerine Dream x AK-47
1FTangilopeDNA Genetics Seeds
5FThe WidowFeminised Seeds
1FTrainwreckHumbolt Seed Organization
1FTrueBerryElemental Seeds
8FVanilla KushBarney's Farm
1FWhite LavenderG13 Labs
1FWhite WidowDinafem
50RWhite WidowEmilya
2UWhite Widow x PFAKEmilya

I have 89 different choices I can make for the next indoor grow, starting this next week. What would YOU choose if you had my collection?

We had a very nice party, received lots of gifts, and no one was allowed to ride on the tractor. My sweetie gave me a present too, one that she had been working on for some time and one that I get to share with you! I now have a spreadsheet that describes my seed collection!

Here they are sorted by name!

# of SeedsSexNameSeed Bank
1F5th ElementElemental Seeds
2F707 TruthBandHumbolt Seed Organization
1F710 Cheese710 Genetics Seeds
6F818 HeadbandThe Cali Connection
5FAcapulco GoldBarney's Farm
2FAfganiGod Bud
250RAfghan Kush
20RAfghani
500RAK-47
7RAK-47Serious Seeds
2FAmherst Sour DieselHumbold Seed Organization
1FAAuto Pounder with CheeseAuto Seeds
3FAAuto TaoMicron
18UBag Seeds
15UBag Seeds
3RBerry D-licious originalSantero
1000RBerry D-licious seed runEmilya
18RBerry Nice PlantsSantero
1FBlack Widow x Lemon ThaiCH9 Seeds
3FBlue KushDinafem
2FBlue OGG13 Labs
4FBlue TreacleFeminised Seeds
1FBubbas GiftHumbolt Seed Organization
1FBubbleGum KushThe Bulldog Seeds
1FCarmeloDelicious Seeds
1FChaos KushElemental Seeds
1FCheeseDinafem
1FCheesy HeadbandEmerald Triangle Seeds
5RChocolate Cheese x BlofishSantero
1FChocolate HeavenG13 Labs
1FChocolocoVision Seeds
1FCinderalla 99G13 Labs
9FCookies KushBarney's Farm
5RCritical MassBlimburn Seeds
2FCritical Sensi StarDelicious Seeds
2FDeep CheeseDinafem
15FDurban Poison
50FDutch Passion OG
2FExcaliburEVA Seeds
7Ufree
8Ffree
2RGirl Scout CookiesCali Connection Seeds
1FGrape KushMoxie Seeds
1FGreen CrackHumbolt Seed Organization
2FGreen CrackGod Bud
1FGreen CrackHumbold Seed Organization
50RGreen Crack x AK47Emilya
1FGummy BearElemental Seeds
1FHoneysuckleAdvanced Seeds
2FHoneysuckleAdvanced Seeds
1FIncredible BulkDr. Krippling
1FJack HererVision Seeds
1FJupiter OGCali Connection Seeds
5UKush
9FLSDBarney's Farm
1FMozambique Poison
2FNebulaParadise Seeds
2FNorthern High LightsAdvanced
2FNYC Diesel
1FAOG KushDinafem
2ROG Kush
2FOG's KushBlimBurn Seeds
3FOriginal White Widow
1FPandora
2RPFAKRusty Trichome
3FPineapple ChunkAdvanced Seeds
5FPineapple Chunk
1RPurple DieselSensible Seeds Exclusive
25RPurple Kush
1FPurple TrainwreckHumbolt Seed Organization
2FRoyal Queen Critical
5FSensi StarParadise Seeds
1FSolomon
1FStrawberry BlueWorld of Seeds
2FStrawberry CoughDinafem
4FSuper CheeseFeminised Seeds
3FSweet Jack 47
7FTangerine DreamBarney's Farm
500RTangerine Dream x AK-47
1FTangilopeDNA Genetics Seeds
5FThe WidowFeminised Seeds
1FTrainwreckHumbolt Seed Organization
1FTrueBerryElemental Seeds
8FVanilla KushBarney's Farm
1FWhite LavenderG13 Labs
1FWhite WidowDinafem
50RWhite WidowEmilya
2UWhite Widow x PFAKEmilya

I have 89 different choices I can make for the next indoor grow, starting this next week. What would YOU choose if you had my collection?
Your a goddess and more @Emilya :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom